MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Hendo heeft goed gevochten, ik vind Hendo een goeie gast dus ik ben er zeer tevreden mee! Jammer van Fedor, maar ik heb nooit zoveel met Fedor gehad..
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gilaiir View Post
    ik heb nooit zoveel met Fedor gehad..
    Tja, wat moet je daar nou op zeggen?

vCash

Scott Coker: Fedor vs. Henderson 'Probably' Best Fight in Strikeforce History

On paper, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker knew he had history sitting right in front of him. And after Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson on Saturday night, his suspicions were confirmed.

Leading up to the superfight between legends Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson, Coker said he couldn't say without question the fight was the best Strikeforce had ever put together until after the final bell at Sears Centre Arena outside Chicago. After all, a dud of a main event without any fireworks would have just meant great potential, but a missed opportunity.

But after Henderson staged a remarkable comeback and essentially knocked out Fedor from his knees, Coker was finally prepared to say Fedor-Henderson goes to the front of the pack for best fight in the promotion's history.

"If you look at that fight, I think it stands right up there," Coker told MMA Fighting at the post-fight press conference. "If you look back at the history of Strikeforce, which is relatively a newer company, I think the ones that stand out in my mind are, in our early days, Frank Shamrock fighting Cung Le – that was an unbelievable matchup. And Nick Diaz fighting Paul Daley this year – unbelievable fight.

"And tonight, I think this one probably tops those two. So arguably one of the best fights in the history of our company."

Diaz and Daley fought in April for Diaz's welterweight title. After Daley lit his opponent up and had him on the ropes, Diaz mounted a comeback for the ages, getting a stoppage from strikes with just three seconds left in the first round. Le stopped Shamrock in March 2008, battering his right arm with kicks until it was broken, to win the middleweight title.

With such lofty expectations of Fedor (31-4, 1-3 Strikeforce) and Henderson (28-8, 3-1 Strikeforce) going into the fight, Coker knew there was a chance – albeit a small one – the fight might not live up to all it was being marketed as: a "clash of the titans" and "once in a lifetime" fight.

"It definitely lived up to the billing, so my hat's off to Fedor and Hendo," Coker said. "And my question is, is there anything Dan Henderson can't do? I want to know, because this guy is unbelievable."

After the fight, Fedor called referee Herb Dean's stoppage into question, saying he believed he could have continued. But Henderson said even if it came early, it was only a matter of seconds before it would have been stopped because he wasn't going anywhere from the top position he was using to rain down strikes. And Coker, too, said he agreed with the stoppage.

"It looked like when (Henderson) hit him with that uppercut, it flattened Fedor out," Coker said. "I felt that his legs did go, and he was hurt – he was injured. So therefore, I think the referee did the correct thing. He watched carefully to see what the response was, and at that time Dan was doing what Dan does. Thirty seconds earlier, it was Fedor doing that to Dan. But I think it was the correct stoppage."

Henderson, Strikeforce's light heavyweight champion, believes the win was perhaps the biggest of his career, a career that includes Pride wins over Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort, memorable knockouts of Michael Bisping and Renato "Babalu" Sobral, and his light heavyweight title win over Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante in March.

"I'd put it right up on top," Henderson said. "I admire Fedor as a fighter, and he's very dangerous. This means a lot more to me than some of the victories that I've had, personally. But I'm a huge fan of his, and I hope that he continues."

The fight was the last on the contracts for both Henderson and Fedor. And while there were instantly questions about a possible retirement looming for Fedor, who now has three straight losses after nearly 10 years without a defeat, Coker said he hopes both will be back in the promotion.

"As far as fighting in Strikeforce, I hope we have them both back," he said.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Floris View Post
    Tja, wat moet je daar nou op zeggen?
    Kan toch? Iedereen heb zijn eigen favorieten.
    "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

vCash

Wat een onzin dat sommige mensen vinden dat Fedor moet stoppen.
    Zoals bij elke sport kan je winnen en verliezen.
    Als Ajax 3x op een rij verliest zijn ze dan ook niet meer eredivisie waardig ? Wat een onzin!!!
    Alsof Hendo zo een walkover is.
    Laat die man gewoon doen waar hij goed in is en dat is vechten.
    Winnen of verliezen Fedor blijft een spektakel om naar te kijken.

vCash

Ai!! wat jammer....heb de partij nog niet gezien, maar wou toch ff weten wat de uitslag was.......en dan lees je dit!

En voor marloes is het ook jammer...ben benieuwd naar de beelden....

Osu

chris

vCash

Fedor moet zeker niet stoppen, het aureool van overwinnelijkheid mag hij dan kwijt zijn, maar de wedstrijd tegen Henderson was top van beide kanten, er zullen nog genoeg interessante matchen voor hem en de fans zijn.

vCash

Toch jammer van het verlies. Fedor zag eruit als vanouds en toen Fedor in top position was kon hij het afmaken en dat wilde hij ook, alleen Henderson heel slim en heel snel gereageerd door Fedor om te draaien en de genadeklap uit te delen. Snelle rakker die Henderson.

vCash

ze moeten in de ufc ook veel meer van zulk soort super fights doen kan makkelijk, met de absolute toppers. jake Shields rolde henderson 4 rondes helemaal op. fedor verliest gewoon van henderson. wat zegt dat over fedor? denk dat zelfs wel een GSP op catch weight tegen Fedor zou kunnen vechten, of een Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva wilde ook wel is tegen Frank mir vechten. Zouden ze veel meer moeten doen in de ufc.

vCash

echt jammer voor fedor shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

Naast het verlies van Fedor en de goede partij van Henderson was ik ook onder de indruk van Paul Daley!! Die Woodley is echt de saaiste vechter ooit en de regels voor het scoren van MMA-partijen is helaas nog steeds zo bout dat als je 2 op de 10 takedowns scoort en dan bovenop je tegenstander gaat liggen zonder dat er echt wat gebeurt, je gewoon kan winnen. Woodley is een super worstelaar, maar MMA is toch een ander spelletje... Ik zou graag zien dat de regels voor jureren veranderd worden! Waarom scoort 1 takedown waarmee weinig gedaan wordt meer dan 8 gestopte takedowns (in ieder geval in de USA)? Door een takedown te stoppen controleer toch ook het gevecht? Daley is echt veel vooruit gegaan in zijn worstelen en TDD. En dan die omoplata! Dat vond ik een grotere verrassing dan Fedor die KO ging...

vCash

Unified rules 14 F "Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard"
    Unified rules 14 G Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
    Het hoort gescoord te worden maar dat doen ze nooit. Daley had 8 succesvolle TDD's en Woodley heeft 2 successvolle TD's.
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Naast het verlies van Fedor en de goede partij van Henderson was ik ook onder de indruk van Paul Daley!! Die Woodley is echt de saaiste vechter ooit en de regels voor het scoren van MMA-partijen is helaas nog steeds zo bout dat als je 2 op de 10 takedowns scoort en dan bovenop je tegenstander gaat liggen zonder dat er echt wat gebeurt, je gewoon kan winnen. Woodley is een super worstelaar, maar MMA is toch een ander spelletje... Ik zou graag zien dat de regels voor jureren veranderd worden! Waarom scoort 1 takedown waarmee weinig gedaan wordt meer dan 8 gestopte takedowns (in ieder geval in de USA)? Door een takedown te stoppen controleer toch ook het gevecht? Daley is echt veel vooruit gegaan in zijn worstelen en TDD. En dan die omoplata! Dat vond ik een grotere verrassing dan Fedor die KO ging...
    X2

Je ziet echt dat daley serieus bezig is.

vCash

Herb Dean Defends His Stoppage in Henderson-Fedor Fight

When Dan Henderson made Fedor Emelianenko fall face-first into the canvas with a hard shot to the chin on Saturday night, referee Herb Dean had a split-second decision to make on whether or not to step in and stop the fight. Dean chose to stop it, awarding Henderson the victory by technical knockout, but Emelianenko said after the fight that Dean's decision was the wrong one, and that he could have kept fighting.

On Monday's MMA Hour, Dean defended his call, saying that Fedor was unconscious when Henderson connected with the punch, and as a result Dean had no choice but to stop the fight.

"I saw Dan hit Fedor with a shot, Fedor fell down flat on his face, face down, his palms were facing up and I saw Dan continuing to punch," Dean said. "He hit him with, I believe, three punches, and I didn't see Fedor doing any movement. It seemed to me he was unconscious. I came in to stop the fight."

Dean said that although he had to make the decision instantly, he watched the replay of the stoppage and stands by his decision with the benefit of hindsight.

"When I made my decision to stop the fight, Fedor was face down, unconscious. When I touched Dan, Fedor was still face down. Once I touch him the fight is over," Dean said.

Dean has also faced some criticism from fans who said Henderson illegally hit Fedor in the back of the head at the end of the fight, but Dean said he saw no fouls there.

"I saw punches that may have been close," Dean said. "But I wouldn't have called those fouls because the way the action was moving, I couldn't say that he intentionally targeted that area."

Ultimately, Dean said, he's very comfortable with his decision to protect Fedor from further damage.

"Fedor was unconscious and unable to defend himself," Dean said.

Although fans watching from home didn't know it, Dean's stoppage was actually the second controversial call he made on Saturday night. In an un-televised undercard bout between Bobby Green and JZ Cavalcante, some fans thought Green had tapped out while Cavalcante had him in a choke. In reality, Dean says, the motion some fans thought was tapping was actually Green signaling to Dean that he was still conscious and not in danger of passing out from the choke.

"It was a very clear thumbs up," Dean said. "I got down close to the mat so I could see his face, made some effort to communicate with him, and he gave me a thumbs-up, clear as day."

Dean said he knows fans don't always agree with referees' decisions, noting that "Sometimes in doing my job I'm not going to be a popular guy." But after a night on which Dean faced major questions about the way he refereed, Dean says he can stand by the calls he made.
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash