PDA

View Full Version : Aoki-Hirota, Kawajiri-Yokota announced for Dynamite!! 2009

redman74
22-12-2009, 22:03
Weer 2 nieuwe gevechten;
de kaart begint aardig vol te komen.
welke matchups zouden er nog bij komen?

Gloves are off: Aoki-Hirota, Kawajiri-Yokota announced for Dynamite!!2009 - MMA Mania (http://www.mmamania.com/2009/12/22/1212504/gloves-are-off-aoki-hirota#storyjump)

Gloves are off: Aoki-Hirota, Kawajiri-Yokota announced for Dynamite!! 2009
by Akimitsu Kuwabara on Dec 22, 2009 10:52 AM EST 12 comments

Fighting and Entertainment Group today announced two additional fights for its upcoming year-end Dynamite!! 2009 event.

The "DREAM vs. Sengoku Raiden Championship (SRC)" bout series will come full circle as the lightweight champions and top contenders in the two organizations face off: Shinya Aoki and Mizuto Hirota bear the pride and championship belts of DREAM and SRC, respectively, while top lightweights, Tatsuya Kawajiri and Kazunori Yokota, square off.

Kazushi Sakuraba will most likely not participate due to an injury. Expect 1-2 more fights to be added.

Contentious mood pervaded the conference from the outset, as Aoki and Kawajiri balked at the photo ops with their opponents. Originally scheduled to face each other for the DREAM lightweight title bout, they made no effort to hide their displeasure at the proposed "DREAM vs. SRC" match ups.

Kawajiri, whose long-awaited title shot against Aoki has now been delayed, simply stated that he has no interest in the fight against Yokota and feel no motivation heading into the fight. Yokota, on the other hand, threw a series of verbal jabs at Kawajiri:

"I once said that a win over Takanori Gomi, not one over Kawajiri or (Mitsuhiro) Ishida, is the only one that means anything to me. Now, however, Kawajiri has more recognition and abilities, so it is a plum opportunity for me to make my name."

When Yokota piled on, claiming that he would be more competitive against the retiring K-1 MAX icon, Masato, than Kawajiri was (Yokota has had some success in shoot boxing, muay thai, and other striking competition), Aoki interrupted, telling him to "shut up."

SRC lightweight champion, Mizuto Hirota, threw down the gauntlet against Aoki: "It seems like Aoki does not know me so I will beat him up with full force."

The surly Aoki took the mic to bare his animosity against SRC. Besides being irate that the title bout against Kawajiri on New Year’s Eve unraveled, he expressed his fierce loyalty to DREAM and pledged to defend its honor:

"I would like (DREAM) to destroy SRC with a clean sweep."

DREAM and Sengoku Featherweight Grand Prix runner-ups, Michihiro Omigawa and Hiroyuki Takaya, also attended the conference to discuss their bout that was announced last week.

Unlike the other four fighters in attendance, Omigawa and Takaya kept things civil but displayed their competitive fire and promised an intense showdown.

When fighters were asked to deliver their messages to the opponents to wrap up the conference, Kawajiri simply passed the mic without commenting while others kept their comments brief.

The tense air did not relent even at the very end. When the fighters gathered for a group shot, Aoki and Kawajiri ignored the urging of the staff to leave the room. Aoki later returned but refused to stand next to Hirota, as all fighters except Kawajiri poised for the picture.

It looks like the smoldering ill will might just explode with full force on New Year’s Eve.

The line-up for the event thus far is as follows:

MMA Super Fight:

Satoshi Ishii vs. Hidehiko Yoshida

DREAM vs. SRC:

Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto vs. Masanori Kanehara
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Michihiro Omigawa
Hideo Tokoro vs. Marlon Sandro
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Akihiro Gono
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hiroshi Izumi
Alistair Overeem vs. Kazuyuki Fujita
Shinya Aoki vs. Mizuto Hirota
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazunori Yokota

K-1 MAX Fight (5×3 minutes, 1×3 ext.):

Masato vs. Andy Souwer

K-1 Fight:

Ray Sefo vs. Yosuke Nishijima

Super Hulk Tournament Final:

Minowaman vs. Sokoudjou

The DREAM vs. SRC fights will be contested under three five minute rounds and no stomps or soccerkicks will be allowed. Also, the referees from both organizations will be employed and the specific judging criteria have yet to be disclosed.

Stay tuned to MMAmania for more news regarding the Dynamite!! 2009 NYE event.

0 recs | 12 comments | Add comment