NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default UFC Fight Night 25 Results: Shields vs. Ellenberger **SPOILER**

Televised Bouts

Jake Ellenberger def. Jake Shields via first-round TKO
    Court McGee def. Dongi Yang via unanimous decision
    Erik Koch def. Jonathan Brookins via unanimous decision
    Alan Belcher def. Jason MacDonald via submission (verbal, strikes)

Preliminary Bouts
    Vagner Rocha def. Cody McKenzie via submission (rear-naked choke)
    Evan Dunham def. Shamar Bailey via unanimous decision
    Lance Benoist def. Matthew Riddle via unanimous decision
    Ken Stone def. Donny Walker via technical submission (rear-naked choke)
    Seth Baczynski def. Clay Harvison via submission (rear-naked choke)
    T.J. Waldburger def. Mike Stumpf via submission (triangle choke)
    Robert Peralta def. Mike Lullo via unanimous decision
    Justin Edwards def. Jorge Lopez via unanimous decision
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

UFC Fight Night 25 Bonuses: Jake Ellenberger Collects $55,000 for KO of Night

NEW ORLEANS – In the battle of the two Jakes, Ellenberger dismantled Shields quickly in the first round, and he's an extra $55,000 richer because of it.

In the main event of UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans on Saturday, Jake Ellenberger stopped Jake Shields with a 54-second TKO – his fifth straight win in the welterweight division. After the fight, UFC president Dana White awarded Ellenberger the Knockout of the Night bonus of $55,000.

The night's other bonus winners were Lance Benoist and Matt Riddle for Fight of the Night and TJ Waldburger for Submission of the Night, a first-round triangle choke win over Mike Stumpf, who was making his UFC debut.

Ellenberger became the first fighter to stop Shields since 2000, Shields' first pro loss in his third fight. Shields, the former Strikeforce middleweight champion, went more than six years without a loss before he fell to welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in April. Shields now has two straight losses for the first time in his career, and falls to 1-2 in the UFC – his lone win being a controversial split decision over Martin Kampmann in his debut last October.

Ellenberger's fifth straight win was also his fourth KO or TKO in his last five fights. The win is likely to put him squarely into the welterweight title picture. St-Pierre defends his title against Carlos Condit next month, with BJ Penn and Nick Diaz also in consideration.

Waldburger recorded the night's first submission, and it held up with three other submissions on the night, plus a verbal tappet. The former Shark Fights welterweight champion is now 2-1 since joining the UFC last year.

And Benoist and Riddle may have had little competition for their Fight of the Night win, a back-and-forth battle with plenty of blood that Benoist won by a 29-28 unanimous decision. Benoist was making his UFC debut and stays unbeaten in his pro career at 6-0.

vCash

Erik Koch Beats Jonathan Brookins, Extends Win Streak to Four

WEC veteran Erik Koch made it back-to-back wins in the UFC Saturday, outpointing The Ultimate Fighter 12 winner Jonathan Brookins in an evenly-fought matchup at UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans, La.

A student of Duke Roufus, Koch was the better standup artist with among his highlights, solid lefts, punishing leg kicks and a left high kick. Coming off two straight Knockout of the Night awards (one was in the WEC), the 22-year-old Koch wasn't able to put together explosive performances of the past, but scored enough on the feet to sway the judges in his favor 30-27, 29-28 and 30-27. According to FightMetic, Koch outlanded Brookins in total strikes 86 to 29.

The fight itself wasn't pretty, as Brookins tried to take Koch out of his striking game by constantly shooting for takedowns and dirty-boxing. Brookins was only successful on one takedown which he held for just a mere 30 seconds.

Koch (13-1), who now carries a four-fight win streak, made his UFC debut in March with a knockout over Raphael Assuncao.

Brookins (12-4) of Gracie Barra Orlando was fighting for the first time since beating Michael Johnson last December at the TUF 12 finale.

vCash

Alan Belcher Returns in Impressive Fashion

Middleweight striker Alan Belcher blasted Canadian Jason MacDonald with ground and pound strikes to win in his UFC return Saturday at UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans, La.

Fighting for the first time in 16 months due to a serious eye injury, Belcher showed little ring rust by forcing MacDonald to verbally submit at three minutes and 48 seconds into the first round.

"I didn't know if I ever was going to fight again and I know tonight this is what I want to do," said Belcher, who seemed a fight away from a title shot before the eye injury. "I want to pursue that belt and I'm back, baby."

Despite carrying a five-inch reach advantage, MacDonald felt his best bet was to take the fight to the ground, pulling guard a minute-and-a-half into the fight. After shrugging off MacDonald's intentions for a submission, Belcher punished MacDonald with left-right punches and right elbows. MacDonald attempted a kimura to stop Belcher's flurry, but it also allowed Belcher to pass to side mount. Belcher tried for a crucifix which allowed MacDonald to escape back to open guard. But Belcher's punches were too effective, as he would pass to knee on stomach and fire away for the finish.

Belcher improved his record to 16-5, while MacDonald dropped to 26-15.

vCash

Court McGee Beats Dongyi Yang

TUF 11 winner Court McGee's advanced conditioning became the difference maker in his win over Korean Top Team fighter Dongyi Yang Saturday at UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans, La.

The first 12 minutes of the fight was uneventful kickboxing, but the pace of the fight finally went into hyperdrive when Yang stumbled McGee to his knees with a left hand and then followed by jumping in with a left knee. The southpaw proceeded to climb on McGee's back and seemed to be on his way to victory, but Yang found himself too high up and McGee managed to escape. From there, the better conditioned McGee took down the winded Yang twice and in the final seconds attached a mounted guillotine for the strong last impression.

McGee's hand was raised on scores of 30-27, 29-28, 30-28.

McGee, who improved his record to 11-1 and is now a winner in all three of his UFC fights, is best known for kicking an addiction heroin in 2006 and then turning his life around with a career in MMA. Yang, a former heavyweight, fell to 10-2 overall and 1-2 in the UFC.

vCash

Jake Ellenberger Knocks Out Jake Shields

Jake Ellenberger scored the biggest win of his career Saturday by knocking out Jake Shields in 53 seconds at UFC Fight Night 25 in New Orleans.

Grabbing the Muay Thai clinch, Ellenberger landed a knee to the body and then a knee to the head to collapse Shields forward. Quick to capitalize on his stunned opponent, Ellenberger jumped in with fast left hands for the referee stoppage.

Shields expressed that he could have continued in the post-fight interview with announcer Joe Rogan, but he sure didn't appear to be from the spectator's standpoint, as he tried to take down the referee after the stoppage. The loss was an especially difficult one for the former Strikeforce middleweight champion considering he lost his father less than three weeks ago. Shields came into the fight having only been finished once in his career, a first-round TKO suffered against Marty Armendarez back in March 2000 -- Shields' third professional MMA fight.

Ellenberger, who hasn't tasted defeat since his UFC debut in September 2009 against current No. 1 contender Carlos Condit, made the most his first high-profile fight and now finds himself in welterweight title contention with this win.

"Jake Shields is a champion," Ellenberger said. "I can't explain how I feel right now, it feels great."

With his fifth straight UFC win, Ellenberger improves his overall record to 25-5. Meanwhile, Shields' record slides to 26-6-1.

vCash

Ellenberger is een beest
    Afbeelding te groot.

vCash

Die Court McGee spreekt mij ook wel aan! Berenconditie en gewoon knallen in de derde ronde, waar de meeste leeglopen...
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

Nice
    Ellenberger is een beest, leuk dat Belcher wint na z'n moeilijke tijd achter de rug!
    Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Wow upset. Idd. beest Ellenberger.

vCash

Lekker voor Shields, saaie vechter! Keihard gestraft door een explosieve Ellenberger. Court McGee ook mooie overwinning

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by D1987 View Post
    Lekker voor Shields, saaie vechter! Keihard gestraft door een explosieve Ellenberger. Court McGee ook mooie overwinning
    Beetje meer respect voor Shields mag wel hoor. De man is net een paar weken geleden zijn vader verloren. En ondanks dit heeft hij toch gevochten. Daar kan je alleen maar respect voor hebben. Hij is ook niet mijn favoriete vechter ofzo, maar ik vind een beetje meer respect op zijn plaats.

On : Dikke win voor Ellenberger die denk ik nu #1 contender status heeft.
    LIKE mijn MMA Nieuws Pagina op Facebook !!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/MmaFinest

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertYvelFan24 View Post
    Beetje meer respect voor Shields mag wel hoor. De man is net een paar weken geleden zijn vader verloren. En ondanks dit heeft hij toch gevochten. Daar kan je alleen maar respect voor hebben. Hij is ook niet mijn favoriete vechter ofzo, maar ik vind een beetje meer respect op zijn plaats.

On : Dikke win voor Ellenberger die denk ik nu #1 contender status heeft.
    Waarom val je me aan op me mening? Ik vind het lekker voor Shields, dat hij zijn vader is verloren is klote natuurlijk.

vCash

ik vraag me echt af hoe Ellenberger het tegen GSP zou doen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by D1987 View Post
    Waarom val je me aan op me mening? Ik vind het lekker voor Shields, dat hij zijn vader is verloren is klote natuurlijk.
    Hahaha ik val je mening helemaal niet aan hoor, ik zeg zelf dat Shields ook niet mijn favoriete vechter is (omdat ik hem ook saai vind). Maar 'ik vond lekker voor hem' en 'keihard gestraft' een beetje cru op dit moment. Dat is alles, voel je niet aangevallen dat was niet mijn bedoeling.
    LIKE mijn MMA Nieuws Pagina op Facebook !!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/MmaFinest

vCash

Hehe, wel idd netjes dat hij gewoon vocht. Vind het echt een saaie vechter, maar dat gun je inderdaad niemand. Respect voor hem als persoon.

vCash

Shields moet gewoon weer naar MW waar hij er een stuk beter deed dan op WW.
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...