PDA

View Full Version : Intervieuw Badr Hari: “You'd better not back down”

simtekf1
11-11-2009, 17:01
K-1 needs a new king to rule the new wave of fighters. Could that man be Badr Hari? He can KO both Aerts and Schilt with his captivating fighting style. He, along with seven others, will be going for the crown at the FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2009 -FINAL- (December 15th, Yokohama Arena, Japan).

K-1 WGP FINAL 2009 - Trailer

LeBanner is afraid of me.

Q: Congratulations on your win in the last tournament.
Hari: Sure.
Q: It was shocking how fast the match with Samedov ended.
Hari: Mike's strategy was just low kicks. Everyone probably expected a KO punch, but I wanted to show that it's possible to get a KO with a kick. But there wasn't really a chance. Before I could knock him down, I'd missed the chance. But I was really going for a kick.
Q: So you're not satisfied?
Hari: Well, the most important thing in the end is winning and going on to the next tournament. How you win comes after actually winning. Now the big thing is winning the next match.
Q: You drew the number 2 ball in the lottery, and now you are up against Karaev.
Hari: I prefer picking my opponent. . I like choosing more than having them come to me. I had no choice but to pick the spot I chose. But it's all the same no matter where I went. They all avoided me! Remy and LeBanner both chose the other block. But it's all the going to turn out the same.
Q: When LeBanner picked the third block, you made a face. Did you think he was running away?
Hari: I always wanted to fight him. Since he went to the other block, I'll just have to fight him some other time.
Q: And if you could pick anyone...?
Hari: It would be LeBanner (immediate reply). He's one of the veterans on my list of people I haven't fought yet. I've fought Peter, Glaube, and Schilt, but I still haven't fought LeBanner. He knows that too. It seems like he's trying to run away and hide. If someone told me I had to fight me, I wouldn't like it either. He made a good choice. But anyway we have to fight sometime.
http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph01.jpg (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph01b.jpg) http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph02.jpg (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph02b.jpg) http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph03.jpg (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph03b.jpg) http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph04.jpg (http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2009/images/1111_wgp_02/ph04b.jpg)

Lonely without Peter

Q: You're going to fight Karaev for the third time. What are your thoughts on him?
Hari: It's only my third time fighting him, but his weakness is that he doesn't change. He doesn't get better. But I'm always improving. The first time I fought Ruslan Karaev, I'd only been training at Mike's gym. I wasn't getting better. But then after two or three years, I became the guy that Mike had imagined. I did it. Karaev isn't someone who can really change. This is a match between me, always changing, and Karaev, never changing. He holds back like a girl. Even though he's a guy. (laughs)
Q: Do you think your body has changed?
Hari: Yeah, I can tell. When I look back at myself in old matches, I wonder who that girly-man is. I've gotten more muscular. I have more confidence than I used to. There's a lot of good that has come out of it.
Q: It's too bad about last year, but what do you think about this year's championships?
Hari: Actually, I think last year was exciting because I was there. I beat Peter, and then I turned around my match with Zimmerman and won that too. I made it into a kind of show, so without me it would have been just another unexciting tournament. Realistically, I don't think there's a way to say how things are going to end this time, but this is my chance. I have another chance at fighting Remy. You've got to have a good opponent to have a good match.
Q: You have complete confidence.
Hari: I feel the change. I'm only going to get better. It's too bad that Peter isn't in the final, but everyone knew this day would come. We have a lot of newcomers who have aggressiveness and hunger instead of experience. They have heart and passion. They're young so of course they are eager to prove themselves. There are gonna be some heavy fights, but I think the fans are gonna love it.

