MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
    vCash

Default Cro Cop na zijn operatie

Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

vCash

Tja, als je dit ziet vraag ik me werkelijk af wat hij denkt te doen tegen Errol. Stom ! Kappen nou.

vCash

dat word hem natuurlijk niet in december

vCash

Nou. Tegen welke andere grote naam zou hij dan kunnen vechten als het niet Zimmerman is.

vCash

Despite Close to UFC Career, Mirko Cro Cop Plans Return to Kickboxing

A third straight knockout loss brought a close to Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic's UFC career, but the Croatian apparently isn't quite ready to call it quits when it comes to combat sports. While he's rehabbing a torn right biceps muscle, he is also plotting a return to kickboxing, and says he will fight in a March 10 show in his nation's capital city, Zagreb.

In an interview with Croatia's Fight Channel, Cro Cop revealed that he injured his right arm before his recent UFC 137 fight with Roy Nelson and decided to fight anyway. Even beforehand, he told fans that it was likely his last time in the octagon, and while he says he's done in the MMA realm, he plans to return to K-1 for the first time since 2003.

"K-1 is the sport where I started," he said. "This is my first love and I find K-1 more attractive and more suitable for our Croatian fans than MMA."

Cro Cop isn't scheduled to have his right arm removed from a cast until December 20, but despite his doctor's advice of staying on the sidelines for eight weeks, he has begun training in preparation for his return.

Cro Cop was once considered the most fearsome striker in MMA while in PRIDE, and came to the UFC on a high note, just after capturing PRIDE's Open Weight Grand Prix after knocking out Wanderlei Silva and causing Josh Barnett to tap out to punches on the same night in September 2006.

But his UFC tenure was rocky, going just 4-6 and never beating a top 10 opponent. As he has before, he voiced regret for his inability to find success in the organization, and admitted to some uninspired performances.

"I'm really sorry that I did not achieve my goals in that organization and I didn't fulfill their expectations," he said. "They paid me very well. I'm really sorry about that. I gave it my best shot. I was a professional and did my best to prepare for every fight, but after PRIDE Grand Prix, to be honest, I didn't have motivation to go on."

His K-1 opponent has yet to be named, but after being knocked out three straight times, there will be those that question whether a return to a striking-only sport is a good idea. But Cro Cop said he believes it will be a better fit for him given the less complex nature of it. Regardless, like many other fighters have discovered, the desire to continue competing has not been snuffed out even when your prime days are behind you.

"This fire in me will last forever," he said. "This is not just some fight to me. Like every time, I will prepare like it's the most important fight in my life."
    Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Stop nou met vechten mirko! Je bent een legende en hebt je tijd gehad. Niks om voor te schamen

vCash

Ik had hm al gezien . Cro cop is een legende. ik wil nog 1 partij in k1 zien
    ''Mixfight is geen site maar een manier van leven!'' - Glen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pahlavan View Post
    Stop nou met vechten mirko! Je bent een legende en hebt je tijd gehad. Niks om voor te schamen
    x2
    Ni politicien ni militaire, je ne suis qu'un troubadour...

vCash

Wie weet.. Ik hou toch ergens de hoop dat ie nog even goed gaat winnen.
    Zijn benen zijn toch wel heel gevaarlijk in K1.

Maar die arm...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    x2
    x3

vCash

Volgens mij is het verre van een goed idee om zo te gaan trainen terwijl je vers uit een operatie bent met je arm nog in een brace..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Silat View Post
    Wie weet.. Ik hou toch ergens de hoop dat ie nog even goed gaat winnen.
    Zijn benen zijn toch wel heel gevaarlijk in K1.

Maar die arm...
    Die is minder gevaarlijk.
    A GOOD STANCE AND PROPER POSTURE REFLECT A PROPER STATE OF MIND.
    ~MORIHEI UESHBA

vCash

Lekker tegenstrijdig. Hij verliest in de UFC op KO en gaat vervolgens een tak van sport beoefenen tegen de op papier beste strikers van de wereld.....