PDA

View Full Version : Cro Cop: Nothing has been signed and I’m prepared to talk with both UFC and DREAM

wrestler_nl
17-06-2009, 20:52
Cro Cop: Nothing has been signed and I’m prepared to talk with both UFC and DREAM (http://mmamania.com/2009/06/17/cro-cop-nothing-has-been-signed-and-im-prepared-to-talk-with-both-ufc-and-dream/)

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/cro-cop-4.jpg

I have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. This thing is very simple. I know the truth and Dana knows the truth –- I had a one fight deal with UFC and I fulfilled my contractual obligation. I said we’re gonna sit down and talk after UFC 99. The problem is I’m 35 and I’m finally healthy. UFC is offering me a fight six months from now. Even before UFC 99 I said that won’t work for me, but they said something like they’re gonna change it. I said even before that I wanna fight three more times this year, I don’t really care if it’s in the ring or Octagon. I still stand behind my words and I know the best fighters are in the UFC, but if they’re offering me the next fight in six months I don’t see how I could take it. I haven’t signed anything yet with any organization and as I said — I’m prepared to talk with both sides. I’ve never been in a sweeter yet more difficult position. DREAM offers me more fights, but at the other hand I’m aware of the quality that is in the UFC.
Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic responds to the uproar surrounding the fallout from UFC 99 after UFC President Dana White claimed the Croatian jumped ship for a lucrative deal with Japan’s DREAM promotion. White struck a one-fight deal with the Cro Cop — something that goes against corporate policy — for him to return against Mustafa Al Turk at UFC 99: “The Comeback” from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany. Both parties verbally agreed to extend the deal longer after the event; however, Cro Cop did not want to wait another six months to fight since he finally feels healthy and his biological clock is ticking. The former PRIDE star still sounds open to a UFC contract — if the fight frequency can be turned up — but the question now is would Dana even still want him?

sikkwitttet
18-06-2009, 01:21
stront trekt strontvliegen aan.dusss....
dit hoort nu eenmaal bij die crap cop

Ivo C.
18-06-2009, 08:01
Cheik Kongo also had a very high fighting frequency in the UFC...
Everything is possible...

Sendur
18-06-2009, 08:33
VOlgens mij is dit bericht al wat ouder, heb je datum want gister is naar buiten gekomen via dream dat hij getekend is.

NielsN
18-06-2009, 08:45
VOlgens mij is dit bericht al wat ouder, heb je datum want gister is naar buiten gekomen via dream dat hij getekend is.

Je kan er gewoon op klikken, hoor...

Sendur
18-06-2009, 08:48
Je kan er gewoon op klikken, hoor...

Oke hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor

Sendur
18-06-2009, 08:49
hmm bericht van gister, zucht wat een drama hoop niet dat dit net zo uitloopt als de discussies met Bas Boon!

NielsN
18-06-2009, 08:51
Oke hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor
;)

Pepe the Ice-Murderer
18-06-2009, 13:47
Erg jammer dat net Crocop weer in zulk dispuut moet terecht komen.

redjuh
18-06-2009, 14:06
dit stevent af op een 'who gives a crap' discussie