MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default UFC on Versus 6 Results: Cruz vs. Johnson **SPOILER**

Main card
    Dominick Cruz def. Demetrious Johnson via decision (50-45, 49-46, 50-45)
    Stefan Struve def. Pat Barry via submission (triangle choke) - R2, 3:22
    Anthony Johnson def. Charlie Brenneman via TKO (head kick) - R1, 2:49
    Matt Wiman def. Mac Danzig via unanimous decision (29-28 3x)

Preliminary card
    Yves Edwards def. Rafaello Oliveira via TKO (punches) - R2, 2:44
    Paul Sass def. Michael Johnson via submission (heel hook) - R1, 3:00
    Mike Easton def. Byron Bloodworth via TKO (knees, punches) - R2, 4:52
    TJ Grant def. Shane Roller via verbal submission (armbar) - R3 2:12
    Josh Neer def. Keith Wisniewski via TKO (doctor stoppage) - R2, 5:00

Walel Watson def. Joseph Sandoval via TKO (punches) - R1, 1:17
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

UFC on Versus 6 Bonuses: Stefan Struve, Anthony Johnson Lead $65,000 Winners

Four fighters from Saturday's UFC on Versus 6 card in Washington, D.C., added $65,000 bonus checks to their take-home pay after the show.

Stefan Struve, Anthony Johnson, Matt Wiman and Mac Danzig each took home post-fight bonus awards for their performances in the final UFC event on the Versus channel. The post-fight awards were announced by UFC president Dana White after the card.

The $65,000 total equals the largest amount for a UFC show on either Versus or Spike, tying the $65,000 bonus awards that were handed out after UFC on Versus 5 in Milwaukee in August. UFC on Versus 6 was the promotion's debut in the nation's capital.

Struve, the tallest heavyweight in the UFC, fought the shortest heavyweight in what became a fun kickboxing bout. But when Struve got the fight to the ground and locked in a triangle in the co-main event, Barry used his power to muscle Struve to the sky for a massive slam with the triangle still locked in. Struve though, held the hold, sank it in even tighter and forced Barry to tap, giving Struve the Submission of the Night bonus. It was Barry's second straight loss, the first losing streak of his career. In June, after nearly stopping Cheick Kongo, Kongo pulled off an epic comeback knockout victory.

"He kept me at bay with his kicks because those were landing hard and will definitely leave bruises tomorrow," Struve said after the win. "I was eventually able to get him in the [choke], and once I locked it in I wasn't letting it go. When he slammed me, I was able to put my arm down to catch myself and sink the submission in deeper."

Johnson won Knockout of the Night for his head-kick finish of Charlie Brenneman on the main card. Though Brenneman popped back up quickly after Johnson's left kick to the face, referee Mario Yamasaki had already stepped in to shut the fight down, and the official decision was a TKO for Johnson.

"I hit him hard quite a few times in a row and he didn't look like he was all there," Johnson said. "I landed that head kick and put him on the canvas. He looked done to me, but if that kick hadn't have done it, the punches that would have come afterwards would have."

And Wiman and Danzig rematched after a controversial ending to their first fight in June 2010 – and the reboot was worth the wait. The two battled for three rounds of back-and-forth that earned them Fight of the Night, with Wiman taking a unanimous 29-28 decision. At UFC 115, Wiman won when Yves Lavigne stopped the fight, believing Danzig was out from a choke. He was not, and it's taken 16 months for the rematch, which was scheduled once but delayed with a Danzig injury.

"Mac did fantastic tonight and has nothing to be ashamed of, because I've been on that side of things too," Wiman said. "But I can't deny that it feels good to be on this side of things. You really never know what the judges are going think, and I'm just happy it fell to me this time."

Struve got serious competition from Paul Sass, who submitted Michael Johnson with a heel hook on the preliminary card. Sass stayed unbeaten with the submission and now has 11 of his 12 career wins by tapout. And Wiman-Danzig got competition from the main event bantamweight title fight between champion Dominick Cruz and Demetrious Johnson. But it was likely Cruz's large amount of time spent keeping Johnson pinned along the fence that kept them from the bonus.

vCash

Stefan Struve Submits Pat Barry

Stefan Struve and Pat Barry had the biggest height differential of any two opponents in UFC history when they stepped into the Octagon on Saturday night. And in the end it was Struve's long limbs that made the difference, as he was able to wrap his long legs around Barry's neck and make him tap to a triangle choke/armbar.

The finish to the fight was great, and showed how good Struve is at using his length on the ground. Struve beautifully transitioned into the triangle choke position and stayed there, and when Barry picked Struve up and slammed him to the ground, Struve simply sunk the triangle in deeper.

Struve said after the fight that he was excited to beat Barry, a man he considers a friend outside the Octagon as well as a rival in it.

"I've been working on my kickboxing because Pat is one of the best in the world," Struve said. "What can I say? I'm thrilled with the result. Give it up for Pat, he's one of the coolest dudes in MMA."

The win improves Struve's record to 26-5, and shows just how dangerous Struve is off his back on the ground. For Barry, the loss drops his record to 6-4 and shows how much work he has to do on the ground: Barry has now been submitted three times inside the Octagon.

The good news for Barry is that he'll never have to face an opponent with such a great reach advantage again.

vCash

Anthony Johnson Stops Charlie Brenneman With a Head Kick

In a welterweight battle on Saturday night's UFC live card, Anthony Johnson defeated Charlie Brenneman in the first round thanks to a big head kick -- and a questionable stoppage from the referee.

Johnson is a devastating striker who executed the kick perfectly, landing his foot square on Brenneman's face, and knocking Brenneman flat on his back. But Brenneman appeared to be conscious, alert and ready to defend himself on the ground when referee Mario Yamasaki jumped in to stop the fight. The whole contest lasted just 2 minutes, 49 seconds.

"I'm very happy -- everybody was talking crap about my last performance with Dan Hardy so I figured I had to come in here and make a statement," Johnson said afterward. "I told Charlie he was the first guy to ever really have me nervous because his wrestling is so good."

But while Brenneman's wrestling is good, Johnson's striking is better. The victory improves Johnson's record to 10-3 and likely sets him up for some very big fights in the welterweight division in 2012: He could be a future welterweight title contender. The loss drops Brenneman to 14-3, but there's no shame in losing to Johnson -- especially when the referee didn't do Brenneman any favors.

"He had my number tonight," Brenneman said. "I didn't execute my gameplan and that guy is a beast in the Octagon. I would have kept going if the ref allowed it, but at that point it wasn't up to me."

vCash

Dominick Cruz Beats Demetrious Johnson, Keeps UFC Bantamweight Belt

Dominick Cruz showed once again on Saturday night that he's the best 135-pound fighter in mixed martial arts, beating Demetrious Johnson by unanimous decision to retain the UFC bantamweight title.

It was an exciting, action-packed fight, and a bout that demonstrated just how ruthlessly effective Cruz's fighting style is. The win improved Cruz's professional MMA record to 19-1, and there's no question that he's one of the best fighters in the world, in any weight class.

"It was a tough fight -- the kid's got a sick pace," Cruz said of Johnson. "He didn't surprise me. I was ready for a wicked pace. I knew I had to slow him down by using my strength and my size."

The judges scored it 50-45, 50-45 and 49-46 for Cruz.

Most of the first round was fought on the ground, starting when Johnson clinched Cruz against the cage and Cruz responded by throwing him to the ground, then got on top and transitioned into side control. Johnson was able to land a couple of punches standing, and Johnson did get one takedown of his own, but overall the first round was Cruz's: He controlled the action on the feet and the position on the ground.

Johnson charged in quickly at the start of the second round and hit Cruz with a punch and a kick, but it was soon Cruz who secured the takedown and got on top against the fence. For most of the rest of the round it remained Cruz who was in control, largely controlling the fight standing but also finishing the round on top of Johnson against the fence.

After a couple minutes of battling in the third round, Cruz used a great belly-to-back suplex to get Johnson down and get on top of him, then attempted to sink in a rear naked choke. It appeared that Cruz was close to finishing the fight, but Johnson managed to break free and get back to his feet.

In the fourth round Cruz got his best position on the ground of the fight, taking Johnson down and transitioning into full mount. Cruz wasn't able to do much with that dominant position, but the positional control alone was enough to win him the fourth round and ensure that he'd keep his title as long as he could survive the fifth.

Within the first 30 seconds of the third round, Cruz had another belly-to-back suplex and another dominant position. Johnson got up and kept attacking on his feet, but he had no answer for Cruz in the clinch, and in the final minute of the fight Cruz took Johnson down and got into full mount on the ground. Johnson did manage to get back up for a last flurry of strikes, but Cruz finished the fight on top -- right where he belongs, as the top bantamweight in the sport.

vCash

vCash

vCash

Struve vs Pat: Eerst een darce choke en toen een triangle. Wow! Het staand vechten vondt ik wat tegen vallen eigenlijk. Gefeliciteerd Stefan!
    Favorieten: Nick Diaz - Chad Griggs - Gokhan Saki - Daniel Ghita

vCash

Super vette event met DIKKE partijen!!!!
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Echt een wereldevent.
    Het komt bijna niet voor dat op een ufc ALLE partijen waar voor hun geld leveren.
    Met als kers op de taart een supervet titelgevecht.
    Fighting is poetry in motion