View Full Version : Hardonk thwarts attempted LA robbery

dirk5
02-07-2009, 13:43
las dit net op sherdog, was mij niet bekend:

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 pm EDT

Hardonk thwarts attempted LA robbery
By Kevin Iole
Score one for the good guys, finally.

Antoni Hardonk, a heavyweight who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, had just finished a training session last month in Los Angeles near Los Angeles International Airport.

He was talking with his attorney, Nima Safapour, when three young men approached him. They asked if he had money so they could buy cigarettes.

"My feeling is I want to help someone if I can, so I pulled out my wallet," Hardonk said.

But he had no change or small bills, so he told the men, whom he estimated to be between 18 and 20 years old, that he couldn't help them.

That's when one of them pulled out a homemade knife, which he said had about a two-inch blade, and demanded his wallet. Hardonk, who is 6 feet 4 and around 250 pounds, was surprised.

But not only is a he professional figher, he was a security guard and a bouncer in Amsterdam, Netherlands. He didn't frighten or lose his composure.

"I said, 'What? Are you crazy? I'm not giving you my wallet,' " Hardonk said.

At that stage, one of the other men said, "He's serious. We'll hurt you if you don't."

Hardonk continued to remain calm and told the men if they wanted his wallet, they'd have to come and get it. The men had second thoughts and left. At that point, Safapour suggested it would be wise if he were to drive Hardonk home instead of allowing him to walk by himself.

Only a very short distance away, Safapour eyed the same three men surrounding a woman. Safapour decided to call the police, because he knew the men were up to no good and the likelihood of something bad happening was increasing. The woman was saved when the men turned their attention on a man who was walking by himself. They went to him and more aggressively demanded his wallet, eventually wrestling with him and taking it.

Hardonk was watching from the car, about 80 to 100 feet away, when he saw them harassing the man. He jumped out of the car and began to run over to try to help the man, whom he did not know.

He wanted to make sure, though, that the man was being robbed and was shouting, "Is that your wallet?" as he was running toward the incident in progress.

Hardonk knocked over two of the men, but the third, who had the victim's wallet, took off running. Hardonk followed. The man who had the wallet dropped it and the trio managed to jump over a fence and into a thicket of trees and get away.

As Hardonk thought about the incident later, he realized it might have been best just to cooperate.

"In a similar situation in the future, it would probably be better just to give them the money and be done with that," he said. "Obviously, I had much better (fighting) skills, but is it worth the risk? They could have had a gun, other knives, who knows?

"But I'm stubborn. And I fight to earn my money and that's a hard way to make a living. And I'm not just going to give it away to guys like that."

Though he knew he took a large risk by chasing the suspects down after they had taken the other man's wallet, he said he has no regrets about that.

Too many people would do nothing for fear of not wanting to be involved. Hardonk's attitude is dramatically different.

"I believe if you can do something to help someone else, you should," Hardonk said. "We're all here and we should all try to help each other if we can. It's the right thing to do. I just did what I thought was right."

Los Angeles police told Hardonk and Safapour that there were three similar incidents on the same block in the same week. No arrests have been made.

"Really young guys, and I think they were probably on drugs or something," Hardonk said. "It's too bad. But I didn't think it was right just to stand by and do nothing."

Hardonk thwarts attempted LA robbery - Cagewriter - Mixed Martial Arts - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Hardonk-thwarts-attempted-LA-robbery;_ylt=AnQyaWCGZa3Eo_uLRLAx10I9Eo14?urn=mma, 174225)

goed bezig Antoni!!!

Mike
02-07-2009, 13:47
mooi verhaal

Gennep-Spitfire
02-07-2009, 13:51
Hulde voor Antoni!!

Leventdepevent
02-07-2009, 14:38
pracht verhaal zeg....zouden die gasten weten wie ze hebben willen beroven.

chief108
02-07-2009, 14:43
hahaha...

mooi gedaan Antoni

sikkwitttet
02-07-2009, 14:44
nee, zelfs uitsmijters weten het vaak niet.
maar laatst dan die belg die 5 van die marokanen in elkaar kickte die hem bedreigde. en de overeem broertjes die zoveel gasten neer bangde.die 72 jarige opa die dief met mes kapot mepte.
hardonck maar drie, wel met mes.

maar toch, vette shit van hem

Wiseguy
02-07-2009, 14:50
Ze hadden geluk dat het Hardonk was ipv Lee Murray :D

Christophe
02-07-2009, 16:08
Ze hadden geluk dat het Hardonk was ipv Lee Murray :D

Hahahhaha, good one!

Hardonk is top, en dit is een erg goede actie van hem. Komt hem als mens maar ook als prof vechter alleen maar ten goede! :thup:

dirk5
02-07-2009, 17:24
hier kun je enkele sherdog reply's lezen:

Antoni Hardonk Thwarts Attempted LA Robbery - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/antoni-hardonk-thwarts-attempted-la-robbery-1005618/)

zoals altijd zijn ze daar altijd zo veranderlijk als het weer (na partij tegen Kongo was het een can, nu is het een held), maar staan wel wat grappige opmerkingen tussen

bigboz
02-07-2009, 20:37
War Antoni !:p

marcelt
02-07-2009, 22:03
Super antoni !

Wiseguy
02-07-2009, 22:03
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hardonk-mcgruff.jpg

LOL

Fyodor
03-07-2009, 00:21
Way to go Antoni! :thup:

En WTF waren die lui denkende.... een gast zo groot als Hardonk beroven?! :fp:

Lee Hottie # 1 fan
03-07-2009, 00:50
gemiddelde reactie sherdog bezoeker!!

Who the fuck takes on a guy that size..............They must of been on the crack pipe before they went out. War Antoni "hero" Hardonk

bigboz
03-07-2009, 12:54
gemiddelde reactie sherdog bezoeker!!

Who the fuck takes on a guy that size..............They must of been on the crack pipe before they went out. War Antoni "hero" Hardonk

je vergeet:

wish he had gave them a low-kick xD

Karel
03-07-2009, 16:15
He wanted to make sure, though, that the man was being robbed and was shouting, "Is that your wallet?" as he was running toward the incident in progress.

ha je ziet het ook al zo voor je, hij weet in ieder geval wel hoe ie een rechtzaak moet voorkomen

je zou er ook zo een film van kunnen maken

RayOmac
03-07-2009, 16:25
Hardonk FTW!!!

sikkwitttet
03-07-2009, 19:50
ha je ziet het ook al zo voor je, hij weet in ieder geval wel hoe ie een rechtzaak moet voorkomen

je zou er ook zo een film van kunnen maken
daar zie je die nl roots.hier mag je nooit iemand beetje pijn geven ook al wil ie je gezin verkrachten.dus eerst alles helemaal safe spelen.en dan in gaan voor de kill.
zoals bas rutten altijd zei.here is my knife.so i now can take my gun.and shoot him.tell the police he was going to stab me.eheheheh

Sendur
03-07-2009, 20:49
Hardonk is echt een baasje! top gozert

Karel
03-07-2009, 22:11
daar zie je die nl roots.hier mag je nooit iemand beetje pijn geven ook al wil ie je gezin verkrachten.dus eerst alles helemaal safe spelen.en dan in gaan voor de kill.

leve NL, maar het kan in de VS ook raar lopen, paar goede advocaten en je hebt zo onschuldige voorbijgangers aangevallen, met geweld moet je daar ook oppassen..

misschien moet ie toch even met Rutten praten

sikkwitttet
04-07-2009, 00:28
true true true.maar als dit latino of black thugh guys waren.dan waren ze toch altijd in amerika schuldig.maar je hebt gelijk.vs kan ook vreemd lopen in court.zeker als er een hetze op gang gebracht word tegen de gevaarlijke en aggressieve freefighters.en die battle winnen openbaar op tv en in publieke shit.dan kun je zo maar probleem in court hebben

Karel
04-07-2009, 11:44
ja weet ook niet of het black guys waren, dan is het daar duidelijk idd :lol:

Mickey
04-07-2009, 11:51
Klasse Anthony!

PD_EC
04-07-2009, 19:49
goeie actie Hardonk

Christophe
07-07-2009, 01:41
Ik zou graag Antoni's reactie zien, ik weet dat hij hier regelmatig meeleest! ;)