MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Antonio''Bigfoot'' Silva now joins Team Nogueira and leaves his old Team

Twitter

Guys now I represent @TeamNogueiraRio I'm very happy with my new team..great heavy weights @junior_cigano @RAFAEL__FEIJAO @Minotauromma

Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten.

vCash

ok, ben benieuwd of hij daar zijn skills kan verbeteren..
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

goede beslissing denk ik. JDS, NOG brothers, feijao etc goede team voor hem.
    Home mtk-gym.nl

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
    ok, ben benieuwd of hij daar zijn skills kan verbeteren..

ja ik denk ook dat het een goede zet is, alleen ik vroeg me iets af? als bigfoot het toernooi wint, zou hij zomaar tegen Dos Santos kunnen staan zijn nieuwe teamgenoot

vCash

Ik kan me herrineren dat Big Foot zelf tegen JDS wou vechten dus ik denk niet dat dit een probleem zou zijn.

vCash

Big Foot wint nu denk ik sowieso het heavyweight strikforce toernooi, wie houdt hem nu nog tegen? Zou wel tof zijn als hij tegenover Dos Santos komt te staan, moet gewoon kunnen, teamgenoot of niet

vCash

de nogs tegen een van hun 'pupillen' kan ik best begrijpen dat je dat liever niet wilt, vooral als 'leerling' zijnde maar teamgenoten zoals JDS en Silva zouden zijn moet gewoon kunnen vind ik

vCash

Sja, je weet hoe de Nog bro's er over denken, je vecht niet met je team mates/vrienden... dusss

vCash

Weet niet of dit echt nodig was. Zijn skills waren al top en hij was zeer goed getraint.

vCash

JDS moet eerst nog maar eens van Cain zien te winnen...
    "If the ref hadn’t stopped him, Fedor was going to take that head home to his spaceship and polish it."

Fedor Emelianenko - "I don't talk about my weaknesses. I work on them."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by D1987 View Post
    Big Foot wint nu denk ik sowieso het heavyweight strikforce toernooi, wie houdt hem nu nog tegen? Zou wel tof zijn als hij tegenover Dos Santos komt te staan, moet gewoon kunnen, teamgenoot of niet
    Barnett.

vCash

vCash

Wat een team hey, tering.

Maar denk je echt dat Barnett van Antonio Silva kan winnen? Ik denk dat Barnett niet eens een kans maakt, denk nog eerder dat Kharitonov kan verrassen

vCash

WOW wat een team zeg, hier wordt Silva alleen maar beter van.
    JDS is al een groot vent, maar big foot is echt een beer van een kerel damn!

vCash

Dat hoofd van Antonio Silva lijkt op die groepsfoto helemaal op die van het Paaseiland

vCash

Semifinalist of the heavyweight GP of Strikeforce, Antonio Bigfoot Silva decided, for the first time in many years, to do his prep in Brazil, and he chose to go to Team Nogueira.

Training partner of Rodrigo Nogueira, Junior dos Santos, Anderson Silva, Rafael Feijao and other tough guys, the Brazilian has only reasons to celebrate. “Man, if you train a round with Rodrigo, one with Cigano and another with Anderson, Feijao, you can fight anyone. It makes you more comfortable and confident”, said Antonio, happy about Rodrigo’s Evolution.

“I got here two weeks ago and I thought Rodrigo was on a lower level than he actually was because of his surgery, but Rodrigo’s doing great, he moving well on the ground, he’s that Jiu-Jitsu Rodrigo we all know”, said the heavyweight, confident of the result against Brendan Schaub. “He knows he needs to win this one, and I believe he’ll win by submission”.

Check below the exclusive chat with Bigfoot, where he talked about the semifinals of the tournament against Daniel Cormier, the polemic left of Alistair Overeem of the tournament, the trainings with Junior dos Santos and his bets for the duel between the young talent and Cain Velasquez, worth the UFC title, and a lot more.

You came to Rio to train with Rodrigo, who’s an old friend of yours. How was it?

Well, I’ve talked to him a while back and he invited me to come and spend three weeks here in Rio, so I can’t say no to him. I went to Argentine to minister a seminar and then came straight to Rio, I’m here for two weeks, there’s one more to go… I liked it so much I’ll stay here until my fight.

You told us you now represent Team Nogueira. How did it happen?

Actually, I was supposed to represent it for a long time. I trained here five years ago, when I used to train in Black House, at X-Gym, with Rogerio Camoes, Rodrigo… I have left BTT and I told Rodrigo to make a team there, because there were many heavyweight fighters. There was me, (Rafael) Feijao, who was fighting on the heavyweight division at the time, Draco (1:15), who was here with us, Rogerio (Nogueira). He said: ‘no, I don’t want to do it. It’s much work to take care of a team and I don’t wanna do it now’. I got the chance to go to Florida and join American Top Team and I trained there for three years. In November of 2009, after I was defeated by (Fabricio) Werdum, I decided to leave the team and set my own camps. Until then I wasn’t defending any team, I wasn’t representing anyone but myself, but I’ve always liked Rodrigo, I’ve always been grateful to him and I’ve always like his wonderful team, and after I came here I realized the training level they have here and I talked to him and now I represent Team Nogueira.

How does it help in your prep training with names like Rodrigo, Junior dos Santos, Anderson Silva, Feijao, Jacare and all other top guys?

Man, if you train a round with Rodrigo, one with Cigano and another with Anderson, Feijao, you can fight anyone. It makes you more comfortable and confident fighting anyone because you train everyday with guys like Cigano, Rodrigo, Anderson. So it’s great and it makes you more confident and it lowers the adrenaline level when you’re fighting and it’ll be good for me.

How are your expectations for this next fight in Strikeforce, now they’ve replaces Overeem for Daniel?

Man, it changes everything because I was fighting a striker and now I’m fighting wrestler, so it completely changes the game plan. I was fighting a tall striker and now I’m fighting a short wrestler. But my focus is still the same I want this really badly. After my fight with Fedor, I really want to fight and win this tournament. I’ll train for Daniel as if I was fighting Fedor again, I’ll respect him from the beginning ‘till the end and I’ll see him as if he was the best fighter in the world.

Do you think he won’t strike with you and will try to use his Wrestling?

Well, many people ask me if I’m training Wrestling a lot and the answer is no. I’m not becoming a professional wrestler. He has an Olympic level of Wrestling, so I’m training my ground game a lot, since I’m a BJJ black belt and sharpening my hands. If he wants to strike, I’ll be ready. If we fight on the floor, I’ll try to sweep and submit.

And it’s impossible for you to train in a month to reach his Wrestling level, since he’s been fighting it for 10, 15 years…

That’s true. I can’t reach his level in a month, since he’s a guy who was practically born learning Wrestling, so I have to block his game: having a good striking game and a good ground game. My goal is that.

There was much speculation about Overeem leaving the tournament, but he claimed it was due to an injury on his feet and that he wouldn’t have enough time to get healed from it. Now people are saying he might fight in Russia in October… How do you see this situation?

Man, it’s hard to say anything, we can say wrong things, but it’s a little weird that he gave it up, it’s suspicious. It’s not fear, it’s not that he’s afraid or anything because he has fought the best in K-1, he has fought many tough guys in MMA, but it was weird. He had one fight on his Strikeforce contract, he could lose because I really want to win. Now we’re all Zuffa’s fighters and in Zuffa if you win, you get a better live, you get tones of money, but if you lose, they’ll pay you the same they used to, so I don’t know how he’s taking this, I hope he’s doing fine and I’ll win this belt, I’m training for it, I’m focusing on it and after I win it, I want to have a chance at Strikeforce’s belt. I’ll ask for it.

Do you think it’s a possibility that the winner of this GP goes to UFC? Now that Overeem is out of the tournament, do you believe it’ll change something?

Man, I don’t know. There’re many speculations, but there’s much to be said. Now I’m happy fighting in Strikeforce. On the beginning I wasn’t really satisfied because of its organization, which seemed like a disorganization, but now, since it was bought by Zuffa, and they fired all those guys and changed everything I’m satisfied fighting in Strikeforce. Winning this GP title, I want to fight for Strikeforce’s belt. Maybe someday we can think about UFC. But there’re three fights before I even consider UFC: there are two more on the GP and a title fight. So it’ll take me a year now, I’m fighting in Strikeforce now. If someday they invite me, I’ll see if it’s best for me to go there.

Rodrigo will fight Brendan Schaub in UFC Rio, and Cigano’s fighting Velasquez for the title. What are your thoughts about these bouts?

Let’s start talking about Rodrigo, since he’s fighting first. I got here two weeks ago and I thought Rodrigo was on a lower level than he actually was because of his surgery, but Rodrigo’s doing great, he moving well on the ground, he’s that Jiu-Jitsu Rodrigo we all know. On striking, now coach Dorea has came here to work with him and he’s really strong while standing-up, he’s moving a lot, he knows he must win this fight, he’s working really hard and making all efforts every day, two times a day. We’re training a lot. I believe he’ll win by submission, you can be sure.

Cigano is a young guy, he has a good health, conditioning, he has a really heavy hand, like we all saw. Many people don’t know his ground game, but I had the chance to train with him here and, in case you have the chance to see him fighting on the floor, you’ll realize it’s not much different from his striking level, he’s really good on the ground too and I’m be cheering for him because he’s a wonderful guy, he’s really nice, a tough guy. It won’t be an easy fight, he’s aware of that and we all are too, it’ll be a 50-50 fight. Cain Velasquez is a top fighter, complete, but I believe in Cigano.

You’ll train here for your next bout. But after that, will you come back here to train for the bout you’ll do next?

Yeah. My base is on the United States, but I’ll come here all the time, just like Rodrigo does. He lives in Rio but he often goes there. When I have a friend who’s fighting and need my help, I’ll come here to support him, and now I’ll do my camps here with Rodrigo and the guys of Team Nogueira.

Will you come to watch UFC Rio?

Man, I won’t come to UFC Rio, I’ll already be here. I’ll just fly on September 1st of 2nd. I’m bringing all my family to spend this month with me so that I can focus on my trainings, because my family is my foundation. My wife takes care of my diet and without them it’s complicated, so I’m bringing them down here to help me on my training and I’ll be there on August 27th to, with God’s blessing, see Rodrigo, Anderson and Luiz Cane winning, and also Junior, Edson… It’ll all work out for the Brazilians.

Bigfoot Silva happy to train with Nogueira, dos Santos for Strikeforce GP :: TATAME