Repost
    check UFC 133: Rashad Evans vs. TITO ORTIZ
    maar hij verdient wel een eigen thread ,
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Ik poste deze gisteren al ja in de tito evans thread

vCash

Rashad Evans Not Buying 'Tito Is Back' Talk Heading Into UFC 133

PHILADELPHIA -- MMA Fighting spoke to Rashad Evans about his UFC 133 fight against Tito Ortiz on Wednesday. "Suga" talked about competing for the first time in 15 months, whether he had any regrets over the past year and a half, his thoughts on the "Tito is back" talk and whether he has anything to prove on Saturday night.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/rashad-evans-ufc-133-pre-fight-interview/1092878882001
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

The 'Reinvention' of Tito Ortiz

PHILADELPHIA -- Tito Ortiz hadn't even walked out of the cage following his loss to Matt Hamill last October when his phone lit up with a text. On the other end of it was Ortiz's longtime friend and sometime boxing coach Jason Parillo, who had watched the fight from inside the Honda Center in Anaheim, California, not understanding what his eyes were seeing.

Parillo had worked with Ortiz long enough to know something wasn't quite right, and he wanted the chance to help correct it. So he shot off a text, and then he waited.

A return call would come in time, but the impetus for Ortiz to change his camp came not from the winless streak that stretched over years or from a text from a concerned friend. It came because of family. Not long earlier, Ortiz's girlfriend Jenna Jameson gave birth to twin boys. He also has another son from a previous relationship. Ortiz, who detailed a rough upbringing in his 2008 autobiography This Is Gonna Hurt, thought about how quickly his kids were growing and felt a desire to spend more time with them.

Over the previous years, Ortiz had taken his fight camps to Big Bear, California, where he imported coaches and training partners. Parillo was never a part of that. The two would work together when Ortiz was at home, then part ways when he departed for camp. The situation suited both men, but it also turned into a source of frustration for Parillo, who says he often saw his work undone by the time Ortiz got back into the cage.

That was what he felt watching UFC 121 in Anaheim.

"I was like, f---, what are you doing Tito?" Parillo told MMA Fighting. "He was just not fighting like the guy I've watched for so long. I've watched him fight from the beginning of his career, the way he was grinding guys. But that Hamill fight, what I saw was he was not a guy in there to win, he was just a guy in there to survive. I don't know if it was personal problems or injury issues, but he definitely wasn't there to win a fight."

Parillo's message was out of genuine concern. The two grew up nearby and have known each other for around 15 years.

As a longtime boxing coach -- he fought as a pro from 1998-2003, going 8-0 -- Parillo reasons that fighters need to trust the men tasked with guiding them. He knew that given their past, the partnership could work.

"When I hit him up that night after the Hamill fight, I was showing him love," Parillo said. "I was telling him, 'You can still fight. I believe it. You may believe in something but you're not believing in yourself.' We had to get him back to that."

Parillo said he didn't see any of the telltale signs of a washed-up fighter. Ortiz still had good reaction-time, his reflexes were strong. It was something else.

Ortiz now acknowledges that he let self-doubt creep in.

"I think I was reading too much negativity," he told MMA Fighting. "Negativity from [UFC president] Dana [White], negativity from the fans. And I started believing them. Why? I don't need to believe that. Then I started switching things around, I got a new camp and the guys were so damn positive. I was like, You know what? I filled myself with such negativity. Why? Let's do positive, and see what I get out of it, and it's been one good thing after another."

The positive outlook was a big piece of his win over Ryan Bader at UFC 132, he says. But he also credits all the new coaches around him.

Parillo worked on Ortiz's hands, spotlighting his angles, body positioning and balance, realizing it all works together to assist in his striking, standup defense, takedowns and sprawling.

It paid off against Bader when a punch they dubbed the "hookercut" (hook/uppercut hybrid) dropped him and led to the finish.

Working in concert with him was strength and conditioning coach Michael Giovanni Rivera and jiu-jitsu coach Ricardo Abreu. After years of neck and back problems, Ortiz says his health finally returned to normal, allowing him to regain some of the explosiveness that was the hallmark of his early days. He also added strength and power working with Rivera, taking his walkaround weight up to around 235 pounds. Rivera says that wasn't by design, but simply the result of Ortiz "doing the right things."

"He's very, very strong, a lot stronger than before," Rivera said. "How much more in shape he is, it's pretty incredible. He's bigger, he's stronger, more explosive and a lot of power."

The test of all their work will come on short notice, with Ortiz getting just three weeks to prepare for Evans, a fighter with whom he fought to a draw in 2007. Rivera says that will not be a problem, that Ortiz took minimal time off and has maintained his peak performance.

"It's my opinion that he's in better shape than he was for the Bader fight," Rivera said. "He's got fire in his eyes right now. Rashad is going to be real intimidated when he feels his strength and power, that's for sure. And Tito's not going to get tired, I guarantee that, 100 percent."

For his part, Ortiz called himself "reinvented," saying that he's been revitalized by new coaching staff and new training.

