MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    vCash

After Reshuffling, UFC 139 Spike Prelims to Feature Bader vs. Brilz, McDonald vs. Soto

The UFC 139 preliminary fights on Spike have been reshuffled, with a bantamweight bout pitting Michael McDonald against Alex Soto moved into the two-fight showcase.

It had been previously reported that a middleweight encounter between Chris Weidman and Tom Lawlor would be included, but on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, Lawlor said that information was incorrect, and a Spike representative confirmed to MMA Fighting that the fight would not be aired.

No reason was given for the change on the one-hour telecast, which is also set to feature Ryan Bader against Jason Brilz.

McDonald is considered to be one of the bantamweight division's top prospects. Just 20 years old, he's already competed 14 times as a pro, holding a 13-1 record. He's 3-0 under the Zuffa banner, most recently defeating Chris Cariaso in a split decision back at UFC 130. Soto, meanwhile, will be making his major MMA debut. He's 6-0-1 in his carer.

The Bader-Brilz bout features two fighters in need of a win, as both come into the event on two-fight losing streaks.

Meanwhile, Weidman vs. Lawlor will air live on Facebook.com.

UFC 139 will emanate from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California with a main event of Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. The five-round main card will air on pay-per-view.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Tom Lawlor Thinks Experience Will Take Him Past Chris Weidman at UFC 139

More than a year since his last time out in the Octagon, Tom Lawlor is finally healthy and ready to return at Saturday's UFC 139. Waiting across the way from him when he walks into the middle of the HP Pavilion will be Chris Weidman, a fast-rising prospect who is unbeaten and has won both of his bouts since signing with the UFC earlier this year.

For Lawlor, the matchup came as no surprise. Before Weidman was ever in the UFC, he made Lawlor's radar after defeating his friend James Brasco in a submission grappling match at 2009. With Weidman in the nascent stages of his MMA career at the time, it was a clear stretch he was going to be a player on the world middleweight scene.

Just six fights into his career, Weidman will be at a disadvantage from an experience standpoint. With Lawlor having more time under his belt, he thinks that's the advantage that will send him to victory.

"He's impressive, but kind of like me, he's still pretty young in his career," Lawlor said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I have double the amount of fights he does. He only has six fights. So there's a lot of things he hasn't experienced and I think I'm going to be able to exploit some of that."

Weidman is a former two-time collegiate wrestling All-American, and has landed six of his nine takedown attempts fighting in the UFC. Many feel that advantage gives Weidman the edge going into the fight.

In training for this bout, Lawlor traveled to Temecula, California to work for the last several weeks with Team Quest, a camp renowned for its wrestlers. While Lawlor says that wasn't the sole reason for his work on the west coast, it will certainly come as a benefit.

"This isn't a wrestling match," he said. "This is a fight, or I'll turn it into a fight. If it was a wrestling match, my money would be on him. But it's not a wrestling match, it's a fight ... If I was a betting man, I would bet on myself."

For Lawlor, his performance usually starts at the weigh-ins, where he's notorious for his appearances, usually coming out dressed as a character from MMA's past. Among his recent stage entries were Dan Severn, Harold Howard and the "Just Bleed" guy from UFC 1.

With 13 months to ponder his next time in front of the audience, Lawlor has something planned for UFC 139, and it's something big.

"Unless they stop me right before I go out there, it's going to be really good," he said. "It might top all the past things that I've done and that's saying a lot. I get a lot comments on the Dan Severn thing, I get a lot of comments from real hardcore fans on the 'Just Bleed' guy. But I really think this will take the cake. It's going to set a new standard for weigh-ins."

vCash

Default UFC 139: PPV Extended Preview

vCash

Moet zeggen dat ik de Feesboek prelims veeeeel vetter vind dan die van spike

vCash

vCash

Default Dana White UFC 139 Vlog Day 1

vCash

IF FEAR HAS A STRANGLEHOLD ON YOUR LIFE, TURN AROUND, FACE IT...AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

vCash

Ik weet niet hoelang Rashad er weer uit ligt, maar Henderson/Jones zie ik wel zitten.

vCash

IF FEAR HAS A STRANGLEHOLD ON YOUR LIFE, TURN AROUND, FACE IT...AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

vCash

For Stephan Bonnar, Fight of the Night Is Only Part of the Strategy

Stephan Bonnar wanted a name opponent for his return to the cage this year, but what he was offered instead was rising star Kyle Kingsbury. And although Kingsbury might be a tad lacking in star power, there was an appeal.

