PDA

View Full Version : - Sokoudjou: "I should have stopped" !

loubamif
31-05-2009, 12:23
- While DREAM.9's most controversial ending may have been the no-contest decision issued in the night's main event, UFC and PRIDE veteran Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou's (6-4) actions certainly warranted some discussion.

Sokoudjou delivered several ground-and-pound blows to opponent Jan Nortje (2-6) well after the referee had attempted to halt the contest.

On Friday's edition of HDNet's "Inside MMA," Sokoudjou admitted his behavior was out of line.

"There is no bad blood," Sokoudjou said. "Actually, [Nortje] is a really cool guy. We met at the bus on the way to the hotel. We were always nice to each other.

"It's just one of those moments where – you know I lost two fights in a row, and I was in a state where I told myself, 'There's no way I can lose this fight.'"

Sokoudjou was in desperate need of a win after a recent 1-3 stretch left "The African Assassin" out of the UFC and rapidly falling down the ranks of the light-heavyweight division.

Sokoudjou admitted the emotion of earning his first win in three bouts caught up with him, but that he now realizes the error of his ways.

"I got [Nortje] on the ground, just like I thought I would do, and I was pounding and I didn't want to stop," Sokoudjou said. "But I should have stopped."

Many MMA observers had speculated that the extra-curricular attack was tied to racial tensions between the two African natives. Sokoudjou claimed there was no intended ill will.

"There's no bad blood. He's been nice. We've run into each other, and every time he's always been a gentlemen. I feel like a douchebag doing it. I'm really sorry for it."

Sokoudjou's win over Nortje earned him a spot in the semifinals of DREAM's open-weight "Super Hulk" tournament, along with Hong Man Choi, Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa and Gegard Mousasi.

- Blog de Sergei-Kharitonov - Blog de Sergei-Kharitonov - Page 191 - Skyrock.com (http://sergei-kharitonov.skyrock.com/191.html)

- Sokoudjou: "I should have stopped" | MMAjunkie.com
(http://mmajunkie.com/news/15042/sokoudjou-i-should-have-stopped.mma)

ZakKa!
31-05-2009, 12:29
Many MMA observers had speculated that the extra-curricular attack was tied to racial tensions between the two African natives.

Dat is wel erg grote BS.

redjuh
31-05-2009, 13:10
i say kuch roid kuch rage

Jeru
31-05-2009, 13:14
Zag het net inderdaad op Inside MMA. Toen was hij vrij rustig en respectvol, maar in de ring zag het er niet best uit ;)

redjuh
31-05-2009, 13:23
herinner mij nog goed Mike Bernardo vs Gary Goodridge... ging ie ff op hem staan na ze KO. was volgens mij de rematch. weet niet zeker

ZakKa!
31-05-2009, 13:47
herinner mij nog goed Mike Bernardo vs Gary Goodridge... ging ie
ff op hem staan na ze KO. was volgens mij de rematch. weet niet zeker

Dat was hier:

YouTube - Mike Bernardo v Gary Goodridge II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwmT22FF24&feature=related)

redjuh
31-05-2009, 13:49
idd hehehe

ZakKa!
31-05-2009, 16:32
Mensen doen gekke dingen als ze bruisen van de adrenaline :).

YoMarK
31-05-2009, 23:22
Die dingen gebeuren, en hij is mans genoeg om z'n fout toe te geven. Zand erover imho.