Evans, who called his first bout with Ortiz, his "coming-of-age fight," doesn't buy it.

"I'm going to make him feel old and slow," he said.

Ortiz tough, continues on, undeterred, aided by his new partnerships with old friends.

"I know who I am," he said. I'm a former world champion. No light-heavyweight ever defended their world title longer than I have or as many times as I have. In my mind, I know I'm one of the greatest. I know other people don't think that, but in my mind, I know I'm one of the greatest."

vCash

Rashad Evans Says Beating Tito Ortiz Now Doesn't Mean Much

PHILADELPHIA -- There was a time a few years ago when Rashad Evans was crushed he didn't get a rematch with Tito Ortiz in a timely fashion. In fact, Evans said that at the time, the change in plan was so depressing, it affected part of his next training camp. But as time went on, Evans largely forgot about a fight he once greatly desired. As Ortiz struggled, Evans surged, eventually rising to the level of UFC light-heavyweight champion in 2008.

While Ortiz finally found the winning side of the ledger last month, Evans has steadily stayed near the top, and a win at Saturday's UFC 133 will likely earn him a chance to once again fight for the title. But as far as Evans is concerned, that's about all there is to gain here. In his mind, Ortiz has no aura left and his physical skills have deteriorated, making a fight he once craved a simple roadblock on the way back to the title.

"Tito's not the same fighter he was," Evans said. "To me, in my mind, he lost the whole Tito Ortiz thing. He lost it. He hasn't been very consistent. Sometimes he'll look good, sometimes he looks bad. He fell from that level."

Asked if the win would mean as much as it would have meant four years ago, Evans shook his head.

"No," he said. "Not even close."

That doesn't mean that Evans doesn't have any motivation for the fight. After sitting on the sidelines since his win over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson last May, Evans is chomping at the bit to get back in the cage. He also wants to flash the new skills he's picked up working with a new set of coaches, and of course, there's the possibility of gold at the end of his rainbow.

Evans (15-1-1), who famously fought Ortiz to a draw in July 2007, says that match served as a coming-of-age moment for him. It was his first time in the spotlight, in a fight against someone with far more experience than he. He started slowly in that match, losing the first round before picking up steam as he went on. An Ortiz illegal fence grab sealed the draw as he had one point deducted from his score.

Evans took his lessons from the fight and says he has a good handle on what to expect from Ortiz the next time around. He says that between then and now, Ortiz has gotten noticeably worse at some aspects of the game.

"I don't think he's as quick as he used to be, and I don't think he's as explosive as he used to be," he said. "I think that you can see his age in that. The first thing to go when you get start getting older is footwork. And I think his footwork is a little slower than it was back then."

Evans was told that Ortiz recently said that being in Philly, he would make this moment his personal "Rocky" movie. Evans says Tito can say whatever he wants to get himself motivated, but he's still going to have to show up to fight, and there will be no director calling cut "so Rocky can win."

Despite the rematch not meaning quite as much to him as it would have a few years ago, Evans has the chance to put that draw behind him once and for all. Evans sounds like it's a foregone conclusion, like it's a fight that is just a space-holder in his career, rather than one against a former champion.

"I don't have any doubt," he said. "I know what I can do against Tito. Tito knows it. Tito's the one who has all the questions in my opinion, because he had the flash knockdown against Bader before he finished him off. I know he's thinking, 'Man, I wonder what would've happened if this fight would've went on?'"

vCash

vCash

Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pahlavan View Post
    Thanks vet om te zien hoe passionate Bernard Hopkins nog is

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wrestler_nl View Post
    Thanks vet om te zien hoe passionate Bernard Hopkins nog is
    idd mooi om te zien.
    ook respect voor bernard dat hij gewoon zijn trots opzij kan zetten en durft te zeggen dat hij fout zat en dat mma idd respect verdient

vCash

Default Uitslag: Tito Ortiz vs Rashad Evans.

Ik heb erover gedroomd dus jullie hoeven zaterdag niet te kijken.

Tito Ortiz KO's Rashad Evans in the first round. Het wordt wel een vage partij.

Kijken of ik gelijk krijg.

vCash

zegt de man met 11000 vcash en die lid is sinds 2004.

ik vertrouw niet op jou dromen ouwe.
    Home mtk-gym.nl

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thefxr View Post
    hoe laat beginnen de weigh inns?
    normaal gesproken als de events in amerika worden gehouden s nachts om 1 uur als ik me niet vergis...

edit: blijkbaar zat ik ernaast... zie onderstaande post :P
    Last edited by Pahlavan; 05-08-2011 at 22:07.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thefxr View Post
    hoe laat beginnen de weigh inns?

om 22.00 hier is link waarop je het live kan bekijken UFC.TV - UFC® 133 Weigh In

vCash

Over 50 min. Live te volgen op www.ufc.tv
    Max. 400 x 125

vCash

Damn evans is ripped
    weblog voor producers, artiesten en gear lovers: Zerolatency.nl

vCash

vCash

Heeft Rivera nu ook al een tattoo van Jolanthe????

"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."