PDA

View Full Version : Souwer proclaims to be best in the world! 的値l be Masato's final opponent!"

marcelt
15-10-2009, 21:09
The MAX World Final is making waves world-wide, and it is finally close at hand. Is it Souwer or Buakaw that becomes champion at the "FieLDS K-1 WORLD MAX 2009 World Championship Tournament -FINAL-" (October 26th, Yokohama Arena)? Or, a new comer in Petrosyan or Japan's new hope, Yuya Yamamoto? We interviewed Souwer, the man that has a very high chance of becoming Masato's final opponent.
It's too early to have a generational change.

―― You must have had so much pressure in the match against Artur Kyshenko at the FINAL 8, because it was said to be virtually the championship bout.
Souwer Yes, I was nervous and tensed before the match, partly because I lost in the past. I announced that this would be my revenge, but I was actually thinking that I'd have to pay him back in the tournament.
―― You were defeated by Kyshenko in the last year's world tournament.
Souwer People would think that I am a liar if I didn't win the rematch after the announcement I made. I had to carry out my word. About the match... it was true that Kyshenko was not easy for me to fight. He is tall, and probably weighs around 80kg after replenishing himself after cutting weight. I felt his strength, and really felt I have to win. If I hadn't of won this match I'd have no future. And, didn't want to be called a big mouth. So I was relieved that I won, this is my true feeling.
―― What was the particular point that helped you win?
Souwer That was in the last half at the final round. I was thinking that I earned more points because my attacks got him in the first half. But I wasn't sure if I was really leading the match. So I did everything I could in the last one and a half minutes. I think I was able to appeal to the judges and fans that I was delivering damaging attacks.
―― You felt irritated to hear that Kyshenko was one of the favorites?
Souwer I knew that Kyshenko was said to be one of the favorites, and I didn't feel good about it. But I have a past record of becoming the champion, and I'm young; so is Buakaw. It's too early to have a generational change in the MAX. Kyshenko is still young and doesn't have much experience. That's how I got motivated.

The weakness Masato has that I know of is…

―― What did you think of Masato and Kawajiri drawing people's attention?
Souwer I knew that Masato's match had more attention than the tournament. That's okay. I don't mind. Because MAX needs him, and Masato needs MAX. It's true that he is special. When we came to Japan, we knew what kind of fighter he is. It was no surprise that he was getting all the attention. I was thinking that he could play a supporting part and liven up the event. (smiles)
―― What did you think of Kawajiri's match?
Souwer I watched his match, and it was enjoyable. Masato tried his best to represent what MAX fighters can do. All the audience was rooting for both of them and the fans were creating an increadible atmosphere, so I think it was a great match.
―― What do you think of Masato's strengths and weakness?
Souwer I don't want to tell you about his weakness because I want to fight against him for his final match. I won't tell you until then. But looking at him in the tournaments, I think he suffers from injuries because of his aggressiveness. As for his strength, he has the ability to concentrate more than any fighter. His concentration in a match is just brilliant.
I'd become a real champion if I beat Masato!

―― Almost all the fighters say that, don't they?
Souwer He seems that he has a lot of confidence in himself because he practices so hard. That's what he has more than other fighters. He is faithful to his game plan, and performs throughout the match without ever giving up. That comes from his confidence, I think.
―― If you fight against Masato on New Year's Eve, he'd be the star.
Souwer That's from a Japanese point of view. That is only until you know the result. If I win the match, of course I'd be the star. Masato's popularity in Japan is unshakable, but I don't know if he would get the same popularity on the international stage. In the rest of the world, the fight would only be between me and Masato. If I win this time it'd be my third time to beat "Japan's number one," Masato. That would mean that I'd become a real world champion. That's why I don't think he is the star, and I am the supporting part. If I win, I'd be the real star.
―― What is Masato to you?
Souwer I have no doubt that he is special. Not only for me but for all the other fighters, he is special. That is why beating him means a lot. I get motivated more than other matches. I really think that he is a special fighter.
I'll pay more attention this time. (smiles)

―― You're fighting against Buakaw in the semi final, but during the match three years ago you turned your eyes away from him, got hammered, and lost. What happened?
Souwer Yes, I received his hook when I turned my eyes away. That tournament was very important to me. I fought against Kalakoda and then Masato before the final match with Buakaw. I hit the canvas in the previous matches, and I had to fight in a tough situation. I might have lost concentration.
―― I see.
Souwer I was going to talk to the judge because I thought Buakaw's elbow hit me, but then I looked at the judge and that's when I got punched. That was totally my mistake. It happened because I wasn't concentrating well.
―― What is your next match going to look like?
Souwer This time we are in different condition from the last match. I'll pay more attention this time. (smiles). I think it's going to be a totally different one. Yes, that's for sure. The result wouldn't be the same.
―― Any possibility to be the champion this year?
Souwer Of course I have an desire, and I am 100% confident.
source : Souwer proclaims to be best in the world! “I’ll be Masato's final opponent!" : NEWS | K-1 OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/1015_max_01.html)

sikkwitttet
15-10-2009, 21:31
dikke lap tekst.

ik hoop souwer tegen masato.

beiden toppers