MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Report: Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort to Coach Brazilian Edition of TUF

Just last week, UFC president Dana White confirmed that Brazil would be the first country to produce an international edition of The Ultimate Fighter.

According to a new report, the show will bring with it a pair of top-level coaches, including the man that many believe to the best fighter in history.

Extra Globo, a major news outlet in Brazil, is reporting that Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort will coach the two teams in the series, which is set to begin in March 2012.

The newspaper is part of the massive Globo Organization. Its television arm recently struck a deal with the UFC to broadcast the promotion's events and is also the future home of TUF in Brazil.

The UFC on Monday though said that coaches have yet to be chosen.

The upcoming edition of TUF: Brazil is likely to air in the US on FUEL under the terms of the UFC's new deal with FOX-owned networks.

Meanwhile, the UFC is trying to finalize a next opponent for Silva. He had been expected to face Chael Sonnen on Super Bowl weekend, but with a welterweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz now penciled into that event, Silva-Sonnen may be moved to a different date on the calendar.

In US editions of TUF, opposing coaches have historically competed against each other at the end of the season, but given Silva's recent first-round KO over Belfort, it seems likely that if those two are in fact coaches, the inaugural Brazilian edition of the show will not follow that custom.

White had been scheduled to meet with Silva's representatives over the weekend, but he did not respond to a Monday morning MMA Fighting inquiry about whether that meeting had actually occurred.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Ben erg benieuwd, zal wel leuk zijn!
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Mooi om Belfort als coach te zien! En dat betekent dat beide heren dan ook weer tegenover elkaar in de ring staan. Ik kijk wel uit naar deze pot.
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

idd een interresante pot....enne een brazilliaanse TUF....veel mooie technieken hoop ik dan te gaan zien in het grond werk....ipv alleen maar worstelaars zoals in de usa.....

nice
    Exitus Acta Probat
    don`t cry about shit, take ownership!!!
    hard werken,hard trainen en genieten van het leven!!!

vCash

Klinkt indd goed, hoop ook op veel BJJ.
    Zijn beide goede vechters en wil ze wel zien coache.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by basblue View Post
    Mooi om Belfort als coach te zien! En dat betekent dat beide heren dan ook weer tegenover elkaar in de ring staan. Ik kijk wel uit naar deze pot.
    Zie tekst:

In US editions of TUF, opposing coaches have historically competed against each other at the end of the season, but given Silva's recent first-round KO over Belfort, it seems likely that if those two are in fact coaches, the inaugural Brazilian edition of the show will not follow that custom.

gelukkig niet dus, en waarom zou je uitkijken naar deze match? silva heeft denk ik wel afgelopen keer wel duidelijk genoeg gemaakt wie de betere is. overigens is het wel heel triest gesteld met de MW division als je dat vergelijkt met bv. de WW division. als silva met gemak zou winnen van chael zou ik niet weten who next is voor silva...bisping,miller,munoz... zit ik nou niet echt op te wachten... misschien lombard van Bellator maarja die heeft ook alleen maar van cans gewonnen. saaiste divisie wat mij betreft, maar silva vs sonnen is wat mij betreft de partij waar ik het meest naar uitkijk

vCash

Okay, thanx. Met een half oog gelezen... Toch vind ik het jammer om ze niet nogmaals tegen elkaar te zien.

Silva ko-ed Belfort in de eerste ronde. Maar de 3 minuten daarvoor vond ik Silva nou niet Belfort erg overklassen. Het waren lowkicks over en weer wat stoten en hop die frontkick. Mooie techniek, maar daarmee vond ik Silva nou niet meteen de betere vechter. Zonder daarmee aan zijn kwaliteiten af te willen doen. Hij doet dit vaker en is ontzettend goed. Ik heb het idee dat Belfort niet alles heeft kunnen laten zien. En als (ja ja ik weet, als...) die frontkick niet erop had gezeten en de partij was een paar ronde verder gegaan. Dan dan Belfort het hem best lastig kunnen maken. Net zoals Sonnen. Belfort heeft daarna wel laten zien wat in huis te hebben.

Daarom zou ik Belfort graag nog een keer tegen Siva willen zien. Maar beter nog eerst Sonnen vs Belfort voor een titleshot.
    Last edited by basblue; 01-11-2011 at 20:18.
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

Default Anderson Silva Says He Plans On Fighting Six Or Seven More Years

Maar ze hebben nog even de tijd om weer tegenover elkaar te staan

----------------------------
    Despite saying in the past that he doesn't plan on fighting much longer, Anderson Silva appears to have had a change of heart.

Silva was a guest on the Brazilian television show "De frent com Gabi," and when asked about when he planned on retiring from fighting Silva gave the following reply:

"I'll fight for another six or seven years and then I'll stop. I stopped to think about it and I'll postpone my retirement for a little longer. Then I'll think about TV. I guess it's interesting."

Leave your feedback on this article by posting a comment directly below! You can also chat about the latest news in the MMANEWS.COM Forums and/or the MMANEWS.COM Facebook. If that wasn't enough, MMANEWS.COM is now on Twitter as well @mmanewsdotcom.

vCash

Silva en Sonnen moeten ze zetten voor de Tuf Coaches.....
    Dat word 110% zeker chaos....

vCash

Are Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort going to coach against each other on the ‘Ultimate Fighter’ Brazil?

Well, if they are it’s news to everyone including the UFC.

Reports began surfacing on Monday in Brazil that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort were in talks to become coaches on the Brazilian installation of the ‘Ultimate Fighter’.

UFC President Dana White confirmed that TUF Brazil would be happening in 2012, but didn’t have any further details on coaches or when the show would air at the time.

Sources speaking with MMAWeekly.com on Monday said that no coaching offers have been made to either Silva or Belfort, and the UFC hasn’t even begun considering who they will choose for that show at this stage.

All signs are currently pointing towards Silva facing heated rival Chael Sonnen in a rematch at some point in 2012, once the champion’s shoulder is given clearance from his doctors.

Meanwhile, Belfort is expected to return to action in January and rumors have suggested he may face middleweight Alan Belcher, although nothing is set at this point.

All that’s for sure right now is that Silva and Belfort aren’t coaching TUF Brazil.

MMAWeekly.com will have more information on the ‘Ultimate Fighter’ Brazil when it becomes available.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbringer320 View Post
    Silva en Sonnen moeten ze zetten voor de Tuf Coaches.....
    Dat word 110% zeker chaos....
    x2!! daar begrijp ik nu niks van... dit zou de TUF SEIZOEN EVER !! kunnen worden... ze kunnen er ook een TUF Brazil vs USA van maken ofzo... wordt het helemaal een rivaliteit en gaat goed scoren in zowiezo USA en Brazil

vCash

vet

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boxer17 View Post
    vet
    x2