MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Default Looking to train in Holland

I am looking for any advice on where to look for training muay thai/kickboxing in Holland. My background is wrestling and BJJ. However I am very focused on developing my striking. If anyone has any advice they could give me about what gyms allow Americans to come train for a month or so that would be great. I feel that if you want to get better at something you go to where it is most perfected. I also am in a fortunate situation that I could probably find a place to stay if need be.

Thanks for your time

Rob
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

i would say mike's gym in amsterdam

vCash

Chakuriki Amsterdam
    Vos Gym
    Golden Glory

vCash

It all depends on where you want to stay in Holland. Lots of great gyms to choose from I would say...

100% BAD ASS #elBastardoStyle

vCash

Fight & Power Academy in Amerfoort!
    http://www.bjjapeldoorn.nl

Check voor foto's en updates!

vCash

I would go below the rivers, people are much nicer here :P Also I hear above the rivers they dont allow Americans in their gyms.

vCash

`Make your body your machine`Train hard fight easy`Pain is temporary pride forever`
    `May god have mercy upon my enemies because in won't`Go hard or go home`Better sweat in training than bleed in battle`there is no substitute for victory

vCash

Fpa is the best for i think,

vCash

kickboxing wierden, it's probably the best gym in holland:P

vCash

dan wordt hij waarschijnlijk nog slechter dan dat die was:P

vCash

Calmaro Gym.
    Responsible for the stand-up of TUF7 winner Amir Sadollah, and Bellator contender & All-American Nik Fekete.
    Fighting is poetry in motion

vCash

I would base myself in Amsterdam as you have numerous Gym's to choose from, and the environment is very international.

Vos Gym (also MMA training so you can keep up the ground game a bit)
    Mike's Gym (same thing)
    Chakuriki
    Mejiro
    All have experience with foreign fighters. All have different styles and run their gyms differently. So I would pass by most of them a couple of times the first week and then make a decision.......

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by el bastardo View Post
    It all depends on where you want to stay in Holland. Lots of great gyms to choose from I would say...
    x2

vCash

Thank you all for this. I cant respond to any of the private messages due to being so new to the board. I have 2 guys at my gym training for fights and I'm heavily involved in their camps. Once they give me their fight dates I can figure out when I can travel. Probably in the late spring. Id like to spend a month over there. Ive done the typical tourist stuff in the past so my only concern while there is training. I just need to figure out what I can afford. Im willing to sleep on a floor every day in someones house as long as I am training. As well as returning this favor here in America.

vCash

One month of training shouldn't be expensive at all. Finding a place to sleep would be your biggest concern, though there are many cheap places you can sleep in Amsterdam.

Like the others said, every gym has it's own style so maybe you should visit more then one before you choose.

I'm sure you will learn a lot.

vCash

So I made a decision and I am going to train at Kickingboxing Arnhem with Fred Royers. My biggest problem now is finding some place very cheap to stay. If anyone knows of anything in that area worth checking out or even a floor I could sleep on for the month of June please email me [email protected] . I still haven't made enough posts to answer private messages.

Thanks again. This forum really helped me out.

vCash

Fred Royers is avery good choice I suppose. Hope you find a place to stay soon!

vCash

Fred Royers is really cool place to train. Theres a good BJJ teacher there as well, so you can do some ground as well.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Briant View Post
    Fred Royers is really cool place to train. Theres a good BJJ teacher there as well, so you can do some ground as well.

vCash

Amsterdam?
    Group training at Mousid gym
    Pads training with Frits Werner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Briant View Post
    Yea I couldn't find anything on who instructed their BJJ but thats great to hear.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by robsullivan View Post
    Yea I couldn't find anything on who instructed their BJJ but thats great to hear.
    Fred had a guy from Australia train at his gym for about two months and I believe that guy even spent some time sleeping at the gym. IF you want to stay for a month or longer I would recommend you try to get a place through Fred since I don't think spending your dollars on hotels/hostels is the cheapest/best way of staying over here for a month.

That being said, I think you made a great choice by training at Fred Royers. The man is a veteran trainer, has been an fighter and world champion himself, has trained loads of good/great fighters and a vast amount of knowledge of the game, both boxing and kickboxing.
    If you want to keep up your BJJ, Fred has a Dutch black belt - Willem Peters - who teaches two, two hour, classes a week and who is an experienced tournament-fighter himself.

Anyway, hope to see you some time during spring.
    "I hope you've bet on me cuz this is going to last about diez secundos baby!"

vCash

Fred has a lot of knowledge wise choice

vCash

The Ausie who trained at Kickboxing Arnhem (was suposed to train 2 months but it became almost a year) later stayed at a room next to the gym as a kind of house guard. If you come to Arnhem we'll find out where you must be for such a place.

See you soon in Arnhem!

vCash

here you go check thise site and transelate:\

http://kickboksen.startpagina.nl/