"I was content with [Kingsbury as an opponent] just cause of the fact he's got a couple Fight of the Night bonuses," Bonnar said with a laugh on Monday's The MMA Hour. "And that evens it out. I think our chances of getting a bonus are pretty good."

Bonnar, who meets Kingsbury this Saturday at UFC 139, says his Fight of the Night chase isn't all about the paper. Bonnar feels he has the advantage on the ground and an early brawl is part of the strategy.

"I know I say it in a way that I'm going to be stupid and reckless," he said. "But if I went out there like, 'I think I have a better submission, I'm just going to take him down and submit him,' I think it would be harder than if we slug it out first. Both of us landing some shots. I think that will help open up the submission a little better."

In his last fight, Bonnar said he should have tried to soften up Igor Pokrajac before taking the fight to the mat. Sticking to a ground-centric effort, Bonnar wasn't able to submit Pokrajac, but did enough for a unanimous decision.

It's been almost a year since that fight due to injuries and poor timing. While "time flies" as he commented, he's also been busy during the stretch with his broadcasting duties and his "Punch Buddies" tees, formerly "Trash Talkin' Kids" (name changed for legal reasons). Bonnar saw the T-shirt line as a creative outlet.

"it wasn't so much as setting myself up for later," Bonnar said. "It's about, man, I wanted to use my brain a little more than something other than a punching bag."

Last Saturday, Bonnar joined Kenny Florian and Jay Glazer in the handling of the UFC on FOX pre and post-fight show on FUEL. Bonnar has done commentary for Versus shows and has been a guest analyst on MMA Live on ESPN. As an on-air talent, the TUF 1 icon will have no trouble finding a way to stay involved in the sport once his in-ring career is over. Not that he still doesn't have quite a few fights left in him.

"I've been doing this for 10 years," the 34-year-old said. "I haven't really put an exact date. It takes toll on you. I'm not getting any younger, guys are getting better. I'd say no more than five years if that."

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/mma-hour-episode-no-108-stephan-bonnar/1277523761001

vCash

UFC 139 Predictions

Will Dan Henderson make a statement in his return to the UFC that he deserves to contend for the light heavyweight belt? Or will Shogun Rua beat Henderson and make a case that he should get another crack at Jon Jones? Can Cung Le thrill the fans in his UFC debut, or will Wanderlei Silva pick up a much-needed win? Will Urijah Faber or Brian Bowles take a big step toward a rematch with bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz?

We'll examine those questions and more as we predict the winners of Saturday night's UFC 139 pay-per-view.

What: UFC 139: Shogun vs. Henderson

When: Saturday, the Facebook preliminary fights start at 6 p.m. ET, the Spike card starts at 8 and the pay-per-view starts at 9.

Where: HP Pavilion, San Jose

Predictions on the five pay-per-view fights below.

Maurício "Shogun" Rua vs. Dan Henderson
    Henderson left Strikeforce and its light heavyweight belt behind after beating Fedor Emelianenko, and now he'll try to prove that he deserves a shot at the UFC light heavyweight championship. If he beats Rua, he'd have an excellent case that he deserves to challenge the winner of the upcoming Jones-Lyoto Machida light heavyweight title fight, although Rashad Evans has been waiting for a light heavyweight title shot for a long time, so Henderson may have to get in line.

However, I think it's going to be a moot point, because I think Rua has the right striking style to frustrate Henderson standing up, and I think he'll be just good enough on the ground to avoid getting controlled on the canvas by Henderson, who's a vastly superior wrestler. I like Shogun to win an action-packed fight by decision.
    Pick: Rua

Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le
    I've always enjoyed the aesthetic beauty of Le's san shou style of striking, but I've never believed it would be effective against a top-notch opponent. And so I think the result of this fight hangs mostly on whether Silva is, at this point in his career, even close to "top-notch" anymore.

So is he? Based on the way the Axe Murderer looked against Chris Leben, I'd have to say no: Silva buckled the first time he was hit hard and was knocked out in just 27 seconds. Silva is 2-6 in his last eight fights, and four of those six losses have been ugly knockouts, and so I'm going to lean toward Le to win this one, just because I think Silva has taken so much damage through his spectacular career that he just doesn't have a lot left.
    Pick: Le

Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles
    Faber is another fighter who has had a long and spectacular career but has begun to decline lately: He was 21-1 in his first 22 fights, but has gone just 4-4 in his last eight. However, Faber's only losses have been to featherweight and bantamweight champions, and he has looked awfully good while winning, too. Bowles is a terrific fighter who has bounced back from serious hand and foot injuries to win two in a row, but Faber has such good wrestling and such a diverse style of striking that he should be able to dictate where the fight goes and win a decision.
    Pick: Faber

Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story
    This is a very interesting fight between two guys who are right on the cusp of the welterweight Top 10 but who are coming off disappointing losses. Story's wrestling might just be enough for him to control Kampmann for 15 minutes and win a decision, but Kampmann has more ways to win, with a good striking game and varied submissions.
    Pick: Kampmann

Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury
    This isn't a great matchup -- neither of these guys is even close to the top of the light heavyweight division -- but it does have the potential to be an entertaining brawl. Bonnar is a fan favorite riding a two-fight winning streak, but Kingsbury is a better technical striker and should beat Bonnar.
    Pick: Kingsbury

vCash

Default UFC 139: Fight Card, Live Streaming, PPV Info and More

Watch UFC 139 Live Stream Online Free. UFC 139: Shogun vs. Henderson is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on November 19, 2011 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, USA.

UFC 139 Shogun vs. Henderson Live Stream Online Free

vCash

Ten Years Later, Shogun Looks to Avenge Brother's Loss to Henderson

On November 3, 2001, the fans at the Tokyo Dome were treated to a great fight between Dan Henderson and Murilo "Ninja" Rua at Pride 17. A decade later, Henderson will take on Ninja's little brother Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 139.

And just because it's been 10 full years since the Henderson-Rua fight, that doesn't mean Shogun has forgotten. In fact, Shogun said on Wednesday that he's been motivated during his preparation for the fight with Henderson to avenge his big brother's split decision loss to Henderson from the Pride days.

And Rua said that watching and re-watching that fight, and discussing the fight with his brother, has helped him to formulate his game plan for his own bout with Henderson.

"Certainly that was a great fight," Shogun said. "I watched that fight between my brother and Henderson a number of times. It was a very competitive fight. My brother is one of the people who helped me a lot with my strategy for Dan. I hope to impose my game plan, knowing it's going to be a tough fight with a great fighter. That was a great fight and I have good memories of it."

Henderson has even better memories, because he won -- but only after a brutal battle, and only by split decision. Henderson said he expects a similarly difficult time fighting against the younger Rua.

"It was a tough fight," Henderson said. "It was a war and I would expect the same from his brother."

If the Henderson-Shogun fight is as good as the Henderson-Ninja fight, the fans will be the winners.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbringer320 View Post
    Brock ziet eruit alsof hij ruim weer op gewicht is ! 4:18
    Overeem ziet er toch kleiner uit in dat filmpje. Ben benieuwd hoe ze eruit gaan zien wanneer ze eindelijk tegen over elkaar staan 30 dec !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Djoggo View Post
    Brock ziet eruit alsof hij ruim weer op gewicht is ! 4:18
    Overeem ziet er toch kleiner uit in dat filmpje. Ben benieuwd hoe ze eruit gaan zien wanneer ze eindelijk tegen over elkaar staan 30 dec !
    x2 Dit wordt echt een monster gevecht, ik mag hopen dat de UFC die kooi eens flink gaat verstevigen.

vCash

Wanderlei Silva Never Considered Retirement After Loss to Chris Leben

Watch below as Wanderlei Silva talks about his upcoming UFC 139 fight against Cung Le, what went wrong when he was knocked out by Chris Leben in July, whether he considered retirement after the loss, how he plans to fight Le and more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/wanderlei-silva-ufc-139-pre-fight-interview/1279919366001

vCash

Dan Henderson Not Sure if He Has Vacated His Strikeforce Title Yet

Watch below as Dan Henderson talks about his return to the UFC, his UFC 139 fight against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, whether he thinks he will end his career in the UFC, what's at stake in this fight and more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/dan-henderson-ufc-139-pre-fight-interview/1279919289001

vCash

vCash

Urijah Faber Responds to Critics Who Claim He Gets Too Many Title Shots

Watch below as Urijah Faber talks about his UFC 139 fight against Brian Bowles, the no-shirt nation movement, his response to critics who claim he receives too many title shots and more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sp.../1279919278001

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fightlove View Post
    WAR HENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by R.H. View Post
    x2 Dit wordt echt een monster gevecht, ik mag hopen dat de UFC die kooi eens flink gaat verstevigen.
    brock heeft al es wat gesloopt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K30gm2OFhY

vCash

brock is de hardste mofo out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T8RIO96IIw

vCash

ontopic aub, Lesnar vecht niet he!!!! biertje!?
    "Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbringer320 View Post
    Thanks
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen