MIXFIGHT.COM
NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash

Default UFC 145: Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans

Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills Slated for UFC 145 in Montreal

Welterweight prospect Rory MacDonald will make his return to the UFC in March against Che Mills, MMAFighting.com has confirmed with sources close to the fight.

The Canadian MacDonald, who pulled out of his UFC 140 fight against Brian Ebersole last month due to an injury, will meet Mills at UFC 145 on March 24 at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

The organization has yet to officially announce its return to "La Belle Province" or any fights on the card.

The 22-year-old MacDonald (12-1) is 3-1 in the UFC, recently defeating Mike Pyle at UFC 133 in August via first-round TKO.

Mills (14-4, 1 NC), a British fighter who made his Octagon debut at UFC 138 last month, has won his last five fights in a row. The former Cage Rage British welterweight champion needed just 40 seconds to beat Chris Cope in his UFC debut.
    Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Chad Griggs vs. Travis Browne Slated for UFC 145 in March

Chad Griggs' UFC debut will come against Travis Browne at UFC 145, the organization announced over the weekend.

The 33-year-old Griggs (11-1), who also works as a firefighter and paramedic in Arizona, went 3-0 in Strikeforce after he was plucked out of obscurity to be another opponent for Bobby Lashley in Aug. 2010. He would go onto beat Lashley, then another prospect in Gian Villante in February, followed by Valentijn Overeem in June.

Zuffa announced two weeks ago that Strikeforce's heavyweight division would cease to exist, and just like that, "The Grave Digger," who fought just once between Nov. 2007 and Aug. 2010, was headed to the big show.

Griggs will seemingly have to prove himself all over again when he meets the undefeated Browne (12-0-1), one of the UFC's top heavyweight prospects, in March. "Hapa" is 2-0-1 in the UFC, defeating Stefan Struve and Rob Broughton in his last two fights.

UFC 145 is expected to take place March 24 at Montreal's Bell Centre. The UFC has yet to announce a main event for the card.

vCash

mooi !!!

vCash

Rory Macdonald is een toekomstig kampioen, wat een talent heeft die gozer!
    Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone/Luke Rockhold/Jon Jones

vCash

War Mills

vCash

Brendan Schaub to Face Ben Rothwell at UFC 145

After suffering a knockout loss in his biggest career bout, Brendan Schaub will attempt to bounce back when he faces Ben Rothwell at UFC 145 in March 2012.

The UFC confirmed that both heavyweights have verbally agreed to the bout, which will take place during an event at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

Schaub recently saw his four-fight win streak snapped in a first-round knockout loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 134 in Rio de Janeiro. The 6-foot-4 Coloradoan looked good in the early going before getting ciipped, and Nogueira finished him with ground strikes for only his third career KO in over 40 fights.

Prior to that, Schaub (8-2) had put together a nice run, capped by a third-round knockout of Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic that vaulted him into contender status.

Rothwell too will be looking to rebound from a loss. Following a long layoff due to a knee injury and subsequent surgery, Rothwell (31-8) returned at September's UFC 135 and lost a decision to Mark Hunt.

The UFC has yet to officially announce a main event for UFC 145, but other bouts include Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills and Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs. The Bell Centre has been one of the most profitable venues for the promotion in recent years, with the arena briefly holding the North American attendance record, a mark that was later shattered by Toronto's cavernous Rogers Centre.

vCash

Hominick vs. Yagin, Bocek vs. Wiman Slated for UFC 145

Canadians Mark Hominick and Mark Bocek will play host to Eddie Yagin and Matt Wiman, respectively, at UFC 145 on March 24 at the Bell Centre in Montreal.

The UFC announced Tuesday that verbal agreements are in place for the two bouts.

Featherweight Hominick (20-10) will look to end a two-fight losing streak that began with his unsuccessful title challenge against Jose Aldo in April 2011 and extended with a seven-second knockout loss to Chan-Sung Jung last month.

Yagin (15-5-1) is a Filipino-American out of Hawaii who fell short in his UFC debut last September against Junior Assuncao.

In 2011, Toronto's Bocek (9-4) fought to a decision loss against lightweight title contender Ben Henderson and then bounced back with a win over Nik Lentz.

Wiman (14-6) has won four of his last five fights and in his most recent fight in October, earned a decision over Mac Danzig.

UFC 145 will be the promotion's first event in Canada of 2012 and its first trip back to the Bell Centre since UFC 124: St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2 in December 2010.

vCash

Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero Set for UFC 145

Two former Ultimate Fighter winners are set to clash at UFC 124 in Montreal on March 24.

