Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

vCash

vCash

Wat denken jullie van Einemo? Gaat hij zijn eerste UFC win achter zijn naam zetten?

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by waarel View Post
    Wat denken jullie van Einemo? Gaat hij zijn eerste UFC win achter zijn naam zetten?
    Russow heeft een geweldig incasseringsvermogen en is een hele goede worstelaar. Maar Einemo gaat dit keer met de winst naar huis!

vCash

Chael Sonnen, wat een baas! Heerlijk weer tijdens de persconferentie!
    Sowieso schrijf je zo.

vCash

heb wel weer moeten lachen om die sonnen, wat een held is dat zeg, davis heeft er ook blijkbaar zin in maar die begon op een gegeven zo graag over drugs praten dat ik dacht dat die zelf verslaafd is

vCash

ik moet wel zeggen als ik einemo zo zie lijkt het me echt een super aardige relaxte kerel

vCash

Rashad-Davis is toch 5 rondes? Als Davis Rashad niet kan gooien, staat hem een lange avond te wachten. En hij had moeite om Lil Nog te gooien, worstelen in mma is toch wat anders.
    Last edited by deco'o; 27-01-2012 at 01:56.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Who's the Better Wrestler? Rashad Evans, Phil Davis Go Toe-to-Toe

Rashad Evans and Phil Davis will determine on Saturday night which one of them is the better mixed martial artist. But they had a spirited discussion on Thursday afternoon about which one of them is the better wrestler.

On the surface, that wouldn't seem to be a close comparison: Both were college wrestlers, but Evans was merely a pretty good wrestler at Michigan State. Davis was a great wrestler, winning the NCAA championship his senior year and coming in second, fifth and seventh in the nation in his other three years.

However, Evans insisted in interviews this week that he's a better wrestler than Davis, prompting a colorful exchange.

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug," Davis said when first told that Evans had claimed to be a better wrestler. "It's crazy what the kids do nowadays. I encourage imagination and it's good that he has that, but no. He'll never beat me in wrestling. Not thumb wrestling. Not anything of the sort."

Evans, however, insisted that Davis merely used his physical strength to win wrestling matches, while Evans had superior technique.

"If I wrestled you in college I guarantee I would beat you," Evans said. "If we wrestled right now I guarantee I would beat you. Your technique is trash. You won a college championship off junk. You could not win on an international level because you have trash technique."

That prompted a brief exchange between the two, which UFC President Dana White ultimately ended:

Davis: "What have you been watching?"

Evans: "I watched you wrestle in college. It was trash."

White: "Next question, please."

The next question between Davis and Evans -- which one of them is the better fighter? -- will be answered on Saturday night.

vCash

Chael Sonnen Brings Title Belt to UFC on FOX 2 Press Conference

Although the UFC (as well as the rest of the world) recognizes Anderson Silva as the world middleweight champion, that's not stopping contender Chael Sonnen from walking around with his own replica belt.

A day after wearing the belt over his shoulder for an ESPN2 interview, Sonnen brought the belt to Thursday's UFC on FOX 2 press conference for everyone to take a closer look at the W Chicago City Center in Chicago.

"This is the world championship title of which I took from Anderson Silva," Sonnen explained of the belt in front of him. "In this country, possession is nine-tenths of the law. Finders keepers, losers weepers, and if he wants it back, he knows where to find me."

If Sonnen wants the real title, he'll have to beat Michael Bisping on Saturday to earn a title shot against Silva. To make matters confusing, Sonnen for the past month-and-a-half has insisted a rematch with Silva will not happen, claiming he's done chasing after a rematch with Silva. Instead, Sonnen said he would cash in his No. 1 contender voucher against a champion in another weight class.

On Thursday, White cleared up the situation, reiterating that the winner of Sonnen-Bisping will take on Silva for the belt in the summer.

"Chael's nuts," White said. "He says all kinds of crazy things. He's [claims he's] champion ... Listen to me. Okay? Listen to me. He's not the champion. He will fight Anderson Silva if he wins. He will not fight for the heavyweight championship or Jon Bones Jones."

Interestingly, Sonnen has strayed from trashing Bisping or previous opponent Mark Munoz leading up to UFC on FOX 2, instead sticking to cutting pro wrestling promos about emerging victorious on Saturday. It's clear as focused as Sonnen is on Bisping, there's still business to be settled between himself and Silva.

"I believe that I am the true champion," Sonnen said. "This is the true UFC belt. This was Anderson Silva's belt. I took his belt like a gangster in the night ... If he wants his belt back, he can come and get it. But as far as I'm concerned, he's as irrelevant as Mike Tyson. The only thing he hasn't done is announce his retirement. He sound paint his face, gain a hundred pounds, sit in the third row and hope somebody remembers who they are because neither of those guys matter anymore."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thefxr View Post
    dat GG eens zijn oren moet fixen!

echt slecht van GG dat vechters hebben met bloemkooloren...............

war eienemo!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MMAProfessor View Post
    ik moet wel zeggen als ik einemo zo zie lijkt het me echt een super aardige relaxte kerel
    Viel mij ook al op ja, hoop echt dat Einemo aan het langste eind trek en we hem nog vaak in de UFC mogen aanschouwen
    Er zit tenslotte toch een Nederlands randje aan deze symphatieke bottenbreker.
    “The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy”
    -Charles de Montesquieu

vCash

UFC on FOX 2 Main Event Breakdown: Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis

Rashad Evans has been the light-heavyweight division's No. 1 contender in waiting for 18 months, a lengthy purgatory that will only end if he beats Phil Davis at Saturday night's UFC on FOX 2 show, and emerges uninjured.

On paper, it is a fight he should win. He has twice as many fights as Davis, and has competed against higher-caliber opponents over the last few years. The odds reflect that, with Evans a 2-to-1 favorite by the estimates of most.

But there are also factors that suggest the outcome isn't quite that clear cut. For one, Evans (16-1-1) has only fought once in the last 18 months, against the struggling Tito Ortiz. For another, Davis (9-0) has had 10 months in between fights. Because of the fact that Davis is newer to the sport, he has more to learn, and might have benefited more from the time off between fights.

The biggest improvements Davis can hope to show in this matchup are his overall striking game and wrestling transitions. To date, Davis' best standup weapon has been his kicks, something he has proven to be reliant on. Against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, for example, he threw 18 kicks and 18 punches while standing. A true 1:1 kick/punch ratio is very unusual at the highest levels of MMA.

That ratio alone isn't troublesome, but the issue comes in the fact that against Nogueira, he landed only two of his 18 arm strikes, just 11 percent. He will have to do more in the pocket to keep Evans honest, because if Evans can completely discount his punches, the fight becomes easier for him. To that end, Davis has been working with fellow light-heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson as well as bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz. After 10 months, it's hard to imagine we won't see any real improvements.

In recent days, Evans has made headlines for saying that Davis isn't a very good wrestler, a statement that doesn't jibe with Davis' pedigree as a former NCAA national champion.

"Your technique is trash," Evans said during a Thursday press conference. "You won a college championship off junk. You could not win on an international level because you have trash technique."

The statement was no doubt a piece of gamesmanship on Evans' part, but the fact is that given Davis' wrestling history, he has underperformed a bit in the takedown department, successfully landing just 50 percent of his tries according to FightMetric. His problems stem from often shooting from too far away with no setup. To date, Nogueira has been his most decorated opponent. Nogueira has no background in wrestling, but Davis was just four of 11 against him. Again, though, this is the type of area that could benefit from some intensive training, and Davis might look significantly better this time around.

On the other hand, in his limited time fighting, Davis has shown some of the best defensive work in MMA. According to FightMetric, he's only been hit .38 times per minute -- by far the lowest number in UFC history. He's also never been taken down, so has a perfect 100 percent takedown defense record.

Both of those numbers will be tested by Evans, who has the most complete game of any opponent Davis has yet to face. Evans won't be lost if just one thing doesn't work. He has good hands, throws kicks, moves well into takedowns and has effective ground and pound.

Evans has said that he has gone back to his wrestling roots, and that showed against Ortiz as most of the fight was spent on the ground. But given the fact that the area is Davis' strength, it's worth wondering if Evans will truly engage him there or simply wants to plant the seed in Davis' mind so he'll have something else to think about.

Evans is a very good MMA wrestler, but it's unlikely he'll put Davis on his back for any stretch of time. That leaves a fight where Evans is likely going to be on the defensive, hoping to avoid Davis' takedowns throughout. Remember, this is a five-round fight, so it could become a grind. Davis may or may not have success in taking the fight to the ground, but he's also quite likely to work Evans against the fence and hope to wear him down with dirty boxing and sheer physicality.

In some ways, that kind of plan could work to Evans' advantage. He's always fought well as a counter-striker, and he's never had any real issues with stamina. Davis has looked strong in fights that have gone the distance, but he's prepared to go five full rounds for the first time in his career, while Evans has had to do it three times now.

Their wrestling games should largely cancel each other out, so unless Davis has made a big leap forward in his striking, this should still be Evans' fight to lose. Evans is more experienced, has shown more power and has big-fight experience. Davis is still a blue-chip prospect, but there's no way to know whether his time off helped him by allowing him time to refine his skills, or it hurt him by adding ring rust. A Davis upset wouldn't be a huge surprise, as he's capable of grinding out a win with his physicality and will, but most other routes to victory seem to favor Evans, and so his perpetual role as top contender should continue by a close decision.

vCash

UFC on FOX 2 Weigh-In Results

FOX Bouts - 8 p.m. ET
    Rashad Evans (205) vs. Phil Davis (205)
    Chael Sonnen (185) vs. Michael Bisping (185)
    Chris Weidman (185) vs. Demian Maia (186)

FUEL TV Preliminary Bouts - 5 p.m. ET
    Evan Dunham (155) vs. Nik Lentz (155)
    John-Olav Einemo (253) vs. Mike Russow (251)
    Cub Swanson (145) vs. George Roop (145)
    Eric Wisely (145) vs. Charles Oliveira (144)
    Michael Johnson (156) vs. Shane Roller (156)
    Joey Beltran (228) vs. Lavar Johnson (252)

Facebook Preliminary Bout - 4:30 p.m. ET

Chris Camozzi (185) vs. Dustin Jacoby (185)

vCash

Chris Weidman's BJJ Coach Wouldn't Be Shocked if Weidman Submits Maia

Considering Chris Weidman's wrestling prowess and Demian Maia's jiu-jitsu mastery, there's a strong chance their middleweight bout at UFC on FOX 2 will be decided on the ground.

Now Maia has already shown he's one of the most dangerous submission artists at 185. But what about Weidman? Coming off back-to-back submission wins, can the prospect make it three-in-a-row against one of the best jiu-jitsu artists in MMA?

John Danaher, one of Weidman's jiu-jitsu trainers, says he "wouldn't be completely shocked."

"[Weidman]'s a formidable opponent on the floor," Danaher tells MMAFighting.com. "Trust me, you cannot fall asleep on him for a second. If you do, don't be surprised if you see an unexpected result."

Danaher agrees there will likely be many exchanges on the floor. And when asked if Weidman as the superior wrestler can dictate where the fight goes, Danaher argues Maia is tricky enough that he can pull guard.

"He's very effective from bottom position," Danaher said of Maia. "I do think there will be a lot of groundplay even if Demian can't get the conventional takedown on Chris, I still think he could bring the fight to the ground."

Joining Danaher in Weidman's corner on Saturday night will be head trainer Ray Longo and training partner Gian Villante. They've all had only about just over a week to help Weidman prepare for Maia.

For Villante's part, he's been channeling his inner-Demian Maia to assist in Weidman's preparations. As someone who has trained with Weidman day in and day out, Villante also thinks Weidman's workman-style could open up the possibility of recording a submission over the former BJJ world champion.

"I'm no Demian Maia in jiu-jitsu-wise, not even close," the Strikeforce light heavyweight Villante said with a laugh. "But I've seen him do some crazy, incredible tapouts to some high-level jiu-jitsu guys. You add in striking and a 15-minute fight, the relentless of it ... I'm not saying his jiu-jitsu is better than Demian Maia's but his jiu-jitsu is relentless. He's going to keep coming after him, move to move to move to move until he finally gets something."

On Thursday, Weidman spoke about his willingness to accept the risk of battling Maia for the submission.

"I have a lot of respect for Demian Maia's jiu-jitsu," Weidman said at the pre-fight press conference. "I think he's amazing. But ever since I got into MMA, my jiu-jitsu has been one of my main focal points. I'm competed in Abu Dhabi against the top-level grapplers in the world and I've done pretty well. I also train with some of the top guys in the world and I do pretty well. Based on that is what leads me to have the confidence to go on the ground and be confident there."

vCash

heeft er iemand een link ??? aub en danku