Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine Weigh-In Results

Main Card
    Luke Rockhold (185) vs. Keith Jardine (185)
    Robbie Lawler (186) vs. Adlan Amagov (186)
    Muhammed Lawal (205) vs. Lorenz Larkin (206)
    Tyron Woodley (171) vs. Jordan Mein (169)
    Tarec Saffiedine (170) vs. Tyler Stinson (170)

Undercard
    Nah-Shon Burrell (172) vs. James Terry (171) -- Burrell lost pound in an hour
    Trevor Smith (206) vs. Gian Villante (205)
    Ricky Legere (170) vs. Chris Spang (170)
    Alonzo Martinez (160) vs. Estevan Payan (160.5) -- Catchweight Bout

vCash

Muhammed Lawal Re-Signs With Strikeforce

"The King" will continue to reign in Strikeforce after all.

Muhammed Lawal, who meets Lorenz Larkin at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine Saturday night, has signed a new four-fight contract with Strikeforce, according to Lawal's manager Mike Kogan.

Lawal had one fight left on his current contract, so this assures that he will fight in Strikeforce for at least five more fights. This also means that Lawal won't be moving over to the UFC any time soon.

Lawal (8-1) is 3-1 in Strikeforce. He recently defeated Roger Gracie in September to get back on track following his light heavyweight title loss to Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante in Aug. 2010.

He recently retracted his "cancer patient" comments about Strikeforce on a recent episode of The MMA Hour and left the door open for a return to the organization.

"I've got one more fight on my contract and then my contract ends in February," Lawal said. "King Mo just wants to go where he can get paid and get paid without the check bouncing."

Done and done.

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

NSAC's Keith Kizer Had No Issues With Kim Winslow's Stoppage of Lawal-Larkin

Referee Kim Winslow received a fair share of criticism for her work at Saturday night's Strikeforce event in Las Vegas, most notably from Muhammed Lawal, but Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer did not feel the criticism was warranted.

"I had no issues with the stoppage," Kizer wrote to MMAFighting.com on Monday when asked for a response to Lawal's post-fight comments about the referee.

Lawal felt Winslow stopped his fight against Lorenz Larkin very late, which could have led to Larkin getting seriously injured.

"The commission," Lawal said at the post-fight press conference, "they need to do something with (Winslow). Let her take a fight or something and give her a bad ref. Let her fight Cyborg or something. Let her fight 'Cyborg' and then let's do a late stoppage of her. Because I watched her almost get Jan Finney killed by 'Cyborg.' I think the tables need to be turned. Put me in there as a ref and I'll just do a terrible job like her."

In a June 2009 interview, Winslow, who has never competed in a professional or amateur MMA fight, told MMAFighting.com that her professional background was as an air-traffic controller, but she had trained in "multiple "styles" of martial arts.

"I am not a fighter," she said, "I'm a safety girl. I don't have the warrior spirit, I'm much more concerned about whether the other person is OK. Some of us are meant to ref and some of us are meant to fight. I have the capability to fight, but I'm not the person who fights unless I have to defend myself."

Watch Lawal discuss his issues with Winslow below (6:00 mark).