PDA

View Full Version : Bisping Post Fight...**spoiler**

MMA Fan
13-07-2009, 23:14
UK middleweight star, Michael “The Count” Bisping has vowed to bounce back following his knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 on Saturday night, saying plenty of people have suffered the same fate and captured a world title.

Speaking to the DailyStar.co.uk, Bisping said:

“I honestly don’t know what happened to me out there. I will just have to accept what the organisers say in their rules about when I fight next and take it on the chin. But I do know that I have the ability to bounce right back and succeed in my aim of lifting the world title.”

“I have seen people like my training partner ‘Rampage’ Jackson lose fights in one or two rounds and still go on to become one of the best light-heavyweight fighters of them all, so I am not disheartened in any way.”

Bisping also received backing from UK UFC President, Marshall Zelaznik who said:

“Henderson won it fair and square and I have nothing but praise for him. You have nothing to worry about when it comes to debating if Michael comes back and wins a world title or not.”

“He will certainly do that. Of that I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever. The thing about UFC, unlike boxing, is that losing a fight doesn’t mean that you are finished. You can lose fights in our organisation and still go on for world titles.”

It is unclear as to when Bisping will return to action after suffering a severe concussion at the hands of Henderson. It was expected that he would feature on the next UK card, set for November but this has thrown those plans into doubt.

By Michael Pepper