MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash

Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson Weigh-In Results

COLUMBUS, Ohio – All 20 fighters for the Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson card made weight without incident on Friday. The official weigh-in event took place as part of the Arnold Sports Festival at the Columbus Convention Center in the Ohio state capital.

Main-event title fighters Dan Henderson and champion Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante each came in a half-pound under the 205-pound title-fight limit at 204.5 pounds. And in the co-main event women's welterweight title bout, champion Marloes Coenen hit the scales on the button at 135 pounds; late-notice challenger Liz Carmouche was 134 pounds.

Feijao (10-2, 3-1 SF), a Brazilian who trains with the Black House team that features UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva, the Nogueira brothers, Strikeforce middleweight champ Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo, top UFC heavyweight contender Junior dos Santos and a host of others, puts his light heavyweight title on the line for the first time. In August, he upset Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal with a third-round TKO to win the belt, giving him his thrid straight win and sixth in seven fights.

Henderson (26-8, 1-1 SF) looks to add another piece of hardware to an impressive collection. The two-time Olympian has held Pride titles in two weight classes and has won tournaments in the UFC, Pride and RINGS. After spending most of his career in Pride, Henderson returned to the UFC in 2007. He lost his first two fights to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Silva, but rebounded for three straight wins before leaving when his contract was up for Strikeforce. Though he lost a middleweight title fight to Jake Shields, who then vacated the belt and left for the UFC, Henderson scored a big knockout of Renato "Babalu" Sobral in December to get his title shot with Feijao.

Coenen also defends her title for the first time since taking it from Sarah Kaufman with an armbar submission in October. Coenen was scheduled to fight Miesha Tate, but an injury forced Tate off the card. Carmouche, a U.S. Marine, is unbeaten in five career fights, including a TKO of Jan Finney in a Strikeforce Challengers show in November.

With the exception of Josh Thornburg, who trains with the Diaz Brothers in Stockton, Calif., all the fighters on the preliminary card are Ohioans. The prelims' most notable fighter is Jorge Gurgel, who looks to snap a two-fight skid against late replacement Billy Vaughan, who stepped in after Tyler Combs bowed out with an injury on Tuesday. Gurgel, a seven-fight UFC veteran, won his Strikeforce debut against Conor Heun in June 2009. But he dropped a decision to Evangelista his next time out, and in August he was knocked out by KJ Noons at the promotion's Houston event.

Main Card

Rafael Cavalcante (204.5) vs. Dan Henderson (204.5)
    Liz Carmouche (134) vs. Marloes Coenen (135)
    Tim Kennedy (186) vs. Melvin Manhoef (185)
    Billy Evangelista (155.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (155)

Preliminary Card

Roger Bowling (170) vs. Josh Thornburg (170)
    Jorge Gurgel (155) vs. Billy Vaughan (152.5)
    Jason Riley (259) vs. Jason Freeman (221.5)
    Brian Rogers (184.5) vs. Ian Rammel (180.5)
    Marc Cofer (185) vs. Mitch Whitesel (182.5)
    JP Felty (170.5) vs. John Kuhner (170.5)
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Ben benieuwd naar de video's

vCash

Wees jezelf want er zijn al zoveel anderen

vCash

thanks
    ziet er weer uit als een leuke card
    laatste tijd doen ze dat stukken beter dan ufc
    heel netjes

vCash

Van Martijn's Facebook:

Two of Strikeforce's world champions could get two very different fights at "Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson."

Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante, who defeated Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal this past August to earn the light heavyweight belt, may have the hardest contest of his career against former dual-division PRIDE champion and perennial contender Dan Henderson.

Marloes Coenen, who defeated Sarah Kaufman one month later to win the women's welterweight title, faces an uncertain test in the unheralded Liz Carmouche.

"Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson" takes place Saturday at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, and the evening's main card airs live on Showtime.

Cavalcante (10-2 MMA, 3-1 SF) said he's been preparing for a long night against Henderson (26-8 MMA, 1-1 SF), who's twice gone five, five-minute rounds and gone the distance countless times in non-title fights. Cavalcante has never gone the distance in his professional career. Of course, he's never had to - all but two of his fights have ended with a barrage of his fists and knees.

"Cardio could be the key in the fight, but I've been training five rounds with different sparring partners, so I'll be ready," Cavalcante assured reporters during a conference call in support of the event.

So in the gym, he's been doing a lot of shark tanks to prepare for one shark. Lucky for him, he trains with no less than three fighters who have defeated Henderson: twin brothers and former PRIDE stars Antonio Rodrigo and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, as well as current UFC middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva. Between all of them, he thinks he knows what to expect.

Henderson, of course is known for stalking his opponents as he looks to land a big right hand, and when things get close, that's when the body locks and trip-takedowns come into play. From there, it's ground and pound all day. The blueprint of his strategy has been known for many, many years.

Cavalcante's strategy is more of a work in progress. He loves to end fights on his feet, but the other parts of his game are still in development. He's worked to bring his wrestling to the level of his Silva-like blend of striking and Muay Thai clinch-centered attacks, and in winning the title against Lawal, he managed to get back to his feet after being taken down by the former collegiate wrestling standout. But Henderson has far more experience than the relatively untested Lawal, and the two practice completely different wrestling styles. So Cavalcante will need to bring something different to the table this time around.

"It doesn't really matter if I'm fighting for a title or I'm defending a title," Cavalcante said. "It's really about the fighter, and every fighter has different strategies that they are going to throw at you. Of course, my strategy will differ for this fight as opposed to when I fought 'King Mo.' Every fight is different, and it doesn't really make a difference if I'm fighting for a title or defending one."

Henderson gives no illusions about what his strategy will be. Like most of his fights, his aim is to separate his opponents from consciousness with his right hand. But given Cavalcante's reputation for being a terror at range, he might want to take the fight horizontal.

After a lackluster middleweight championship fight with Jake Shields that ultimately ended in disappointment, Henderson is not going to make the mistake he made then by banking too much on finishing the fight early. He can break Cavalcante just the same by grinding him out on the mat if that big right hand doesn't land off the bat.

In his most recent performance, he shrugged off his Shields demon this past December by shucking former champion Renato "Babalu" Sobral to the mat and throttling him with punches for a first-round knockout. Leverage could be his friend once again if he gets caught in a neck tie as he did against Silva in the UFC before moving to Strikeforce.

"I'm definitely prepared to go the full five rounds," Henderson said. "It was good for me to not have the full nine to 10-month break between fights, though the holidays didn't help. I've stepped it up a notch as far as my conditioning."

Coenen prepares for the unknown against Carmouche

Strikeforce women's welterweight champion Marloes Coenen had it all worked out until this past week. She had prepared for a known commodity in standout grappler in Meisha Tate, and she had undoubtedly done all the sprawling and shrimping she could in the gym.

Then Tate suffered a knee injury in training and was forced to withdraw from the contest. Coenen (18-4 MMA, 2-1 SF) couldn't just give up the fight and a payday without an idea of when she'd compete again, so she agreed to meet short-notice replacement Liz Carmouche (5-0 MMA, 2-0 SF).

As Coenen noted in a teleconference in support of the fight, there isn't a lot of tape to scout on Carmouche, apart from the challenger's most recent appearance in her Strikeforce debut against former contender Jan Finney. That ended in a TKO win when Carmouche pounded Finney out in the third round. So what is there to judge?

"If you are well-rounded in all the areas of the game (it won't be a problem)," Coenen said. "It will be a fierce fight, but there will be no problems for me. I'm looking forward to it and I'm all pumped up."

Carmouche, a retired Marine who served two tours of duty in Iraq, has the advantage of having plenty of footage to study, though she doesn't have the luxury of time in drilling down a game plan. Does that even things out with the champion?

Either way, the challenger thinks she has the skills to prevail, even on short notice.

"Nothing about her game concerns me," Carmouche said. "I try to stay well-rounded and well-developed, but she's the best in the world, so of course there's always that concern. But I feel like I'm ready for that challenge."

It is, however, Carmouche's first big-time fight, a co-headlining bout against the tall and long Coenen. She also has less than a fourth of the champ's professional experience in the cage. That might rattle anyone's nerves.

"I think one thing that goes in my favor is my military experience," Carmouche said. "Jitters aren't something that you can have when you're out in Iraq with your weapon. So that definitely works in my favor."

Coenen most recently armbarred Sarah Kaufman to take the 135-pound title this past October and weathered an early storm from the hard-charging Canadian before her finish. If Carmouche decides to play it safe and take way the reach disparity, that could open up submission opportunities. If it stays on the feet, she'll be able to pick away at range and pick up points.

There are options for both, so the only way to pick out an advantage is by the oldest way possible: the r�sum�.

In other main card action, one-time middleweight contender Tim Kennedy (12-3 MMA, 3-1 SF) takes on short-notice replacement Melvin Manhoef (24-8-1 MMA, 0-1 SF). It's not hard to predict this one. Kennedy is a talented ground-and-pound artist, and Manhoef is a one-punch knockout threat. Kennedy will try to take the fight down, and Manhoef will try to knock his head off. The longer the fight goes, the more it favors Kennedy.

Additionally, homegrown Strikeforce prospect Billy Evangelista (11-0 MMA, 7-0 SF) meets Bellator and Sengoku veteran Jorge Masvidal (20-6 MMA, 2-0 SF) in what could be a final vetting before the winner gets a big-name opponent.

MAIN CARD

? Champ Rafael Cavalcante vs. Dan Henderson (for light-heavyweight title)
    ? Champ Marloes Coenen vs. Liz Carmouche (for women's welterweight title)
    ? Tim Kennedy vs. Melvin Manhoef
    ? Billy Evangelista vs. Jorge Masvidal PRELIMINARY CARD

? Roger Bowling vs. Josh Thornburg
    ? Billy Vaughan vs. Jorge Gurgel
    ? Jason "Jay" Freeman vs. Jason Riley
    ? Ian Rammel vs. Brian Rogers
    ? Marc Cofer vs. Mitch Whitesel
    ? J.P. Felty vs. John Kuhner For the latest on "Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson ," stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

vCash

Last edited by Ger Maan; 05-03-2011 at 11:49.

vCash

vCash

Goeiemoggel allen.

vCash

Ik ben benieuwd wat Henderson nog in de tank heeft zitten.

vCash

kunnen we nog ergens kijken
    ACAB

vCash

zijn de prlims no ergens te streamen?

vCash

iemand een linkje naar de ppv zelf?

vCash

Aardige pot vooralsnog om mee te starten.

vCash

mwa aardig idd
    Exitus Acta Probat
    don`t cry about shit, take ownership!!!
    hard werken,hard trainen en genieten van het leven!!!

vCash

wat een gare gevecht.

vCash

saaie laatste ronde
    Exitus Acta Probat

vCash

alleen maar jabs gegeven.

vCash

wie heeft een link voor me?

vCash

vCash

topic titel aangepast , zodat er ovder de partijen gesproken kan worden.
    Exitus Acta Probat

vCash

melvin melvin!!!!!!
    Exitus Acta Probat

vCash

sorry

vCash

Wrm is Marloes Coenen zo lekker,
    en der tegenstander zo lelijk?

vCash

Daar komt Manhoef. Hopelijk slaat hij em hard KO. Anders is het echt voorbij denk ik.

vCash

warrr melvin