MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Default Strikeforce Diaz vs. Cyborg**Live/Pbp/Spoilers**

Strikeforce will try to make Herschel Walker vs. Scott Carson happen a second time at its Jan. 29 event in San Jose, Calif.

Sources close to the promotion confirmed with MMA Fighting Tuesday that the heavyweight fight, which was supposed to take place in December before Walker suffered a cut under his eye in training, has been signed for the event. MMA Junkie first reported the news on Monday.

Also signed for the card is a light heavyweight bout pitting Roger Gracie vs. Trevor Prangley, according to sources.

Walker, the 1982 Heisman Trophy winner and former NFL star running back, made his MMA debut last January, defeating the relatively unknown Greg Nagy via third-round TKO.

Carson, 4-1, lost in his return to MMA following a nine-year hiatus this past June.

Meanwhile, the 29-year-old Gracie won his Strikeforce debut in May, submitting Kevin Randleman in the second round. The win improved his MMA record to 3-0.

Prangley, 23-6-1, most recently defeated Keith Jardine at Shark Fights 13 in September. He holds a 3-2 record in Strikeforce.

The event will take place at the organization's home arena, the HP Pavilion. Four fights are scheduled for the Showtime telecast. Already confirmed is a middleweight title fight between champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Robbie Lawler.

bron
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Nick Diaz vs. Evangelista 'Cyborg' Santos is ook toegevoegd aan de card...

vCash

Default Strikeforce Diaz vs. Cyborg" prelims gets de Randamie vs. Webber

Undefeated kickboxer Germaine de Randamie (1-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) continues her transition into MMA when she meets Stephanie Webber (1-1 MMA, 0-0 SF) on the preliminary card of "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg."

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com
    ) that verbal agreements are in place for the women's welterweight bout, which MMARising.com first reported.

"Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg" takes place Jan. 29 at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., and airs live on Showtime.

Randamie kickstarted her MMA career again this past August when she took on Nikohl Johnson at Playboy Fight Nights 5 and won a unanimous decision. Her professional debut came in December 2008 when met veteran Vanessa Porto and was armbarred in the first round.

Randamie held several kickboxing titles during her reign of terror and stepped away from the sport with a 48-0 record. (Check out her highlight videos on YouTube and be afraid.)

Webber, a disciple of UFC veteran Dennis Hallman, stands in the way of Randamie's rise, and holds a recent submission win via armbar over Keri Scarr in regional competition.

"Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg" is headlined by a title bout between welterweight champ Nick Diaz and Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos. It also features a middleweight title bout between champ Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and challenger Robbie Lawler.

The fill "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg" card now includes:

MAIN CARD

• Champ Nick Diaz vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (for welterweight title)
    • Champ Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Robbie Lawler (for middleweight title)
    • Herschel Walker vs. Scott Carson
    • Roger Gracie vs. Trevor Prangley
    PRELIMINARY CARD

• Nate Coy vs. Nate Moore*
    • Germaine de Randamie vs. Stephanie Webber*
    * - Not officially announced

vCash

• Germaine de Randamie vs. Stephanie Webber

Dit is misschien wel het vetste nieuws!!!!!!
    "Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."

vCash

OOOOw ben benieuwd. Vette shit!

vCash

YOOOOO!!! goed nieuws blijft maak komen! ben ook errug benieuwd!
    toen pissen plassen werd is het gezeik begonnen!

vCash

Unbeaten Muay Thai champion Germaine “The Iron Lady” de Randamie will likely face Stephanie Webber in a women’s matchup on the undercard of the upcoming Strikeforce: “Diaz vs Cyborg” event on January 29th. The proposed bout would mark both fighters’ debuts with the San Jose-based promotion.
    A source close to the negotiations confirmed with MMARising.com that both fighters have verbally agreed to the fight, but bout agreements have not yet been signed. De Randamie sports an incredible 48-0 record in Muay Thai and holds a victory over recent Strikeforce signee Julia “The Jewel” Budd.

De Randamie (1-1-0 MMA) made her mixed martial arts debut just over two years ago in a striker vs grappler matchup with former 135-pound contender Vanessa Porto. She succumbed to a Porto armbar in the latter half of round one and would not compete again in MMA for nearly 21 months. De Randamie earned her first win in the sport last September when she scored a Unanimous Decision over Nikohl Johnson at Playboy Fight Night 5 and will now receive a big opportunity with Strikeforce despite her limited MMA experience. She is regarded by many as the best female kickboxer in the world.
    Webber (1-1-0), a product of Victory Athletics in Washington, was also defeated by way of armbar in her pro MMA debut. Webber was submitted by Julianna “The Venezuelan Vixen” Pena – who, herself, had been set to debut for Strikeforce last year – in a December 2009 CageSport contest. Webber got her first victory when she submitted Canadian Keri “Crusher” Scarr in October and she would make a considerable statement if she is able to upset de Randamie. Webber is known more for her ground game and should hold an advantage if she is able to take de Randamie down.
    Strikeforce: “Diaz vs Cyborg” takes place on Saturday, January 29th at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The event is headlined by a Strikeforce Welterweight Championship bout between Nick Diaz and Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos, and also features a Strikeforce Middleweight Championship fight between Ronaldo “Jacaré” Souza and “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler. The de Randamie-Webber matchup was first mentioned on SportsGeeks Radio on Sunday.

bron

vCash

samengevoegd

vCash

met deze

vCash

Official Fight Card

Main Card

• Welterweight Championship bout: Nick Diaz (c) vs. Evangelista Santos
    • Middleweight Championship bout: Ronaldo Souza (c) vs. Robbie Lawler
    • Heavyweight bout: Herschel Walker vs. Scott Carson
    • Light Heavyweight bout: Roger Gracie vs. Trevor Prangley

Announced Matchups

The following fights have been confirmed by reliable sources, but not yet added to strikeforce.com.

• Welterweight bout: Nate Moore vs. Nathan Coy
    • Middleweight bout: Eric Lawson vs. Ron Keslar
    • Women's Welterweight bout: Germaine de Randamie vs. Stephanie Webber

vCash

Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg Fight Card

The entire Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg fight card is set for Jan. 29, Strikeforce director of communications Mike Afromowitz confirmed Tuesday with MMAFighting.com.

Check out below the complete lineup featuring four Showtime bouts and nine preliminary bouts to take place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

Showtime Bouts (10 p.m. ET)
    Nick Diaz vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (welterweight title)
    Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Robbie Lawler (middleweight title)
    Herschel Walker vs. Scott Carson
    Roger Gracie vs. Trevor Prangley

Preliminary Bouts (First bout approximately 4:30 p.m. PT)
    Nate Moore vs. Nathan Coy
    Bobby Stack vs. Isaiah Hill
    Ron Keslar vs. Eric Lawson
    Germaine de Randamie vs. Stephanie Webber
    James Terry vs. Lucas Gamaza
    Jenna Castillo vs. Charlene Gellner
    Anthony Dariano vs. Alan Perez
    Ricky Jackson vs. Niko Jackson
    Sam Bracamonte vs. Armin Safiari

vCash

Mooie main card. War Diaz!
    Aoki - Hellboy - Gomi - Diaz Bros - GSP - Sonnen - Barnett

vCash

WAR GERMAINE effe laten zien wat echte stand up is.

Als Lawler zelfde vorm van striking laat zien als in z'n laatste partij kan hij zomaar de nieuwe champ worden.
    "If the ref hadn’t stopped him, Fedor was going to take that head home to his spaceship and polish it."

Fedor Emelianenko - "I don't talk about my weaknesses. I work on them."

vCash

dikke card, alleen die partij van Walker kan me niet boeien.

WAR DIAZ JACARE en GERMAINE
    Fedor - Mousasi - GSP - Aoki - Hellboy - Cigano - Alvarez - Wicky - Diaz - Kitaoka
    Signature bet record: 2-0

vCash

Denk niet echt dat Cyborg potten kan breken tegen Diaz en ik vraag me ook af of hij de kans had gekregen was hij niet 'de man van' want hij heeft maar een mediocre recordje. Ik denk ook dat Jacare het wel moeilijk gaat krijgen tegen Robbie Lawler en zijn KO power.

Heeft die germaine uberhaupt skills op de grond? Vrouwen MMA in Strikeforce is vaak heel erg slecht van niveau met grote niveau verschillen met snelle KO's en subs alsof het gewoon MMA uit de 90's is.

vCash

Nick Diaz interview met Fight Week + zijn meltdown tijdens de strikeforce conference call vandaag

vCash

vCash

Champ Souza will use "Jacare takedown" on Lawler in Jan. 29 Strikeforce title fight

Strikeforce middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza now considers himself a complete mixed martial artist and plans to use all the tools at his disposal to beat Robbie Lawler.

But he's got a specific tool of his own to put Lawler in his natural habitat on the ground.

"I don't call my takedowns 'wrestling takedowns,'" Jacare told MMAjunkie.com
    ). "I call them 'Jacare takedowns' because I've got my own twist on it."

Souza (13-2 MMA, 3-0 SF) meets Lawler (20-6 MMA, 2-2 SF) in the co-main event of "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg," which takes place Jan. 29 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., and airs live on Showtime.

One can easily see why Souza would want to take the fight there. Seventeen of Lawler's 20 professional victories come by way of TKO or KO, and he most recently sent Matt Lindland into orbit with a blistering combination of punches this past month at "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu II."

Souza, on the the other hand, has zero knockouts on his resume and has won the majority of his fights by submission. A former ADCC grappling champion, he's one of the more successful submission grapplers to make the transition into MMA. But he's also taken risks where many other jiu-jitsu players-turned-fighters haven't. In a title-winning performance against the dangerous Tim Kennedy, he hung tough on his feet and shied away from turning the fight into an endless loop of takedown attempts.

While he's not necessarily afraid of Lawler, he knows what's brought him success.

