PDA

View Full Version : reactie Gegard Mousasi

Fasada
26-05-2009, 18:26
M-1 Global - Mixed Martial Arts (http://www.m-1global.com)

Reactie van Gegard Mousasi

Dalgliesh
26-05-2009, 18:31
Respect

marcelt
26-05-2009, 20:45
NEWS

MOUSASI TALKS WIN OVER HUNT; CONFIRMS FIGHT VS. BELFORT

mei 26 2009

Former DREAM middleweight champion and M-1 Global fighter Gegard Mousasi made a successful debut as a heavyweight earlier this morning following his first round submission victory over Mark Hunt at DREAM.9.

The victory over Hunt allowed Mousasi to advance to the second round of DREAM's "Super Hulk" Grand Prix, an open weight tournament with no weight restrictions.

M-1Global.com was able to conduct an exclusive interview with Mousasi immediately after the conclusion of DREAM.9. We asked the M-1 Challenge veteran whether he was nervous heading into his first major fight outside of the middleweight division.

"No, I wasn’t nervous," Mousasi responded with confidence. "I was very concentrated and had a gameplan in mind which I know would work."

That gameplan consisted of Mousasi utilizing his ever-improving ground game to take Hunt, a former K-1 standout, off his feet and onto the ground.

"I didn’t want to trade with him," he confirmed. "My gameplan was to force a takedown by punching."

Mission accomplished for Mousasi, who credited his successful move to heavyweight to some of his training partners.

"I trained real hard with heavyweights and I want to thank my trainingmates Jesse Gibbs, Ricardo Wondell and my brother Gewick," said a gracious Mousasi, before adding, "I also trained a lot with Guus van de Meer from Powerplate. He helped me al lot to gain weight without losing my speed."

In addition to Mousasi's victory, Minowaman, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, and South Korean K-1 standout Hong Man Choi all advanced to the second round of the "Super Hulk" Grand Prix, a tournament concept that has generated mixed reviews in the MMA community. However, Mousasi should be counted as one of its supporters.

"I think (Super Hulk) is nice," said Mousasi. "For me it’s a challenge and I think it will be good to attract more mainstream audience to MMA."

As of now, Mousasi is unsure who he will be fighting in the second round. When asked about the next stage of the tournament, he expressed no preference in regards to his opponent.

"I don’t know (my next opponent) yet," he began. "DREAM still has to decide. I don’t really care who will be next."

Mousasi first broke out as a major global superstar last year after defeating the likes of Denis Kang, Dong Sik Yoon, Melvin Manhoef, and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza en route to becoming the first-ever DREAM middleweight champion. So why abandon a weight class in which he was considered one of the best in the world at?

"I could not make the weight anymore," he responded. "I am a natural heavyweight, I always had to cut from 93 kilo’s to middleweight. It was just to hard for me to do."

While Mousasi awaits word on his next opponent in the "Super Hulk" tournament, he will remain active this summer as he prepares for his first-ever bout in the United States. When asked to address rumors that he will be fighting former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort for Affliction on Aug. 1, a candid Mousasi confirmed the rumors as being true.

"Yes, those (rumors) are true and I will be fighting Vitor Belfort," exclaimed an excited Mousasi.

There is no word yet on what weight the fight will be fought out but indications are that the two could meet at 205 pounds as opposed to middleweight.

TOON
26-05-2009, 20:50
HOPPA!!! en de volgende is dus Vitor! geweldig!!!

bommel
26-05-2009, 21:34
goed hoor die gegard wat een topvechter is het ook!

chief108
26-05-2009, 22:19
Mousasi is een Baas....

topperrrrrr :thup:

iconian
26-05-2009, 22:24
Belfort ontkend het, zegt dat hij nooit een gevecht boven MW zou doen

http://www.tatame.com/2009/05/26/Belfort-doesnt-confirm-fight-against-Mousasi

After Gegard Mousasi reveals that he would face Vitor Belfort at Affliction 3, we went after the Brazilian to know his expectations for the fight, which would happen on August 1st, but the it was new to Vitor. "I don’t know anything, they are saying that, but there’s nothing right yet. I’m waiting the confirmation to see who we will fight", said Belfort, who was surprised with Mousasi’s victory over Mark Hunt, at the Dream 9.

"I didn’t saw... How was it?", asked Belfort, who praised the quick victory by submission. "Good, huh? Showed that he’s tough on striking... Very good... Now I have to see if he’ll get down to middleweight", said the Brazilian, who doesn’t consider going up to face Mousasi, who decided to move up after knocking Ronaldo Souza out. "Who defines this isn’t him. I fight at 185lbs. If they want to do this fight at 185lbs, it’s done, otherwise I see no option to go up, even because he isn’t a challenge, a man with much name. To go up, I don’t see him as a challenge. I want to fight with him in the weight he was champion (at Dream), then I think its worth", decreed Vitor. Stay tuned in TATAME to know more about the Afliction 3.

kooivechter
26-05-2009, 22:34
Belfort ontkend het, zegt dat hij nooit een gevecht boven MW zou doen

http://www.tatame.com/2009/05/26/Belfort-doesnt-confirm-fight-against-Mousasi

After Gegard Mousasi reveals that he would face Vitor Belfort at Affliction 3, we went after the Brazilian to know his expectations for the fight, which would happen on August 1st, but the it was new to Vitor. "I don’t know anything, they are saying that, but there’s nothing right yet. I’m waiting the confirmation to see who we will fight", said Belfort, who was surprised with Mousasi’s victory over Mark Hunt, at the Dream 9.

"I didn’t saw... How was it?", asked Belfort, who praised the quick victory by submission. "Good, huh? Showed that he’s tough on striking... Very good... Now I have to see if he’ll get down to middleweight", said the Brazilian, who doesn’t consider going up to face Mousasi, who decided to move up after knocking Ronaldo Souza out. "Who defines this isn’t him. I fight at 185lbs. If they want to do this fight at 185lbs, it’s done, otherwise I see no option to go up, even because he isn’t a challenge, a man with much name. To go up, I don’t see him as a challenge. I want to fight with him in the weight he was champion (at Dream), then I think its worth", decreed Vitor. Stay tuned in TATAME to know more about the Afliction 3.

belfort weet ook wel dat hij niet meer naar middelweight gaat, jammer

cholitzu
26-05-2009, 23:19
"I didn’t saw... How was it?", asked Belfort, who praised the quick victory by submission. "Good, huh? Showed that he’s tough on striking... Very good... Now I have to see if he’ll get down to middleweight", said the Brazilian, who doesn’t consider going up to face Mousasi, who decided to move up after knocking Ronaldo Souza out. "Who defines this isn’t him. I fight at 185lbs. If they want to do this fight at 185lbs, it’s done, otherwise I see no option to go up, even because he isn’t a challenge, a man with much name. To go up, I don’t see him as a challenge. I want to fight with him in the weight he was champion (at Dream), then I think its worth", decreed Vitor.

Die heeft de laatste paar jaar echt onder een steen geslapen...

Als hij nou gewoon zegt dat hij alleen om de belt wilt vechtten.
Denk dat Gegard hem wel pakt.

26-05-2009, 23:26
belfort knijpt m! gegard is gewoon te allround voor belfort. beter op alle fronten.

cholitzu
26-05-2009, 23:40
Waarschijnlijk is er voorgesteld om tegen hem te vechtten als hij van hunt zou winnen, belfort dacht natuurlijk dat red hij niet....who was surprised with Mousasi’s victory over Mark Hunt

Nu krabbelt hij terug.

Zijn natuurlijk allemaal suggesties, ben eigenlijk wel benieuwd naar een reactie uit het kamp van Gegard.

jesselaar
27-05-2009, 02:48
en hij wou wel tegen fedor vechten ook op mw zeker
wat een grapjas zeg dan dat je niet wil

appelsap
27-05-2009, 05:18
Ik heb vorige week een rondje met Vitor gebokst en hij is weer behoorlijk groot..... Gewoon op light heavy wieght afspreken...
Aardige kerel trouwens Vitor.

dirk5
27-05-2009, 09:34
Mousasi is een echte topper, die in welke gewichtklasse hij ook gaat vechten een Fedoreske hegemonie neer gaat zetten.

chief108
27-05-2009, 09:37
Fedoreske hegemonie
geweldig....

reps

marcelt
27-05-2009, 09:41
Als hij nou gewoon zegt dat hij alleen om de belt wilt vechtten.
Denk dat Gegard hem wel pakt.

De belt is inmiddels vergeven in het gevecht Jacare vs Mayhem.

Ik vind het wel jammer. Gesteld dat Gegard Vitor zou verslaan staat het goed op zijn lijst.

Sendur
27-05-2009, 09:43
Zou wel mooie match worden, al zie ik Belfort toch liever tegen iemand anders omdat ik hem graag zie winnen haha.

Tony
27-05-2009, 10:31
Ik heb vorige week een rondje met Vitor gebokst en hij is weer behoorlijk groot..... Gewoon op light heavy wieght afspreken...
Aardige kerel trouwens Vitor.

tof, waar heb je lopen trainen dan? Trainingskamp in the US?

Fasada
27-05-2009, 11:30
YouTube - gegard mousasi highlight m-1 global (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44VJdhQKQUE)

Zoals hij hier ook in aangeeft, zijn doel is om ooit 3 titels te pakken.
- Middleweight (afgerond)
- Lightheavyweight
- Heavyweight

Gezien zijn leeftijd en bouw moet dit mogelijk zijn, de begeleiding die hij krijgt is perfect en weten hem goed maar ook verstandig op te bouwen...

cholitzu
27-05-2009, 11:31
De belt is inmiddels vergeven in het gevecht Jacare vs Mayhem.

Ik vind het wel jammer. Gesteld dat Gegard Vitor zou verslaan staat het goed op zijn lijst.

ervanuitgaande dat het gevecht plaats gaat vinden dan, want nu was het een nc, dus imo heeft gegard hem nog steeds. correct me if i am wrong

Ralph
27-05-2009, 11:34
Ik neem aan dat de titel vacant werd toen hij hem inleverde gisteren.

Ivo C.
27-05-2009, 12:16
Gerard is a great and humble fighter.

I really like his style of fighting. Is kind of relaxed and in control...
Nice!

marokkaan
27-05-2009, 12:41
gegard is in MMA wat gevorg petroshan in de k1 is.
jong, talentvol en beschikt over heel veel rust tijdens het gevecht.

cholitzu
27-05-2009, 13:14
Ik neem aan dat de titel vacant werd toen hij hem inleverde gisteren.

zit wat in ;)

iconian
27-05-2009, 21:01
Reactie mousasi op reactie belfort:
http://www.m-1global.com/en/news/detail/id/9394/mousasi-challenges-belfort-to-catchweight-bout

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort was quoted in an interview with the Brazilian MMA website Tatame.com earlier today as saying he would not fight former DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi at Affliction III on Aug. 1 unless the fight was contested at 185 pounds.
M-1Global.com was able to speak with Mousasi soon after his return to Holland following Tuesday's submission victory over Mark Hunt in the first round of DREAM's "Super Hulk Grand Prix." When asked whether he would return to 185, Mousasi was steadfast in his committment to continue fighting at light heavyweight and heavyweight.
"I cannot make the weight, otherwise I would have continued to fight at 185 and not given up my DREAM middleweight title," Mousasi responded. "I cannot make 185 anymore and that is final."
Belfort's refusal to fight Mousasi at any other weight besides 185 pounds has created some controversy considering his previous campaign to fight Fedor Emelianenko at heavyweight. Mousasi expressed some confusion regarding Belfort's recent change in philosophy.
"I am very surprised that Belfort was willing to challenge Fedor at heavyweight yet is unwilling to fight me at a catchweight," he said. Mousasi then went on to issue a compromise challenge.
"If (Belfort) does not want to fight at middleweight, why not fight me at a catchweight?"
Mousasi was also asked if he felt offended by Belfort's statement in which he is quoted as saying "I see no option to go up, even because he isn’t a challenge, a man with much name. To go up, I don’t see him as a challenge."
"To be honest, I don’t really care," answered Mousasi, before adding, "But for me, his comments are strange because his paycheck will be unchanged whether he fights a bigger name than me or not. It is also strange that he does not see me as a challenge when many rankings have me ranked higher than him at middleweight."

ARMENIA
27-05-2009, 21:07
gegard is in MMA wat gevorg petroshan in de k1 is.
jong, talentvol en beschikt over heel veel rust tijdens het gevecht.

Daar heb ik ook weleens overf na te zitten denken.. alleen ik volg het mma gebeuren niet zoveel als kickboxen. petrosyan domineert zijn hele gewichtklasse, van mousasi weet ik dat niet zo zeker, maar mischien heeft dat te maken omdat ik mma niet zo goed volg... domineert hij iedereen dan in z'n gewichtklasse?

iconian
27-05-2009, 21:13
Daar heb ik ook weleens overf na te zitten denken.. alleen ik volg het mma gebeuren niet zoveel als kickboxen. petrosyan domineert zijn hele gewichtklasse, van mousasi weet ik dat niet zo zeker, maar mischien heeft dat te maken omdat ik mma niet zo goed volg... domineert hij iedereen dan in z'n gewichtklasse?

lastig te zeggen omdat anders dan bij k1 er een grote amerikaanse org is waar veel MW en LHW zitten waar gegard nooit tegen zal vechten, ook heeft hij maar 1x op HW gevochten dus als dat zijn weightclass is domineert hij die zeker nog niet.