Alistair is buff

Q: When the last generation gives way to the new one, that's when you will really rule K-1.
Hari: I have to win. I'm going to keep this in mind as I head towards the championships. I have to give it all I've got to prepare. I've fought a lot of guys, and I've proved that I can KO any one of them. I have to think about being the winner, and I'm going to want it more than anyone else. From there, I'll get to the top.
Q: What do you think was missing last year?
Hari: It was when the ref gave me that red card.
Q: Hey, what's that mean?
Hari: Hehe. Joking aside, I felt good up until the championships. But at the crucial moment I suddenly felt weighed down, while Remy looked like he was having a good time. I had just fought two tough matches and I couldn't control myself. I was just going with my instinct and until the last match that was working fine. Now Remy has the tough matches and things are much easier for me.
Q: Show us your enthusiasm for the upcoming tournament.
Hari: This is really a big tournament. There's no running away from it. Since there are a lot of young opponents, I have to sacrifice a lot to win. I have to work hard and I want to become the champion for my fans. This is my chance to give them 200 percent. I have to show them Badr destroying his opponents.
Q: What do you think of Aerts loss?
Hari: I don't think he was totally defeated. He just couldn't fight his own game. Meaning, he couldn't bring on a challenge. Peter had been at the top of K-1 for 17 years. I respect him a lot only for that. But in that last match, Alistair did really great. It was totally natural that this kind of fighter came about. It can be a positive thing for some, but in Peter's case it's a negative thing.
Q: Alistair has been saying that if he wins the WGP this year, he's going to dedicate himself to MMA. That means there will be no defending champion. If you don't win, the power is going to fall into someone else's hands....
Hari: I won't let that happen.
Q: You have a lot of fans who want you to stop Alistair. You must have some strong feelings about this, like revenge or something.
Hari: Of course Alistair is a strong fighter. Or at least, he's just muscular. (wry laugh) I'm sure he looks down on me since I lost that time before. But I had a tough match and still had to fight again right away. People were going on and on about how I went against the K-1 norm by going back to Holland twice last December. I couldn't focus. It's not going to change that he won and I lost. But, this time I'm showing a new Badr. If Texeira makes it to the next round, I've got to stop Alistair.

simtekf1
11-11-2009, 17:08
Grappig dat hij begint over het ontwijken van Le Banner, ik heb dat gister nog ergens gepost hier want het viel mij namelijk ook al op. ;)

snip83
11-11-2009, 17:35
thnx voor het posten...

Ik heb ook echt het gevoel dat het dit jaar Badr jaar is.

nog 3,5 week dan weten we het

univers1l
11-11-2009, 17:39
badr is zelfverzekerd, en dat is goed. waarschijnlijk zal lebanner in de arena tegen badr verschijnen.

Irishrover
11-11-2009, 22:40
Erg zelfverzekerd inderdaad over z'n kunnen en doen.

Bijna bijna!

Nightwalker
11-11-2009, 23:40
Jaaa zeer zeker bijnaa... Echt allemaal topwedstrijden !!!... Ik heb in tijden niet zn match up gezien.. Persoonijk vind ik dit jaar, de moeilijkste en de zwaarste K-1 WGP FINAL 8 2009 ooit ...:)

Darkness
12-11-2009, 00:39
Go badr!

Collina
12-11-2009, 01:14
Jaaa zeer zeker bijnaa... Echt allemaal topwedstrijden !!!... Ik heb in tijden niet zn match up gezien.. Persoonijk vind ik dit jaar, de moeilijkste en de zwaarste K-1 WGP FINAL 8 2009 ooit ...:)

Correct!

Gaat ontzettend spannend worden! Uiteraard ga ik voor Alistair en anders gun in het Badr absoluut!

pavani
12-11-2009, 01:22
GoodLuck Badr!

Irishrover
13-11-2009, 01:09

Ja mee eens, iedere fighter heeft een zwarte taak aan zijn broek hangen!

Badr laat hier wel een grote persoonlijkheid zien hoor. Echt mooi om te lezen allemaal.

Waar ga jij kijken trouwens?

Lionheart
13-11-2009, 04:20
Heb er nu al zin in!;)

Alistair of Badr moet de titel dit jaar pakken!
Mijn 2 favo's in dit toernooi!

T15Boxing
13-11-2009, 04:29
If someone told me I had to fight me, I wouldn't like it either.

Hyeah:lol:

Ik heb er zin in en ik weet zeker dat Badr alles wint.

Harrie Nak
13-11-2009, 09:28
Badr mag van mij weer mooi de mond gesnoerd worden. Alleen dat gefrustreerde hoofd al wat ie altijd trekt...

Nightwalker
13-11-2009, 14:52
@Irishrover,

Ik ga lekker op de bankstel ploffen, met een grote bak popcorn en twee grote flessen Fernandes.. ( Rood/Groen) En ja, dan al die wedstrijden met alle spanning bekijken.. Kortom gewoon lekker rustig thuis.. ( Mob heb ik dan ook uit) :):)

Wheelie
13-11-2009, 15:00
D titel gaat naar Badr of Alistair

Tony Galento
13-11-2009, 15:02
Ja mee eens, iedere fighter heeft een zwarte taak aan zijn broek hangen!

Badr laat hier wel een grote persoonlijkheid zien hoor. Echt mooi om te lezen allemaal.

Waar ga jij kijken trouwens?

Een grote persoonlijkheid? :lol:

snip83
13-11-2009, 15:09
Hoop Badr...en als Badr hem niet wint,dan Ali.

Als Badr hem niet wint neem ik hem nee naar huis

snip83
13-11-2009, 15:20
:lol: Azijnzeiker

Ken ik jou?

Irishrover
13-11-2009, 15:27
@Irishrover,

Ik ga lekker op de bankstel ploffen, met een grote bak popcorn en twee grote flessen Fernandes.. ( Rood/Groen) En ja, dan al die wedstrijden met alle spanning bekijken.. Kortom gewoon lekker rustig thuis.. ( Mob heb ik dan ook uit) :):)

Haha gelijk heb je, dus je gaat geen livestream volgen?

Mate, vorig jaar had ik me mobiel aangelaten, tijdens de final: Badr Vs Badr kreeg ik een sms, ik was zo dom om het smsje te gaan lezen. Stond er: Badr gaat zo een gekke actie actie zetten.

Ik dacht: neeee! waarom heb ik dit gelezen?!

Dus everybody, Telefoon uit!

snip83
13-11-2009, 15:27
Denk niet dat je me wilt kennen;)

ok dan spreken we niks af;)

Irishrover
13-11-2009, 15:28
Een grote persoonlijkheid? :lol:

Heb je lol jonge?

Ach wat lief..

Jeru
13-11-2009, 18:56
Mate, vorig jaar had ik me mobiel aangelaten, tijdens de final: Badr Vs Badr kreeg ik een sms, ik was zo dom om het smsje te gaan lezen. Stond er: Badr gaat zo een gekke actie actie zetten.

Badr vs Badr levert sowieso een gekke actie op :lol:

Irishrover
13-11-2009, 19:27
Badr vs Badr levert sowieso een gekke actie op :lol:

Hahaha. Wat een groffe fout! Maar wil dat wel eens zien. Badr vs Badr.

Ik ga voor Badr

Nightwalker
13-11-2009, 21:40
Aaaa gosieee !!

We hebben een verliefd stel hierop mixfight... Jeetje zeg, Snip93 en Missj.. Wat zijn jullie een leuk stel.. Doet me echt aan vroeger denken, toen ik me vriendin aan het pesten was, maar gaf nooit toe dat ik haar leuk vind..

En dat zie ik ook weer bij jullie twee terug.. Echt leuk joh .:):):)

snip83
13-11-2009, 22:18
Aaaa gosieee !!

We hebben een verliefd stel hierop mixfight... Jeetje zeg, Snip93 en Missj.. Wat zijn jullie een leuk stel.. Doet me echt aan vroeger denken, toen ik me vriendin aan het pesten was, maar gaf nooit toe dat ik haar leuk vind..

En dat zie ik ook weer bij jullie twee terug.. Echt leuk joh .:):):)

who the fuck is snip93?
is er een wannabe snip83 in da house?

knift
14-11-2009, 01:26
Waar haal jij die verliefdheid uit...??Snip en ik gebruiken elkaar alleen, als we ons eenzaam voelen.Dan houden we wel eens handje enzo....maar verder gaan dan dat...dat durven we niet.....Maar ik geef wel toe...dat ik hem stiekem toch erg leuk vind...Maar psssst niet doorvertellen he,het blijft ons geheimpje;)

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap:offtopic:

Pitbull.
14-11-2009, 01:41

jaloers????

ik best wel..

snip83
14-11-2009, 12:38
Waar haal jij die verliefdheid uit...??Snip en ik gebruiken elkaar alleen, als we ons eenzaam voelen.Dan houden we wel eens handje enzo....maar verder gaan dan dat...dat durven we niet.....Maar ik geef wel toe...dat ik hem stiekem toch erg leuk vind...Maar psssst niet doorvertellen he,het blijft ons geheimpje;)

Precies, niks verliefd, we zijn idd alleen eenzaam soms he sgatjeeee:D

snip83
14-11-2009, 12:39

:offtopic:

ZakKa!
14-11-2009, 17:17
Hahahaha het wordt steeds gezelliger op mixfight :D

snip83
14-11-2009, 17:45
Knift who??