MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    vCash

UFC 142 Prelims to Air on FX

UFC will make its debut on FX on Jan. 14 when the network airs the UFC 142 prelims, a FUEL TV official confirmed with MMAFighting.com on Tuesday.

FUEL TV, who shares the same parent company, FOX, as FX, will broadcast the majority of UFC prelim bouts in 2012, however, the UFC 142 undercard will air on the network's sister channel, FX.

FUEL TV will air the weigh-ins live and a post-fight show immediately following the event.

The UFC 142 main card, headlined by Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes for the UFC featherweight title, airs live on pay-per-view. The event will take place at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Below is a look at the full card:

Main card:
    Jose Aldo (c) vs. Chad Mendes -- UFC featherweight title
    Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
    Mike Massenzio vs. Rousimar Palhares
    Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Erick Silva
    Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim

Prelims:
    Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares
    Mike Pyle vs. Paulo Thiago
    Fabio Maldonado vs. Stanislav Nedkov
    Rob Broughton vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
    Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio "Pato" Carvalho
    Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

vCash

Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Erick Silva is van de card geveegd aldus een tweet van UFC:
    Brazil flu is sweeping the roster! UFC 142's Rob Broughton, Stanislav Nedkov and Siyar Bahadurzada all out due to injury; replacements TBD

vCash

UFC 142 will feature preliminary fights live on FX.

Paulo Thiago was scheduled to take on Mike Pyle at this event, but an elbow injury forced Thiago to withdraw on December 16, 2011. Currently, no replacement has been found.

Stanislav Nedkov was scheduled to take on Fabio Maldonado at this event, but visa issues forced Nedkov to withdraw from the bout on December 15, 2011.

Siyar Bahadurzada was scheduled to face Erick Silva, but pulled out of the bout on December 16, 2011.

Rob Broughton was scheduled to face Ednaldo Oliveira, but pulled out of the bout on December 16, 2011.
    Last edited by Kemal; 16-12-2011 at 20:29.

vCash

Jammer ik keek uit naar Siyar zijn ufc debuut
    =

vCash

Kutzooi.
    -Tits are like golf, you play the course you're on-

vCash

Bahadurzada, Broughton, Nedkov Out of UFC 142

Siyar Bahadurzada, Stanislav Nedkov and Rob Broughton have been pulled from the UFC 142 card on Jan. 14 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the UFC announced Friday.

Paulo Thiago is reportedly off the card as well, though the UFC has yet to confirm Thiago's removal. Tatame says Thiago suffered an elbow injury in wrestling practice and adds Nedkov is out due to VISA issues.

These changes affect Erick Silva, Mike Pyle, Fabio Maldonado and Ednaldo Oliveira, all of whom will need new opponents.

Headlined by Jose Aldo defending his UFC featherweight title against Chad Mendes, the current UFC 142 card is below.

Pay-Per-View Bouts
    Jose Aldo (Brazil) vs. Chad Mendes
    Vitor Belfort (Brazil) vs. Anthony Johnson
    Rousimar Palhares (Brazil) vs. Mike Massenzio
    Erick Silva (Brazil) vs. TBA
    Edson Barboza (Brazil) vs. Terry Etim

FX Preliminary Bouts
    Thiago Tavares (Brazil) vs. Sam Stout
    Fabio Maldonado (Brazil) vs. TBA
    TBA vs. Mike Pyle
    Ednaldo Oliveira (Brazil) vs. TBA
    Felipe Arantes (Brazil) vs. Antonio Carvalho
    Yuri Alcantara (Brazil) vs. Michihiro Omigawa

vCash

Van zijn Facebook:

I broke my right hand in training. I'm out of UFC 142! I'm very sad because I wanted to entertain the fans and show my skills. But we'll have to wait, i guess. I've faith in God wil and I believe i'll be back stronger, iA!

100% BAD ASS #elBastardoStyle

vCash

Altijd balen als onze mede-landers geblesseerd raken.
    Stel je voor dat AO de sjaak is in de komende 2 weken...

vCash

Gabriel Gonzaga to Make UFC Return at UFC 142

One-time UFC title challenger Gabriel Gonzaga is back with the UFC.

According to his own Team Link academy website, the 32-year-old Brazilian has signed a four-fight deal with the UFC and will replace Rob Broughton against Edinaldo Oliveira at UFC 142 in Brazil.

Gonzaga (12-6) is most remembered for his loss to Randy Couture in a heavyweight championship bout at UFC 74 in August 2007.

Gonzaga last competed for the UFC at UFC 121 in October 2010 in a loss to Brendan Schaub, prompting the UFC to hand him his walking papers. Rather than fight for less money in smaller MMA promotions, Gonzaga said he would step away from MMA. But as most MMA "retirements" go, Gonzaga's absence was also short-lived. Gonzaga made his MMA return just under a year later, defeating Parker Porter this past October at a Reality Fighting event in Uncasville, Conn.

Oliveira (13-0-1) has spent his entire career in Brazil and will be making his UFC debut on Jan. 14.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post

Gonzaga (12-6) is most remembered for his headkick KO of Mirko CroCop at UFC 70.
    Ik heb hem even gefixt

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fyodor View Post
    Ik heb hem even gefixt
    hahaha idd die zat er goed op:

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fyodor View Post
    Ik heb hem even gefixt
    Hahaha dat is idd de belangrijkste partij waar hij bekend om staat. Ik was erbij tijdens dat gala.

vCash

\Fuckd up man. Wat balen voor siyar en alle NL MMA fans.

vCash

Prater vs. Silva, Pyle vs. Funch Signed for UFC 142

The UFC has called upon a couple familiar names to fill two voids left open to due injury at UFC 142.

Carlo Prater, who once fought Carlos Condit for the WEC welterweight title at WEC 32 in Feb. 2008, has agreed to replace the injured Siyar Bahadurzada against Erick Silva at next month's UFC 142 event in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. UFC Brazil's Twitter account first announced the news Friday evening.

In addition, the UFC Brazil Twitter account also announced that Ricardo Funch, who was released from the organization in 2010, has agreed to replace Paulo Thiago against Mike Pyle at the same event. Funch (8-2) is 0-2 in the UFC, while Pyle (21-8-1) is 4-3 inside the Octagon.

The Prater-Silva fight will serve as a homecoming of sorts for the 30-year-old Prater, who was born in Rio. He went 0-2 in WEC before getting released after an Aug. 2008 loss to Brock Larson. Since then, Prater (29-10-1) has fought for Shine Fights, MFC, and Strikeforce, among other organizations. This fight will mark his UFC debut.

Silva (13-1), who is considered to be one of the top prospects coming out of Brazil, looked impressive in his Octagon debut defeating Luis Ramos in just 40 seconds via TKO at UFC 134 in Rio. The win extended the 27-year-old's unbeaten streak to 10 in a row.

Funch fought once and won since his release from the UFC. He defeated Ryan Quinn via unanimous decision at Premier FC 7 just two weeks ago. Meanwhile, Pyle will look to get back on track after seeing his three-fight winning streak come to an end following a first-round TKO loss to Rory MacDonald at UFC 133 in August.

UFC 142, headlined by Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes for the featherweight title, airs live on pay-per-view on Jan. 14.

vCash

vCash

vCash

tommy de pret.had er van mij mogen knokken!!! ja mijn neefje.!!!

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Kan weer niet wachten op Jose Aldo!
    Beste kickboxer in de UFC, wellicht in Nederland opgeleid :-)

vCash

Chad Mendes Confident He'll Beat Jose Aldo at UFC 142

Chad Mendes knows he's an underdog who will face a hostile crowd when he fights UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo in the main event at UFC 142. But Mendes is brimming with confidence at his chances of taking home the belt.

"I have a good game plan and I'm confident that I'm going to do it -- I'm excited," Mendes said Wednesday. "I think Jose has all the pressure on his shoulders. He's the one fighting in front of his home crowd. He's the one who has the belt. I'm the underdog everyone is overlooking, and I'm confident that the things I'm good at are what's needed to beat him. I'm feeling confident going into this fight."

That's not to say Mendes doesn't think highly of Aldo as an opponent. Mendes knows that Aldo is 20-1 in his MMA career, and that Aldo has gone 10-0 while dominating all ten opponents since leaving his native Brazil and making his North American debut in 2008. But Mendes thinks he has the right skill set to be the one to finally solve the puzzle of Aldo.

"I don't think Jose has any holes or cracks in his game," Mendes said. But he quickly added, "I feel the same way about my game. I don't have any holes."

Mendes has been working with his friend and training partner Urijah Faber, who lost a unanimous decision to Aldo in 2010, to formulate a game plan against Aldo. Mendes didn't give away all of his strategies, but he did say he believes other opponents have been too cautious and passive and failed to take the fight to Aldo.

"I've watched his last few fights and that's something that's helped us put together a good game plan for this fight. I've sat down with Urijah," Mendes said. "Fighters stand in front of him too much. You've got to put pressure on Jose. He's the kind who will pick you apart."

Given his wrestling background, it's no surprise that Mendes plans to clinch with Aldo and attempt to take him down.

"Guys have to get their hands on him more," Mendes said. "Honestly, I don't think any of the guys who have fought him have had half the wrestling credentials -- or the wrestling ability -- to get him down and hold him down. I think my strengths are my keys to beating Jose."

Mendes said he has no qualms about going to Brazil and beating a popular local fighter in front of a capacity crowd.

"Beating the champion in his own backyard? To me there's no better way to prove that I'm the best 145-pound fighter," Mendes said. "This is the best shape I've ever been in and I'm excited to get this opportunity."

vCash

vCash

Anthony Johnson in No Hurry to Go Back to Welterweight After UFC 142

Anthony Johnson is considered to be one of the top welterweights in the UFC, but his days of fighting at 170 pounds may be over.

"Rumble," who will make his middleweight debut against Vitor Belfort at UFC 142 next week, said on a Wednesday conference call that he isn't thinking about fighting at welterweight anymore.

"Right now, middleweight is where I am," Johnson said. "That's all I'm thinking about, and I really don't mind fighting middleweight because I get to eat more now. So like I said, I feel 1000 times better than I did when I fought [at] 170, so that's why I'm so happy and want to fight really bad."

Johnson, who said he currently weighed 215 pounds, would sometimes cut as much as sixty pounds to make the 171-pound welterweight limit. He even missed weight twice (UFC 76 and UFC 104), but despite the struggle to make weight, he never seriously flirted with the idea of moving up to 185 pounds.

That is until the UFC offered him a shot against Vitor Belfort in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

"This is going to be a lot of fun for me," Johnson said. "So that's why I feel so good because I don't have to cut the weight that I used to cut and I'm more explosive; I'm more athletic. Everything has just come to where it needs to be right now. I'm peaking at the right time."

Asked whether he was officially done as a welterweight, Johnson simply said, "so far."

UFC 142, headlined by Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes for the UFC featherweight title, airs live on pay-per-view from the HSBC Arena in Rio on Jan. 14. The prelims will air on FX.