PDA

View Full Version : MANNY PACQUIAO insists he still wants to fight Floyd Mayweather jnr.

pure
28-12-2009, 21:50
The welterweight superfight - set for March 13 - appeared off when the Filipino refused to meet Mayweather's demands for pre-fight drug testing.
But PacMan said: "I never said the fight was off.
"I've offered to give a blood sample 30 days before the fight and I'm willing to give blood immediately after the fight. But taking blood out of my body does not seem natural.
"Mentally, I feel it will weaken me if blood is taken from me just days before the fight."

:confused: wat denken jullie , noob als het gaat om bloedtesting heeft het een nadeel ofzo ;ichaamelijk ..?!?

pure
28-12-2009, 21:53
MANNY PACQUIAO has called off boxing's richest fight - after refusing Floyd Mayweather Jr's drug-testing demands.

The seven-weight world champion was due to face unbeaten Mayweather in Las Vegas on March 13 in a bout guaranteeing the fighters £20million each with total earnings expected to double that.
Pacman agreed to dope testing on specific dates before and after the fight but Mayweather demanded random Olympic-style tests.
Now Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum has had enough, insisting his fighter's phobia of giving blood is being exploited by Mayweather.
Arum blasted: "What I believe is Floyd never really wanted the fight and this is just harassment of Pacquiao.
"We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the fight.
"He knows Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken, and feels that it weakens him.
"This is just typical nastiness by wise guys like Mayweather.
"Floyd, to me, is a coward and he's always been a coward. He's afraid to face somebody who could beat him.
"And believe me, Manny could beat him. So he'll go his way, we'll go our way, and that'll be fine."
Mayweather Jr said: "I've already agreed to the testing and it is a shame he is not willing to do the same.
"It leaves me with great doubt as to the level of fairness I would be facing."

Sendur
28-12-2009, 22:09
BS geef gewoon bloed.

Nickuraba
28-12-2009, 23:29
boeiend..als manny na t gevecht wel bloed wil afstaan..doen ze dat lekker!

heeft mayweather een excuus minder

delightone
29-12-2009, 00:31
Het lijkt me inderdaad sterkt als hij juiced bijvoorbeeld dat het net na de partij helemaal uit zijn systeem is.
Tenminste ik heb nog nooit van roid gehoord die door inspanning ineens helemaal verdwijnt.

Dus het fobie verhaal klink best geloofwaardig

T15Boxing
29-12-2009, 00:43
Ik wist het. Manny vs Floyd was toch te mooi om waar te zijn.

Octavius
29-12-2009, 03:00
Waar bemoeid die Floyd zich mee. Doping, testen etc is voor de athletic commission en niet aan hem. Gewoon psychologisch spelletje met de zwaar bijgelovige Pacman willen spelen.

Trashtalk etc no prob mee maar dit soort dingen. Vraag me af of hij niet gewoon chicken is voor zijn eigen clean record te verliezen. Weet het wel zeker dat hij daar bang voor is.

weks
29-12-2009, 08:58
Lijkt er toch op dat hij excuses zoekt om niet te vechten, het uit te stellen of de ppv cijfers nog groter te maken op het moment dat het gevecht toch plaatsvind
naar mijn idee allemaal niet nodig ga toch voor Floyd, al zou hij wat meer ballen mogen hebben

Jani
29-12-2009, 10:33
laatste update

Mayweather/Golden Boy Statement

After a Christmas weekend filled with comments and reports related to the potential mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions have issued the following joint statement:

Let the record be clear: Manny Pacquiao and his promoter Bob Arum are threatening to walk away from the largest fight in history. The fact is that random blood and urine testing was one of the many deal points and was listed along with the others, such as the financial split, the weight, financial penalty for being overweight, the appointment of the foreign sales agent, the production of the marketing assets, the gloves and many more. Team Mayweather made major concessions in many of these areas and we were optimistic that Team Pacquiao would do the same as it related to the request for random blood and urine testing, which Floyd Mayweather agreed to immediately.

It is disappointing for us to see that the benefits of blood testing and the fact that many different substances and procedures can only be detected by blood testing, are still not fully understood by all.

Their “take it or leave it” approach where blood testing would stop 30 days prior to the fight unless the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) approved differently is another indication that they may not want this fight. Pacquiao’s position (and as stated on his website) is. “The truth is taking blood out of my body does not seem natural to me and mentally I feel it will weaken me if blood is taken from me just days before the fight” or he is “afraid of needles” and does not feel comfortable with blood being taken closer than 30 days before the fight is another interesting point. The fact is that he did have blood taken just 14 days prior to his fight with Ricky Hatton, an event which was documented on HBO’s 24/7 reality show.

Also when told that Pacquiao feels that the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is an agent of Golden Boy Promotions-which is in and of itself a ridiculous accusation-we moved swiftly and made yet another concession by stating that we would be perfectly fine to retain another agency which would do the random urine and blood tests and jointly agree on a reasonable cutoff prior to the fight but which would still maintain the integrity of the results. Let it be clear that this procedure was declined by Pacquiao as was the proposal to bring in an independent mediator such as Sen. John McCain, a suggestion that was in fact embraced by Bob Arum, but also declined by Manny Pacquiao.

Let it be very clear that nobody from Team Mayweather or Golden Boy Promotions is accusing Pacquiao of anything. But the reality seems to be that for whatever reason Pacquiao does not want to participate in random blood testing, which has already been deemed a harmless procedure that many current athletes are subjected to prior to and during competition.

Team Mayweather and Golden Boy Promotions is still open to the earlier discussions of having both parties work out a mutually agreeable understanding of the testing, which would be conducted by a mutually agreed upon agency.

In closing Floyd Mayweather is one of the most decorated athletes boxing has ever seen and he is anxious to make this fight happen for all of the fans and sports enthusiasts that are asking for this fight to happen too. As you might have noticed Floyd has been silently watching and patiently waiting for the final details of the fight to get worked out. As Floyd has already stated he does not have a problem with the random procedure and will be under the same requirements as Pacquiao, it is simply hard for him to understand why there is reluctance on Pacquiao’s part to agree to do the same.

MB667
29-12-2009, 10:37
and his promoter Bob Arum are threatening to walk away from the largest fight in history.

dat is een bokswedstrijd al lang niet meer, de largest fight in history.

Dat is tegenwoordig of een mma- of een k1 gevecht....

Jani
29-12-2009, 10:40
Het zou zo jammer zijn als de partij niet doorging door deze bullshit..

op zich wel goed,die bloedtest,zouden ze altijd moeten doen,ook in MMA..
zo weet je 100% zeker dat iemand niet gebruikt..

deze partij gaat zeker de PPV records breken,wat nog steeds op naam staat van Mayweather vs Oscar de la Hoya met 2 miljoen PPV..

dat krijgt MMA of K1 echt niet voor elkaar

T15Boxing
29-12-2009, 16:37
Het lijkt er gewoon op dat Pacquiao alles weigert en iets te verbergen heeft. Hij zal de schuld krijgen als dit niet doorgaat en terecht lijkt me.

K1 is lang niet zo groot en MMA heeft nog niet eens een Ali-Frazier, Hagler Hearns, Mayweather-De La Hoya etc gehad.