MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Rashad Evans: ''Fedor Lost Because Priest Didn't Come In''

Rashad Evans appeared on last night's edition of PRO MMA Radio, the official radio show of FightLine.com, and gave an interesting theory as to why Russian heavyweight great Fedor Emelianenko lost for the second straight time this past Saturday night at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva to Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva. According to Evans, Emelianenko was upset before the fight because his priest had not yet arrived.

"I have someone close to the situation who was working with Bigfoot," said Evans. "They said that Fedor was all upset because his priest didn't come in. You know, he always has a priest for every one of his fights, and the priest didn't come in or came in late, and it really messed him up mentally.

"When he came out, he seemed to be showing more emotion than he normally does. Normally he has a straight face, but he looked like he was mad, not like the typical Fedor we see."

While Fedor was able to secure the first round on two of the judges scorecards, Silva was able to dominate the last holder of the PRIDE heavyweight championship in the second round. The contest was stopped at the conclusion of the round due to damage Fedor had suffered to his right eye, which was swollen shut.

"That second round, when he [Fedor] broke, I would have never imagined," said Evans. "I would have never imaging that it would have happened to Fedor, but this is the fight business, anything can happen."

Meanwhile, the career of the Russian legend remains unclear after he hinted after the fight that his career as a fighter may be over.

"I want to thank for you for your support," said Fedor after the fight. "Something was wrong from the beginning. I didn't adjust. Maybe it is time to leave."

When pressed in the cage afterward by Showtime announcer, Gus Johnson, whether this was indeed the last time he would fight, the revered Fedor said, "Yes, maybe this is last time, maybe it's high time [to retire]. I had a great, beautiful sporting life. Yes, maybe it's time. Thank you very much for the support. Thank God for everything."

Fedor Distraught Before Bout With Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva - FightLine.com
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

tja als dat het gebruikelijke is wat je voor een partij doet en het gebeurd dit keer, om wat voor reden dan ook niet, kan ik me voorstellen dat je uit je vaste rituele patroon gehaald bent, dit neemt natuurlijk niet weg dat hij de partij alsnog verloren zou kunnen hebben....
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Hij is pas sinds zijn huwelijk zo gelovig. Daarom is de naam veranderd van red devil naar M1

vCash

Het zal vast wel een zeker effect hebben gehad op hem, maar ik vind niet dat je zomaar kan zeggen dat hij 'm daarom heeft verloren. hij zag er niet bepaald fit uit, tenminste niet zoals ik van hem gewend ben

vCash

Pure speculatie. Hoe graag ik 't ook wil geloven, ik waag me er niet aan.

vCash

Adriaaaaaan !!!!!!!!

MIXFIGHT.NL zegt: Het is eenzaam hier aan de top!!

vCash

whehe. die priester moest later komen tijdens het gevecht. dan zou dat 'speciale krachten' opwekken bij Fedor
    NOK SU COW! NOK SU COW!

blijft klote dat hij heeft verloren, nogsteeds een rotgevoel
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi76 View Post
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark