MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    vCash

Als je de hoofd van chandella ff weg haalt dan zou ik zeggen dat er twee hot chicks op de foto staan lol
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Anthony Johnson: My Strategy Is Called 'Get It Done'

Anthony Johnson's strategy (if you want to call it that) against Vitor Belfort is quite simple at UFC 142 this Saturday in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

"I'm going in there to do me. And that's to fight," Johnson said Thursday during the UFC 142 pre-fight press conference. "There's no strategy. My strategy is to fight and that's what I get paid to do and that's what I'm here to do. So as far as strategy, it's called: get it done."

Johnson projected an air of confidence in front of reporters heading into his middleweight debut against the former UFC light heavyweight champion.

He spoke of gaining extra motivation after watching the "Countdown to UFC 142" preview show upon hearing Belfort say, "We're going to see a lion." Johnson was reminded of something his grandfather once told him.

"I'm looking forward to seeing that lion, actually," Johnson said. "Before my granddad died, a week before he died, he told me, 'Fight like you're fighting a lion across the cage from you.'

"That's all he had to tell me really before he passed," Johnson continued. "For me to not care and do the best I can in life. With Vitor saying that made me want to fight even more. I'm hungry too. I'm looking forward to the fight. I can't wait. I definitely can't wait.

Belfort (20-9) is known as one of the most devastating punchers in UFC history. He joined the UFC at UFC 12, stopping two opponents in one night. 15 years later, Belfort hasn't slowed down. He's coming off a KO finish against Yoshihiro Akiyama last August at UFC 133.

Johnson (10-3) is a knockout artist himself, having recorded five knockouts in his six UFC wins. His only losses inside the Octagon have been due to an injury and a pair of rear-naked chokes.

Last year Johnson made a switch to Imperial Athletics in Boca Raton, Fla. to train under Mike Van Arsdale with the likes of Rashad Evans and Jorge Santiago. From the look of things, the move has already paid off. Last October, Johnson ended Charlie Brenneman's night with a first-round head-kick knockout.

Training with a new camp and fighting at a new weight class, Johnson on Saturday will aim to establish himself against one of the future Hall of Famers in the sport.

"Vitor is an amazing athlete, very hands and very powerful. You have no choice but to respect him. I respect him but I'm not afraid of him. I'm willing to accept the challenge."
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

When It Comes to Chad Mendes and Jose Aldo, Outside Opinions Make Tempers Flare

This is how easy these things start in the fight business. These minor beefs. These subtle slights that fighters carry with them like childhood insults that are still fresh in their minds decades later. Once I started talking to the various parties involved in the UFC 142 main event for a Sports Illustrated article this week, I heard about it from all of them. Once they start, these things take on a life of their own.

It was a sincere opinion, Maynard said, so when people asked him what he thought of the upcoming fight, that's what he told them: Mendes isn't ready. Not surprisingly, this didn't please Mendes when he heard it.

"Honestly, I don't know why Gray's even talking about me," he said. "Gray's never trained with me. He has no idea what I feel like in there. Obviously, he's training with Jose, so if he gets asked that question I guess that's what he thinks he's got to say, but honestly, Gray's style of wrestling is completely different from mine. I'm more of an explosive, blast you off your feet kind of wrestler. He's more like a bully that just gets you up against the cage and works takedowns and slams from there."

Mendes' training partner and mentor, Urijah Faber, was even more direct.

"Since when are the two best guys in the weight class not ready to fight each other? That's an absurd thing to say. But whatever. Who cares what [Maynard] thinks? Chad's going to go in there and fight and win."

But now that Maynard's taken some heat from the Team Alpha Male crew for his comments, he's not at all ready to back away from them. If anything, he's only more committed to his original assessment, he said, because now he knows just how good Aldo is.

"From watching the tapes, that's how I felt, that [Mendes] wasn't ready. But actually training with Jose, I feel it even more now," Maynard said. "For me, helping out Jose doesn't mean I want Chad to lose or I came here to make that happen. It's just a matter of helping out Jose, and now that I've been here, that's what I think is going to happen. I only know Chad a little bit, and I think he's a tough kid, but Jose is really tough. I couldn't believe it. I was seriously impressed. ...I knew he could strike. I knew that. What I didn't know is, man, he's tough to take down. And the kind of athlete he is, the way he applies that, it's amazing. He can take a punch, too."

But as fight night approaches, these outside opinions tend to diminish in importance. Soon enough it'll be just Mendes and Aldo in the cage, and then it won't matter what anyone else says. When it gets to that point, however, Mendes has something that Aldo doesn't, which is the benefit of a former opponent's experience. Faber went five brutal rounds with Aldo, and learned some hard lessons that he's passed on to his protege, he said.

For instance, there's the issue of Aldo's leg kicks.

"The one thing I didn't take into account was, I knew the leg kicks were going to hurt, but I didn't know how disarming they would be," Faber said. "As far as leg kicks in practice, when your legs gets kicked a couple times and it starts to hurt, you don't keep wanting to get kicked in it all day. You heal it up and put ice on it so you can train the next day. But in a fight like that, you have to know that kicks like that will do damage and you have to honor that. You can't just tell yourself that you're going to take the pain and do what you want to do. You have to avoid them and make him pay when he tries it."

Aldo shredded Faber's thighs with kicks early on, effectively taking away Faber's ability to shoot for a takedown in the later rounds. He took criticism for it after the fight, but even Mendes can't say it was unwarranted.

"That's something even Urijah talked about," he said. "He doesn't have that explosive shot the way I do. A lot of his takedowns come off of punches, using that snap single-leg or something. Aldo took that away from him with those leg kicks, and by that point it was too late."

And that -- the fact that not all wrestlers and/or wrestling styles are created equal -- is why Mendes doesn't worry about Maynard's assessment of him or Maynard's training with Aldo, he said. There are wrestlers and then there are wrestlers, and just because you've seen one in the gym doesn't mean you know what it's like to fight another in the cage on Saturday night.

"We don't know how much [Maynard's work with Aldo] is going to help him, but we'll get in there and see," Mendes said. "It doesn't matter to me. I've been wrestling since I was five years old, and I've never taken a year off. It's something I've done my whole life. For him to bring a wrestler in to work with for one camp, his wrestling's not going to be anywhere near mine."

With Mendes' predictions, just as with Maynard's and Faber's, we'll know soon enough who had it right.
    How this story starts is, Gray Maynard gets to know Jose Aldo at UFC 136 and they get to talking. Maynard likes him. More than he expected to, really, since it turns out "he's actually a really humble guy." Since Maynard has already left his longtime home at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas by this point, he figures maybe it's time to do some traveling, learn some new stuff. Spending the winter in Brazil (where it's summer) working out with Aldo and the Nova Unaio team sounds fun, right?

"So I contacted [Aldo's manager] Ed Soares, just kind of threw it out there," Maynard said. "I didn't know if they'd take me up on it, but a couple days later [Soares] called me back and said he'd love to have me down there. A couple days later I was on a flight, basically put everything on hold and flew down there."

So far, so good. But as long as he was going to be helping Aldo prepare for fellow wrestler Chad Mendes, Maynard figured he might as well take a look at some fight footage of Mendes on his long flight to South America. Here's where it gets tricky.

"The first time I trained with Jose, I told the guy, 'Hey, on the flight down here the tapes I watched [on Mendes], you seem a little more comfortable in the Octagon. I don't know if he's quite ready,'" Maynard said. "It's not a knock on him. He's the top guy to [challenge for the title]. It's just that Jose's on top of his game."

vCash

vCash

vCash

Goede card is het, wordt een mooi event

vCash

Johnson groot? Nah!

vCash

Vitor Belfort Eyes the Coming End to His Time in the Cage, Vows to 'Enjoy the Moment'

When I asked Vitor Belfort what he thought it would feel like to walk out in front of a screaming crowd of his countrymen in Rio's HSBC Arena for UFC 142 in the wee hours of Sunday morning, he described it in one word: intense.

"I do my best no matter where I'm at, but I know that crowd's going to be the loudest crowd ever," Belfort said. "I'm going to enjoy the moment. It's a party every time I step in that Octagon. It's party time. The hard work is done and it's time to do what you do every day in the gym. Of course, you have only one chance, so you have to enjoy the moment."

And yet I admit that, based on what I've learned of fighterspeak over the years, something in that statement set off alarms in my head. Not only did Belfort say he was going to 'enjoy the moment' twice in the span of about six sentences, he went on to use that exact same phrase at least half a dozen more times in the less than ten minutes we spent on the phone.

For a normal person, maybe that means nothing. But a fighter? In my experience, once they stop talking about their obsessive desire to win and perform and become a champion, and they start talking about enjoying each passing moment of fight week, it usually means they're thinking about hanging it up soon. It made me wonder: is Vitor Belfort closing in on retirement? Is that even possible?

Belfort is a little like the anti-Wanderlei Silva in some ways. With Silva, you think about his long, memorable career and look at his weathered face -- even after plastic surgery, it remains a rugged timeline of his experiences in the fight game -- and you can't believe he's only 35 years old. Then you look at Belfort, who still looks fresh and eager and in possession of roughly the same facial symmetry he started with, and it's hard to believe he's actually 34.

At the same time, it makes sense. They came up more or less as contemporaries. When they faced off at UFC Brazil in 1998, they were both 5-1 as professionals. But in the intervening years it seems like Silva's lived several brutal lifetimes, while Belfort's best days have seemed always just in front of him, like a hill he never quite seems to crest.

When I spoke to him in the Copacabana Palace Hotel the last time the UFC was in Rio, he was fresh off a knockout of Yoshihiro Akiyama and all he could talk about was getting another shot at middleweight champ Anderson Silva. When I mentioned that it might be tough to do, considering how recently he'd been beaten by the champ, he just shook his head intently as his young son hammered one overhand right after another into his father's gut in an attempt to get the old man's attention.

"I'll do it," Belfort said confidently. "I'll do whatever I have to do."

But this time, just a couple days away from a fight with Anthony Johnson, which -- win or lose -- will lead him straight into an Ultimate Fighter coaching gig opposite his old friend Wanderlei, Belfort struck a very different tone.

"I'm enjoying the moment," he said again. "I'm enjoying every time I can enjoy, all of this. Right now I'm enjoying everything as it comes."

Maybe it's the weight-cut talking. Maybe it's too many phone interviews lined up back to back to back to back. Maybe it's just something he says when he's not sure what else to say. But when I put it to Belfort straight and asked him if all this 'enjoy the moment' talk meant he was looking at his career and wondering how many such moments were left in it, he didn't shoot me down. Far from it.

"I want to finish strong," he said. "I want to finish the best I can finish. We'll see when God's going to decide to speak to my heart and tell me that it's the moment to finish. I know that the time is coming, so I'm preparing to finish the best I can finish."

At first, it still seems hard to believe. When you think of the guys who might need to hang it up soon, Belfort's name doesn't spring to mind. He still looks good in the cage, can still take and deliver a punch with the best of them. But the years are the years and the numbers are the numbers. The bout with Johnson will be his 30th professional MMA fight in a more than fifteen-year career. Almost all of that time has been spent at the sport's highest level, against top-tier opponents. Surely, that takes its toll whether we see it etched into a man's face or not.

But when you're still as competitive as he is is well into your mid-thirties, I asked him, how do you know when it's time?

"God will speak to my heart," Belfort answered. "I will feel the moment. I don't have any ego or pride. In life, you have to understand that everything has a beginning, middle, and end. The only thing that doesn't have an end is God's presence, and God Himself. He's the only thing that doesn't have an end. ...That time will come and I will feel it. And when it comes, I'm going to accept it."

For those of us who were teenagers ourselves back when Belfort got his start as the blistering 19-year-old who knocked people out in a matter of seconds -- back when he was "The Phenom," who eventually gave way to the talented, but not quite dominant middle-aged fighter -- it's strange to think that he must now be closer to the end than the beginning.

But then, that time comes for every fighter. The time when you start actively trying to enjoy these fleeting moments as a pro fighter because you realize there's only a finite number of them left.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

wat een gast, echt onprofessioneel

vCash

Opzouten! Diep triest! neemt zijn sport niet serieus. Ik vind dit op elk nivo kansloos, maar bij de UFC helemaal!

100% BAD ASS #elBastardoStyle

vCash

Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone/Luke Rockhold/Jon Jones

vCash

Raar dat Rumble altijd wel de 177 haalde maar de 185 niet?

Hij moet 20% van zn gage inleveren. Al bij al denk ik dat hij Vitor hard gaat slopen met takedowns en hoge trappen naar het hoofd!

vCash

Hij moet morgen wel 205 wegen dus hij kan niet lekker schransen. Volgens mij was hij begin van de week 215 dus hij zal wel moe zijn morgen

vCash

Wat een domper! Het scheelt ook niet een beetje...

vCash

Wat een klojo hoop.dat die verliest en wordt gecut neemt het niet serieus blijkbaar

vCash

Lezen jullie dit eerst voordat jullie met jullie bullshit komen over AJ!

http://mmaweekly.com/medical-reasons...-making-weight

vCash

UFC 142 Weigh-In Results

The UFC 142 weigh-in results from Friday's pre-fight event held at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Anthony Johnson, who is no stranger to missing weight, came in over once again, stepping on the scale at 197 pounds for his middleweight debut. Johnson moved up in weight for this fight with the intention to compete at a more comfortable weight.

Belfort , who will receive 20% of Johnson's purse, has agreed to the fight if Johnson, rehydrated, makes 205 pounds Saturday afternoon.

Everyone else was on point. Check out the rest of the weigh-in results below.

Pay-Per-View Bouts
    Jose Aldo (145) vs. Chad Mendes (144)
    Vitor Belfort (186) vs. Anthony Johnson (197)*
    Mike Massenzio (184) vs. Rousimar Palhares (186)
    Carlo Prater (170) vs. Erick Silva (169)
    Edson Barboza (154) vs. Terry Etim (155)

FX Preliminary Bouts
    Sam Stout (155) vs. Thiago Tavares (155)
    Gabriel Gonzaga (250) vs. Ednaldo Oliveira (229)
    Yuri Alcantara (145) vs. Michihiro Omigawa (146)
    Ricardo Funch (170) vs. Mike Pyle (171)

Facebook Preliminary Bout

Felipe Arantes (145) vs. Antonio "Pato" Carvalho (144)

*Johnson will have to make 205 pounds on Saturday

vCash

UFC 142: Dana White Blasts 'Unprofessional' Anthony Johnson for Missing Weight

When Anthony Johnson moved up from welterweight to middleweight for his UFC 142 fight with Vitor Belfort, it just seemed like common sense: Johnson had struggled mightily to make the 170-pound welterweight limit, and so the 185-pound middleweight class was a much better home for him.

But there's just one problem: Johnson can't make weight at middleweight, either. Johnson came in at 197 pounds.

Just before the UFC 142 weigh-ins on Friday in Rio de Janeiro, UFC President Dana White announced that Johnson is over the 185-pound limit and won't be able to get down, and so the fight is in jeopardy, although Belfort is expected to agree to fight Johnson anyway.

"Rumble Johnson is not on weight today. And when I say he's not on weight he's way off weight," White said.

So the UFC has essentially decided to turn this into a light heavyweight bout, but with an added condition: They'll have a second weigh-in on Saturday at which Johnson will have to make it under the light heavyweight limit of 205 pounds again. If Johnson can't make weight then, the fight is off.

The stipulation is, Vitor does not want him to weigh more than 205 pounds by tomorrow at like 2 o'clock in the afternoon," White said. "So we'll see how this thing plays out. He'll weigh in today and have to weigh in tomorrow."

White made it clear that he's not happy with Johnson.

"As a fighter, you are a professional. You are contracted to come in at a certain weight. This is not the first time this has happened with Johnson. He moved up to 185 pounds so this wouldn't happen to him at 170 pounds, and here we are in the same position again. [Belfort] came in like a professional on weight, and Anthony Johnson comes in as a total unprofessional, way overweight."

White appeared angry enough on Friday that this might be Johnson's final fight in the UFC in any weight class.

vCash

vCash