MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Demian Maia’s manager wants his man to welcome Jake Shields to the middleweight divis

Eduardo Alonso, the manager of UFC middleweight submission machine Demian Maia, has revealed his man wants to go head-to-head with former Strikeforce middleweight champion, Jake Shields next inside the octagon, explaining these sorts of challenges are what still excite him in the sport.
    Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Alonso said:

“It’s a personal desire, but I guess it’d be a good fight, an interesting challenge for Demian. For his record and skills as a fighter, I’m guessing it’d be interesting. Fighting top 10 guys is always interesting. Since he once was a champion in Strikeforce in this weight class and has great wins over top athletes like Dan Henderson, and because he likes to fight on the ground, I believe it’d be a great match-up against Demain.”

“We are still on the first talks with UFC, but our expectations are for him to fight in 2012. I guess there’s a possibility of a new event in Brazil, and that might be a facilitator. Or it can be in Japan in February, something that would be very interesting.”

As for Maia’s last fight with former Sengoku middleweight champion, Jorge Santiago, Alonso said:
    “Many times the guys who fight Demian on the ground do it defensively. That’s what happened, and that’s no reason for Santiago to be ashamed. If he couldn’t finish it, we gotta understand he was fighting another BJJ black belt. Independently of the not so positive professional record in UFC, he’s a really tough athlete, and that’s why he was a champion in Sengoku.”

“What made us proud was that Demian used correctly his game plan, he was capable of controlling the fight and didn’t take risks, he blocked Santiago’s best weapons. At any point Santiago was a threat to him, nor tried a sweep, an attack to his arm or neck. The main goal of the fight was to control and use the game plan to do a safe fight the best possible way.”

Maia and Shields would not doubt be a war on the ground but as is normal with these grappler vs. grappler fights I wouldn’t be surprised to see both men go blow-for-blow in a stand-up war as is normal with these encounters. Stay tuned to MMABay for more news on this potential fight as we get it
    ik hoop het!! Shields vind ik nog steeds zeker een top5 MW vechter, als het al niet samen met sonnen en silva de top3 is...
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Easy win voor Maia denk ik

vCash

Dit is best een vreemde matchup. Persoonlijk denk ik dat Maia op de grond te kort gaat komen. Hij is ongetwijfeld de betere pure BJJ-er maar de combinatie van Shields z'n worstelinvloeden in z'n BJJ gaan het Maia moeilijk maken.
    Maia z'n stand up is zeer verbeterd en ik denk dat hij daar mogenlijk nog de overhand gaat kunnen pakken. Hij moet wel de takedowns van Shields zien te vermijden.
    "If the ref hadn’t stopped him, Fedor was going to take that head home to his spaceship and polish it."

Fedor Emelianenko - "I don't talk about my weaknesses. I work on them."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by superfreak View Post
    Dit is best een vreemde matchup. Persoonlijk denk ik dat Maia op de grond te kort gaat komen. Hij is ongetwijfeld de betere pure BJJ-er maar de combinatie van Shields z'n worstelinvloeden in z'n BJJ gaan het Maia moeilijk maken.
    Maia z'n stand up is zeer verbeterd en ik denk dat hij daar mogenlijk nog de overhand gaat kunnen pakken. Hij moet wel de takedowns van Shields zien te vermijden.
    Maia en te kort komen op de grond is als sneeuw in de woestijn. Onmogelijk

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by waarel View Post
    Easy win voor Maia denk ik
    Correctie, zal zeker geen easy win wordne voor Maia want hij wint zelden echt makkelijk. Maar ik denk dat hij zowel op de grond als staand inmiddels beter is. Vond het erg jammer dat Shields en Jacare in strikeforce niet meer tegen elkaar gevochten hebben.
    Dit lijkt me wel een leuke matchup, tenminste als we een beetje mooie technische hoogstandjes zien op de grond. Twee grapplers die het staand houden vind ik niet echt leuk om te zien

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by biggz View Post
    Maia en te kort komen op de grond is als sneeuw in de woestijn. Onmogelijk
    Dat hij goed is op de grond geef ik toe. Echter heeft hij sinds 2009 toen hij tegen Sonnen vocht geen sub meer eruit gegooid. Het BJJ en grappelen gedeelte in mma is iets wat veel vechters toch steeds beter door gaan krijgen. Ze weten in elk geval goed te verdedigen. Shields is ook niet bepaald een slechte wanneer het naar de grond gaat. Vandaar dat ik denk dat hij daar mogenlijk te kort gaat schieten...
    "If the ref hadn’t stopped him, Fedor was going to take that head home to his spaceship and polish it."

Fedor Emelianenko - "I don't talk about my weaknesses. I work on them."

vCash

Dat komt omdat Maia teveel focus legt op zijn staande werk