MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Where is It's Showtime going?

First of all, if you are gonna argue with me about this, please read it through first.
    Really fellas, what's the point of It's Showtime (IS) events? To make money, to popularize kick-boxing, or just to justify its (so far) purposeless existence?
    K-1 is, above all, a sport. And what is the purpose of competing if not to prove that one is the best. Imagine Champions League, or World Cups, or NBA just setting up random matches without the process of elimination and the final match. I'm those tournaments won't hold their ground because the lack of tension and therefore lack of interest in them. That is the road IS is heading. Just how did they determine that Hari-Schilt would be the IS champion match, and later Hari-Gerges. Rutzbaum had a dream it should be that way? And they consider the victor a legitimate kick-boxing champion of the world? First of all one would have to qualify to be a contender for the belt. And through what system did the aforementioned qualify? Now I'm getting to my point - there should be a qualification system for every weight-category IS plans a belt for. The best would be a cup system, for example last 32 (16-th final) which could be voted at their web-site, or hand picked by Rutzbaum and co., or taken from FOK1 rank list, whatever way they find more effective. Those 32, based on quality (measurement of which will be their current records and experience) should be first ranked and then divided in two groups of 16, and randomly matched between the groups. The fights should be split in several tournaments (which will be now purposeful), and the remaining 16 randomly matched. Again, the fights should be split in several tournaments, and there will be 8 left. For those 8 a final tournament will be organized the same as FEG used to, and voilą! - we have a completely legitimate word champion of kick-boxing, and IS proves doubters like myself it's a machine.
    If 32 is too much, they can alway start from 16, but better not.
    In my opinion, there should be three categories - 72, 92, and open-weight.
    In the meantime, they could still organize minor local "talent hunting" tournaments. And those first 16 eliminated should prove themselves against the newcomers to retain their "final 32" status.
    I hope you can understand and forgive me for not having a good opinion for IS now, but in my view this is the only way they can become the real deal.
    Apart from that, my dreams of FEG getting their crap together again will stop. Seriously, I often have those dreams. Mitko J. Fansofk1.com
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

het zou wel een leuke optie zijn
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Rutzbaum?
    Maar idd. Hij heeft een punt.

vCash

HIj heeft zeer zeker een punt
    Home mtk-gym.nl

vCash

Showtime leest regelmatig mee hier, dus ze zullen het ook wel oppikken.
    Fighting is poetry in motion

vCash

Ik denk dat er binnen nu en een jaar een hoop gaat veranderen in kickboksen en dat It's Showtime het FEG overneemt.
    [SIGPIC]

vCash

wat een bullshit, k1 doet toch hetzelfde? heavyweightchamp badr- fujimoto based on what? feitosa-hari. schilt-zimmerman etc.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by knift View Post
    Ik denk dat er binnen nu en een jaar een hoop gaat veranderen in kickboksen en dat It's Showtime het FEG overneemt.
    Rutz(baum wtf?) heeft al gezegd dat dat niet gaat gebeuren en hij zijn centen liever in zijn eigen organisatie steekt.

vCash

Goed punt!
    Een contender voor de titel moet het verdiend hebben en moet niemand zomaar door de organisatie gekozen zijn.

vCash

Volledig mee eens. Het competitie element is m.i. erg belangrijk en om die reden kan IS nog lang niet tippen aan K-1.

Hoop trouwens dat K-1 het overleeft of dat er een goede doorstart kan plaatsvinden.

vCash

K1 is in handen van de Yakuza dit is al jaren zo. FEG is op papier eigenaar maar de vertakkingen naar de Yakuza zijn diepgeworteld . Hier komt It's Showtime nooit tussen of ze moeten een hele peloton Hell's Angels naar Japan sturen (zou wel wat zijn zeg met Van der Laan achterop een Harley)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rollermanskunk View Post
    Hier komt It's Showtime nooit tussen
    Hetzelfde werd beweerd van PRIDE FC. Zuffa heeft het toch weten te kopen.
    Maar goed. Misschien hadden die ook een Italian connection?