PDA

View Full Version : Karaev interview - "Badr fears me!"

marcelt
08-11-2009, 12:47
The deciding rounds of this year's "FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2009 -FINAL-"(Dec 5th, Yokohama Arena) are just around the corner. We can't wait to see who will win their bouts and how, as the match-ups are amazing! First of all, we're bringing you an interview

-- First of all, how was the match with Kyotaro?
Karaev : Basically it was satisfying. I was calm throughout the rounds, and I was confident from the start. I'm happy that I defeated the Heavyweight Champion.
-- However, it actually looked like you took more damage thought the match.
Karaev : All Kyotaro could do was land low kicks, and I blocked all of them. How about him though? He was barely able to walk.
-- You picked up ball number 1 in the draw. Usually you choose the blue corner of the third match, but this time you chose the red corner of the first match, didn't you?
Karaev : Last time I chose the one I like, but it didn't go well. That's why I changed this time. That's all. There's no particular reason.
-- And Badr picked up ball number 2, and came and stood next to you.
Karaev : So? What exactly do you want to say?
-- I'm guessing you didn't like that....
Karaev : The thing that I don't like is him. I think he is afraid of me. He knows that he might get knocked out by me again. I'm really glad that he chose me, because it's going to be an awesome match again.
-- Badr was saying that, compared to him you're not improving at all. He said that will be the deciding factor in the match.
Karaev : I know that I had some problems in with training before, and didn't have stability with it. But, now I train under the best conditions, and I'll be in perfect condition come December..
-- Here' message from Badr; "Don't spend too much time playing with women."
Karaev : I got it, but he doesn't have to worry about such thing. It's none of his business (smile).I have reached the point where I can fight strategically.
-- Why did you start training at Golden Glory?
Karaev : Because they have many great sparring partners there, and the great trainer Cor Hemmers. It is a great environment to be in. The finals are made up of 4 Golden Glory fights, so that proves something, doesn't it?
-- Have you noticed any changed compared with before?
Karaev : I used to be very aggressive. I wanted to beat down my opponent, and end the match as soon as physically possible. But now, I think during the match. I use tactics, and focus on some defense too.
-- So you were aware that your defense was your weak point?
Karaev : Of course I was.
-- But your aggressiveness was a very attractive attribute in K-1.
Karaev : I still have it. Don't worry. I have just supplemented my arsenal with defense. I want to show both aggressiveness plus strategy.
-- Who would you have chosen if you had of been able to pick up your own opponent at the draw?
Karaev : Choosing or being chosen doesn't mean anything to me. It wouldn't make any difference. We're all at the same level. But, I really wanted to fight with Badr. It didn't matter if it was the first match, or if we met in the final.
-- You won once, and lost once when facing Badr. That's why you wanted to fight a rubber match with him, right?
Karaev : Yes. He is a good fighter. But...it is unfortunate for him. He has to face off against me in the beginning of the night.
Why is Badr in such a hurry?
-- So that means you'll make him disappear after the first match
Karaev : (Laughs) Yes, of course.
-- It seems at thought Badr thinks you are beneath him though.
Karaev : Why is Badr in such a hurry? It is such a waste to think that way when we both qualified to fight in the same tournament.
-- So far, both of your fights have ended in knock outs. Do you expect it will go the same way again this time?
Karaev : Of course. I don't know which one of us is going to knock out the other, but one of us will be flat on the canvas at the end of the fight. Of course, I hope it is me that knocks him out.
-- What areas do you feel you are better than him in?
Karaev : I move faster, and have more and better combinations. Badr mainly throws just one-twos, and he doesn't have any complicated combinations. That'd be the main difference I think. Oh, and I can move better.
-- And you're more popular with the women than him?
Karaev : Ha ha! Of course!!
-- Badr is the type of fighter that has more male fans.
Karaev : Does he? Generally speaking you mean?
-- Kind of...
Karaev : ...I'm not sure about that.
-- It's time you won the WGP, isn't it?
Karaev : I think so too. I've been here since 2005.
-- So 4 years have passed already...
Karaev : Yes. So I think the WGP victory can come at any time now. I have gained experience little by little. I still think something is missing, but I do believe I have what it takes to be the champion.
-- Have you ever though of getting married?
Karaev : No. I don't even have a steady girlfriend. Only female friends.
-- You get motivated by going out with girls, don't you?
Karaev : I have never brought a girl to watch one of my bouts, and don't feel like going out with anyone while I'm training.
-- Really? But you are famous for being such a playboy all the time.
Karaev : I just joke around. I'm just playing that role. (smiles)
-- It would be interesting to see who the true playboy is between you and Zimmermann.
Karaev : He always tries his luck even with my girlfriends, even while we are in Holland. He constantly begs me to introduce girls to him; to the point where it is a real pain in the butt. He is the real playboy. I am actually a sincere and honest guy. If I beat Badr, you'd see what I am really like.

K-1 OFFICIAL WEBSITE (http://www.k-1.co.jp)

Jeru
08-11-2009, 14:32
LOL... player player.

Dit interview is voor of na de partij tegen Hesdy afgenomen?

marcelt
08-11-2009, 14:44
Vandaag nieuw op de K1 site, dus ik denk na.

Guillermo
08-11-2009, 14:57
Wat heeft Karaev gerookT? :lol:

Anderson
08-11-2009, 15:30
Volgens mij toen Manhoef hem ko had geslagen is er iets mis gegaan in zijn hoofd.

Fyodor
08-11-2009, 15:50
Ik denk niet dat Badr op dit moment bang voor Karaev is. Het enige gevaar is dat hij misschien al voorbij deze match kijkt (naar Alistair natuurlijk) en daardoor iets te licht erin gaat. Maar 9 van de 10 keer wint Badr deze partij toch?!

numbre_one
08-11-2009, 16:32
Denk dat een Karaev in normale doen zeker van Badr kan winnen. Als hij na de 8 tellen in hun laatste partij niet als een dolle stier erin was gegaan had hij op zeker gewonnen.. Denk dat Cor Hemmers hem die details wel heeft bijgebracht! Tja partij tegen Hesdy, kan gebeuren. Niks aan de hand.. heb hem nooit zo zien vechten. hij deed vrijwel niks.. niet stoten, niet trappen. stond er als een boksbal. Niks ten nadele van Hesdy, maar als hij echt zo goed was had hij een karaev in deze vorm eruit moeten slaan.....

T15Boxing
08-11-2009, 17:31
Badr bang dat hij Karaev te hard KO slaat.

The_Rock
08-11-2009, 17:33
Badr op KO RD1

T15Boxing
08-11-2009, 17:36
Badr op KO RD1

Binnen 2 min:)

rafi
08-11-2009, 17:40
badr walst over hem heen deze keer.

gieloe
08-11-2009, 17:41
Ik denk niet dat Badr op dit moment bang voor Karaev is. Het enige gevaar is dat hij misschien al voorbij deze match kijkt (naar Alistair natuurlijk) en daardoor iets te licht erin gaat. Maar 9 van de 10 keer wint Badr deze partij toch?!

9,9999999 imo. LOL

Marco
08-11-2009, 21:51
Karaev is een mooie prater, Badr slaat Karaev in de 1e ronde echt heel erg zwaar k.o. ik denk echt dat Karaev via stretcher de ring moet verlaten.

Illest
08-11-2009, 21:55
Hari moet wel waken voor onderschatting.....na die pot tegen Gerges lijkt het bijna TE makkelijk gewoon....

Marco
08-11-2009, 22:03
Hari moet wel waken voor onderschatting.....na die pot tegen Gerges lijkt het bijna TE makkelijk gewoon....

ik denk dat badr inmiddels wel wat volwassener is in dit soort dingen en ik denk dat zijn team hem daar ook zeker voor zal waarschuwen

STERKE JERKE
09-11-2009, 07:45
Welterusten Karaev.

Kingster
09-11-2009, 11:50
Denk dat kareav en choi dikke vrienden zijn, beiden zijn de weg kwijt :)

Badr gaat hem slopen.

Lennie
09-11-2009, 14:40
Jammer dat ze niet over de partij tegen Hesdy waren begonnen. Dan had hij een stuk minder tof gesproken

Marquis
09-11-2009, 15:08
Als Ruslan zijn dekking en glazen kin niet zo kut was dan had hij misschien nog voor 48 % kans om van Badr te winnen.

Maar Badr in deze vorm is vele malen beter ,.. of Badr moet tegen een goede stoot oplopen,.. maar zelfs dan staat Badr op (zie Zimmerman).

BiCkOnE
09-11-2009, 15:31
LOL... player player.

Dit interview is voor of na de partij tegen Hesdy afgenomen?

...aan zijn praatjes te zien zou je denken ervoor... :whistling:

mikeymcd
09-11-2009, 16:10
'badr fears me' hahaha. Toernooi waarin hij nog tegen Ali (zwaar KO gegaan) en Remy (nooit gewonnen)/Schilt moet vechten. JA dan moet je wel heel bang worden van Karaev.

Nightwalker
09-11-2009, 17:31
Hahahha Karaev.. Hahahahhhahahaahahahahah !!!!! Nightwalker rolt van het lachen..:):):):)

Naj85
09-11-2009, 18:23
'badr fears me' hahaha. Toernooi waarin hij nog tegen Ali (zwaar KO gegaan) en Remy (nooit gewonnen)/Schilt moet vechten. JA dan moet je wel heel bang worden van Karaev.
lol

T15Boxing
09-11-2009, 19:37
Ruslan lijkt me een goeie knul met humor dus het is oke. Alleen dat dansen tijdens ringwalk...Daar hebben meerdere vechters last van:fp:

univers1l
09-11-2009, 22:46
karaev moet wel zo praten, om het spannend te houden, maar diep van binnen voelt hij de pak rammel al aankomen.

Darkness
10-11-2009, 04:10
Hahaha KOraev!
Badr is een beest met zijn torpedo lowkicks.

Opkomst van badr zal hem 8 tellen bezorgen.

simtekf1
10-11-2009, 11:29
Hij is wel heel zeker van z'n zaak of niet, krijg bijna medelijden met hem.
Vooral om dit:

Karaev : I used to be very aggressive. I wanted to beat down my opponent, and end the match as soon as physically possible. But now, I think during the match. I use tactics, and focus on some defense too.

:')