PDA

View Full Version : Demian Maia will train (not complain) following his KO loss to Nate Marquardt

Tony
02-09-2009, 17:05
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/demian-maia-talks.jpg
Props: Sherdog.com (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/5-questions-for-demian-maia-19419)
Quoteworthy:

I knew the first loss would come one day because I intend to fight for many years. As a matter of fact, though, it happened in a pretty unexpected manner because I was a little bit casual in the stand-up fight. I repeated two kicks. He got my timing down, and, the third time, he came with a straight punch and knocked me down. At the beginning of the fight, everyone is really strong, and I think the referee was right to stop the fight. I stood up well. I had no damage, and that’s most important … But a punch to the chin, like the one I took at the beginning of the fight, is probably the only defeat you cannot make comments about. I cannot complain about anything. Now, I just have to stand up, train hard and be ready for the next challenge.
Former undefeated submission deity Demian (10-1) gathers himself after a first round knockout loss to middleweight contender Nate Marquardt at UFC 102 on August 29 in Portland. The Brazilian was headed for a possible title shot opposite Anderson Silva until a "Great" knockout punch floored him — and any immediate title opportunities. Fortunately Maia isn’t making any excuses and will use the loss as motivation to come back better than ever.

Tony
02-09-2009, 17:05
goeie nuchtere reactie.. kan dat wel waarderen.... niet klagen.. slikken en weer doorgaan..

Sendur
02-09-2009, 17:08
Jep, blijft gewoon een top vechter.

ZakKa!
02-09-2009, 17:15
Goed idd, geen excuuskes verzinnen. Kan niet wachten om hem weer in de ring te zien.

Ronald
02-09-2009, 17:26
Mooie reactie. Daar kan ie tenminste zelf ook wat mee. Hopenlijk krijgen we er de volgende keer een veel betere Maia voor terug.

Cave
02-09-2009, 17:39
In het interview zegt Maia ook dat hij waarschijnlijk niet meer mee zal doen op het ADCC-toernooi omdat hij nu verloren heeft en zich wil concentreren op de UFC. De laffe twat! Heb ik net een reis naar Barca geboekt om hem een bezig te zien, gaat 'ie een beetje zich zelf terug trekken.

GVD!

Wiseguy
02-09-2009, 18:03
Vechter naar mijn hart.

Mike
02-09-2009, 18:04
top instelling

maia fan erbij!

ZakKa!
02-09-2009, 18:16
Goed idd, geen excuusjes verzinnen. Kan niet wachten om hem weer in de octagon te zien.

EDIT: Oeps, ik dacht dat ik mijn bericht aan het editen was...

DannyvK
02-09-2009, 18:25
Mooie reactie.. als je die wedstrijd op Youtube wilt kijken zie je alleen maar minderjarige jochies die aandacht willen.. Iemand toevallig wél ergens een filmpje gevonden? :)