MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Pat Barry niet gecut?

It’s official: A good personality + the willingness to stand-and-bang = job security in the UFC. Following Pat Barry‘s second-round triangle/armbar loss to Stefan Struve at Saturday’s “UFC Live: Cruz vs. Johnson” show, UFC president Dana White was asked about the heavyweight striker’s future in the company, to which DW replied:
    We like guys like that, we like guys that are exciting and guys that come out and fight. I don’t know, Pat’s a guy that we do like. He’s one of the guys that always brings it. He’s like, a lot of people were saying “you’re cutting Dan Hardy,” Dan Hardy comes to fight and always puts on wars. I like the Arturo Gatti type fighters. I like the guys who always bring it. And that’s what this is about. When you’re a fight fan you tune in to see fights and I like guys who do it.”
    Barry is now 3-4 in his UFC career, with three of those losses by submission (and one loss via divine intervention). He’s always a threat as long as the fight remains standing, but he immediately becomes vulnerable once the fight hits the ground. Should Barry be allowed to keep his spot based on entertainment value? Or should he have to get a little more seasoning before he’s allowed back on MMA’s most elite stage?

Bron: http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-on-ver...oing-anywhere/
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

ach, was dat ook gebeurt met Stefan?
    "Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."

vCash

Ik hoop in ieder geval dat ie blijft.
    Denk dat Hunt een goede matchup is

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeone View Post
    ik hoop t ook ja

vCash

Barry is een leuke vechter en sommige van zijn losses waren echt heel close. Bijvoorbeeld zijn partij tegen Kongo. Daar had de ref net zo goed kunnen ingrijpen na de tweede knock down van Kongo. Maar het liep anders weten we nu... Ik ben blij om te horen dat de fightrecord niet alleen bepalend is voor wel/niet cutten. De manier waarop hij vecht, het aantal tko/subs of zelfs de manier waarop hij tijdens de pressconference zichzelf neerzet als een echte sportman, mogen echt meewegen. Ook bij Barry!
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeone View Post
    x2
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

terrecht dat hij niet gecut is, zijn partij met struve deed hij het goed, en over de partij tegen Kongo.. daar hoef ik niet eens wat over te zeggen wat een beukpartij