"My cardio is up, and I'm ready to show that I'm 100 percent ready to fight," he said. "But the plan is when I see the right time to bring jiu jitsu to the table and use it."

But he also might get some tips from a fellow Brazilian who bucked expectations against Lawler. Renato "Babalu" Sobral took on the hard-slugging middleweight this past June at "Strikeforce: Los Angeles." On paper, he had a significant advantage on the mat. But when the bell rang, he marched up to Lawler and engaged fearlessly on the feet. He also missed some takedowns, but his punches were often straighter and more accurate than the bolos Lawler threw. When the final scorecards were handed in, he was ahead two rounds to one.

"I haven't talked to 'Babalu' yet, but I'm on my way to [Los Angeles]," Souza said. "When I get there, there's a big chance I'll be talking to him. Who knows if he'll give me some tips how to get this fight the way I want."

That is, when to cross that no-man's land of fists en route to the clinch. From there he can use his patented takedown.

"I've been training a lot of cardio and my explosiveness," he said. "I've been training a lot of boxing, and how to [move] in the ring. I know he's a good boxer, but I'm prepared to go there in the fight."

That's certainly the spirit that won him the belt. It could be a dangerous proposition against Lawler. Then again, that's why he got into MMA.

"Every fight is a challenge for me," Souza said. "He's a very tough guy. I know it's going to be a good fight (and) a good battle. But I'm getting ready to fight, and I'm just looking at one fight at a time. I'm ready to go there and show all the skills that I have and come out as champion."

vCash

No Need to Hide Game Plan for Strikeforce Champ Jacare Souza

Ask most fighters about their plans or strategies for an upcoming fight and you'll usually get a vague response or no response at all, but don't count Strikeforce middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza among that group.

When Souza was asked this week about his planned method of attack against upcoming challenger Robbie Lawler, he had no qualms about tipping his hand.

"The plan is to use my jiu-jitsu to bring to the fight," he said through an interpreter. "I don't know how or when I'll bring it to the game but I'm well-prepared, my cardio's up and I'm ready to go there and show that I'm 100 percent ready to go in and fight. But the plan is when I see the right time, bring jiu-jitsu to the table and use it."

Of course, that shouldn't come as too big a surprise to Lawler or anyone else who is going to step into the cage with Souza, who is considered by many to be one of the best jiu-jitsu practitioners in the world, and has 10 career wins via tapout.

Souza (13-2, 1 no contest) has won several major jiu-jitsu and submission grappling championships, including the prestigious Abu Dhabi Combat Club championship in 2005.

As a result, for a time, he was thought to be a one-dimensional fighter reliant on his slick jiu-jitsu, but over the last few years, improvements in striking and wrestling (he calls his takedowns "Jacare takedowns") have added new dimensions to his game, making him a matchup nightmare for many opponents.

His upcoming foe Lawler represents the best pure striker he's faced since suffering his last loss, against Gegard Mousasi, and on a rare upkick knockout, no less.

Since that time, perhaps the biggest improvements have come with his striking. In recent wins over Tim Kennedy and Joey Villasenor, he's more than held his own in the standup. It's an element that will no doubt be tested even further against Lawler, a powerful southpaw who's made a living with his thunderous left hand, and boasts 17 of his 20 career wins by knockout.

"I have a great team behind me," said Souza, whose fight will serve as the co-main event of Saturday's Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg. "We take it very serious. I train a lot my cardio, my explosiveness. I've been training a lot of boxing, how to walk around the cage and the ring. I know he's a good boxer but I'm prepared to go there and fight. So pretty much I'm doing everything necessary to go there and hopefully end the fight before the fifth round."

In Lawler's last fight, he knocked Matt Lindland unconscious in just 50 seconds. In the past though, Lawler (20-6, 1 no contest) has been vulnerable in the ground game. He's been tapped out by Jake Shields, Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Evan Tanner, and the general consensus is that Souza's jiu-jitsu is a level above those men.

Souza admits that Lawler ranks among the toughest opponents he's faced, but with his well-rounded game and improved conditioning, he's confident of victory.

"Every fight is a challenge for me," he said. "He's a very tough guy. I know it's going to be a good battle, but I'm getting ready to fight. I'm just looking one fight at a time. I'll be ready to go there and show what I'm going to have and come out as a champion."

vCash

vCash

NIce, heb er zin an, ben benieuwd!!!

vCash

Yes Yes, moet zeggen dat ik de SF card's de laatste tijd veel meer intresante vechters heeft dan andere organisaties.
    WAR !!! DIAZ / LAWLER / WALKER / GERMAINE !!!

vCash

vCash

vCash

Verkeerde thread Slome? Hij's overigens ook al een paar dagen geleden gepost, zij het in een apart topic weliswaar.

On-topic...

MMAWeekly: Should you be successful against Diaz, who would you like to face in 2011?

Evangelista Santos: Once I take the belt, I want to fight Gegard Mousasi and Melvin Manhoff in any weight class.
    If He Gets Past Nick Diaz, Cyborg Wants Gegard Mousasi And Melvin Manhoeff | MMAWeekly.com