MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dana White: GSP Hates Nick Diaz, Will Be Ready to Fight Him by Summer

Nick Diaz will fight Carlos Condit for the UFC interim welterweight championship on February 4. But what happens to the interim champ after that? UFC President Dana White says he expects the interim champion to fight the reigning champion Georges St. Pierre sooner rather than later.

After UFC on FX 1 on Friday night, White told Ariel Helwani that St. Pierre is in better shape following surgery to repair a torn ACL than doctors expected, and that St. Pierre is already working out and getting himself prepared for a welterweight title unification fight in the summer. That's a more optimistic timeline than previously reported: St. Pierre had indicated he didn't think he'd be able to return to the Octagon until the fall.

"GSP's rehab could not be going better," White said. "He was texting me pictures of him kicking, doing everything. ... I think he's going to be back sooner than doctors anticipated."

So it sounds like the Condit-Diaz winner will take on St. Pierre next, rather than defend the interim title while St. Pierre continues to rehabilitate. And while St. Pierre has no control over which man he fights next, White said St. Pierre is hoping it's Diaz.

"He says, 'I am praying every night when I go to bed that Nick Diaz wins this fight,'" White said. "I have never seen Georges St. Pierre hate somebody. He hates Nick Diaz. I've never seen him so motivated to fight somebody and to beat somebody like Nick Diaz."
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Dana doet GSP's trashtalking...

vCash

effe offtopic:

@ Blackadder: Fuck Dana
    ====
    ONTOPIC:

vCash

Oh ja sorry. Was ik ff vergeten. Fuck Dana.

vCash

vette video die kuiper is goed bezig ,zag dat melvin ook goed bezig was

vCash

warrrr Diazzzz gsp dont be scared homie

vCash

Iemand de primetime video van diaz vs condit die va fightnext.doet het niet bij mij

vCash

Extended preview UFC143 main & co-main event:
    http://www.ufc.com/media/UFC-143-FOD-Condit-vs-Diaz
    Wat kijk ik uit naar dit event! Condit is men favoriete vechter, die eindelijk zijn titleshot krijgt. En Diaz een close second, beide 1000 x betere champions als layandpray GSP *yawn*
    WAR CONDIT!!! (&war koscheck, Mike pierce zegt me niets...)

vCash

vCash

vCash

Default Primetime:Diaz vs Condit episode 2!

Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Nick Diaz, Carlos Condit Camps Differ on Defending Interim Belt While GSP Heals

Looming in the background of UFC 143's main event is the specter of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, who is potentially the real prize for Saturday night's winner. Either Nick Diaz or Carlos Condit will emerge with the interim title after the scheduled five-rounder, but a date with St-Pierre and a chance to win the linear title is ultimate reward.

Complicating matters is uncertainty about St-Pierre's return date. UFC president Dana White recently said that GSP may be back in the summertime, while St-Pierre himself suggested that November was a more likely time frame.

That leads to questions about how the division will move forward in his absence. And on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, Diaz's manager and trainer Cesar Gracie revealed that if Diaz wins, he'll urge his charge not to compete until St-Pierre is ready to face him.

"If we're fortunate and we win this fight, I would advise Nick to not take another fight before the GSP fight unless it was in different weight class," he said. "We want to wait for that 170-pound thing. The people I speak with, they want to see the GSP fight if Nick is able to defeat Condit. That's where I'm at with it. I'd advise Nick to not take another fight."

Depending on St-Pierre's recovery time, that could lead to a 10-month break between fights, a period that Gracie said could be broken up by a temporary move to middleweight.

Historically though, UFC has rarely allowed champions to move divisions to compete in non-title matches. The last to do it was middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva, who moved up to light-heavyweight to KO Forrest Griffin in August 2009.

Gracie's comment got under the skin of Condit's manager Malki Kawa, who wondered if the Diaz camp was looking past UFC 143 and into the future.

"At the end of the day, if people are writing Carlos Condit off, it's a big mistake," he said. "Carlos is coming to fight. The guy is in great shape. Remember, he was supposed to fight in October. He hasn't stopped training. He's coming to fight and this is going to be a real good fight. And if and when he wins this belt, if [the UFC] wants to put him back out to fight again, Carlos is going to fight again and defend his belt against anyone who challenges him. We're not going to sit around and wait for anyone, not Georges or anybody. If there's fights out there, Carlos wants them."

But Gracie said his comment was meant with no disrespect, and that he was simply offering his opinion on a hypothetical situation.

Gracie said that refusing another welterweight bout was simply a means of preserving a fight that has come to be anticipated by both fans and fighters since Diaz was originally matched up with GSP last year. As he noted, the fight itself is more important to Diaz than the actual hardware for beating him. And in his opinion, given St-Pierre's level of dominance, a fight against Diaz would be important for the sport.

"There hasn't been any hype in a GSP fight for a very long time to the point he cleaned out his division and they were talking about an Anderson Silva matchup just to get some kind of excitement," he said. "Nick really brings that to table because he's one of most gifted athletes in terms of technically sound fighters out there. And you saw GSP on primetime. [Nick] brings out the thing where GSP wants to fight. I think it would be an amazing fight. And so that's the fight I would want."

Gracie credited Condit's completeness as a fighter, saying he has an underrated ground game, dangerous striking and excellent stamina. But he also made it clear this fight has no personal significance for Diaz past the fact that Condit is going to be standing across from him on Saturday.

"Carlos is an enemy now," he said. "He's in the way and he must be taken care of."

Condit's manager disagreed with Gracie speaking about what Diaz might do after winning, but the two found common ground on the competitiveness of the fight itself.

"They're talking like they already won the fight," Kawa said. "I do that as well sometimes, but when I see someone do it to me, I have to turn around and say, 'Hey, don't write my guy off.' No one should. This is a better fight overall [than a GSP-Diaz fight]. No disrespect to Georges but we all know that these two guys will come to scrap."

With a rehabilitation time of between six and 10 months, St-Pierre has plenty of time to digest that. At least he has some idea of what might be coming his way. If Diaz wins, he'll be there waiting when GSP is ready, but Condit will defend the interim belt with no regard for St-Pierre's return date.

vCash

Nice michael kuiper is te zien op facebook!

Volgens MMA junkie:

UFC officials recently announced that UFC 143's preliminary bouts of Dan Stittgen vs. Stephen Thompson and Rafael Natal vs. Michael Kuiper will stream via Facebook.

The Facebook stream now complements the evening's pay-per-view and FX broadcasts.

Featuring an interim welterweight title fight between Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit UFC 143 takes place Feb. 4 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Dutchman Kuiper (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) makes his debut with an unblemished resume and three consecutive first-round wins by TKO or KO on the international circuit. However, a look at his resume shows that he has yet to meet an opponent with significant high-level experience.

Kan iemand een schatting geven van hoelaat dat gevecht ongeveer zal zijn?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
    hahahaha gruwelijk goed!! Nick diaz fan tot het bittere einde!!
    Home mtk-gym.nl

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mastenbroek View Post
    Kan iemand een schatting geven van hoelaat dat gevecht ongeveer zal zijn?
    Tussen 02:00 & 03:00
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

After 62 Straight Kickboxing and MMA Wins, Stephen Thompson Makes UFC Debut

The numbers are something out of a video game or a movie or someone's imagination. In amateur kickboxing, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson was 37-0. As a pro kickboxer, 20-0. As a professional mixed martial artist, he's 5-0 so far. That's 62 straight fights without a loss.

But it's no facade, and his record is no product of fishy matchmaking. In fact, despite his newness on the MMA scene, he's already wowed some of this sports' brightest minds. Georges St-Pierre's trainer Firas Zahabi recently called Thompson "definitely the best karate guy, the best striker I've ever seen, all around in any sport."

The welterweight brings his exceptional record to this weekend's UFC 143, where he faces fellow octagon rookie Daniel Stittgen, hoping to stretch his streak to triple digits.

The remarkable run is the result of a lifetime spent in the martial arts. Ask him about the last time he lost a fight in competition and he has to scan his memory, traveling more than a decade back into the 1990s, when he was a 12-year-old on the karate tournament circuit.

"Honestly, I did hundreds and hundreds of them, and I probably lost every one of them," he said. "I maybe won one time. I would get my butt tore up. I remember that like it was yesterday. So I learned as a young kid to keep my chin up and keep training hard. I know what losing feels like and I don't want to do it again. That's what pushes me now."

His experiences as youth didn't just supply the drive for his current success, they also provided his "Wonderboy" moniker. Given his resume, you might guess that it stems from his remarkable success as a fighter, but you would be wrong. Instead, he got pegged with the name back in elementary school, when he was known for singing and dancing, and got tagged by his sister's boyfriend as "Stevie Wonder," later altered to "Wonderboy."

Regardless of the origins, the label proved prophetic. As Thompson's record suggests, he's been a phenom on the combat sports scene for years.

Now 28 years old, Thompson aims to prove he is much more than a standup artist. He has a black belt in Japanese jiu-jitsu, trains Brazilian jiu-jitsu under his brother-in-law, eighth-degree black belt Carlos Machado, and says his wrestling is his second strongest skill behind his striking.

"I've had many fights, but this is the biggest stage I've ever fought in," he said. "The UFC is the best. They're it. I'm glad to have the privilege to come in and fight there. Nerves will play a big part, but if you're not nervous going into a fight, you shouldn't be out there."

Thompson started in the martial arts at three years old, training under his father, Ray, who owns a karate studio in Simpsonville, South Carolina. But it wasn't always a love affair. By around the age of 10 or 11, the flame had burned out. While his friends were playing baseball and football, Thompson found himself constantly stuck at the dojo.

He trained there. He ate there. He did his homework there.

"As I got to that age, doing it all the time was like work," he said. "It wasn't fun anymore. But one day, the light bulb clicked in my head, and I got it."

Thompson was around 12 at that time, working out in adult classes. By the time he was 15, he was making his amateur debut, inspired in part by his older sister Lindsay, who he often watched compete and aimed to emulate.

He did her proud, defeating an unbeaten 26-year-old en route to 37 straight victories. His biggest personal highlight came in 2005, when he captured a World Association of Kickboxing Organizations championship at a tournament held in Szeged, Hungary, becoming the first American to win a gold in the tournament since 1983.

But even as Thompson succeeded -- he won all 57 of his pro fights, and 46 by KO -- he was hit by the nagging feeling that kickboxing wasn't really going anywhere. Coupled with his own personal aspirations, he knew a move to MMA was in his future.

"My goal was always to be the best fighter, and in order to do that, I was going to have to switch to MMA and use these skills that I've been working on ever since I was younger but never got to use in competition," he said.

Thompson's move was delayed by a devastating knee injury in 2007 that saw him tear the ACL, MCL and PCL in his left knee. Later on, he suffered another setback, hurting the same knee after trying to do too much, too soon.

Upon returning, Thompson began training with some of the world's best MMA minds, including St-Pierre. Years prior, GSP had been in the corner of a Thompson opponent, only to watch "Wonderboy" KO his friend. The camps stayed in contact and GSP has since called on Thompson several times to assist in his camp.

"It does give you a lot of confidence going into fights," he said. "When you're up there and going toe-to-toe with the world's best -- and I know I still have a long way to get to where he is when it comes to wrestling and jiu-jitsu -- but it definitely gives me a mental advantage going into fights."

In his octagon debut, he faces Stittgen (7-1), another UFC newcomer who has earned five of his wins by submission. Thompson said that he expects all of his opponents to want no part of his standup and look to take the fight to the mat at the first available opportunity. But he trusts his wrestling to keep him upright, saying that it's always been a point of emphasis in training as a way to keep himself in an advantageous position.

And more than that, he trust his fight instincts. Thompson's record doesn't just suggest he is a winner, it proves it beyond any doubt. The streak may be in jeopardy every time he fights, but like most winners, "Wonderboy" doesn't spend much time thinking about what he has already done. Every fight is a new experience, providing a new lesson.

"People always ask me what will happen if I lose, and I never really thought about it until they asked me," he said. "If I do lose, it will just give me a stronger drive to train harder. I know guys are out here to rip my head off and trip me up. But coming from my background almost gives me an advantage because I know guys are going to want to take me down. Everyone out there can look for an exciting fight, and it's going to be another knockout."
    Last edited by Kemal; 31-01-2012 at 19:37.

vCash

Official fight card

Main card
    Interim Welterweight Championship bout: Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
    Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
    Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
    Bantamweight bout: Renan Barão vs. Scott Jorgensen
    Middleweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks

Preliminary card (FX)
    Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway
    Welterweight bout: Matthew Riddle vs. Henry Martinez