MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Manager: Carlos Condit Mad at Georges St-Pierre, Not UFC, for Losing Title Fight

Malki Kawa had a bad feeling when he heard his phone ring and looked at the caller ID. It was then that he realized UFC president Dana White was on the other line. UFC 137 had just ended 30 minutes earlier, and it was already after midnight on the east coast. It was not a time for mindless chit-chat. It was a time for serious business.

As is his style, White cut to the chase. Georges St-Pierre no longer wanted to fight Kawa's client Carlos Condit next. Instead, the UFC welterweight champ wanted to fight Nick Diaz, the winner of UFC 137's main event. We all now know the outcome. St-Pierre got the fight he wanted, and he'll be fighting Diaz in early February. Condit? He wasn't too happy, and he didn't exactly "step aside" as White told the media at the post-fight press conference.

"I could understand them coming to us like that," Kawa said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "The issue with the whole 'he decided to step aside,' obviously, that wasn't the case. There was no just stepping aside. There was a little bit more than that. It's going to take more than that. I think we're way more upset with Georges and the way Georges handled it than we are with the way Dana presented it or anything like that."

Everything changed in the moments after UFC 137. Diaz got the ball rolling by saying St-Pierre was scared and by questioning his injury just after his main event win. According to White, St-Pierre then "flipped out" and demanded that he bypass Condit and face Diaz next.

But as Kawa pointed out, Diaz had previously called out St-Pierre after he was originally replaced with Condit, and St-Pierre never responded. In addition to that, St-Pierre had gone on record saying that believed Condit presented the tougher challenge.

"I don't know if the emotions of the moment got to him, and he just decided to do that," Kawa said. "It's kind of un-Georges-like."

Kawa said that he and Condit didn't step aside as graciously as it sounded, describing the ordeal as "gut-wrenching."

"[Carlos'] words were, 'My heart hurts,'" he said.

But ultimately, Kawa said that they are "company men" who made the move that the promotion wanted. He also suggested that there was some financial reward for bowing out.

"Dana always does the right thing and in this case, he'll do the right thing again," he said.

Kawa said he tried to keep things in perspective by noting that he originally got Condit moved into the title slot with some hustle of his own, and that sometimes, that sort of thing works against you. He even candidly admitted that if he was Diaz's manager, he would have lobbied for the fight, too.

"Are we pissed off about it? Absolutely," he said. "But it's not like I've never been on other end of stick where I put one of my fighters ahead of someone else and another guy got shafted or screwed over. It's just business, it's not personal. It's nothing personal with Georges. Are we upset with him? Absolutely."

Meanwhile, Condit has every intention of fighting again instead of waiting to take on the St-Pierre vs. Diaz winner. Kawa said the UFC has thrown out some possibilities, but that nothing has been decided upon. The biggest factor is that it has to be someone that Condit can gain something from in fighting, mentioning Josh Koscheck and Jake Ellenberger as possibilities.

"It's more about whoever brings the most to the table," he said. "We want to make it a big-money fight. Whoever that is. Make it a big-money fight. A No. 1 contender, possibly make it a five-rounder if we could. And somebody who win, lose, or draw, we can take something from it."
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Ik snap Condit wel, het is maar de vraag of hij na de partij GSP-Diaz weer een titleshot krijgt. Als Condit zijn volgende partij verliest, dan staat een ander vooraan in de rij. En daarna is het maar wachten wanneer je aan de beurt bent...
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

Laat Condit maar een can vechten dan om ringroest te voorkomen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by basblue View Post
    Ik snap Condit wel, het is maar de vraag of hij na de partij GSP-Diaz weer een titleshot krijgt. Als Condit zijn volgende partij verliest, dan staat een ander vooraan in de rij. En daarna is het maar wachten wanneer je aan de beurt bent...
    Dan moet hij er voor zorgen dat hij zijn volgende partij niet verliest! Als hij zijn volgende partij verliest is hij automatisch ook niet de "number 1 contender". In eerste instantie was Condit dit ook al helemaal niet, Diaz had gewoon voor de titel moeten vechten.

Natuurlijk is het financieel & sportief etc. zuur voor Condit, maar ik denk dat Diaz toch echt de "number 1 contender" is.

vCash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccq-G...layer_embedded

hhhm... arme kerel had blijkbaar weinig te kiezen

vCash

Oei, dat is behoorlijk zuur. Condit wordt dus simpleweg op ijs gezet; alles moet wijken voor GSP-Diaz.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by McClane View Post
    Oei, dat is behoorlijk zuur. Condit wordt dus simpleweg op ijs gezet; alles moet wijken voor GSP-Diaz.
    En dat is ook wel begrijpelijk! eerlijk is eerlijk, Condit kreeg de title-shot ook min of meer in zijn schoot geworpen. Denk dat GSP VS Diaz een match is die veel beter is voor iedereen, behalve Condit dan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
    According to White, St-Pierre then "flipped out" and demanded that he bypass Condit and face Diaz next.
    GSP die flipt?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by joostje View Post
    Dan moet hij er voor zorgen dat hij zijn volgende partij niet verliest! Als hij zijn volgende partij verliest is hij automatisch ook niet de "number 1 contender". In eerste instantie was Condit dit ook al helemaal niet, Diaz had gewoon voor de titel moeten vechten.

Natuurlijk is het financieel & sportief etc. zuur voor Condit, maar ik denk dat Diaz toch echt de "number 1 contender" is.
    Euh, ja. Dat is toch precies wat ik schreef?
    "When I am fighting I am keeping my mind empty for any expectations. I am waiting for something unique, completely new.” - Rickson Gracie

vCash

zoooooo huh