MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash

No Guaranteed Title Shot for Clay Guida-Ben Henderson Winner ... Yet

LAS VEGAS -- Up until now, it's been assumed that the winner of UFC on Fox 1's co-main event will be the next man up to face current lightweight champion Frankie Edgar.

But that's no guarantee.

UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting that on the heels of Edgar's stirring comeback knockout win over Gray Maynard, he's yet to determine the champion's next challenge.

Asked whether it was a sure thing that the Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson winner would earn a chance to fight for the belt, White initially said no.

But that's not necessarily his final answer. Moments later, he clarified his thoughts, saying that his unrelenting schedule hasn't afforded him the opportunity to sit down, examine the situation and make a decision.

"I don't know. I have no idea," he said. "We're going to have to see what happens. I haven't even thought about it. You have to understand, the only thing I'm thinking about now is FOX. I've just got to get past this event. Everything else is taking a back seat. All the other s--- will work itself out."

After a decision win over Anthony Pettis, Guida (29-11) is currently riding a four-fight win streak while Henderson (14-2) has won seven of his eight fights under the Zuffa banner, most recently dominating Jim Miller en route to a decision at UFC 129.

Despite the possible importance of the bout, the Guida-Henderson bout will not be televised, airing on Facebook.com and FOX.com.

Still, the Guida-Henderson winner seems like the most likely option for Edgar. Other possibilities include the Donald Cerrone-Dennis Siver winner from Saturday night, or Gilbert Melendez if he is brought over from Strikeforce. Both Jim Miller and Melvin Guillard recently had win streaks snapped that likely removed them from the conversation.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Default Video: JDS ‘Cigano’ working on his ‘gas tank’ for Velasquez

Video: JDS ‘Cigano’ working on his ‘gas tank’ for Velasquez

Junior “Cigano” dos Santos will have his chance for the title on November 12, against Cain Velasquez and it’ll be brosdcasted live by FOX (in the US) and TV Globo (in Brazil). And he wants to put on a great show.

On a visit to Salvador, where the heavyweight trains at, followed a training day of the athlete, including the hard circuit of conditioning training.

Check below and stay tuned, to know everything about the fight:
    "Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."

vCash

This card will mark the UFC's debut on the Fox Network. Zuffa CEO Lorenzo Fertitta confirmed that the debut show will be a one hour special with only the main event guaranteed to air live on television, but a full preliminary card taking place beforehand.

Main card
    • Heavyweight Championship bout: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos
    Preliminary card (Facebook and FoxSports.com)

• Lightweight bout: Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida
    • Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Pablo Garza
    • Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas
    • Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Clay Harvison
    • Bantamweight bout: Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama
    • Featherweight bout: Mackens Semerzier vs. Robert Peralta
    • Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo
    • Middleweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Paul Bradley
    • Light Heavyweight bout: Aaron Rosa vs. Matt Lucas
    Last edited by Slome; 02-11-2011 at 19:59.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

UFC on FOX Devoted Solely to Title Fight, but dos Santos Says It Won't Go Distance

The calendar has finally turned to November, and the countdown is officially on for the UFC on FOX premiere. Since signing the deal in August, much of the company's attention has been focused on its new partnership, and now, the days will quickly wind down until it's showtime. There is still much work to do until then, but UFC president Dana White says that one thing not on his list of concerns is the night's main event fight.

Heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and challenger Junior dos Santos both safely made it through their respective training camps and are primed to seize the spotlight afforded them.

At least to dos Santos (13-1), he doesn't expect that spotlight to last very long. Even though the UFC has confirmed that one and only one fight will be shown on the broadcast, dos Santos doesn't plan on taking all 25 minutes afforded to him.

"I would be ready for five rounds if it went to five rounds, but personally, I don't think the fight will go five rounds," he said through his interpreter during a Wednesday teleconference. "Both Cain and myself are aggressive fighters. Both of us go on offense. We look to fight. We don't dodge fights.

"I know Cain's been out of the octagon for a while, but I also know he's a phenomenal fighter," he continued. "He's a professional, and I'm sure he's going to bring his best inside that octagon and he's going to be ready. I don't want to fight an injured Cain Velasquez. I want to fight the best Cain Velasquez. That's what I'm preparing for. I don't think he'd take a fight if he couldn't give it his all. It's going to be his first title defense. It's a very big fight for him. I look forward to meeting up with the champion Cain Velasquez at his best."

Velasquez (9-0) says that he will indeed be at his best, his shoulder at full power and range of motion after surgery, rehabilitation and a full camp.

Velasquez stopped short of predicting a stoppage-shortened fight, but given the historic nature of the fight and the UFC's trust in the fighters by placing them in the honored roles, he expects a scrap worthy of the attention it's receiving.

"I'm hoping to make it an exciting fight for the fans," he said. "dos Santos is a great opponent, and we're definitely going to go out there and just throw down. That's pretty much it. People love to see that."

At least by the numbers, dos Santos has some precedent for his prediction. Both fighters have been big finishers throughout their careers. The challenger dos Santos has 11 stoppages in his 13 victories while the undefeated champion Velasquez has stopped opponents in eight of his nine wins. Velasquez is currently considered a slight favorite according to recent lines.

For the UFC there is plenty riding on the November 12 foray into network TV. White said as early as this weekend, his crew will be utilizing extra rehearsals to shore up event production. The show will include elements like backstage interviews with the main-event fighters before the title bout, and other wrinkles. Those changes and the importance of the show caused White to admit that it's the first time in a long time he's had some nerves about a show he's produced. But as far as the in-ring action, he has no doubts. He knows Velasquez and dos Santos will deliver.

"We're working hard and we're going to nail this thing," White said. "I know the fight is going to be great. The fight is the least of my worries. That's why these two are in the spotlight and in this position."

vCash

Default "Big" John McCarthy Likely To Referee UFC On FOX 1 Main Event

By MATT MOLGAARD
    MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer

While Dana White has expressed interest in seeing seasoned referee Herb Dean serving as the third man in the octagon for the highly anticipated heavyweight title fight between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos come November 12th, when the UFC makes its FOX network debut, the California State Athletic Commission has some other plans.

CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd informed MMAjunkie.com of the proposed refereeing assignment for the evening’s main event, and the name Herb Dean isn’t a name being tossed about. Rather, the commission has its eyes set on the most experienced ref in the business: “Big” John McCarthy.

While the decision isn’t yet set in stone, Dodd exclaimed that there is a “99 percent chance that John McCarthy will be in the cage for the main event."

It’s news that may not sit well with White, as he and McCarthy have had a slightly tumultuous relationship over the last few years, but it may ultimately be the best call.
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

FOX Announces Loaded TV Lineup for UFC Debut

FOX has announced its full lineup of programming that will air before and after next Saturday's historic UFC telecast, and it's without a doubt the most impressive TV lineup served up to fans surrounding any UFC event.

In addition to the one-hour telecast on FOX, which will feature Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title, UFC programming will air on FUEL TV and FOX Deportes.

Below is an easy to read schedule of everything you can expect to see:

Friday, Nov. 11:
    7:00 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT -- Weigh-ins live on FUEL TV
    7:00 P.M. ET -- Cain Velasquez: Brown Pride, episode 3 on FOX Deportes

Saturday, Nov. 12:
    3:00 p.m. ET -- Cain Velasquez: Brown Pride, episodes 1-3 on FOX Deportes
    4:45 p.m. ET -- UFC on FOX prelims live on Facebook and FOXSports.com
    5:30 p.m. ET -- Weigh-ins re-air on FUEL TV
    6:00 p.m. ET -- UFC Primetime re-air on FUEL TV
    6:00 p.m. ET -- Re-air of Cain Velasquez vs. Brock Lesnar on FOX Deportes
    7:00 p.m. ET -- UFC prelims live on FOX Deportes
    7:00 p.m. ET -- Pre-fight show on FUEL TV, hosted by Glazer, along with Kenny Florian and Stephan Bonnar
    9:00 p.m. ET -- UFC on FOX broadcast, hosted by Curt Menefee, along with Dana White, Brock Lesnar and Joe Rogan. Mike Goldberg and Rogan will call the heavyweight title fight.
    10 p.m. ET -- UFC on FOX post-fight show on FUEL TV, hosted by Glazer, along with Florian and Bonnar

In addition, FOX Sports Radio will air five hours live coverage on Nov. 12, which will include pre-fight analysis, the call of the heavyweight title fight and a post-fight show hosted by MMA journalist Larry Pepe.

UFC on FOX 1 takes place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

vCash

''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Dit weekend alweer. ben er in de nacht zeker bij...

vCash

vCash

vCash

UFC on FOX Roundtable: Big Questions Before the Big Fight

We're just a few days away from the first UFC on FOX event, and still so many questions remain. What will the show look like? Will Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos manage to deliver in the UFC's hour of need? And what ever shall I wear?!

To answer at least a couple of these queries, I enlisted the help of my MMA Fighting colleague Mike Chiappetta for a good old-fashioned writers' roundtable. Let's do this.

1. What do you make of the decision to air just one fight on FOX? If you were calling the shots, how would you spend that extra time?

Fowlkes:
    I'm going to file this under 'Decisions I Understand, But Do Not Like.' It's a big file, one that begins with my parents' refusal to take me to a Guns N' Roses concert in 1991, and one that gets a little fatter every time the city denies my request to re-zone my garage as a tanning salon.

The UFC made a bold and perhaps brilliant move by throwing a heavyweight title fight on network TV. Everyone, regardless of their combat sports IQ, can appreciate the significance of the heavyweight title. Two big guys are going to try and knock each other out on a channel you could get with your grandmother's TV? Of course you want to see that.

When deciding how best to use the hour-long introduction on FOX, I can understand the need to both a) take some time and educate new viewers on what all this MMA nonsense is really about, while also b) preparing for the unlikely possibility that Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos will go the full five.

That said, would it kill them to keep one of the evening's better fights in the can, just in case? If there's an amazing fight somewhere on the undercard, wouldn't you want the flexibility to throw it onto the broadcast, time permitting? I know you need to take a minute and explain to some viewers that, contrary to what they've heard, biting and eye-gouging are not allowed in this crazy Thunderdome-esque sport, but too much of that and you risk condescending to your audience. I realize I'm biased, but I'd rather see a hand-picked fight from the prelims than a primer on joint locks.

Chiappetta: Reality check ... Let's not forget that this fight isn't even part of the actual UFC-FOX contract. It is essentially a one-hour infomercial preview to advertise the coming of the UFC on FOX in 2012. And what do they give us? It's not Ron Popeil talking about a new product that is going to change your life. They're giving us a UFC heavyweight championship fight. For free. Yet people complain this isn't enough? So you're telling me you would rather have paid $54.95 to watch five fights just before the holiday season hits? I'm not buying it. This is a lot of belly-aching over something MMA observers should be thrilled about. I think MMA fans are conditioned to believe they're getting the short end of the stick no matter what. Having the spotlight on just one significant fight will make it easy to understand for those who are tuning into MMA for the first time, and this may hurt to hear, but this fight is more about them than you.

I like the fact that FOX will have brief pre-fight interviews with Velasquez and dos Santos, which will probably make the start time of the fight around 9:15 pm ET. If the fight ends in a flash, I would of course show replays and allow time for analysis of what just happened. And in the true spirit of the infomercial sell, I'd have Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem on site to hype their fight and promote the winner as the next contender for the championship. One hour will go by in a flash.

vCash

2. A lot seems to depend on whether this fight goes 25 minutes or 25 seconds. Call it: who wins, how, and when?

Chiappetta:
    If Cain Velasquez never suffered through his shoulder injury, this would be easier to predict, but a torn rotator cuff is a serious injury for any athlete, let alone someone whose livelihood depends on punching, pushing and pummeling for position. Because of that, a question mark hangs over this fight that otherwise wouldn't be there.

That said, I have to assume that Velasquez is close enough to 100 percent that he'll be able to do most of the things that have led to his unbeaten record and the title. He'll mix up his striking with punches, kicks and elbows, sprinkle in a few takedowns and even grind dos Santos against the cage in hopes of sapping his explosiveness and power. dos Santos' hands are so gifted that there's simply no reason to engage him where he's best, and Velasquez doesn't have to. It is Velasquez's motor that will ultimately win it, though. He can fight at a blistering pace longer than anyone at heavyweight. After the grind of a couple of rounds, that will get to dos Santos.

Velasquez wins by TKO from ground strikes late in the third round.

Fowlkes: The big question for me is, how conservative will Velasquez decide to play it? Are we looking at a replay of his fight with Cheick Kongo, which was a real nail-biter for every second it stayed standing and a total blowout every time it hit the mat? Or will the pressure to go all Forrest Griffin-Stefan Bonnar for the FOX debut get to the champ and make him do some things that might not be in his best interest?

I might be more worried about that with a different fighter, perhaps one known to let the spirit of the moment take him out of his game, but that's not Velasquez. The poise he showed in his bout with Brock Lesnar will serve him well here, and having a smart camp full of veteran coaches won't hurt either. I think he trades punches just long enough to open dos Santos up for the takedown, then he wears him out on the mat. I agree that it will be more of a grind than an explosion, and I also agree that dos Santos will succumb to the pace and the pressure more than the sheer power.

But because I agree with you, I must attempt to upstage you by getting even more specific with my prediction. Thus: Velasquez wins by TKO (corner stoppage), at the end of the fourth round, following 20 solid minutes of straight-up beatdown that JDS' trainers simply cannot stand to watch any longer. As Velasquez celebrates across the cage, JDS remains on his stool, blinded by swelling, insisting that he can continue even as his coach fans him with a towel and tells him that he doesn't have anything left to prove. "Not to me," he'll add, choking back tears. "Not to anyone."

Thank you and goodnight!

3. The undercard fighters are, in a way, a part of history here, but is this a raw deal for guys like Clay Guida and Ben Henderson?

Fowlkes:
    Short answer: yes. How could it not be a raw deal? Usually, even if you're the curtain-jerker for a UFC pay-per-view, there is at least a chance that you could end up on TV. If you have a great fight or a quick finish you might just make the broadcast and please your sponsors, not to mention your family and friends. Granted, it's far from guaranteed, but at least you have that lottery ticket in your back pocket.

With this event, however, there's not even a chance. Even Guida and Henderson will have to be content with a Facebook stream and an appearance on Fox Deportes. No offense to The D (that's a hip new nickname I'm trying to start for Fox Deportes -- just play along), but I'm not sure Guida grew up dreaming of the day he'd be fighting on a Spanish-language cable TV broadcast. Years from now these other guys on the FOX card might be the answers to a trivia question, but Cain and JDS are what people will remember. Kind of a bummer, when you consider what's at stake in some of these fights that will be afterthoughts for the vast majority of viewers.

Chiappetta:
    I don't know Fowlkes, have you ever seen a Spanish telenovela? If the hero gets the girl, I don't think Guida would be so opposed.

But yes, it is a raw deal for Guida and Henderson, who will be competing in the biggest fight of their lives before an internet audience of ... thousands? That said, I would expect a raucous crowd at the venue in Anaheim, and there is a huge potential reward in it for both men, so it's not exactly going to be meaningless. In some ways, this might be a bigger letdown for Guida, who has fought for the UFC for five years and probably saw this bout as his coming-out party. Henderson is at a much earlier stage in his career, and after recently coming over from the WEC, he might not take the bright lights and big audiences for granted.

An internet stream is not the optimal outlet for a fight of this importance, but at least the winner can soothe himself with the probable top contender status that is likely to come his way.

vCash

vCash

vCash

is deze partij te zien bij de streams die we normaal kijken?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fyodor View Post
    hahahahaha lachen man

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thefxr View Post
    nope
    hoe kennen we die dan kijken? dus opblijven is zinloos?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeone View Post
    hoe kennen we die dan kijken? dus opblijven is zinloos?
    Gewoon wachten tot volgend jaar. Komt vanzelf wel eens op internet langs.

vCash

Bij Kiwi staat hij op het schema:

Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 11.00am-5.00pm Stream 1

[..]

UFC Cain Velasquez vs. Brazil Junior Dos Santos 2.00am-5.00am Stream 3

vCash

Prachtig filmpje Fyodor!!

vCash

vCash

Hoe gaan jullie het eigenlijk live bekijken dan als er geen stream zal zijn?
    Ali: I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark