MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jammer dat Royce niet vecht..
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Default 23/06/11 - Gracie wants seven-figures for appearing at UFC 134

23/06/11 - Gracie wants seven-figures for appearing at UFC 134

Royce Gracie has confirmed that he is looking for at least one million dollars to appear at UFC 134.

Gracie, who won three of the first four UFC tournaments and is one of the fathers of MMA, appeared on Brazilian show Sensei SporTV this week to renew his calls for a spot on the UFC Rio card.

“Matt Hughes in the Octagon in Rio would be ideal. He’s the one I’m after,” Gracie said, hungry for a rematch of their UFC 60 meeting which ended in a first-round TKO win for Hughes. “In that fight with him I’d gone overboard in training. Dad [Helio Gracie] told me ‘That’s a mistake.’”

After the loss Gracie faced some criticism for not having moved with the times and having the same kind of game he had in the very first UFC event, some twelve years previously.

“I’ve been doing Jiu-Jitsu for 44 years. I always kept my mind open to other styles but just to know what I may be up against. I’m not going to learn wrestling to try and take down Matt Hughes,” he said, before outlining his belief that it is better to be deep in one art than shallow in many.

“If I go and train MMA, what does that mean? Training MMA is [for] Kimbo Slice. Can he stand and bang with a boxer? No. Can he put up a good fight on the ground? No. He’s a tough guy, but he’s not good. MMA isn’t a martial art [in itself]. You have to have somewhere you come from, you have to know an art.”

As for his hopes of appearing at UFC 134, there has been no word from the promotion on whether he will be invited to fight, although it doesn’t appear likely as the card is filling up rapidly. Gracie wants a slot badly - but wants top dollar as well.

“Dana White knows what I’m worth; he knows what I bring to the table. Yes, my fight purse has seven digits!” he confirmed with a laugh.
    THE CURE IS FREE, YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE DISEASE.

vCash

ik geloof dat Dana zei: "NO FUCKING WAY"????

vCash

even bij elkaar gezet
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuaa View Post
    Oke zoals je het nu uitlegt spuit de logica er gewoon vanaf haha. Maar als Griffin wint van Shogun denk ik dat hij wel weer als echte contender word beschouwd en dan misschien tegen de verliezer van Davis vs Evsns.
    huh lijkt me een logische uitleg. davis gaat tegen evans voor de contendership en jakckson komt ook in de picture. Maar beide heren zowel shogun als griffin komen nog lang niet voor de contender plaats

vCash

Dan Miller Agrees to Face Rousimar Palhares at UFC 134

Continuing a long trend of stepping into fights on short notice, Dan Miller has accepted a UFC 134 bout with Rousimar Palhares, after Palhares' original opponent Alexandre Ferreira was removed from the bout for undisclosed reasons.

The UFC confirmed the change on Wednesday afternoon.

Miller is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Nate Marquardt at UFC 128 in his home state of New Jersey. Marquardt had been expected to face Yoshihiro Akiyama at the event, but Akiyama withdrew after an earthquake and tsunami devastated his home country of Japan. Miller stepped into that fight with just one week's notice.

Prior to that, Miller had won two straight fights, with a decision win over Joe Doerksen and submission victory over John Salter. The latter of those two fights was again a short-notice bout, with Miller replacing an injured Phil Baroni.

Miller is 13-5 with 1 no decision in his pro career.

Palhares is attempting to win his second straight after defeating Dave Branch via submission in March. Palhares is 12-3 in his career, and has won four of his last five UFC bouts.

This is the second time a Palhares-Ferreira bout has been called off. The two had been expected to fight in March, but Ferreira pulled out six weeks before that, after floods in Brazil resulted in casualties to his friends and family.

UFC 134 will be on Palhares' home turf, taking place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The main event features a middleweight title match pitting champion Anderson Silva against challenger Yushin Okami.

vCash

Mooi, deze kaart is nu net iets beter met Palhares. Miller is ook een leuke tegenstander.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by remco pardoel View Post
    Jammer dat Royce niet vecht..
    Daar had ik wel een PPV voor over gehad!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by basblue View Post
    Daar had ik wel een PPV voor over gehad!
    Echt? Ik zelf heb echt geen behoefte om hem nog in actie te zien eigenlijk tenzij het tegen Sakuraba ofzo is. Royce heeft niets meer te bewijzen, hij is een legende maar heeft geen relevantie meer vandaag de dag.
    Aoki - Hellboy - Gomi - Diaz Bros - GSP - Sonnen - Barnett

vCash

ben benieuwd naar die bulgaar nedkov

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mule-Kick View Post
    Echt? Ik zelf heb echt geen behoefte om hem nog in actie te zien eigenlijk tenzij het tegen Sakuraba ofzo is. Royce heeft niets meer te bewijzen, hij is een legende maar heeft geen relevantie meer vandaag de dag.
    x2 Hoewel het wel leuk was geweest, doet het wat afbreuk aan zijn status als ie dan verliest.

vCash

Brazilians Raphael Assuncao and Johnny Eduardo Meet at UFC 134 in Rio

Veteran Brazilian fighter Johnny Eduardo has signed with the UFC and will make his debut with the promotion in his home country at UFC 134 next month.

The company announced late Sunday on its UFC Brazil Twitter feed Eduardo has signed on for a bantamweight fight against Raphael Assuncao in Rio de Janeiro.

Assuncao had been rumored for a fight against Strikeforce and Dream vet Darren Uyenoyama, but that fight never materialized. Instead, Eduardo (25-8) will make his promotional debut against a fellow Brazilian.

Eduardo will enter UFC 134 riding an 11-fight winning streak. His last loss came four years ago at a Shooto event in Brazil. Though most of his 33 career fights have been in his native Brazil, Eduardo does have one Stateside fight, a unanimous decision win over Donald Sanchez at Bellator 3. Nineteen of Eduardo's 25 career wins have been by stoppage.

After going 3-2 in the WEC, Assuncao (16-4, 0-1 UFC) made his UFC debut in March with a knockout loss to Erik Koch, who had taken the fight on a month's notice for an injured Manny Gamburyan. Assuncao has just one win since 2009 – a decision victory over LC Davis at WEC 52 last November. The Atlanta-based Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt will be making his bantamweight debut, dropping down from featherweight.

UFC 134 will take place Aug. 27 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. It will be the promotion's first event in Brazil since UFC Ultimate Brazil in 1998. The pay-per-view card is headlined by a middleweight title fight between Brazil's Anderson Silva and the last man to beat him, Japan's Yushin Okami.

In addition, the main card features a light heavyweight bout between former champions Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Forrest Griffin and a heavyweight fight between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Brendan Schaub. Of the 12 bouts on the card, 11 involve Brazilian fighters. All told, 13 Brazilians will are scheduled to compete at the event, a new high-water mark for a UFC show.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by el lobo View Post
    Ik ben echt benieuwd naar Silva's gevecht, die gast is zo onberenbaar. Tegen Chael Sonnen werd hij 5 rondes helemaal gedomineerd maar op het laatste moment haalt hij er toch nog een submission uit, je moet hem echt geen seconde uit het oog verliezen want dan zie je vogeltjes om je hooft vliegen. Het is niet mijn stijl maar zijn finishes zijn altijd wel spectaculair en ik snap ook wel dat je niet 5 rondes lang vol gas kan vechten zeker niet als je riem op het spel staat.
    Silva is gewoon de beste. Tegen Sonnen moest ie het afleggen op worstelen, wat logish is. Hij wachte tot juiste moment om toe te slaan.
    Hij heeft de beste worstelaars, kickboxers, alles en iedereen verslagen. kortom...the best!

vCash

Nee, hij heeft niets meer te bewijzen. Maarop een of andere manier vind ik het nog steeds leuk om de legendes in actie te zien. Natuurlijk wel tegen tegenstanders van ongeveer zelfde leeftijd/niveau. Ik zou een seniore klasse niet erg vinden. En ja, ik kan het optreden van een royce wel in een ander perspectief plaatsen, dan zijn gevechten in bv ufc1,2,3. Suraba zou leuk zijn.
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

War Okami, Shogun en Big Nog!

vCash

War silva en shogun!

vCash

idd na ufc 60 was dat heel duidelijk geworden. en het spreekwoord dat ie 'ages like a fine wine' gaat niet op. meer in de richting van melk.
    hij zei het alleen maar om publiciteit te scoren. niemand wil 10 mio neertellen om een (sport-gerelateerd) hoogbejaarde te zien, die na 20 jaar nog steeds geen klap kan uitdelen.
    Royce is de godfather of mma en nu ook de grandfather.

vCash

War Silva, Forrest, Nog.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Company View Post
    War Okami, Shogun en Big Nog!

vCash

Knee Injury Halts Mike Swick's UFC 134 Comeback Fight

Mike Swick's return to the Octagon has again been put on hold.

The welterweight, who has been out of action since UFC 109 in February 2010, has been forced out of UFC 134 later this month with a knee injury. The UFC made the announcement late Thursday, and Swick confirmed the news on his official Twitter feed.

Swick's opponent, Erick Silva, is awaiting a new opponent. The UFC said an announcement will be made soon for a new fight for the Brazilian, who is making his UFC debut.

Swick (14-4, 9-3 UFC) said on Twitter he suffered the injury while wrestling: "Yes rumors are true. I tore my knee today wrestling. Will get MRI results in am but Dr thinks torn MCL, ACL and possibly meniscus. Got my health and size back and was having best fight camp of my career then one small twist during training. Can't catch a break sometimes."

Swick has dropped two straight fights after starting his UFC career 9-1. After his first UFC loss, a unanimous decision to Yushin Okami at UFC 69, the TUF 1 competitor dropped down from middleweight to welterweight and rattled off four straight wins.

But against Dan Hardy at UFC 105, he dropped a unanimous decision that would have earned him a title shot against welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. He followed that up four months later with a loss to Paulo Thiago, who choked him unconscious in the second round.

Then Swick's problems really began. A stomach ailment kept him sidelined until this past January, when he was scheduled to face David Mitchell at the Fight for the Troops 2 show. But Mitchell pulled out with an injury, and Swick decided he could use more time to recover from the stomach issues.

Now, eight months later, Swick's comeback fight will again have to wait.

Silva (12-1), a highly touted Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, has not lost since December 2006. All his fights have been in his native Brazil, and seven of his 12 wins have been by submission.

UFC 134 will be the promotion's return to Brazil for the first time since 1998. The pay-per-view, headlined by a middleweight title fight between Anderson Silva and Okami, will take place at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

vCash

Official Fight Card

Main Card

• Middleweight Championship: Anderson Silva (c) vs. Yushin Okami
    • Light Heavyweight bout: Maurício Rua vs. Forrest Griffin
    • Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub
    • Lightweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Edson Barboza
    • Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov
    Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

• Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Spencer Fisher
    • Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. David Mitchell
    Preliminary Card

• Bantamweight bout: Raphael Assunção vs. Johnny Eduardo
    • Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares vs. Dan Miller
    • Featherweight bout: Yuri Alcantara vs. Felipe Arantes
    • Bantamweight bout: Yves Jabouin vs. Ian Loveland
    Announced bouts

The following fights have been reported on UFC.com, but have not yet been added to an Official Fight Card
    • Welterweight bout: Erick Silva vs. Luis Ramos