PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Emelianenko and Gegard Mousasi? Muhammad "King Mo" Lawal says bring it

dirk5
02-12-2009, 10:50
While just five fights into his MMA career, multi-weight-class contender Muhammed Lawal (5-0) is already looking to take down some of the sport's best fighters.

A recent Strikeforce signee, Lawal recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com
(http://www.mmajunkie.com/radio)) that WAMMA heavyweight champ Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce light heavyweight title holder Gegard Mousasi were just two potential future matchups he thinks he could win.

But don't mistake Lawal's claims for cockiness. As the 28 year old preps for a bout with Mike Whitehead at "Strikeforce: Evolution" on Dec. 19, "King Mo" is just confident.

"I'm not overlooking anybody, but my plan is to beat Mike Whitehead, then keep on winning," Lawal said. "Any opponent, I'm not going to be like, 'Oh, it's going to be a tough fight.' I'm going to be like, 'I'm going to win.'

"I fight to win, so any opponent from here on out, I envision myself beating them. It doesn't matter who it's against."

Lawal meets Whitehead in a heavyweight contest, but the four-time Sengoku veteran said he wants to hold titles in the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions as well. Lawal said he had actually hoped to meet Whitehead at 205 pounds, but his opponent requested different terms.

"The fight with me and Mike Whitehead was supposed to happen at 205 (pounds), but I don't think he wanted to fight at 205," Lawal said. "I think he's kind of big right now; he probably just wanted to stay comfortable at heavyweight. I was like, 'If you're comfortable at heavyweight, I'll fight you where you're comfortable at. It means nothing to me.'"

And as long as he's competing in the heavyweight division, why not take on the world's top-rated fighter? Lawal said he's up for a future bout with Emelianenko if Strikeforce is keen to the idea.

"Strikeforce calls the shots, not me," Lawal said. "Obviously, Fedor has a few tough fights on the radar with Fabricio (Werdum) and (Alistair) Overeem. He has his hands full right there. I just have to do my thing and keep winning. If he keeps winning, and I keep winning, it could happen."

Of course, Lawal's not certain Emelianenko will even make it through those potential fights to allow for a future matchup.

"[Emelianenko] has got two tough fights in front of him," Lawal said. "Fabricio is no joke. I could see Fabricio beating him, and I could see Overeem beating him. Anybody can be beaten at any given time. You've just got to be prepared.

"[Emelianenko] is only fighting once or twice a year. He looks good, but you can't expect to improve that much when you're fighting once or twice a year."

Of course, Lawal's first chance at a Strikeforce title might come in the light heavyweight division. Lawal believes he might be the once to convince new champion Mousasi to re-consider his previous spot in the middleweight division.

"I have a feeling he's going to be at 185 again, eventually," Lawal said. "I have a feeling that I'm going to be the reason he goes back down."

2010 could be a banner year for Lawal. Willing to compete in three divisions, Lawal's Strikeforce contract also allows for him to fight in Japan. And with "King Mo's" desire to keep improving, stay busy and "get dat paper," the sky's the limit for future matchups should Lawal get past Whitehead.

"I just feel comfortable in the ring fighting," Lawal said. "As long as it makes sense, then I feel comfortable."

5 keer gewonnen en meneer kan heel de wereld aan :)

wrestler_nl
02-12-2009, 11:07
Fedor en Mousasi...lol.
Laat hem nou maar eerst van Whitehead winnen.

dirk5
02-12-2009, 11:10
"I have a feeling he's going to be at 185 again, eventually," Lawal said. "I have a feeling that I'm going to be the reason he goes back down."

dus Gegard gaat een been amputeren om maar niet met mo te hoeven vechten.....

kooivechter
02-12-2009, 12:49
vent is gek knokke kan ie wel

Lionheart
02-12-2009, 13:21
Ik zou Lawal wel eens op de grond bezig willen zien.

Hij is tenslotte nog wel ongeslagen, dus kan niets verkeerds over m zeggen;)

Mattie73
02-12-2009, 14:07
Het mooiste van King mo Lawal vind ik zijn entrance. Schitterend.

Chico
02-12-2009, 14:11
"[Emelianenko] is only fighting once or twice a year. He looks good, but you can't expect to improve that much when you're fighting once or twice a year."
seriously?

maar ken deze gast helemaal niet... moet echt weer meer mma gaan kijken...

ijsbier
02-12-2009, 15:02
Gringo....

Mattie73
02-12-2009, 19:24
Het mooiste van King mo Lawal vind ik zijn entrance. Schitterend.

Wie A zegt moet ook B zeggen.

Hieronder is de link. Zet de volumeknop omhoog en geniet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZYabwS-7U&feature=related

Nopain85
02-12-2009, 19:34
Amerikanen

Nopain85
02-12-2009, 19:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXopiMyIkhs