PDA

View Full Version : Sakai Jocky Gym overleden in Japan na bokspartij over 10 ronden

payap
14-10-2009, 22:37
Op K-1fans.com lees ik net het trieste nieuws dat de vechter Sakai Jocky Gym is overleden in Japan na een bokspartij over 10 ronden.

http://membres.lycos.fr/jockygym/hpbimg/SAKAI.jpg
SAKAI Jocky gym
55kg
North Est Thailand Champion

Bron: K-1FANS :: View topic - sakai jocky gym death after fight in japan (http://www.k-1fans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48248)

Paganstars
14-10-2009, 22:54
RIP... Maar damn 10 ronden??!! meer info chris??

STERKE JERKE
14-10-2009, 23:43
R.I.P.!

K-1sunstarr
14-10-2009, 23:53
Dit is een tragisch nieuws, veel strekte aan de nabestanden.
Wederom door "boksen" en misschien te lang klappen (10 rondes ) op de hersens!
RIP

PigDog
14-10-2009, 23:53
Fuck......

R.I.P

kentaro
15-10-2009, 00:55
rip...

T15Boxing
15-10-2009, 00:58
Nog een jonge warrior weg. RIP.

Tony
15-10-2009, 08:23
weer een vieze domper op deze donderdagochtend... Ken deze vechter niet... maar het moge duidelijk zijn dat hij nog veel te jong was.

Leventdepevent
15-10-2009, 08:25
RIP

Mule-Kick
15-10-2009, 08:38
Ken hem niet moet ik toegeven maar RIP

onne1983
15-10-2009, 10:07
19jaar pas. Dat is wel heeel veel te jong om te sterven!

ChimiChero
15-10-2009, 10:25
R.I.P

sikkwitttet
15-10-2009, 12:36
rip dude.

kooivechten, veel minder gevaarlijk. dus politiek, laat datook ff gauw toe

payap
16-10-2009, 14:03
Bron: Sakai JockeyGym RIP : My Muay Thai (http://www.mymuaythai.com/archives/sakai-jockeygym-rip/)

http://nopadon.smugmug.com/photos/680021167_amn3d-O-1.jpg

I saw the new this morning that rising star Sakai Jockeygym died last night due to injuries sustained in the ring. You can read the whole story here. Sakai was in Japan fighting Kazuyoshi Niki.

According to the article, Sakai was knocked down in the firsts and later in the 10th round when the ref stopped the fight. Sakai later collapsed in his dressing room and was unconscious for nearly 3 hours at which point he was declared dead from a blood clot in the brain.

http://www.mymuaythai.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/sakai-jockeygym-joichiro-tatsuyoshi-2009-3-8-5-50.jpg

You forget that this shit can happen. I don’t know if it’s’ naïveté or we’re just desensitized to the amount of damage our hero’s take. I watch Bovy and Anuwat fight and it makes me cringe.

You might remember I posted a clip of Orono a week or so ago. One of our community members, who spent a decent amount of time training with Orono, said that he’s not doing well at all. That Orono has sustained lasting damage and struggles to hold down a job.

I’ve spent time with champion NakMuays after the glory years have past and it isn’t as glorious as you think.

Anyway, this wasn’t the point of this post. My condolences go out to Sakai’s family and may he find happiness in his next life.

sikkwitttet
16-10-2009, 14:09
You forget that this shit can happen. I don’t know if it’s’ naïveté or we’re just desensitized to the amount of damage our hero’s take. I watch Bovy and Anuwat fight and it makes me cringe.

You might remember I posted a clip of Orono a week or so ago. One of our community members, who spent a decent amount of time training with Orono, said that he’s not doing well at all. That Orono has sustained lasting damage and struggles to hold down a job.

I’ve spent time with champion NakMuays after the glory years have past and it isn’t as glorious as you think.

harde shit man. ben zo blij met mma, duurt minder ronden. en als je goed geraakt word is ook vaak meteen over. en dan niet nog eens 3 keer 8tellen en door gaan.dan loop je toch meer schade op.

payap
16-10-2009, 14:12
Bangkok post:

Boxer Sakai dies after fight in Japan
Family do not have money to get body back
Published: 14/10/2009 at 12:00 AM
Newspaper section: Sports

Thai boxer Sakai Jockeygym lost a fight and then his life on Monday night.

This March 8 file photo shows Sakai Jockeygym during his fight against Japan’s Joichiro Tatsuyoshi at Ratchadamnoen stadium. Sakai won with a TKO in round seven. FILE PHOTO
Sakai, whose real name was Somboon Wiangchai, was stopped by Japan's Kazuyoshi Niki in the 10th and final round of a 120-pound bout in Fukuoka.

Udon Thani-born Sakai (11-6, 5 KOs), who was knocked down in the first round by a thunderous right, fought aggressively throughout the match.

He was knocked down again in the 10th round prompting the referee to stop the contest.

The 20-year-old Thai collapsed in the dressing room and was sent to a hospital, his handlers said.

Sakai was unconscious for three hours before the doctors declared him dead due to a blood clot in his brain.

Sakai's promoter Sommart Hongsakul dismissed reports that his boxer had not been well prepared for the fight.

"He received a thorough medical check-up before flying to Japan and the doctor said he was in good shape," Sommart said.

"The tragedy occurred because he was hit hard by Niki who was so powerful."

Nikhom Rattanawich, secretary-general of the Professional Boxing Association of Thailand, said that Sakai's handlers had not informed the association about the fight so his family might not get any financial help from them.

Sakai shot to fame in March when he knocked out former WBC champion Joichiro Tatsuyoshi in the seventh round at Ratchadamnoen stadium.

But in his next bout he was stopped by compatriot Kaona Chuwattana in the fourth round in May.

In Udon Thani, his mother Pui said she felt she was going to die when she learned that her son had passed away at around 8pm on Monday.

"I was shocked," she said. "I am proud of him."

Pui said she wanted Sakai's body to be cremated in his hometown rather than in Japan.

She urged his handlers to help send his body home as the family is so poor that they do not have enough money to go to Bangkok to collect his body to take back home.

"I am very sad," said Sakai's father Kling.

Sakai's Muay Thai mentor Virat Siri-on said he was a good boy and showed respect to everybody.

"I did not think that he would pass away so soon," Virat said. "I am very sad that he died because of boxing."

Effective
16-10-2009, 14:17
Rip..

PD_EC
17-10-2009, 09:01
RIP

micha
17-10-2009, 09:09
rip

BiCkOnE
17-10-2009, 10:15
... R.I.P.....