PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Spong v Nathan Corbett. Your tips

gospeljohn
21-06-2009, 02:53
Well, less than a week to go to possibly the most anticipated fight in Kickboxing / Muay Thai in a long time.

I am interested to hear your tips on who will win and why.

gospeljohn
21-06-2009, 02:56
Well, I did tip Nathan Corbett. Why, well, i am biased as an Aussie :). I do think he will win though. Extremely tough one to call though.
I am dissapointed that there are no elbows but at least the fight is happening and I am sure we are all happy about that.

K-1sunstarr
21-06-2009, 03:03
I think that Tyrone Spong win by KO.

gospeljohn
21-06-2009, 06:36
Either way, I hope its a great war. Been waiting for this for a long time. It deserves a great fight. But really, both fighters have a lot of KOs and that means anyone could win it that way in any round.

marcelt
21-06-2009, 07:32
Nobody knows ofcourse. But voted for Tyrone. But his last appaerance wasn't too strong really.

Gennep-Spitfire
21-06-2009, 07:58
But his last appaerance wasn't too strong really.
But it wasn't weak either,his oppenent was much better then everbody thought. It's not weird that Tyrone needs to get used at his new weight, he fought years and years at the same weight. In about a year when knows how to use his extra weight and turn it into power,he again is gonna be King of the Ring.:cool2:

m.g
21-06-2009, 15:07
If it is with elbows it will be Nathan if the elbows aren't allowed it will be Spong split decision.

micha
21-06-2009, 16:29
spong

iconian
21-06-2009, 16:41
I think nathan will lose because he is fighting:
under different rules,
at a higher weight,
vs tyrone spong, his nemesis
in a totally different setting, while tyrone spong fights everywhere around the world, and nathan mostly in australia.
isn't used to such high competition as tyrone

oliebol
21-06-2009, 21:16
I'll vote Tyrone, hope he will fight better then he did last time.

gospeljohn
22-06-2009, 02:01
I think nathan will lose because he is fighting:
under different rules,
at a higher weight,
vs tyrone spong, his nemesis
in a totally different setting, while tyrone spong fights everywhere around the world, and nathan mostly in australia.
isn't used to such high competition as tyrone

They are very good points. Not sure I would call him a nemesis yet though. Not having fought yet. But seeing them fight again in the future under FTR would be great.

I think its a hard one to tip and people will likely vote based upon where they are from and who they are have more of I think. I believe they only have 2 common opponents also, so both have great records, different opponents and generally, different fight styles.
Hard to call, but so much anticipation and excitement leading up to this fight. I cannot wait.

goro
22-06-2009, 10:33
I rather see him fighting Saki again.

stenjiman
23-06-2009, 08:36
Ik ga voor Spong.

EdwinC
23-06-2009, 12:28
Spongs last fight was very difficult for him, because his opponent changed a couple of times (Saki, Karaev, Atilla). So he couldn't prepare well for his fight.
Eventhoug I'm very curious if he can use his weight now as he should.
If he can he should be able to win the fight.

Soon we'll know.

onne1983
23-06-2009, 13:42
If it is with elbows it will be Nathan if the elbows aren't allowed it will be Spong split decision.

How can you predict a split decision?

gospeljohn
28-06-2009, 06:50
Don't read on if you don't want a spoiler.

Well, finally all the talk is over and they finally fought. I was worried for Carnage for the first few rounds. He didn't look his fluent self and when he was knocked down, he was very smart to use his full 8 count to clear any cob webs.
Unfortunate about the after the fight incident. It appears the referred didn't wave high like he normally should and Nathan thought it was still going.
None the less, I feel that Nathan should have been awarded the win. It did appear Tyrone was down for 10 and then was waved off, with the referee saying he cannot go on.
Any thoughts?

marcelt
28-06-2009, 08:46
Corbett should have the win.

gospeljohn
28-06-2009, 09:37
Just had a laugh at myself.
When I set up the poll, after I thought, why did I include 'draw' in the options. . . doh!!! No chance a draw.
But in the end, maybe everyone who polled was wrong (Technically speaking anyway). :D

Justinian
28-06-2009, 09:59
IMHO Nathan clearly won the fight, no doubt about it. Did the broken hand of Spong have anything to do with the fact he got ko'd? Perhaps, but that doesn't take anything away of a great performance by Nathan! I would like to see a rematch though and I wouldn't be surprised if Spong would win it. For the 'fans' who say Spong was never meant to be a heavyweight; I think you are jumping to conclusions to fast.

Jeru
28-06-2009, 10:48
Corbett won it. The ref already waved the match off after counting Spong out... so if Corbett didn't knocked him down the second time the match was already over by ref's stoppage. Spong got lucky with the no contest. But maybe they will change the outcome after protests.

gospeljohn
28-06-2009, 11:43
Corbett won it. The ref already waved the match off after counting Spong out... so if Corbett didn't knocked him down the second time the match was already over by ref's stoppage. Spong got lucky with the no contest. But maybe they will change the outcome after protests.

Can that be done? Is it common for that to happen?

Jeru
28-06-2009, 11:45
In Holland it's been known that a match will be reviewed if somebody files an official protest. So I guess it could happen here.

Vitor Belfort
28-06-2009, 12:20
Also happened in the Lebanner vs Bonjasky match didnt it?
Bonjasky won a decision that match, but that was overturned after protests

marcelt
28-06-2009, 13:30
But the rematch should be with elbows in my opinion.

gospeljohn
28-06-2009, 13:54
But the rematch should be with elbows in my opinion.

I agree.

By the way people, no need to keep voting for Nathan on the poll. :rolleyes: