MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    vCash

The Cut List: Who's in Desperate Need of a Win at UFC 140?

The UFC returns to Toronto this weekend for another big pay-per-view event, though don't expect an all-star stadium show this time around. What you can expect at UFC 140 is a quality card with some big name fighters who are hungry for a win, along with a few lesser-knowns who need a victory just to make sure there are presents under the tree this Christmas.

So who needs a win like Dana White needs a Saturday night off, and what are their chances for a bright future and an upbeat after-party? For answers, we turn to the Cut List.

Tito Ortiz (16-9-1, 15-9-1 UFC)
    Who he's facing: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    Why he's in danger: Remember back before his career-salvaging victory at UFC 132, when Dana White said, "Dude, it's 2011; He's got to win"? Yeah, well I'm pretty sure he didn't mean, 'He's got to win once and then never again.' Ortiz rose from the ashes with his surprising submission of Ryan Bader, and then he further ingratiated himself to the UFC by offering to step up and fight Rashad Evans just a month later. The UFC was so grateful for that favor, it probably didn't even care that he went right back to his losing ways with a second-round TKO. A little goodwill is a fine thing to have in this business, but Ortiz is still 1-5-1 in his last seven bouts, stretching all the way back to 2006. I can see cutting him some slack after his two-month stint as unlikely hero this summer, but how long can he survive on those rapidly fading glories? If he loses to Nogueira, as oddsmakers expect him to, then what? He'll still be a marketable commodity, still one of the UFC's most famous, yet least successful fighters, and he'll still be the guy who did the UFC a solid when others wouldn't. That will buy him some time, but it won't make him untouchable. He's still got to win a few fights here and there, and he'd really help himself out if he can start with a middle-aged Brazilian.
    Outlook: Not good. Ortiz is in a tough spot. He's too famous and too expensive for the UFC to put him in against mid-card guys, but he's not quite well-rounded enough to handle the new generation of talented 205-pounders. I don't want to say the game has passed him by, but...okay, it probably has. I think he loses this fight, but still gets one more chance to pull off a resurrection. The more fights he drops, the more the win over Bader looks like one good night in a sea of bad ones.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (19-5, 2-2 UFC)
    Who he's facing:
    Tito Ortiz
    Why he's in danger: After dropping back-to-back decisions to Ryan Bader and then Phil Davis, Little Nog is now one defeat away from the dreaded three-fight losing streak. He's also 35 years old and the lesser-known of the two Nogueira brothers in the UFC, so it's not at all unfathomable that a loss here could convince the brass that they're carrying one more Nogueira than they need. Face it, it's not as if the UFC is hurting for popular Brazilian fighters at this point. They've got better and they've got younger, so what does Little Nog bring to the table? His ability to shut down strong wrestlers (which the division is positively choking with these days) is questionable at best, and he hasn't finished an opponent since his UFC debut a little over two years ago. So what's keeping him employed? Well, he's still a Nogueira, which is the Brazilian MMA equivalent of being a Baldwin brother. Even if he might be Stephen to Big Nog's Alec, it's still better than being some nobody. Plus, he's still a threat when he can stay upright. If his takedown defense is good enough to force a stand-up fight with Ortiz, you have to like his chances.
    Outlook: Cautiously optimistic. I think he beats Ortiz, barring another career resurrection by the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy." Even if he loses, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get one more go. Long-term, it's hard to see him lasting in this division with this style.

Dennis Hallman (50-14-2 [1 NC], 3-5 UFC)
    Who he's facing: John Makdessi
    Why he's in danger: Did you see the man's speedos at UFC 133? Better yet, did you catch Dana White's reaction to the speedos? Personally, I thought it was kind of funny, and not too different from the stuff we see MMA fighters wear with a straight face, but apparently the boss isn't into that brand of humor. It's never a good sign for your career when the other guy gets a bonus solely for getting you and your wardrobe off TV quickly. Hallman didn't make many friends in the UFC that night, and he was already on slightly shaky ground. At 36, Hallman is the journeyman's journeyman. There were times when he would have fought on a week's notice in your living room for a hundred bucks, and he'd even help move the furniture back into place afterward. He put together a couple UFC wins over guys who have since been shown the door, but he squandered whatever good will he had with the speedo stunt. Now he needs to win just to stay viable, and Makdessi's an unbeaten prospect who could make up for what he lacks in experience (and few are as experienced as Hallman) with youth and speed. If Hallman becomes the latest Makdessi knockout victim, you just know White would take pleasure in informing Hallman that he'll soon have plenty of free time to spend sunbathing on the French Riviera.
    Outlook: Grim. Hallman's as grizzled a vet as they come, and if he shows up healthy he could definitely give Makdessi problems. Still, he'll need to save a kitten from a burning building to get back in White's good graces. That kitten had better be cute, too. And just adorably smudged with ash, blinking its big, innocent eyes at the new world that Hallman's heroism has allowed it see. Sorry, got carried away.

Mark Bocek: (9-4, 5-4 UFC)
    Who he's facing: Nik Lentz
    Why he's in danger: Bocek has spent more than half his career quietly toiling away in the UFC, but he's yet to really distinguish himself. He doesn't have a single win over anyone who's still in the UFC, and every time he's faced a high-level opponent he's ended up on the losing end. Then again, he's been in there with some tough customers -- guys like Frankie Edgar, Ben Henderson, and Jim Miller. In fact, the only loss on his record where he hasn't been vindicated by future results is a submission loss to Mac Danzig, so cut him some slack, right? To a point, yes. But eventually he's going to start to look like a guy who'll never be really popular with the fans, will never be anything more than a mid-level truth serum for guys who don't belong in the UFC at all, and is only useful on the fight cards where the UFC needs a local boy. If he loses to Lentz, who has a way of making people look bad, things could come to a head sooner rather than later for Bocek.
    Outlook: Hazy. He's a skilled enough fighter that he can still beat a lot of people on the UFC roster, but will he ever beat the big boys? I doubt it, and you can only hang around the middle for so long.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    10 inch=25 cm
    lol niet dus.
    THE CURE IS FREE, YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE DISEASE.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cholitzu View Post
    lol niet dus.
    Nee joh?
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

Nee joh?
    Nee... 25.4cm

vCash

Voor cholitzu telt natuurlijk elke mm

Ik zal voortaan preciezer zijn gast

vCash

Ja ik hoop dat ie dat bedoelt, anders staat ie behoorlijk voor lul

Voor cholitzu telt natuurlijk elke mm

Ik zal voortaan preciezer zijn gast
    Doe dat pik.

vCash

Als je er zo mee zit, zal ik het proberen. Wellicht is het arrogantie maar, voor mij stelt een mm niks voor. Maar dat ik hierbij geen rekening hou met de gevoeligheden van andere is gewoon verkeerd van mij.

Als je er zo mee zit, zal ik het proberen. Wellicht is het arrogantie maar, voor mij stelt een mm niks voor. Maar dat ik hierbij geen rekening hou met de gevoeligheden van andere is gewoon verkeerd van mij.

vCash

Zo sta je er bij als je je zub probeert te vangen zeker ? ^^

vCash

Lyoto Machida UFC 140 Open Workout Video

Watch Lyoto Machida workout in front of the public and media at Wednesday's UFC 140 open workout at Xtreme Couture in Toronto.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/lyoto-machida-ufc-140-workout/1315369463001

vCash

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Looks to Make Splash at UFC 140 Off Tito Ortiz's Name

Watch below as Antonio Rogerio Nogueira discusses his UFC 140 fight against Tito Ortiz, the injury which precluded him from fighting at UFC 133, why he is so confident heading into this fight, and more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/antonio-rogerio-nogueira-ufc-140-pre-fight-interview/1315357474001

vCash

Frank Mir Sees Positives in Having to Fight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Again

Watch below as Frank Mir talks about his UFC 140 rematch against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, the positives he sees in fighting "Big Nog" again, their first meeting, his weight, his media work, and where a win over Nogueira would place him in the heavyweight division.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/frank-mir-ufc-140-pre-fight-interview/1315357484001

vCash

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Discusses Health Status Heading Into UFC 140

Watch below as Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira discusses his rematch against Frank Mir at UFC 140, his health status going into the rematch, what went wrong the first time they fought, and his place in the heavyweight division.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-ufc-140-pre-fight-interview/1315356347001

vCash

Jon Jones UFC 140 Open Workout Video

Watch below as UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones works out in front of the fans and media at Wednesday's open workout at Xtreme Couture in Toronto.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/jon-jones-ufc-140-workout/1315356365001

vCash

Lyoto Machida Reveals Whether Sensei Seagal Will Be at UFC 140

Watch below as Lyoto Machida talks about his UFC 140 title fight against Jon Jones, being an underdog going into the fight, the critics who say he doesn't deserve a title shot, whether Sensei Seagal will be at UFC 140, and why he still loves to drink his urine.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/lyoto-machida-ufc-140-pre-fight-interview/1315353540001

vCash

My karma just ran over your dogma.

vCash

Default Machida voorbereiding voor UFC 140 (trainingsvideo)

Mooi om te zien dat hij met een relatief klein team zijn voorbereidingen doet.

Toch zeg ik Jones op TKO in de 2e ronde.
    Last edited by Kemal; 08-12-2011 at 17:54. Reason: youtube video link
    Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone/Luke Rockhold/Jon Jones

vCash

In de countdown op ufc.com vertelt hij dat hij eerst alleen trainde met zijn 2 broers en zijn vader. Ongelooflijk knap dat hij dan zo ver komt.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Appielwt View Post
    In de countdown op ufc.com vertelt hij dat hij eerst alleen trainde met zijn 2 broers en zijn vader. Ongelooflijk knap dat hij dan zo ver komt.
    Ja precies! Weinig invloeden van buitenaf.

Hij heeft voor deze partij volgens mij alleen King Mo laten overvliegen voor het worstelen, meer niet.
    Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone/Luke Rockhold/Jon Jones

vCash

Jon Jones Doesn't Envy Lyoto Machida's Tough Task, and He's Not Alone

TORONTO -- Jon Jones strolled into Wednesday's open workouts with the look of a man who knew he was walking into his own surprise birthday party. He smiled and bowed his head at all the attention, as if somehow shocked by how many people had filled the sturdy little bomb shelter of a gym, but he knew this was coming. He knew he'd be the main attraction, and he didn't mind one bit.

And why shouldn't it be this way? Just a few days away from his second light heavyweight title defense -- this time against Lyoto Machida at UFC 140 -- few are expecting anything other than another demonstration of Jones' physical and technical superiority.

"I think it's a rough fight for Machida, to be honest with you," said fellow UFC 140 main card fighter Frank Mir.

"Is [Machida] capable [of beating Jones]? Of course he's capable, 100 percent," said former Machida foe Tito Ortiz. "Will he do it? I don't think so. I think Jon Jones is on a roll. His confidence is through the roof. He feels untouchable."

vCash

vCash

vCash

Tito Ortiz Sets a Date for Retirement, But Can He Keep It?

When you get to be a fighter of Tito Ortiz's age and stature, there's really no escaping these kinds of questions. Not for long, anyway. People see you fighting into your mid-30s with mixed success and they want to know, how long can he keep this up? Perhaps what they really want to know is, how long does he think he can keep this up?

In other words, it's the kind of question where you don't necessarily expect an honest or even realistic answer. Maybe that's why Ortiz's response at Wednesday's UFC 140 open workouts was so surprising.

"May 30, 2012," he told reporters. At first it sounded like a joke. As if he was getting intentionally overly specific to mock the idea that something like this could be planned. After all, May 30 is a Wednesday. Is he going to end his career with a sparring session?

Then he kept going, and it became clear: Tito is serious about this.

"That'll be 15 years," Ortiz said of the May 30th mark. "15 years has been my goal. I make it to 15 years, that'd be my second fight, finishing this contract, maybe it's time to hang up the gloves, walk away while I'm still healthy. I don't want to get any more surgeries. I have three boys. I have a family to take care of. I've made enough money to take care of my family now."

And when you think about it, that's the reasonable response. If anything, maybe it's too reasonable. After some of his contemporaries have been dragged kicking and screaming from the sport, who would have guessed that Ortiz would be the level-headed one to set a date? Who would have guessed that Ortiz would be the one to realize about himself exactly what others have said of guys like Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva?

"What else do I got to prove?" Ortiz said. "I don't have to prove anything else in this MMA world."

But then, it's one thing to set a date, and another thing entirely to keep it. Fighters think retirement sounds difficult in theory, but it's nothing compared to the real thing. Many a pugilist has hung up the gloves, only to take them down and put them back on when the rocking chair didn't prove to be as satisfying as they thought.

Ortiz says the date is "set in stone in my own mind," and you have to admit he has some good reasons. The surgeries have piled up lately, his neck is an almost constant concern, and there's the very real chance that he might stick around too long and do something to himself that cannot be undone. As he explained, he'd like to be able to play catch with his boys somewhere down the line, rather than grinding every last ounce of usefulness out of his body in pursuit of a paycheck he doesn't really need at this point.

He doesn't expect retirement to come easy, he said, "but I don't want to disrespect the sport. I don't want to stay over my welcome. I want to make sure I walk away healthy. It's a family decision for me."

He even has an idea of how he'd like to go out between now and May 30 of next year, regardless of how Saturday night's fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira turns out.

"My last fight I would love to be against Forrest [Griffin]," he said. "I think I deserve that. I beat him the first time. The second time we fought, I beat him and they gave it to him. Let's do three of a kind."

What, you thought just because he was leaving, he was going to stop being "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy"? He might have the self-awareness to see for himself when the ride is over, but that doesn't mean he's going to start acting like the sport's elder statesman just yet.

But you have to give him credit -- or at least you will if actually sticks to his own plan. So many of his peers haven't been able to recognize the end for what it is, even when it's staring them in the face. Ortiz could go on, but that doesn't mean he has to. Not after the time he's put in, and the toll it's already taken on him.

"15 years is a long time," he said. "To get up and do what I do every single day for 15 years, it's hard."

After that long, waking up on the morning of May 31 and figuring out what to do next might not be so easy either.

vCash

Mark Bocek Wanted Nothing to Do With MMA After UFC 129 Loss

Watch below as Mark Bocek talks about his UFC 140 fight against Nik Lentz, how he felt after losing to Ben Henderson at UFC 129, why he took the loss so badly, the UFC's return to Toronto, and how he sees this fight playing out

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/mark-bocek-ufc-140-pre-fight-interview/1317015109001