MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default UFC 138 Results: Leben vs. Munoz **Spoiler**

Main card:
    Mark Munoz def. Chris Leben via TKO (corner stoppage/cut) after two rounds
    Renan Barao def. Brad Pickett via first-round submission (RNC)
    Thiago Alves def. Papy Abedi via via first-round sub (RNC)
    Anthony Perosh def. Cyrille Diabate via second-round sub (RNC)
    Terry Etim def. Edward Faaloloto via first-round sub (guillotine)

Undercard:
    John Maguire def. Justin Edwards via unanimous decision
    Philip De Fries def. Rob Broughton via unanimous decision
    Michihiro Omigawa def. Jason Young via unanimous decision
    Che Mills def. Chris Cope via first-round TKO
    Chris Cariaso def. Vaughan Lee via split decision
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Barao, Pickett, Mills and Etim Win UFC 138 Bonuses

Renan Barao, Brad Pickett, Che Mills and Terry Etim are all $70,000 richer after picking up bonuses for their performances at UFC 138.

Barao and Pickett won the Fight of the Night bonus for their fast-paced bantamweight brawl in the co-main event. Pickett is an Englishman who had the Birmingham fans on his side, and he came out swinging to get the crowd roaring. But it was Barao who showed he had too much for Pickett to handle, ultimately forcing Pickett to tap out to a rear-naked choke after just over four minutes of intense action.

This was Barao's first bonus in his fourth fight under the Zuffa banner. Pickett had previously won a Fight of the Night and a Submission of the Night award, with both of those coming in the WEC. For both men, the bonus makes this the most lucrative fight of their career.

UFC newcomer Che Mills finished off Chris Cope in just 40 seconds, and as a result he won the Knockout of the Night award. For Mills, the $70,000 bonus undoubtedly makes this by far the biggest payday of his MMA career.

And Terry Etim, who needed just 17 seconds to force Eddie Faaloloto to tap to a guillotine choke, walked away with the Submission of the Night award. Etim has now won the Submission of the Night bonus a whopping four times.

vCash

Michihiro Omigawa Beats Jason Young, Notches First UFC Win

Michihiro Omigawa finally has a win inside the Octagon.

Omigawa, who had a sensational run in Japan in 2009 and 2010, just hadn't been able to turn it on in the UFC, losing his first four fights in the Octagon. But on Saturday at UFC 138, Omigawa finally got his first UFC win, beating Jason Young by unanimous decision at UFC 138.

All three judges scored the fight 29-28 for Omigawa, who struggled with Young's stand-up in the first round but controlled the fight on the ground in rounds two and three.

"It's really good to get my first win here," Omigawa said afterward.

Young knocked Omigawa back with a body kick late in the first round and landed a couple of solid knees, and he deserved to win the round, although Young's right eye was badly swollen at the end of the round, thanks to an accidental clash of heads.

Early in the second round Omigawa took Young down and got into side control, but Young did a great job of pushing Omigawa off and getting back to his feet. However, Omigawa then secured another takedown and stayed in side control for most of the rest of the round, a round Omigawa clearly won.

They traded strikes in a good stand-up exchange early in the third round, then went to the ground where Omigawa attempted a heel hook that Young was able to escape. But Omigawa once again got Young down and once again stayed in control for most of the round, and that was enough to win the third, and the fight.

vCash

Terry Etim Submits Edward Faaloloto in 17 Seconds

The British fighter Terry Etim thrilled the fans in England at UFC 138 on Saturday with a stunningly fast submission victory over Edward Faaloloto.

Etim hit Faaloloto with a couple of punches early, then as Faaloloto went low to attempt a takedown, Etim sunk in a guillotine choke and wrapped Faaloloto up while they were still standing. Faaloloto attempted to slam Etim down, but that only allowed Etim to sink the choke in tighter, and Faaloloto had to tap.

The entire fight lasted just 17 seconds.

Etim, who has been sidelined for more than a year and a half with injuries, said afterward that he was motivated to get his career back on track.

"I think that's what 19 months off does. I was so hungry to get back in," he said. "It's absolutely killed me but I'm back now and ready to make an impact in this lightweight division. Let's do this."

Etim did it in a big way to get the UFC 138 broadcast started right.

vCash

Thiago Alves Submits Papy Abedi

Thiago Alves is finally back in the win column.

Alves, the former welterweight title contender who had lost three of his last four fights, beat UFC newcomer Papy Abedi with a first-round submission on Saturday at UFC 138.

"I love England," Alves told the fans in Birmingham, England after the fight. "You guys are the best. I love you guys."

It was the first submission victory of Alves' UFC career, but as he usually does when he's at his best, Alves used his striking to take control of the fight. A hard couple of punches battered Abedi standing up and wobbled him, and Alves then pounced and started punishing Abedi on the ground. For a moment it appeared that referee Dan Miragliotta was ready to step in and stop the fight, but Abedi managed to hold on for dear life.

However, when Abedi held on for a moment, Alves simply took Abedi's back and sunk in a rear-naked choke. Abedi quickly tapped out.

The victory gets Alves's career back on track, and he can now start to look for fights with highly ranked opponents again. Abedi looked, frankly, like he doesn't belong in the UFC -- he might not get a second chance inside the Octagon. But this was the kind of win Alves needed.

vCash

Anthony Perosh Submits Cyrille Diabate

Anthony Perosh survived an early barrage on his feet and then looked tremendous on the ground, beating Cyrille Diabate with a second-round submission on Saturday at UFC 138.

The victory was the second in a row for Perosh, who has been surprisingly successful since coming to the UFC in 2010 as a late replacement to fight Mirko Cro Cop. Perosh lost that fight, but he's now won both of his UFC fights since then.

"The first win was a big relief, and the second one in a row was even better for me because I didn't want the first one to be a fluke," he said. "I'm here to stay at light heavyweight."

Diabate landed a good combination very early in the first round to open a cut on Perosh's face, and he also landed a body kick that turned Perosh's ribs red. In the early going it looked like it was going to be all Diabate, but Perosh did a nice job of catching a body kick and taking Diabate down into side control. However, while Perosh stayed on top for the rest of the round, Diabate did a nice job of neutralizing Perosh and not taking much damage. It was a first round that Diabate deserved to win.

In the second round, however, it was a different story: Perosh took control early, getting full mount on the ground and attempting to get into position for an arm-triangle choke a couple of times. When that didn't work, Perosh stayed in the mount until Diabate tried to buck him off, then took Diabate's back, battered him with ground and pound, sunk in a rear-naked choke and forced Diabate to tap.

vCash

Renan Barao Submits Brad Pickett, Runs Record to 27-1

Renan Barao faced tougher competition than ever before on Saturday at UFC 138, but his winning streak remains.

Barao, the Brazilian who lost his first professional MMA fight and hasn't lost since, beat Brad Pickett to improve his record to 27-1, with one no contest.

The fight lasted just 4 minutes, 9 seconds, and it was exciting throughout. They both came out swinging, with Barao appearing to land the harder shots in the early going but Pickett also giving Barao all he could handle, and the opening minutes were a lot of fun as the fans in Birmingham, England, got behind the British Pickett.

But Barao took control of the fight when he hit Pickett's face with a brutal knee, then knocked him down with a combination of punches and then at the first opportunity took Pickett's back. Barao sunk in a body triangle and had control of Pickett, and when Barao secured a rear-naked choke, all Pickett could do was tap.

"When I hit him with the knee, I knew I could land the combinations, and I jumped on his back to finish with the submission," Barao said afterward.

Pickett, whose record falls to 20-6, is a fine fighter and one of the world's best bantamweights. But he's not as good as Barao -- Barao is one of the world's truly elite, and he may be a future bantamweight champion.

vCash

Mark Munoz Beats Chris Leben at UFC 138, Wants Anderson Silva Next

Mark Munoz turned in a tremendous performance on Saturday at UFC 138, battering Chris Leben for two rounds before the fight was stopped prior to the start of the third. Munoz controlled the fight on the ground and opened up a big cut over Leben's left eye with hard right hands, and between the second and third rounds Leben's corner decided to stop the fight.

After being awarded the victory by second-round technical knockout, Munoz said he wants the next shot at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

"I pay my dues in this weight class and I think I deserve a title shot," Munoz said. "Anderson Silva is by far the best pound-for-pound fighter. I give him all the respect and honor, but I think I deserve a title shot right now. I consider him a friend, but right now I'd love to get a title shot."

Munoz, a former NCAA wrestling champion, wanted to get the fight to the ground, and he did that with little trouble just 30 seconds into the first round. Leben, however, did a nice job of tying Munoz up and getting back to his feet without taking any damage. It was a back-and-forth round the rest of the way, with both men drilling each other hard several times, although at the end of the round Leben was gasping for air while Munoz looked fresh and relaxed.

In the second round Munoz again got a takedown within the first minute, and Leben again managed to get to his feet, but this time Leben got back up only after eating some hard shots from Munoz, and Munoz secured another takedown quickly after Leben escaped. Leben did briefly attempt a guillotine choke, but by the point that Munoz escaped that choke, he had so badly damaged Leben's left eye that the referee paused the fight to ask the doctor to inspect the cut. The doctor cleared Leben to keep going, but Munoz immediately pounced and got on top of Leben again.

And once the round ended, the cut over Leben's left eye was deemed to be too much, and that was that: UFC 138 came to an end with Munoz's hand being raised. Now he's looking for a chance at the middleweight belt.

vCash

Zo die Munoz domineerde goede. Wat kan Leben een hoop hebben zeg. Sjonge.

vCash

Gaaf event, gelukkig werd het gebrek aan grote namen ruimschoots gecompenseerd door de gevechten op de maincard!

vCash

vCash

vCash

thanks
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen