PDA

View Full Version : Fedor toch niet tegen Rodriguez (gelukkig)

Tony
17-08-2009, 11:16
De geruchtenmachine draaide al op volle toeren. Fedor zou zijn eerste partij bij strikeforce gaan draaien tegen de veteraan (en ex- celebrity rehab) Ricco Rodriguez.

Ik lees echter zojuist (gelukkig) dat Scott Coker gezegd heeft dat dit niet waar is en dat hij hoe dan ook gebruik zal maken van zijn vaste vertrouwde knechten (Rogers, Werdum en Overeem)

Ben ik ff blij :)

bron (http://mmamania.com/2009/08/16/fedor-emelianenko-shooting-for-november-strikeforce-debut/)

NielsN
17-08-2009, 11:24
Pfew...

Sendur
17-08-2009, 12:44
gelukkig, maar dan nog steeds geen tegenstanders op kaliber.

stiffler
17-08-2009, 12:47
gelukkig, maar dan nog steeds geen tegenstanders op kaliber.

Ben in ieder geval blij dat het 1 van deze 3 heren wordt.
Zie we hem misschien iets langer in actie.... :pimp:

superfreak
17-08-2009, 12:55
Laat 'm dan maar tegen Rogers dan weet Rogers ook gelijk wat verliezen is. Overeem en Werdum kunnen dan tegen elkaar en Fedor komt dan voor de belt.

Vitor Belfort
17-08-2009, 13:13
Interview met Ricco over zijn shot @ Fedor!:p

“I’m serious about being a factor in this division. First and foremost I want my belt back. I know Lesnar is a huge guy but I’ve noticed several holes in his top game during his last fight that I could capitalize on. Yeah he beat Mir, but Frank Mir doesn’t possess the level of jiu-jitsu I have, which is really needed to neutralize the size advantage of Brock. Personally I don’t get the hype, I think I was more impressive against Randy than Lesnar was, it looked like Randy was breaking him mentally until he landed the last shot… Yeah I’ve been approached about [fighting Fedor Emelianenko], nothing’s final yet but that’s a fight I would definitely want. I know people will say I don’t have a chance, but I destroyed the guy who handed Fedor his only loss. Fedor is a great fighter but, the training I’ve done at Wolfslair has improved my game tremendously so I think I’ve got a great shot at beating him.”

Ricco Rodriguez: MMAmania.com (http://mmamania.com/2009/08/15/ricco-rodriguez-ive-got-a-great-shot-at-beating-fedor-emelianenko/)

MilfhunterMMA
17-08-2009, 15:01
ik vind rogers de meest gevaarlijke tegenstander voor fedor.

bigboz
17-08-2009, 18:23
but I destroyed the guy who handed Fedor his only loss

dat hij dit aangeeft moet toch zeggen hoe zwak hij is, iedereen weet dat het een illigale elleboogstoot was waardoor Fedor ging bloeden. En in de Rematch pakte hij hem asnog ! Slecht argument van deze meneer het is ook alweer paar jaar geleden die loss.

ICON
17-08-2009, 18:29
wat weegt ie op t moment?

Strange Cutbean
17-08-2009, 19:34
Misschien is het een idee om Fedor op een avond tegen meerdere tegenstanders te zetten?;-)

NielsN
17-08-2009, 19:38
Misschien is het een idee om Fedor op een avond tegen meerdere tegenstanders te zetten?;-)

Dan zijn ze helemaal snel op!

Mr 1 Leg
17-08-2009, 19:42
Dan zijn ze helemaal snel op!dat denk ik ook.hahaha lol je bent een kanjer NielsN.:thup:

T15Boxing
17-08-2009, 19:44
Hij wordt er niet jonger op dus laat hem zo snel mogelijk los gaan.

kooivechter
17-08-2009, 19:48
Hij wordt er niet jonger op dus laat hem zo snel mogelijk los gaan.

x2 dat vind ik ook. straks is hij 35 voordat hij een goede tegenstander krijgt, en dan zegt iedereen dat hij te oud is. Gelijk fedor tegen overeem geen gezeur.

marcelt
17-08-2009, 20:19
Eerst Rogers, dan Overeem en dan Werdum.

FOCUS
17-08-2009, 20:25
maar voorlopig zit dr nog geen partij aan te komen:mad::rolleyes:

Might Is Right
17-08-2009, 20:34
Het interessantste is en blijft voor mij om hem de UFC en hun marketing machine tot moes te zien slaan. Zo staat dat kutvolk terug met beide voeten aan de grond.

The Bulldog
17-08-2009, 20:42
degene die strikeforce hebben gezien, hebben kunnen zien dat werdum....geen partij zal zijn voor overeem.... ben ik erg zeker van.....

The Bulldog
17-08-2009, 20:43
dus hoop persoonlijk

overeem-werdum
fedor -rogers

fedor - overeem....

chief108
17-08-2009, 20:46
:stupid:

zien we hem iig weer 6 minuten aan het werk...

raveboy
17-08-2009, 20:48
Ze hebben het nu weer over November, hier een samenvatting van de post fight press conference.

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Fabricio Werdum and Brett Rogers have emerged as the frontrunners to face Fedor Emelianenko at a Strikeforce event sometime in November.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said both fighters were under consideration to meet the world’s No. 1 heavyweight, during the post-fight press conference for the promotion’s “Carano vs. Cyborg” event, which drew 13,524 spectators and an estimated gate of $750,000.

The bout, which would mark the first of three fights the Russian has signed on for and his debut foray into a cage, still awaits a date and venue, said Coker. However, Coker did say the event would not be held in the promotion’s homebase of San Jose.

Coker had previously announced that Emelianenko would not challenge champion Alistair Overeem for the promotion’s title out of the gate. Coker also dispelled a report that suggested former UFC heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez might be in line for the slot as well.

Rogers was in attendance Saturday, while Werdum quickly neutralized striker Mike Kyle on the ground to nab a swift first-round submission in their featured bout.

“Fabricio looked great tonight,” said Coker. “On any given day, he could do his thing.”

Werdum, who was once in line for a UFC title shot, survived any early punch from Kyle, before opting for a takedown.

“When a heavyweight hits it’s a pretty good hit,” said Werdum, who wore Kyle’s handiwork in the form of a cut under his right eye, but seemed unharmed otherwise.

Werdum seemed amicable to either a bout with Emelianenko or a championship go against Overeem.

“Of course I want to fight Fedor because everybody knows Fedor is the best, but if I need to go for the title, then I’ll go for the title,” said Werdum.

The men delivered decisive performances from top to bottom, but the woman of the hour was Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, who dismantled the sport’s most popular female fighter in one round to win Strikeforce’s first women’s lightweight title at 145 pounds.

Utilizing a strategy that kept her in the pocket and in constant forward motion, Santos said she’d also prepared to attack Carano with kneebars and heel hooks –- like the one she chased after in the opening minute –- should she be taken down.

“I knew anything could have happened,” said Coker of the main event. “I think if Gina could have gotten past the first two rounds maybe, then I think the tide would have changed. Gina hit her with some good jabs and had some escapes. I was surprised Gina was trying to grapple with her a little bit.”

Gilbert Melendez, who blasted past Mitsuhiro Ishida in an interim title bout earlier that night, applauded the womens’ efforts.

“I think we got a whole lot of people that have never seen MMA in their lives, tune in just to watch the two ladies and I think we got great exposure because of that,” said Melendez. “Cyborg’s bad, man. She’s bad.”

Carano did not attend the conference, though Coker said she did not require medical attention following the bout.

On tap for Santos next could be a bout with Marloes Coenen, who Coker introduced to the press as a likely challenger. A veteran of the women’s movement overseas, the well-rounded Coenen won Japan’s Remix tournament in 2000 and has been a regular component of that scene ever since.

Santos was also asked to give her thoughts on Erin Toughill, who Coker had also acknowledged as a potential opponent for Saturday’s winner. Santos seemed less concerned with whom she was going to meet next and more with how she would handle them.

“I’m going to be the same in every fight. I go for the knockout in every fight,” said Santos through her translator. “It doesn’t matter who the opponent is. I will fight the same way.”

Santos also didn’t seem eager to inherit at least a portion of the fame that has followed Carano around in the last year.

“She can keep the face of MMA, because I have this title here,” said Santos.

Also on the women’s horizon, Coker said Showtime has agreed to broadcast 135- and 145-pound eight-fighter tournaments as early as November. The winner of the 145-pound tournament -- which the promotion aims to hold over two nights like in Japan -- will face Santos or any subsequent champion for the title, said Coker.

Coker was undecided if Carano would join the tournament or remain as a featured fighter outside of it.

“She would have to want to be in the tournament as well,” said Coker.

In the evening’s third championship bout, Gegard Mousasi made it look easy, though the former Dream middleweight champion said he had weight issues and the added pressure of making a strong showing in his U.S. debut against Renato "Babalu" Sobral.

“Two weeks ago, I have to fight (for Affliction),” said Mousasi. “I was waiting (at) 210 pounds, and somehow I lost a lot of weight. I (made) 205, but it was weird for me.”

Though Strikeforce’s new light heavyweight champion planned to stand with Sobral, he said he knew he’d fair well against the Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt if he were able to capture top position.

“This is not jiu-jitsu. This is MMA,” said Mousasi.

Mousasi, 24, returns to Dream for the semifinals of its “Super Hulk” tournament on Oct. 6 in Japan.

In other notes:

• Nick Diaz appears back on track to square off against Jay Hieron for the newly formed welterweight title. Last week, Diaz did not take a pre-fight drug test to ensure his re-licensure in the state before his scheduled bout with Hieron, forcing the promotion to scramble for last-minute opponent Jesse Taylor.

“We had a conversation with Cesar Gracie about the Nick Diaz situation, so I feel very comfortable that Nick will be back shortly,” said Coker. “Jay Hieron came here to fight Nick Diaz, so we’ll put that fight together.”

• Strikeforce plans to hold two events in October –- one will be a Challenger Series installment.

• With an alliance in place with Dream, Strikeforce could hold an event in Japan before the end of the year, said Coker.

• Coker said the promotion will up its ante to 18-20 events in 2010. At least 16 of those events will be held on Showtime, said Coker, fueling rumors that an option to broadcast events on CBS could be activated by the end of the year.

“In the next couple of weeks, (CBS and Strikeforce) will be having that conversation,” said Coker.

raveboy
17-08-2009, 21:47
Wel het hele stukje lezen he ;)

Ik ben nog niet zo in to the Strikeforce, maar hoe ik het las zijn dat weer losse shows, en in November de show met Fedor.
Of ze bedoelen Fedor in 1 van die shows?
Wat zijn die Challenger series eigenlijk?