MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Interview: Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira about JDS

Interview: Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira

Idol and coach of Junior dos Santos, the Brazilian Rodrigo Nogueira couldn’t hide his happiness when his novice conquest the title which once was yours, the UFC heavyweight belt. On an interview, after the fight, Nogueira talked about the KO, the injury Junior suffered days before the fight and a lot more. Check it!
    What are your thoughts about the fight?

It couldn’t be better. Junior went for it. He had a big problem on this prep, because he had a meniscus injury few days ago, he almost didn’t fight. Angela Cortez worked hard with him for nine days, because he couldn’t put his feet on the ground, he was using the crutches to walk, but got a knockout on the first round. He knows what he does. Luis Dorea is to be congratulated for the work he’s done with Junior. He’s has the most dangerous hands in business, a great knockout. Cain Velasquez kicked his injured leg, but he took it and knocked him out, bringing the heavyweight title to Brazil. Three belts are in Brazil and Lyoto will try to bring another one home in December so that, with four titles, Brazil dominates UFC again.

You were the one who found Junior in Bahia and brought him into the fighting business. How does it feel to see him becoming a world champion?

Junior really worked hard with us. I saw his beginning and I could see him growing and now he’s became the best heavyweight fighter there is out there, the fastest. With so many Kos in UFC, he deserves it. Here on the United States, Cain Velasquez was considered to be the favorite, so he really deserved. We knew Junior could win, but people thought he wasn’t gonna do it, but he did, and now it’s proven he’s the best heavyweight fighter.

Are you taking this train and getting a win by KO over Frank Mir on the 10th?

Man, I’m trained a lot. I did a training camp with Junior in Bahia. I trained at the best training center of Brazil, and one of the bests in the world, my hand is sharp and I’m confident. I train with the bests and let’s see what happens. I rather not say many things before I enter that cage.

Were you surprised by how fast he got the win?

Cain Velasquez get exposed when he tries to kick and punch his opponents. It’s a dangerous game, he could’ve caught Junior on that first attempt. He was better and the entire country was watching it. I guess Brazil stopped to watch Junior’s fight and thanks’ God we got a great win like that. I guess at least half of the people in Brazil stopped in front of TV to see a great moment of the sport. With UFC Rio there was a big boom of the sport and now with the open TV, Globo, i guess it’ll be a champion in Brazil.

You’re fighting for a long time and now it’s been recognized in Brazil. How do you see it?

It’s because of a great job and it’s due to people who are on top. The sport wouldn’t be so great in Brazil if the athletes didn’t bring so many good results, belts. If we’re not the champion, we’re on the top three. I guess it’s really important. We have great representatives on the sport.

Send your message to the Brazilian fans…

I’d like to thank you all for supporting Junior. There were many people sending him messages on Twitter (@junior_cigano) and many people sent messages and he read it. I guess it was really important for him, while injured, to get there and get that extra power to knockout on the first round.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

"Some people have so much respect for their superiors
    they have none left for themselves."

vCash

thanks, zou wat zijn als de 4de titel ook naar een Braziliaan gaat.

Cain Velasquez kicked his injured leg, but he took it and knocked him out, bringing the heavyweight title to Brazil. Als je het zo leest mag hij toch blij zijn dat het gevecht niet lang duurde..
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier