MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    vCash

Chael Sonnen, Chris Leben Asked to Fight Rashad Evans at UFC 133

As UFC President Dana White scrambled to find a replacement to step in and fight Rashad Evans in the UFC 133 main event, he heard from two volunteers: Chael Sonnen and Chris Leben.

White said on Thursday that after Phil Davis dropped out of the fight with Evans, he got texts from both Sonnen and Leben asking if they could step in. But White never seriously considered putting either one of them in the cage with Evans, since Evans is a light heavyweight and Sonnen and Leben are middleweights.

"Both said they wanted the fight. I told them both they weigh 185 pounds but thanks for texting," White said.

White said that the fighter who ended up taking the Evans fight, Tito Ortiz, was the UFC's first choice to fill in for the UFC 133 main event, but that it took some time to get Ortiz to accept. The other fighter White contacted, Lyoto Machida, initially expressed interest but later said he wanted more money to take a fight on short notice.

Leben and Sonnen were the only two fighters who approached White about fighting Evans.

"Those were the only two," White said. "Two 185-pounders did it."

White said he wasn't sure what he would have done if Ortiz had turned down the fight, but one thing he never considered was dipping into the Strikeforce roster to find a light heavyweight replacement. And White hinted that he doesn't think the Strikeforce light heavyweight division is good enough to produce a legitimate opponent for Evans.

"That never crossed my mind," White said. "At 205 in Strikeforce, who would I grab who could come in and fight Rashad Evans?"
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Dana White: Lyoto Machida Demanded More Money, Tito Ortiz Didn't

UFC President Dana White said on Thursday that the reason Tito Ortiz -- rather than Lyoto Machida -- is fighting Rashad Evans at UFC 133 is simple: Machida demanded a pay raise to take the fight, while Ortiz was willing to take the fight without renegotiating his contract first.

White sounded upset about his dealings with Machida, saying that Machida has been asking for a fight and initially agreed to take on Evans, but that his representatives later came back to White and told him Machida would only take the fight if he got a pay raise to pay him as much money as UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva makes.

"Lyoto Machida has been terrorizing me for a long time for a fight and saying he wanted a fight," White said, adding that when he first proposed the Evans bout to Machida, "He accepted the fight."

But when White talked to Machida's management, he was told, "If you pay us Anderson Silva money we'll take this fight."

"I opted not to pay him Anderson Silva money and told him, 'When you accomplish all the things Anderson Silva has accomplished, we'll pay you Anderson Silva money.'"

"Lots of crazy things happen in this business," White said. "Usually when stuff like that happens you know the guys it's going to happen with ... I did not expect that from Lyoto Machida."

Ortiz, however, was willing to fight Evans without any negotiation.

"Tito did not ask for any more money," White said. "People were asking, 'Did he go for more money?' Tito didn't get any more money. He didn't get anything. He had the same deal, a regular fight, we called him up and said, 'Tito, this is your next fight.'"

If Ortiz could do the unthinkable and follow his upset victory over Ryan Bader with an upset of Evans, White says Ortiz could be close to challenging for the light heavyweight belt, eight years after he lost that belt to Randy Couture.

"Tito is stepping up and he's taking a big fight on short notice, and I respect that," White said. "It would definitely put Tito in the mix. I wouldn't say he's necessarily the No. 1 contender after this fight, but he's Top 3."

vCash

vCash

Default Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Out of UFC 133; Rich Franklin Awaits New Opponent

The game of musical chairs that has become UFC 133 continued late Saturday night.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira has been forced out of his fight with Rich Franklin. UFC president Dana White announced the news about "Little Nog" on Twitter late Saturday night and said the UFC was working on a replacement to face Franklin.

According to the Brazilian website Tatame, a shoulder injury in training is what has Nogueira (19-5, 2-2 UFC) shut down.

Earlier this week, Phil Davis had to bow out of his main event fight against Rashad Evans. Tito Ortiz turned down the chance to fill in on short notice, and Lyoto Machida did the same. Ortiz then reconsidered and took the fight. And Davis was only in the fight to begin with because light heavyweight champion Jon Jones pulled out of a planned first title defense against Evans.

Also this week, Vladimir Matyushenko pulled out of his fight with Alexander Gustafsson and was replaced by Matt Hamill. The event has also seen several other changes on the preliminary card.

Franklin (28-6, 1 NC, 13-5 UFC) will now await a possible new opponent for the Aug. 6 card, which will take place in Philadelphia. Franklin is 2-3 in his last five fights, but they all have come against fellow legends of the sport. He has suffered losses to Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort and Forrest Griffin. But his two wins, against Wanderlei Silva and Chuck Liddell, have both won fight night bonus awards.

Nogueira would have been trying to end a two-fight skid after unanimous decision losses to Ryan Bader at UFC 119 and Davis earlier this year at Fight Night 24's main event. At UFC 114, Nogueira beat Jason Brilz by split decision in what many considered to be one of the year's biggest robberies.

UFC 133 now includes a rematch between Evans and Ortiz, Franklin against an unknown opponent and Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama. The main card airs live on pay-per-view at 9 p.m. Eastern and will be preceded by a pair of fights on Spike TV at 8 p.m.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Out of UFC 133; Rich Franklin Awaits New Opponent
    Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten.

vCash

Wie zal het tegen Franklin opnemen?!?
    Ik zeg ''UFC BRING IN MOUSASI!!!!''
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

couture misschien nog...

vCash

With Antonio Rogerio Nogueria Out, Rich Franklin Also Pulled From UFC 133

UFC 133 has become one of the more injury-riddled cards in recent memory.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira had to pull out with an injury, which the UFC announced Saturday. And that will now mean his opponent, Rich Franklin, will be off the card altogether. The UFC made the announcement Sunday afternoon.

Nogueira-Franklin was scheduled to be the co-main event of the Aug. 6 show in Philadelphia. But with apparently no opponent available to fight Franklin on three weeks notice, the UFC was forced to scratch the former middleweight champion, as well. In its place, a middleweight fight between Vitor Belfort and Yoshihiro Akiyama has moved up a spot on the card to co-main status.

With a spot open on the main card, the UFC said a welterweight fight between Dennis Hallman and Brian Ebersole, who have 129 career professional fights between them, will be moved to the televised pay-per-view.

The original main event of UFC 133, the promotion's first trip to Philadelphia since UFC 101, was to be Jon Jones' first light heavyweight title defense, and it was to come against former friend and training partner Rashad Evans. But Jones pulled out soon after the fight was announced, expecting to need hand surgery.

Evans took a fight with Phil Davis on the card. Jones subsequently elected to pass on the surgery and took a fight with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in September. Last week, Davis pulled out of his fight with Evans with an injury and was replaced by the suddenly relevant again Tito Ortiz.

Also last week, Vladimir Matyushenko pulled out of a light heavyweight fight against Alexander Gustafsson and was replaced by Matt Hamill.

UFC 133 will take place at the Wells Fargo Center. Aside from the pay-per-view, which starts at 9 p.m. Eastern on Aug. 6, there will be a pair of fights on Spike TV starting at 8 p.m. Eastern – Hamill-Gustafsson and Mendes-Rani Yahya. And once again, for the seventh straight event, the unaired prelims will be streamed live on Facebook.

vCash

Default Rashad Evans and the road to UFC 133 (VIDEO)

vCash

thanks!
    "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

vCash

Dana White Doesn't Rule Out Tito Ortiz as No.1 Contender With a UFC 133 Win

The UFC light-heavyweight championship fight between title-holder Jon Jones and challenger Quinton "Rampage" Jackson doesn't take place for another two months, but everyone already wants to know who's on deck for the fighter who emerges with the strap.

During a Tuesday press conference in Denver to officially announce the fight headlining UFC 135, UFC president Dana White confirmed that if Rashad Evans beats Tito Ortiz at August 6's UFC 133, he'll be the next man to challenge for gold. That decision seems quite logical. But what happens if Ortiz pulls off his second straight upset?

While White stopped short of saying Ortiz would get a title shot for beating Evans, he also didn't rule it out.

"I don't know," White said. "It's tough one. He beats [Ryan] Bader who was ranked, I think 7 or 8. Then he comes back and beats the guy ranked No. 1? I don't know. It's a tough question. Some would say Tito. Some would say he probably has to beat one other guy. I don't know. We'll figure that out when it happens."

The fact that we're even discussing the remote possibility of Ortiz in another title match would have seemed ludicrous just a few weeks ago, when he was mired in a winless streak that stretched back to October 2006.

But at UFC 132, as a massive underdog, he upset Bader via submission in just 1:56. A win over Evans would be even more surprising. Though the pair fought to a draw back in July 2007, Evans has gone 5-1 since then, including a run as the UFC champion.

vCash

Rashad Evans, Tyrone Spong, Cosmo Alexandre
    Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Devilprince View Post
    Rashad Evans, Tyrone Spong, Cosmo Alexandre
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/phot...savAYprHtig%3D
    is dit een recente foto? en is het in NL genomen?
    trouwens... rashad is goed afgetraind zeg!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbringer320 View Post
    die laatste min. van die filmpje whaha ik ga kapot van het lachen... rashad doet net alsof die een killer is whaahaa en boos is en terwijl die vaker OP dec. wint dan vroegtijdig

vCash

Default Vitor Belfort: UFC 133 Pre-Fight Interview, with TONS of Training Footage

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Petrosyan188 View Post
    die laatste min. van die filmpje whaha ik ga kapot van het lachen... rashad doet net alsof die een killer is whaahaa en boos is en terwijl die vaker OP dec. wint dan vroegtijdig
    volgens mij ziet elk idioot dat hij acteerd....

vCash

Paul Bradley vs. Rafael Natal Slated for UFC 133

Rafael Natal will remain on the UFC 133 card after all, and his new opponent will be former TUF cast member Paul Bradley, according to sources close to the event.

Hours after Alessio Sakara's injury forced the UFC to -- once again -- shuffle the card, the organization decided to match up Natal's original opponent, Constantinos Philippou, against Jorge Rivera and signed Bradley to fight "Sapo."

Bradley (16-2, 1 NC) has won his last three in a row while bouncing around different organizations. He lost to Strikeforce middleweight contender Luke Rockhold on a Challengers show last February.

A cast member of the seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter, Bradley had to leave the show early after suffering from a breakout of Herpes Gladiatorum, which was an infectious rash on his neck.

Natal (12-3-1) is 0-1-1 in the UFC. He was supposed to fight Sakara at UFC Live on Versus 3 but a knee injury forced him out of the bout.

UFC 133, headlined by Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz, airs on Aug. 6 from Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

vCash

Jorge Rivera Confirms Injury to Sakara, Will Now Face Philippou

The UFC is on the hunt for a new UFC 133 opponent for Jorge Rivera, after his scheduled foe Alessio Sakara was injured in training.

Rivera confirmed the shakeup on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, saying that he got the call at 11:30 a.m. ET.

"I thought it was a joke," he said. "I couldn't believe it."

Rivera's shock came due to the history between the men, as this is the third proposed fight between the duo that has had to be scuttled due to injury.

The first bout was supposed to happen at UFC 118 in August 2010, but an arm injury forced Rivera to withdraw. Then, it was rescheduled as the co-main event of UFC 122. On the day of the fight, Sakara came down with flu-like symptoms and could not compete, scrapping the bout.

This time, it's a knee injury that has scratched the seemingly cursed matchup.

Rivera said that he believes the UFC will match him with Constantinos Philippou, who made his organizational debut on short-notice at UFC 128, losing a decision to Nick Catone. Philippou is already scheduled to be on UFC 133, against Rafael Natal.

Rivera said that he believes Philippou would make for a good style matchup and exciting fight, even if he will have to do some last-minute homework to prepare for an unexpected foe.

"I don't need the excitement, to be honest," he said. "It's coming and I'm sure he'll be pumped. He's going from the undercard to main card, fighting a bigger name. He'll come ready to fight. But this keeps me on my toes. I just want to have a good fight and give the fans something to cheer about and get excited about."

UPDATE: The UFC has since confirmed Philippou as Rivera's new opponent.

In his last fight, Rivera suffered a second-round TKO at the hands of Michael Bisping. Afterward, Rivera seemed to entertain the possibility of retirement, but he said on Monday that he would take a cautious approach to his future

"Honestly what I was saying is I live day-to-day," he said. "If I were to get smashed I'd contemplate it. If I smash him, I'll take the next fight and keep rolling. I'm not going to make rash decisions ahead of time. We'll see how it goes."

vCash

Tito Ortiz Involved In Car Accident, UFC 133 Main Event Still On

The injury stricken UFC 133 card almost claimed another victim today. Tito Ortiz crashed his Rolls Royce Phantom, but luckily, the 'Huntington Beach Bad Boy' came out unscathed. TMZ reported on the crash:
    UFC fighter Tito Ortiz -- and his super-expensive Rolls Royce Phantom -- were involved in a 3-car collision in Costa Mesa, CA this weekend ... and while no one was hurt, Tito says he cried anyway.
    It all went down near a Denny's restaurant Sunday afternoon. It's unclear who was at fault, but Tito was seen shaking hands with one of the people involved in the wreck moments after the collision.

Tito Ortiz tweeted about the accident shortly after:

I cried a little because its my favorite car but it will be new n no time.

vCash

nou die zit aardig in elkaar!

vCash

vCash

Na de paycheck van UFC 133 kan hij vast wel een nieuwe Rolls kopen

vCash

Alessio Sakara Explains Knee Injury That Forced Him Out of UFC 133

Alessio Sakara released a statement Tuesday morning explaining the knee injury that forced him to pull out of his UFC 133 fight against Jorge Rivera less than two weeks before the fight.

"I tried to ignore the pain until now, thinking I had just sprained the knee," he said. "I kept training without using my legs. I wanted to get to the fight in a good condition somehow, but the MRI diagnosed that I broke my ligaments, and now I can't fight!

"I apologize to all my supporters. Please remember that I am a fighter and that I want to fight for all my life. But now, I must wait until I am fully healed before I can fight again. I hope you all understand."

This marks the third time in a row that a scheduled fight between Sakara and Rivera has been canceled.

First, a proposed UFC 118 fight was scrapped after Rivera pulled out due to a broken arm. Then Sakara was forced to withdraw just hours before their UFC 122bout after succumbing to flu-like symptoms. And on Monday, Rivera informed The MMA Hour audience that a Sakara knee injury had once again called off the fight.

"I thought it was a joke," Rivera said. "I couldn't believe it."

As a result, Rivera will now face Costantinos Philippou on the UFC 133 pay-per-view card.

Sakara (15-8, 1 NC) is coming off a loss to Chris Weidman in March. Prior to that defeat, the 29-year-old Italian had won three in a row. No word on how long he will be sidelined for due to the knee injury.

UFC 133, headlined by Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz, airs live on pay-per-view on Aug. 6 from Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia

vCash

Default Randy Couture Predicts UFC 133

Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 Evans vs Ortiz

Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 Belfort vs Akiyama

Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 Rivera vs Sakara

Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 MacDonald vs Pyle

Randy Couture predicts UFC 133 Mendes vs Yahya

vCash

kutzooi ik haat het een event kijken als ik de uitslag ervan al weet.... akiyama,sakara,macdonald en yahya winnen dus, in het vervolg bij randy couture predictions videos spoiler bijzetten svp.

vCash

Default Tito ortiz gaat winnen ufc 133

even serieus.........

tito ortiz heeft er zin in. bovendien geloof ik niet echt in die evans. tegen rampage speelde hij ook sissieboy.
    tito is on fire en hij kan niet wachten om te vechten. daarom dat hij tegen evans wou
    believe me

evan fans no hatin aight