PDA

View Full Version : Overeem interview

marcelt
20-11-2009, 18:11
if it is mma, in 2-3 mins everything is over

Q: let's have a talk about the fight with Peter first.
A:I am very proud to win the gaem. I have managed the game exactly how I planed to. Beating the legend of K-1 is something to me, too.
when I was 12-13 years old watching TV, Peter was fighting then. As a fighter & a person, I repect him. eventhough he would feel a bit down losing from me..... He would have known it coming....a Fighter is a fighter...... as long as you are in the ring you have to fight.....

Q: according to this result some would say MMA has beaten K-1
A: I started K-1 the game with Badr which I have won. I thought I could get Remy, I lost to Remy. eventhough I lost, I controlled the game. I have fought present WGP champ. & gave some damages to him. as a new K-1 fighter i have won Peter which I consider myself proud.
Q: you had to win the game because it was MMA VS K-1?
A: it's not easy to say... different rules..... K-1 fighter fighting in K-1 rule would have better chance & also the other way round too. exception for cropcop. nothingn can't be said for sure....
Q: even you have beaten Badr & Peter?
A: I deserve to be complimented because nobody has complished such as.............???(laugh) Although it looks similar, it's complitely different thing. no one can be upper position in MMA & K-1. If I have the chance to fight the 8 fighters in final in MMA rule, I could finish them in 2-3 mins. because it's the different ring..................

Thinking Of Teixeira
Q: in the draw you had no choice, if you had one, who would you have picked???
A: anyone is ok but i may have thought of fighting him. Eventually the tournament is the satisfation for everyone. meaning every fighter has ended up with the ones they want to fight. right?
Q why Teixeira?
A: Alister's Sixth sence..... (laugh) without no particular reason..... I just wanted to fight him.... my scenario is Beat Teixeira & fight Badr then face Semmy in the final..... I don't know how it will all turn out but recently everything is going the way i expect so I assume this time the same.
Q: Teixeira is the champ of world athlete Karate. it may look as mma fight.
A: mmmmmmm I think it is just two men fighting in a ring, not a confrontation..... it will be a tough fight.
he will be aiming for the victory too but i am the one winning..... study hard & execute the strategy...
Q: what do you think of the world karate champ. title?
A: I don't take that much notice of it..... I would have better reputation when I have won the fighters who have such titles....which gives me more motivation...

It was not a luck beating Badr
Q: how confidence are you to win the WGP?
A: I am extremely comfident bit you have to fight 3 games in one night in the tournament. anything can happen but winning is the goal of my dream & I am working hard for it. K-1 is not my ultimate goal, it's just something I need to go through.... I would like to enjoy this as long as i can...... if it's not, return to mma (laugh)
Q: Badr said he wouldn't allow you to go back to mma next year with the victory of WGP. which means he will not let you win....
A: there was a rumor about Badr & me rematch in mma, eventhough it all disappeared... well, it really doesn't matter to have the rematch under K-1 rule.... the ones who said that I was lucky to beat him, I want to prove them wrong.... He is saying that he is going to stop me from winning, I am only concentrating on the victory. leading the game wisely..... that' it.
Q: K-1 fighters will try thier best to stop you, does it bother?
A: not at all. mma is more tough. in mma 5mins. 5 rounds, standing, grounds, knee kicks, face poundings.... in Pride thr first round was 10mins. I was a top fighter in pride too. I think K-1 is easier.

phranq
20-11-2009, 18:13
Thanks, maar volgens mij is dit een oud interview.. heeft hier al eerder op gestaan..

marcelt
20-11-2009, 18:13
Ook nog interview op SBS

http://www.sbs6.nl/web/show/id=136189/langid=43/media=114003/page=1

marcelt
20-11-2009, 18:14
Thanks, maar volgens mij is dit een oud interview.. heeft hier al eerder op gestaan..

Zou kunnen. Ik gebruik altijd de zoekfunctie. Als ik 'm daar niet bij zie post ik 'm .

Ivo C.
20-11-2009, 21:26
Is the Interview translated by the google translation tool???:lol:

Jeru
20-11-2009, 21:32
Is the Interview translated by the google translation tool???:lol:

Hahaha inderdaad belabberd Engels :lol: