MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Default TUF 14 Finale: Bisping vs. Mayhem Results **Spoiler**

Spike TV Bouts
    Michael Bisping def. Jason "Mayhem" Miller via third-round TKO
    Featherweight Final: Brandao def. Bermudez via submission (armbar)
    Bantamweight Final: John Dodson def. T.J. Dillashaw via first-round TKO
    Tony Ferguson def. Yves Edwards via unanimous decision
    Johnny Bedford def. Louis Gaudinot via third-round TKO

Preliminary Bouts
    Marcus Brimage def. Stephen Bass via unanimous decision
    John Albert def. Dustin Pague via first-round TKO
    Roland Delorme def. Josh Ferguson via third-round submission (RNC)
    Steven Siler def. Josh Clopton via unanimous decision
    Bryan Caraway def. Dustin Neace via submission (rear-naked choke)
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Diego Brandao Gets $80K UFC Bonus; $40K for Bermudez, Dodson

Diego Brandao said after he won The Ultimate Fighter featherweight tournament that he was going to take advantage of his new six-figure UFC contract and buy his mother a house. After the fight, he found out he'll have a lot more money than he realized to lavish on his mom.

The UFC announced that Brandao will receive $80,000 in bonuses for his performance on Saturday night: The UFC's traditional post-fight bonuses are $40,000 apiece for this event, and Brandao earned two of them.

Brandao won the Submission of the Night bonus for the impressive arm bar that forced Dennis Bermudez to tap out in the first round of their featherweight Finale fight. And Brandao and Bermudez also shared the Fight of the Night bonus.

The Brandao-Bermudez fight was a sensational display, 4 minutes and 51 seconds of action that ended when Brandao went from getting pounded on the ground by Bermudez to rolling over and trapping Bermudez in an arm bar. The fight was definitely the best of a good night of UFC fights, and Brandao's submission was sensational.

The other bonus, $40,000 for Knockout of the Night, went to John Dodson, who won The Ultimate Fighter bantamweight tournament by knocking out T.J. Dillashaw.

vCash

Johnny Bedford TKOs Tiny Louis Gaudinot

When and if the UFC implements a flyweight class, Louis Gaudinot will be ready to move down. Because Gaudinot found out the hard way at the Ultimate Fighter Finale that he's just too small for bantamweight.

Johnny Bedford, who at 5-foot-10 is seven inches taller than Gaudinot, easily won in the first Spike TV fight on the Ultimate Fighter Finale card, and the story of the fight was the size difference: Although Bedford and Gaudinot both weighed in at the bantamweight limit of 136 pounds, they're a very different 136. Bedford is a big, strong guy who cuts a lot to get down to 136, while Bedford is a tenacious but tiny fighter who could easily make 125 pounds.

Bedford battered away at Gaudinot in the first round for what should have been a 10-8 round, and in the second round he continued to completely overpower Gaudinot. In the third, Gaudinot just had nothing left, and after Bedford whaled on him for a couple minutes, referee Steve Mazzagatti finally stepped in and stopped the fight.

"I'm ecstatic right now," Bedford said afterward. "I'm just fortunate and blessed to be here, to have an opportunity in the UFC."

It was a solid showing for Bedford, who has now won seven of his last eight pro fights. He's a good addition to the UFC's bantamweight division.

As for Gaudinot, he could be a good addition to a future flyweight division. But at bantamweight, he's going to get beaten up by bigger opponents. That's what Bedford did to him on Saturday night.

vCash

Tony Ferguson Stays Unbeaten in the UFC, Decisions Yves Edwards

Former Ultimate Fighter winner Tony Ferguson got the most significant victory of his MMA career on Saturday night, taking a unanimous decision from Yves Edwards at the Ultimate Fighter Finale.

The victory, which improves Ferguson to 3-0 in the UFC (not counting his wins on the Ultimate Fighter reality show) and 13-2 overall, came after 15 very entertaining minutes of action.

"I didn't think it was going to go all three but I'm glad it did," Ferguson said afterward. "I learned a lot from this fight and I had a hell of a time."

The first round was sensational, with Ferguson doing most of the damage with his trademark hard punches and getting Edwards on wobbly legs late in the round. But Edwards also landed a couple of good head kicks, and they had a great exchange on the ground, with Ferguson attempting to roll into an omoplata, in the final minute of the round as well.

Both men appeared to be a bit worn down after that fast and furious first five minutes, but the second round had plenty of action as well, with Edwards hitting Ferguson with some clean shots, but Ferguson showing off a good chin and charging forward and hitting Edwards with plenty of his own.

By the third round neither fighter had as much pop on his strikes as they had early on, but it remained an entertaining kickboxing battle for five more minutes. At the final horn either man could have been declared the winner, but the judges scored it 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28 for Ferguson.

vCash

John Dodson Stops T.J. Dillashaw to Win The Ultimate Fighter

John Dodson is The Ultimate Fighter's bantamweight tournament winner.

Dodson beat T.J. Dillashaw with a short and sweet first-round technical knockout, easily winning the fight while barely breaking a sweat. Dodson knocked Dillashaw down with one punch, and when Dillashaw got back up but looked wobbly, Dodson landed another punch that knocked Dillashaw down again. Dodson pounced, and referee Herb Dean quickly stepped in to stop the fight.

The fight lasted just 1 minute, 54 seconds.

Dillashaw got back up immediately after the stoppage, and some fans booed Dean for stopping the fight as quickly as he did, but Dillashaw didn't seem to be all there, and Dean's stoppage was justifiable.

For Dodson, the win is a huge step forward in his career: Although he's a tiny bantamweight who's been more comfortable fighting at flyweight previously in his pro MMA career, he showed on The Ultimate Fighter that he can beat bigger opponents. Dodson is a fighter with a lot of promise.

"Words cannot describe how I feel right now," Dodson said afterward. "Oh, my God. Did I just end it that quick?"

Dodson did finish it that quickly: He put on a great show.

vCash

Diego Brandao Submits Dennis Bermudez in Wild Ultimate Fighter Finale

In a wild, crazy, back-and-forth brawl, Diego Brandao submitted Dennis Bermudez to win the featherweight tournament in Season 14 of The Ultimate Fighter.

The fight lasted just 4 minutes, 51 seconds, but it was one of the most exciting rounds of the year in MMA: It had explosive striking from both men in the early going, and a tremendous comeback arm bar from Brandao after it appeared that Bermudez was about to finish him off with punches on the ground.

"I just waited for the right moment to choose the arm bar," Brandao said afterward, before adding that his six-figure UFC contract would take care of his family: "Now I'm going to be able to by a house for my mom in Brazil."

Bermudez got off to a good start, landing the harder punches and grabbing hold of Brandao near the cage, briefly attempting a standing guillotine. A minute later, however, Brandao knocked Bermudez down with a hard punch. With two minutes to go in the first round Brandao landed a hard knee that knocked Bermudez down, and Brandao then got on top and took Bermudez's back. Bermudez managed to get back up, and then a perfect right hand leveled Brandao and left him flat on his back.

Amazingly, Brandao managed to hold on for dear life as Bermudez pummeled him on the ground, and when Bermudez got a little too wild with his punches, Brandao grabbed hold of his arm and rolled over into a textbook-perfect arm bar, instantly forcing Bermudez to tap out.

The victory makes Brandao the featherweight Ultimate Fighter winner, and it also makes him one of the most impressive Ultimate Fighter contestants the UFC has had in recent years. Brandao used his striking to defeat everyone he faced during Season 14 of The Ultimate Fighter, and now he's used his grappling to finish Bermudez in the Finale. Brandao is a rising star.

vCash

Michael Bisping Beats Down Jason Mayhem Miller in UFC Main Event

The main event of Saturday night's Ultimate Fighter Finale featured Jason "Mayhem" Miller getting a bully beatdown, as Michael Bisping dominated the second round before finishing the fight with a technical knockout in the third.

Bisping and Miller had coached against each other on this season of The Ultimate Fighter and developed a rivalry, but it wasn't much of a rivalry in the Octagon on Saturday night: Although Miller got off to a fast start, Bisping took it to Miller as the fight wore on and won it handily.

"He's a tough son of a gun," Bisping said of Miller afterward. "I'm here to entertain. I think me and Jason put on a fantastic season of The Ultimate Fighter. ... I'm proud to be part of The Ultimate Fighter, proud to be part of the UFC."

Miller came out swinging and hit Bisping hard in the initial exchanges in the first round, and Miller got exactly what he wanted a couple minutes into the round: He took Bisping down and mounted him against the cage, pinning Bisping's legs together with a triangle. However, Miller wasn't able to do much with his advantageous position and Bisping eventually got back to his feet. It was a good first round for Miller, although he missed an opportunity to capitalize on the ground.

The second round was another story altogether, as Bisping took complete control in the stand-up, peppering Miller's face with punches and turning his face into a bruised, bloody mess. Miller tried to act like he wasn't hurt and even dropped his hands to challenge Bisping to keep bringing it, but it was clear that Bisping was hurting Miller with punches. Late in the round Bisping started to mix in knees, and at the end of the round Bisping knocked Miller down, jumped on top of him and was close to finishing him with elbows when the horn sounded.

And then in the third Bisping really went to work, hitting Miller with even more punches and then following Miller to the ground when Miller attempted a takedown. Bisping hammered away at Miller, beat on him with punches and elbows, and it was finally knees to the body that led referee Steve Mazzagatti to stop the fight.

The win improves Bisping's record to 22-3. Miller falls to 23-8, and he told the fans afterward that he did all he could against a tough opponent.

"I trained really hard for this fight," Miller said. "I'm sorry, guys, I got tired. I can't make any excuses about it. For all the boos Michael Bisping gets, as a fighter he deserves your applause."

Bisping deserved plenty of applause for what he did on Saturday.

vCash

vCash

Johnny Bedford Doesn't Feel He'll Ever Get Over Loss to John Dodson

Watch below as Johnny Bedford talked about beating Louis Gaudinot at the TUF 14 Finale, putting pressure on himself before the fight, his loss to John Dodson during the TUF season, why he cut his hair and much more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/johnny-bedford-tuf-14-post-fight-interview/1308390592001

vCash

Bryan Caraway Was Very Close to Not Fighting at TUF 14 Finale

Watch below as Bryan Caraway talked about beating Dustin Neace at the TUF 14 Finale, why he was close to not fighting on Saturday night, dealing with his nerves before the fight and much more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/bryan-caraway-tuf-14-post-fight-interview/1308325912001

vCash

Tony Ferguson Talks About Why He Was So Nervous Prior to TUF 14 Finale

Watch below as Tony Ferguson talks about why he deserved to beat Yves Edwards at TUF 14 Finale, why he was so nervous going into the fight, what he learned from the win, his weight cut, and more.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/tony-ferguson-tuf-14-post-fight-interview/1308381845001

vCash

Marcus Brimage Meets Hero 'Rampage' Jackson After TUF 14 Finale Win

Watch below as Marcus Brimage talks about his win over Stephen Bass at TUF 14 Finale, and then meets his hero Quinton Jackson.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/marcus-brimage-tuf-14-post-fight-interview/1308408194001

vCash

With Satisfying Win, Michael Bisping Hopes He Taught 'Mayhem' Miller a Lesson

For all of one round, Saturday night's TUF 14 Finale main event was a competitive fight. Unfortunately for Jason "Mayhem" Miller, it was scheduled for five.

The MTV star and Ultimate Fighter coach managed to use his grappling skills to stymie Michael Bisping for most of the first frame, but late in the opening round he began to fade, and his decline only got worse as the fight wore on.

Bisping, meanwhile, got sharper and crisper with his striking as Miller got slower and sloppier, and the result was a mostly one-sided beatdown for the next two rounds that came to a merciful halt at 3:34 of round three.

After the event, Bisping brushed off suggestions that he'd only managed to stop Miller because of fatigue, saying "Any time I stop someone it's because they gas. I guarantee Jason didn't gas. I guarantee Jason could have gone five rounds."

As Bisping saw it, his win wasn't a result of Miller's fatigue so much as Miller's fatigue was a result of the punishment Bisping doled out over the course of the three rounds.

"This was a big opportunity for Jason. I guarantee he had the cardio to go five [rounds]," Bisping said. "Guess what? You might have cardio, but when someone's landing big body shots like I was, kneeing you in the stomach and punching you repeatedly in the face, your cardio gets affected. The best runners in the world, you kick the [expletive] out of them, they won't run quite as well."

Whatever the cause, Miller was running on fumes by the end of the second round. Bisping kept the strikes coming, bloodying Miller's face and following him around the cage, while all Miller could do in response was wing looping punches and dive for takedowns that got easier and easier for Bisping to avoid. Near the end of the second frame, Miller even put his hands at his sides and taunted Bisping as the Brit teed off on his face.

"I had Charles McCarthy do that back at UFC 83. He did the same thing. That's normally the sign of a man who hasn't got anything else to do. They're trying to get a bit of bravado because they can't fight back, so they'll just try and look tough while they're getting their asses kicked."

The end came for Miller after a failed takedown attempt in round three left him turtled up and helpless to respond as Bisping hammered his head and body. When it became clear that Miller was incapable of fighting back, referee Steve Mazzagatti stepped in to stop it.

"This was a satisfying victory," Bisping said afterward. "Jason jumped on the bandwagon of that a) nobody likes me, and b) I'm not a very good fighter, and I don't deserve...all the rewards I've received for being a professional fighter all this time. He was quick to discredit me, that I was given hand-picked opponents and things like that. That doesn't sit well with me, and I find it very offensive. It was nice to go out there and teach him a lesson."

It was particularly satisfying to end the fight via TKO since Miller had criticized him for a lack of power, Bisping said, saying he had "pillow hands."

"For someone who has no punching power, I do believe the statistic is that seven out of eight of my last opponents have all gone to the hospital. While I'm sitting here doing this, he's probably in the back of an ambulance."

Miller was, in fact, taken to a hospital to get checked out, according to UFC officials. Bisping, however, showed little damage aside from a lump above his left eye that he said was the result of an accidental headbutt.

And while the UFC's announcement of a number one contender bout between Chael Sonnen and Mark Munoz in January likely means that Bisping won't rocket up to the top of the division as a result of this one win, that's fine with him, he said -- as long as he gets a fight that help to keep moving in that direction.

"I class myself as one of the best in the world. I think I consistently prove that. I want to fight for the belt. I've been around the UFC a long time, and that's what I want to do. That's what all fighters want to do. Looks like Chael and Mark Munoz, they're going to fight for number one contender. Fair enough. In the meantime, I want to fight whoever it is that gets me closer to that belt."

vCash

Michael Bisping: 'Mayhem' Miller 'Felt Like a Little Boy at Times'

Watch below as Michael Bisping looks back at his TUF 14 Finale win over Jason 'Mayhem' Miller, his performance, Miller gassing as the fight went on, whether he felt vindicated after the win, his love/hate relationship with the fans, and what's next for him.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/michael-bisping-tuf-14-post-fight-interview/1308436215001

vCash

Dana White Calls Mayhem-Bisping One of Most One-Sided Fights in UFC History

Watch below as UFC president Dana White talks about why he thought Michael Bisping vs. Jason 'Mayhem' Miller was one of the most one-sided fights in UFC history, what's next for Bisping, the TUF 14 Finale fights, the rest of the card and the UFC on FOX card that was announced on Saturday.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/dana-white-tuf-14-post-fight-interview/1308436228001

vCash

Jammer van Mayhem. zijn boksen en uithoudingsvermogen schoten tekort. Bisping deed het goed.
    Brandao-Bermudez erg mooi gevecht.
    dodson ook mooie stoppage.

vCash

Jammer had liever Miller zien winnnen maar Bisping is gewoon heel erg goed, had wel wat meer van Miller verwacht moet ik zeggen maar entertaining issie altijd.
    “The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy”
    -Charles de Montesquieu

vCash

T.J. Dillashaw vs John Dodson, belachelijke stop, Dillashaw ging voor de benen en wordt gewoon weggetgrokken door die Daen, als dat de beste scheids in het MMA moet voorstellen ???

vCash

Thanks Kemal!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pernik View Post
    T.J. Dillashaw vs John Dodson, belachelijke stop, Dillashaw ging voor de benen en wordt gewoon weggetgrokken door die Daen, als dat de beste scheids in het MMA moet voorstellen ???
    Daen is ook niet de beste MMA ref, maar Dean, Herb DEAN!
    Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone/Luke Rockhold/Jon Jones

vCash

Is dit dezelfde miller die tegen Nick Diaz wou vechten? met Diaz z'n tempo is die dan al denk ik na 2 min gassed!!

vCash

Die stoppage was inderdaad niet best. Maar als je zag hoe die Dillashaw achterover viel van de eerste klap, dan begrijp ik de ref wel. Daarnaast was Dillashaw behoorlijk op rolschaatsen, dus ik denk niet dat het veel uitgemaakt heeft voor de uitslag.

Miller vond ik wel een beetje tegenvallen. Zo slordig wassie staand en met die takedown heeftie ook niet veel bereikt. Daarna wasie gewoon kapot en Bisping heeft het goed afgemaakt.

Die armbar van Diego was erg mooi, zat meteen strak. Was wel een stomme fout van die Dennis Bermudez, maar goed dat moet je dus niet doen he :P Zo verloor Fedor ook van Werdum (te gretig in het afmaken).

vCash

Thanks
    Ik vond de stoppage van Dodson vs Dillashaw ietsje te vroeg maar volgens mij zou John het toch afmaken,mooie win voor John.
    Brandoa is een fucking beest ook op de grond man man wat een mooie armbar. Mooie partij neergezet door beide heren.
    Miller viel me ERG tegen...DAMN hoe kan je zo snel gassen zeg, hij deed het bestb goed in de eerste ronde maar daarna gassde hij en Bisping domineerde gewoon. Ik zou zeggen zet Mayhem Miller tegen Leben en Bisping tegen Demian Maia.
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

leben is geschorst voor een jaar! ik zou zeggen miller vs wandy en bisping vs winnaar belfort/johnson voor titleshot(ondertussen wel eerst silva vs sonnen 2!!)

vCash

Mayhem en Wandy zullen niet met elkaar vechten, denk ik. Vrienden/trainingspartners.