MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    vCash

Simon bedankt voor de duidelijke info en Bas succes met de onderhandelingen.
    Als burgemeester Van der Laan ook nog een beetje meewerkt hebben we hopelijk volgend jaar weer een geweldig gala in Nederland met vechter van It's Showtime en Golden Glory.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Even een bump...

vCash

After Years of Problems, Kazuyuki Miyata Has Had Enough of FEG

Fighting and Entertainment Group, the Japan-based K-1 promoter and co-promoter of DREAM, is falling apart at the seams.

As if Simon Rutz's claims of bankruptcy earlier this week were not enough, top DREAM featherweight Kazuyuki Miyata also spoke publicly against Japan's leading fight-sport promoter this week, claiming in a blog post that after two and a half years of patience, he has had enough of the dishonesty and problems surrounding FEG.

Speaking exclusively to MMAFighting.com, the recent DREAM title contender detailed his problems with FEG, his plans for the future and gave his thoughts on the UFC's 2012 Japan return.

Although foreign fighters have been vocal about their problems with FEG, Kazuyuki Miyata became the first Japanese fighter to publicly speak out against the troubled Japanese promoter this week, stating in a blog post that his contract with FEG has been "irreparably damaged due to payment issues" and "dishonesty" and that he will not continue to work with them.

"Well, as it has already been known or [at least] rumored by most in the industry for some time now, and recently has come to light in the world media, certain fighters, such as myself, have not been paid either in full, and/or at all by FEG for quite some time now... a couple of years actually, in my case," said Miyata to MMAFighting.com.

"In the beginning, Mr. Tanikawa and FEG where very good to me. They treated me very well and I was on a good contract," said the former Olympic wrestler. "Before going any further, let me take this opportunity to state how much I sincerely appreciate those initial stages of my relationship with FEG and Mr. Tanikawa, The opportunities [I received due to that contract] helped me, my family and my career during those initial stages."

Although falling victim to the incredibly difficult matchmaking during the early stages of his career, Miyata received almost unparalleled support from FEG at the height of the Japanese fight-sport bubble. In addition to the exceptional purses up for grabs in the Japanese fight scene during the mid 2000s, Miyata also received a monthly salary and support for his family during training camps.

With the collapse of PRIDE in 2007 however, the fight-sport bubble was burst and Miyata, Alistair Overeem, Ray Sefo, Jerome LeBanner, Peter Aerts and many more have been chasing payments for years now. While Miyata declined to reveal how much is owed by FEG, if it is in line with his others who have gone public against FEG, it is likely to be a significant amount.

"It is for the reasons above that I trusted Mr. Tanikawa and FEG and continued to be patient with the ongoing promises of being paid in full for as long as I did," said Miyata.

Although Miyata has been able to survive financially due to sponsor support, after not receiving fight payment for so long, one may wonder where the recent DREAM featherweight title contender gets his motivation to compete. Removing money from the equation though has actually brought surprising clarity to Miyata's career.

"Japanese events used to be on network TV and more mass media exposure. Being in the public eye really inspired and motivated me, but in recent times the events have been aired really late at night, edited down to only an hour or so, and eventually not aired on free to air at all," explained Miyata. "But now with events not being shown on network TV and without as much media exposure, it has made me realize my real passion for the sport and why I evolve and compete. [Fighting] has been my life for many years and I appreciate the opportunity to do what I love professionally. That's what really inspires and motivates me now."

Despite his problems with FEG while fighting for DREAM, Miyata does intend to continue fighting and will fight in Japan's leading MMA promotion, at least for the time being.

"Of course I am planning to continue competing," said Miyata. "My contract with FEG was completed at the end of last year and it was from that time forward that I negotiated a fight-by-fight contract with DREAM [co-promoter] Real Entertainment. I am very interested in the UFC and potentially entering that realm but at present, I have my sights set on the end of year show here in Japan [but] will consider my options after that, sometime early next year."

Miyata mentioned in a blog post earlier this week that Real Entertainment, the company formed by ex-PRIDE FC employees who partnered with FEG to co-promote DREAM, is financially "healthy." Although DREAM still lacks TV support and sponsors, fighters who have been directly contracted to Real Entertainment (i.e. those who didn't extend their contracts from the former FEG-run K-1 Heroes promotion) have not publicly complained of payment issues.

Whether or not the UFC can be successful in Japan with their Feb. 26 Saitama Super Arena daytime event is a hot topic among pundits. For Miyata though, rather than speculate on the possible failures of a Japanese UFC event, he is more interested in finally seeing the evolution of MMA in Japan.

"I'm no expert on [promotion], but what I can say is that I am very interested in seeing firsthand the top fighters the UFC has to offer on Japan soil. I'm much more interested in the new and exciting evolution of the sport, rather than continually seeing ex-Pride fighters perform."
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

K-1: toch een Final Eight?

Anil Dubar, de aan Kamakura Gym in Den Haag verbonden trainer van K-1-vechter Daniel Ghiţă, meldt: “Onze manager en de K-1 zijn druk bezig om toch wat uit de K-1 grond te stampen. Vanochtend werd ons medegedeeld fit te blijven en door te trainen. Eind van de week zou er misschien toch een grote K-1 onthulling kunnen komen. Ze zijn vooralsnog niet dood en helemaal niet begraven, was het bericht.”

Heeft de K-1 inmiddels betaald dan, dat er nu geprobeerd wordt om alsnog wat te organiseren?
    “Ze focussen ten eerste op het evenement, de Final Eight. Ze doen hun uiterste best om hun K-1 historie vanaf ’93 vol te houden, dit houdt in dat ze ook in 2011 hun K-1 kampioen willen hebben. Dus vandaar dat ze direct met de finale bezig zijn. Voor ons is het goede nieuws dat Ghiţă er gelijk in staat. En dat geld komt dan voordat men deelneemt. Zo willen ze dat doen.”

Enig idee wie er nog meer in de Final Eight zouden staan?
    “Namen die genoemd zijn: Ghiţă, Hari, Aerts, Gerges, Kyotaro. Met de rest wordt op voorhand onderhandeld.”

Dus het gerucht dat Aerts 11 december vecht tegen ene Mr. Kamikaze is niet waar?
    “Hoho, dat is zeker waar. Bron: Bouzidi, mijn andere leerling, die met Aerts traint. Peter vecht die partij zeker, tenzij de K-1 een herleving maakt natuurlijk. Dus vooralsnog vecht Peter daar zeker. En de finale zou nu eventueel eind november komen, dit omdat Rutz de Showtime-vechters fit wil houden vanwege het Showtime-gala op 28 januari.”

Bron: Kortsluiting: K-1: toch een Final Eight?

vCash

Ik ook niet, maar ja ik meldt het maar even voor het geval dat...

vCash

"Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."

vCash

October 27, 2011 - Tokyo, Japan - FEG has announced that they decided to postpone "K-1 WORLD GP 2011 IN NANJING FINAL16".

A press-release from FEG says they have been making an effort to hold K-1 WGP in Nanjing just before the date of the event but some issues FEG holds such as visa preparation have not been solved, Then they decided to postpone the WGP in Nanjing. In the release, They state they sincerely apologize to fans, fighters and all the persons concerned for this postponement, and also mention that further information will be announced after matters become certain.

October 27 2011 Last updated at 08:17 AM ET
    FEG Officially Postpones K-1 World GP Final 16

By Daniel Herbertson MMA Writer and Photographer

It's the news we all knew was coming - Fighting and Entertainment Group announced to the media on Thursday that it is postponing the K-1 World GP Final 16 which was initially scheduled for Oct. 29 in Nanjing, China.

The postponement, which comes only two days before the original event date, was due to "visa issues and other problems" according to the FEG release. The official reason for the postponement is rather weak given that IT'S SHOWTIME president Simon Rutz declared K-1 promoter FEG "technically bankrupt" in a tell-all press release earlier this month. FEG is yet to address Rutz's comments.

Additionally, the word "postpone" is quite optimistic as sources indicate that there will be no chance of a K-1 World GP Final 16 this year. Significant progress has been made towards revitalizing the K-1 brand though with details regarding the possible sale of the world's leading kickboxing promotion likely to be announced next week. Although the K-1 World GP Final 16 will not be taking place in 2011, it is still possible that one event be held in mid-December.

As of Thursday evening, the K-1 website is yet to announce the postponement or acknowledge financial issues, currently only saying that changes are being made regarding ticketing.

Although FEG is yet to publicly admit any of the recent problems within K-1, fighters continue to flock from the promotion. Reigning K-1 heavyweight champion Kyotaro returned his belt earlier this week, announcing that he is leaving K-1 for the boxing ring, partially due to unpaid fight purses. Alistiar Overeem, Badr Hari, Tyrone Spong and Gokhan Saki have also left kickboxing or are possibly planing to leave soon. Jerome Le Banner, Ray Sefo, Peter Aerts and others have also been working the pro-wrestling scene in Japan.

K-1 legend Ray Sefo and HDNet Fights commentator Michael Schiavello have estimated that FEG owe fighters an astounding $10,000,000. In an interview with the Japanese media, Sefo stated that he alone is owed $700,000.

In an attempt to clear some of the debts, FEG reportedly offered some fighters positions in K-1 World GP Final 16 in exchange for waiving half the money that the promoter owed. It is not known who received these offers or what effect it will have on the fighters now that the 2011 K-1 World GP is officially postponed and most likely cancelled entirely.
    Last edited by MaTo; 28-10-2011 at 11:14.