MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Shoulder Injury Will Require Surgery and Layoff for Rich Franklin

A shoulder injury suffered in training has been diagnosed as a torn labrum, and will require surgery for UFC light heavyweight Rich Franklin.

According to a news release distributed by his publicist, Franklin was engaged in grappling practice when the injury occurred. The corrective procedure is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 13.

Franklin has reportedly been told by his doctor that he can expect a full recovery in two to three months, and return to training shortly thereafter.

Franklin (28-6) last fought at UFC 126 in February, where he lost a unanimous decision to Forrest Griffin. He's alternated wins and losses in his last six fights.

The former UFC middleweight champion had been scheduled to face Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 133, but after an injury forced Nogueira out of the match, Franklin was eventually pulled from the card. Since then, rumors of a bout with Tito Ortiz materialized, but now it appears the injury will at least temporarily derail that possibility.

"The timing of this shoulder injury is unfortunate considering my fight was pulled from the UFC 133 card, but I know everything will go as planned and that I will recover quickly," Franklin said in a statement. "The UFC is being supportive, and I hope my fans also will be understanding. I promise to get back in the octagon and fight again as soon as possible."
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Maar hopen dat Franklin weer helemaal gaat herstellen. Een partij tegen Ortiz lijkt mij wel de moeite waard!
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie