PDA

View Full Version : Romulo Barral competing in ADCC +99 kg Categorie

FightingDutchman
24-09-2009, 17:20
Weer even het laatste nieuws met betrekking tot de deelnemers van de ADCC. Romulo Barral zal meedoen aan de klasse +99 kg

Het toernooi kan trouwens onlin live gevolgd worden voor 25 $ via de website van Graciemag is een pay per view te verkrijgen.

Under 88kg world champion called up for over 99kg category

Medium heavyweight Jiu-Jitsu world champion and absolute runner-up Romulo Barral just broke the news to GRACIEMAG.com that he has been called up to compete in the over 99kg division ADCC 2009, just before catching a flight from Los Angeles to Barcelona, where the tournament takes place this coming weekend. “I got word at 3 this morning and I’m stoked,” the black belt said on his way out the door.

Although this will be Barral’s second time in the championship, this time will be a whole different animal, as there will be a slight weight discrepancy between he and his opponents “In 2007 I competed at under 88kg, which I usually compete at. This time I was invited to dispute the over 99kg one. Since I always compete in the absolute anyways, I don’t see a problem in them being bigger than me. Let’s get it on,” said the excited Brazilian, who went on to explain that the last-minute call-up shouldn’t hinder his performance.

“I received the news at the last minute, but I’m always training. I always train without the gi, do good physical conditioning, so I think I’ll be well prepared. I haven’t trained specifically for the rules, but I’m sure I’ll have a good championship,” he added.

Stay tuned to GRACIEMAG.com and the GRACIEMAG.com ADCC 2009 Blog for further breaking news on the upcoming “World Cup” of submission wrestling.

FightingDutchman
24-09-2009, 17:22
De time-table voor het toernooi ziet er als volgt uit;

The organizers of the ADCC, to take place this coming Saturday and Sunday in Barcelona, have defined the official timetable. The athletes will take to the competition areas starting from 11am local time. Unlike what normally takes place in Jiu-Jitsu competitions, the order will be from heaviest to lightest, or in other words, starting from over 99kg and ending with under 66kg.

The disputes stop after two rounds, when the participants in the round of eight for each weight group are known.

Next, still on Saturday, the women start off already in the quarterfinals.
After that there will be four special matches, with Spanish athletes.
At the end of the program for Saturday the semifinalists for each male weight group will be defined, with the first day ending with the supermatch between Robert Drysdale and Ronaldo Jacare.
The ADCC re-starts Sunday at midday, with the male and female semifinals. Next will come the third-place matches for each weight group, followed by the finals.

Considered the most prestigious of categories, the men’s absolute will be the last division to be disputed, closing the ADCC 2009 Sunday afternoon in Barcelona.

The GRACIEMAG.com team is already on its way to the beautiful Spanish city and will bring you all the goings-on at the Badalona Municipal Sports Pavillion.

Don’t miss out on anything by keeping up with GRACIEMAG.com’s Special ADCC 2009 Blog (http://graciemagbarcelona2009.wordpress.com/).

FightingDutchman
24-09-2009, 17:29
ALs je 25 $ te duur vind om het toernooi te volgen kun je ook nog altijd gewoon de blog op de site van Graciemag volgen ;)

Voor alle echte Nederlanders is dat :thup:

Groundwork
24-09-2009, 17:35
Ben benieuwd na de resultate xD