MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Default Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson Results ***SPOILER***

Televised Card

Dan Henderson def. Fedor Emelianenko via first-round TKO
    Miesha Tate def. Marloes Coenen via submission (arm-triangle choke)
    Tim Kennedy def. Robbie Lawler via unanimous decision
    Tyron Woodley def. Paul Daley via unanimous decision
    Tarec Saffiedine def. Scott Smith via unanimous decision

Preliminary Card

JZ Cavalcante def. Bobby Green via split decision
    Tyler Stinson def. Eduardo Pamplona via first-round KO
    Alexis Davis def. Julie Kedzie via unanimous decision
    Derek Brunson def. Lumumba Sayers via submission (rear-naked choke)
    Gabriel Salinas-Jones def. Bryan Humes via submission (brabo choke)
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Dan Henderson TKOs Fedor Emelianenko in Strikeforce Main Event

The unthinkable has happened in mixed martial arts: Fedor Emelianenko has lost three in a row.

Fedor, once widely recognized as the best fighter MMA had ever seen, was beaten by Dan Henderson at Saturday night's Strikeforce event, with Henderson coming from behind in dramatic fashion: Henderson appeared to be in trouble on the ground, and then an instant later he pulled free and hit Fedor right in the chin from behind. Fedor went limp and fell face-first to the canvas, and referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop the fight.

The whole fight was 4 minutes, 12 seconds of wild action.

Fedor quickly recovered from the punch that knocked him down and appeared to be defending himself when Dean stepped in, and after the fight he said he thought the stoppage was early. But replays showed that Fedor seemed to be out for a moment before coming to, and that made it the correct call for Dean to end the fight.

Henderson was elated with one of the biggest wins of his career.

"I've been a huge fan of Fedor's forever," Henderson said. "I respect him so much as a fighter, what he's done for the sport. For me, that's a huge accomplishment. ... As a fan of Fedor's, I hope he keeps fighting."

The fight started off at a thrilling pace, with both men landing hard punches in the first few seconds. Henderson had Fedor hurt early, and Fedor clinched to take a breather, which slowed down the pace of the fight. Henderson controlled Fedor against the cage for about two full minutes before they finally separated, and then it was crazy back-and-forth action the rest of the way.

Fedor landed one of his trademark looping punches to Henderson's head, seeming to hurt Henderson, and Fedor got on top of Henderson on the ground and hit him a couple of times. But Henderson brilliantly saw his opening and took it, and he ended the fight in dramatic fashion.

He may also have ended Fedor's career: No one ever could have envisioned that Fedor would have lost three in a row, and the questions about his retirement will now only heat up. All Fedor would say after the fight to those questions was that any decisions about his future are in God's hands.

On Saturday night, it was Henderson whose hands finished Fedor in a great round of action.

vCash

Miesha Tate Submits Marloes Coenen in Strikeforce Title Fight

Miesha Tate is the new champion of Strikeforce's 135-pound women's division after forcing Marloes Coenen to tap out with a brilliant arm triangle choke in the fourth round of a fight that had been a back-and-forth battle on the ground.

Tate's submission was a thing of beauty: She had Coenen in side control on the ground and briefly looked like she was going to transition into full mount, but instead she transitioned to the other side and sunk in the choke. After a brief struggle, Coenen had no choice but to tap.

The fight hadn't been a crowd-pleader in the first three rounds, but the fans were thrilled when Tate got the choke in the fourth. It was the first time Coenen has been submitted in 24 professional fights.

The first three rounds were a tactical ground fight:

-- Midway through the first round Coenen appeared to have Tate in trouble with a choke on the ground, but Tate managed to both pull her head free and get into side control. From there Tate spent the rest of the round on top, and that may have been enough to earn her the round on the judges' scorecards.

-- In the second round they went to the ground again, and once again Coenen had Tate in a tough position, taking her back with three and a half minutes on the clock. Coenen locked in a body triangle and seemed to be in excellent position to finish the fight with a rear-naked choke, but instead she held Tate's back for the rest of the round without ever getting close to a submission. It was a round Coenen clearly deserved to win, but she had to feel disappointed that she didn't finish the fight.

-- In the first minute of the third round Tate caught a Coenen kick and took her down, and for most of the round Tate was on top on the ground. Coenen briefly reversed things at the end of the round, but it was a round that Tate deserved to win.

And then came the fourth, when Tate sunk in that beautiful choke. It hadn't been a thrilling fight to that point, but the ending was worth the wait.

vCash

Fedor Emelianenko Disputes Referee's Decision After Tough Loss

Fedor Emelianenko was stoic, as he always is, after losing to Dan Henderson at Saturday night's Strikeforce main event. But Fedor -- the mixed martial arts legend always known by one name -- was also upset.

Emelianenko, the man who looked invincible in the ring and in the cage for a decade, said after his third consecutive loss that he believes referee Herb Dean stopped the fight and awarded the technical knockout victory to Henderson too quickly.

Asked if he thought Dean -- who's widely regarded as the best referee in MMA -- made a mistake, Fedor answered in the affirmative.

"It seems to me, yes, objectively, I was ready to continue fighting," Fedor said. "So, yes."

But few in attendance at the Sears Centre in suburban Chicago seemed to agree with Fedor's assessment. In MMA, the referee has to stop the fight immediately if a fighter can't defend himself, and there was a brief instant when Henderson hit Fedor hard in the chin, and Fedor went limp and fell face first into the canvas. Although Fedor recovered quickly and appeared prepared to defend himself, by that point Dean had already charged in to stop the bout.

For his part, Henderson said the punch he landed to Fedor's chin was a simple example of seeing an opening and taking advantage.

"I saw an opening for a nice uppercut when he was on his hands and knees and that just dropped him," Henderson said. "I don't think he was expecting that at that time."

And Henderson said there's no doubt in his mind that Dean did the right thing, and that if Dean hadn't stepped in at that moment, Henderson would have finished Fedor soon enough.

"You'd have to ask Herb Dean about it," Henderson said. "I thought it was a pretty good stoppage. I wasn't going anywhere if the ref didn't push me off. It would have been done pretty quick anyway."

Strikeforce promoter Scott Coker said that he was watching the fight just like a fan, and that he thought Dean did exactly the right thing in jumping in to stop the fight as soon as Fedor went limp on the ground.

"When I watched the main event, I watched it with everybody here," Coker said. "It looked like when Dan hit him with the uppercut it flattened Fedor out, he was hurt, he was injured and so the referee did the right thing. . . . It was a correct stoppage."

Fedor seemed puzzled afterward about what has gone wrong in his MMA career, but he also cautioned his fans that they have to accept that he wasn't going to remain the undisputed top fighter in the world forever.

"I'm not a machine," Fedor said. "I'm not a robot. There are good moments and bad moments."

For Fedor, Herb Dean's stoppage was a bad moment. But that doesn't make it a bad call.

vCash

Tja, moet zeggen dat ik het ingrijpen van de ref 10x heb terug moeten kijken. Ik twijfelde of Fedor wel aangeslagen/out was...
    Maar die opstoot zat er wel op en ik had het idee dat Fedor even "weg" was. Maw: ik begrijp de ref wel.

Als Fedor Fan zeg ik: WTF! Veel te vroeg ingegrepen!

Prachtige transitie van Henderson trouwens.
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

gvd ochtendhumeurtje geboren zojuist....gvd!
    toen pissen plassen werd is het gezeik begonnen!

vCash

Jammer voor Fedor, maar mooie overwinning voor Hendo!

Echt klote van Marloes... hoop dat er nog een kans komt.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TOON View Post
    gvd ochtendhumeurtje geboren zojuist....gvd!
    x2 godver

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Leventdepevent View Post
    x2 godver
    x3.....

vCash

I think Fedor did get stunned by that totally unexpected uppercut but recovered. In between the time fedor dropped and recovered Herb Dean decided to join in the mix. When Fedor had turned around and Dan was already attacking again because Dan didn't see Fedor was out it was already too late. Herb Dean was already in the middle and it was too late.

I think it was an unfortunate conglomoration between the timing of Herb Dean and Fedor trying to recover to guard. Because A) The way Fedor dropped would've made any referee step in but B) The way Fedor recovered could've meant he could've gotten back to guard, but we will never no that because Herb Dean was in side-control.

Whether the stoppage was early or not, it certainly is an acceptable stoppage. Fedor did go limp, and that was what made Herb Dean jump in.

Herb Dean didn't have his night. Missing a tapout due to a RNC, not breaking up uneventful clinchwork and a dubious stoppage. Not hating on Herb Dean, I'm just saying if you told me it was Mazaggatti I would've believed you as well.

It is what it is. Fedor is three down and has no bargaining rights in the negotiation for his first Zuffa deal. The ball is in Dana White's corner, and it aint looking too fresh.
    Dat vond ik ervan. Petje af voor Dan Henderson toch, 9 van de 10 zou niet die opening hebben gezien na het krijgen van zo'n pak slaag en was gewoon zo snel mogelijk proberen weg te komen.

vCash

Toch hoop ik dat Fedor nog een kans krijgt in de UFC. Tegen Crocop, Couture, etc. Het blijft een genot om die man te zien vechten. Zelfs als hij verliest, zoals tegen Henderson.
    Last edited by basblue; 31-07-2011 at 11:18.
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

Ja zeker. dit was een vette partij!

vCash

Jammer van het verlies. Technisch gezien is het wel een juiste "stoppage" geweest, maar hij had hem ook door kunnen laten gaan en dan moesten we nog zien hoe het zou lopen. Ik ga er vanuit dat Fedor nu stopt. Hij heeft goed gevochten op de manier, zoals hij altijd deed. Aanvallen en vechten als een krijger.

vCash

Ik moet vandaag werken ..dus ik kwam op mijn werk aan, handelde snel wat zaken af en meteen even Fedor vs Hendo kijken. Het idee dat t gevecht al gebeurd is vond ik al spannend. Ik had t gevoel dat Fedor heeft verloren met een KO. Mijn gevoel bleek waar te zijn maar ik had t erger verwacht. Fedor begon slecht maar eindigde heel goed en had Hendo i problemen zelfs. Het probleem is dat hij te graag wilde winnen en zo controle verloor over zich zelf. Mijn ochtend WAS verpest maar nu niet meer. Dit hoort erbij en je kan niet eeuwig de beste zijn. Ik vind wel, na dit gevecht gezien te hebben, dat Fedor op 205 division hoort. Niet dat ik t elangrijk vind wie groter of zwaarder is, maar fedor heeft niet meer die power die hij had van paar jaar terug. Ik zou vragen om een rematch op 205.

vCash

vCash

gvd fedor gvd
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Ligt het aan mij of zat Ariel daar bijna in tranen toen hij vroeg of Fedor een boodschap voor zijn fans had.

vCash

Fedor werd volgens mij ook in het begin van de partij een paar keer goed geraakt en in de clinch had hij ook niet veel in te brengen.

Maar als je het kamp van bv Werdum, Bigfoot en Hendo vergelijkt met de mensen waarmee Fedor traint zie je een van de redenen waarom Fedor het minder doet de laatste jaren (naast dat hij ouder is geworden). Hij had het voorbeeld van Shogun moeten volgen en naar de VS moeten gaan. Ik vraag me af of hij nog terugkeert naar Nederland om te trainen.

vCash

jammer jammer jammer jammer
    When I roundhouse kick you even Google won't find you

vCash

Pfffff... Ik schrik net wakker met een dikke kater in mijn kop.
    Helaas is het waar wat ik vannacht allemaal heb gezien.

vCash

Tenzij de oude Fedor weer terugkomt ipv deze met dat magere hoofd en een blij gezicht als hij verliest hoef ik hem niet meer te zien vechten.
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

Als iemand ooit de prelims vind, sharing=caring.
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

De "legende Fedor" wordt zo langzamerhand per gevecht uitgekleed. Jammer. Hij kan beter stoppen (wat ik ook verwacht) na 3 defeats.

Desondanks blijft Fedor: GOAT

vCash

Goeie stoppage... Fedorīs benen lagen er ook maar bij. Hij was gewoon out.