Mac Danzig, who won Season Six of The Ultimate Fighter, and Efrain Escudero, who won Season Eight of the UFC's reality show, are set to square off in a lightweight bout, the UFC announced on Thursday.

Danzig will be fighting for the first time since losing to Matt Wiman on Oct. 1. That loss was Danzig's fifth in his last seven fights, and there was some talk that Danzig would be released from the promotion. But he'll get at least one more shot to prove he belongs in the Octagon against Escudero, who's also on thin ice with the UFC: Escudero was released by the UFC in 2010 before getting another chance at UFC 141, where he lost to Jacob Volkmann. The loser of Danzig-Escudero is probably done in the UFC.

The Danzig vs. Escudero fight is one of several the UFC announced on Thursday.

-- UFC 145 will also feature Matt Wiman vs. Mark Bocek in a lightweight fight.

vCash

vCash

Arrow

benieuwd wat hier de Main Event van wordt. In canada staan er altijd grote toppers in hun main event en aangezien jones in overleg en goedkeuring van dana rond april een gevecht weer mag verwachten kan dit misschien nog wel dit event worden aangezien er buiten UFC 146 geen andere optie is(kan me niet voorstellen dat Jones naar Zweden komt!)

EDIT: Alhoewel ik op een aantal verschillende sites heb gelezen dat er mogelijk Velasquez vs Antonio Silva komt op dit event(lijkt me wel main event waardig)

vCash

Dat laatste heb ik idd ook gelezen zal wel een prachtige aanvulling zijn.

vCash

wordt UFC 146 nu dan 145? of gaan ze gewoon een nieuwe locatie zoeken en blijven de gevechten die er nu staan gewoon staan?

vCash

UFC 145 Card Filling Fast, With Miguel Torres-Michael McDonald Added to Event

Atlanta's UFC 145 has rapidly taken shape over the last 24 hours, with most of the fights originally scheduled for Montreal shifted to the April 21 card.

But it also has some additions. Among the newest bouts signed is a bantamweight tilt with rising star Michael McDonald taking on former WEC champ Miguel Torres. The UFC confirmed the matchup on Friday afternoon.

Just 21 years, McDonald (14-1) is considered one of MMA's brightest lighter weight prospects, and he's won all three of his octagon bouts so far, most recently knocking out Alex Soto in just 56 seconds at UFC 139.

Torres (39-4) is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Nick Pace on the same card. Shortly thereafter, Torres was released from the UFC after making offensive comments on Twitter. Within three weeks, however, Torres had met with company president Dana White, who decided that Torres had shown remorse for his mistake and he was re-signed.

In addition to Torres-McDonald, eight bouts that were supposed to take place on the canceled Montreal show were moved over.

All told, 10 fights have been announced for the show, which is quite conspicuously missing a main event. With light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently telling UFC brass he's ready to step back into training, a Jones title defense is a distinct possibility, though the UFC has given no indication of that happening.

The full card as it currently stands is below.

Michael McDonald vs. Miguel Torres
    Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage
    Mark Hominick and Eddie Yagin
    Rory McDonald vs. Che Mills
    Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
    Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman
    Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
    John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
    Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
    Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements

vCash

Jon Jones Says He'll Be Ready to Defend Belt by Upcoming Atlanta Event

After four dominant wins in a banner 2011 that saw him ascend to UFC light-heavyweight champion, Jon Jones said he was headed for a long vacation, but after about one month on the sidelines taking care of other business, Jones is ready to begin preparations to get back into the octagon.

During an interview on Friday night's UFC on FX post-fight show, Jones said that he's awaiting his next assignment, which is likely to come in the form of either Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson or Phil Davis.

Asked when he might return, Jones (15-1) said he was "hearing rumors" of a date in Atlanta for what would be UFC 145.

Given the current scheduling situation, Jones is a near lock to be slotted into the card, which will take place on April 21 at Philips Arena. The UFC has already announced 10 bouts for the event, but it is conspicuously missing a headliner.

Jones may know his fate as early as next weekend, when Evans and Davis battle in the main event of UFC on FOX 2. If Evans wins, he has been assured a chance to fight for the belt in a bout that would likely be the grudge match of the year. He would, however, have to come out of the fight injury-free, no sure thing against the grinding style of Davis. With less than three months between the January 28 FOX fight and the April date, Evans could miss out on another title opportunity should he suffer any injury setback.

If that were the case, Henderson would almost certainly be thrust into the spot ahead of Evans. Henderson is coming off his epic UFC 139 win against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in a bout that many are calling the best fight in UFC history. In the aftermath, Henderson turned down a fight with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in order to wait and see how Evans-Davis turns out. The calculated gamble may turn out to provide dividends.

A Davis win would muddle the picture greatly. Though UFC president Dana White has said he'd prefer the 41-year-old Henderson over a victorious Davis, a dominant performance by the young upstart might cause him to reconsider.

Either way, it seems likely that Jones will have one of the three queued up and ready to go within two weeks as the champion looks to follow up his brilliant 2011.

vCash

Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans Title Match Set for UFC 145 in Atlanta

UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones will defend his belt at UFC 145 in Atlanta, the UFC confirmed during Saturday night's UFC on FOX 2 event.

Barring any unforeseen issues, it will be against his former friend and current rival Rashad Evans.

By virtue of his unanimous decision win over Phil Davis on Saturday, Evans (17-1-1) held on to his No. 1 contender status, but after a fairly grueling five-rounder, he'd have only 12 weeks to heal up any injuries he suffered during the fight and prepare for a title bout. In the post-fight press conference, Evans didn't mention any physical issues stemming from the fight, saying that he was looking forward to the long-awaited grudge match and title bout with Jones.

"Yeah I'm ready to fight in April or whenever," he said. "There's a couple of things I need to work on. I look forward to going into camp and working on things, but I'm looking forward to fighting Jon and giving the fans the fight they want to see."

Evans admitted that it was difficult to prepare for Davis with the possibility of fighting Jones lurking in the background.

"This is the monkey on my back I had to get over," he said. "It was hard to get ready for this fight because everybody kept talking about that fight [with Jones]. It was hard to get excited for a fight like this, but Phil Davis definitely brought it, and now that I won, I get the opportunity to fight Jon, and I'm very excited about it."

Atlanta is the site of Evans' star-making win, as he knocked out Chuck Liddell at UFC 88 at the same arena that will host UFC 145.

Jones, who was in Chicago as a member of the FOX broadcast team, was beaming after Evans' win, saying that he was happy to finally face his former teammate in the cage.

"I can't wait to get past this chapter in my career," he said. "I've been calling him my antagonist because of all the hype and drama. So I'm a happy man. I'm looking forward to retaining my title on April 21st in the ATL."

It's not a lock yet though, as Evans will have to pass a post-fight physical and hope to avoid any lengthy medical suspensions.

If Evans can't make the quick turnaround, former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Dan Henderson is likely to get the headlining slot opposite Jones.

The 41-year-old Henderson (29-8) is coming off his thrilling unanimous decision win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 139, a scrap that many have called the greatest MMA fight of all time.

Jones originally won the belt at UFC 128, battering Rua en route to a fourth-round TKO. He then successfully defended it twice, beating Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Lyoto Machida to cap a banner 2011.

UFC 145 takes place on April 21 from Philips Arena.

vCash

Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans Title Match Set for UFC 145 in Atlanta

UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones will defend his belt at UFC 145 in Atlanta, the UFC confirmed during Saturday night's UFC on FOX 2 event.

Barring any unforeseen issues, it will be against his former friend and current rival Rashad Evans.

By virtue of his unanimous decision win over Phil Davis on Saturday, Evans (17-1-1) held on to his No. 1 contender status, but after a fairly grueling five-rounder, he'd have only 12 weeks to heal up any injuries he suffered during the fight and prepare for a title bout. In the post-fight press conference, Evans didn't mention any physical issues stemming from the fight, saying that he was looking forward to the long-awaited grudge match and title bout with Jones.

"Yeah I'm ready to fight in April or whenever," he said. "There's a couple of things I need to work on. I look forward to going into camp and working on things, but I'm looking forward to fighting Jon and giving the fans the fight they want to see."

Evans admitted that it was difficult to prepare for Davis with the possibility of fighting Jones lurking in the background.

"This is the monkey on my back I had to get over," he said. "It was hard to get ready for this fight because everybody kept talking about that fight [with Jones]. It was hard to get excited for a fight like this, but Phil Davis definitely brought it, and now that I won, I get the opportunity to fight Jon, and I'm very excited about it."

Atlanta is the site of Evans' star-making win, as he knocked out Chuck Liddell at UFC 88 at the same arena that will host UFC 145.

Jones, who was in Chicago as a member of the FOX broadcast team, was beaming after Evans' win, saying that he was happy to finally face his former teammate in the cage.

"I can't wait to get past this chapter in my career," he said. "I've been calling him my antagonist because of all the hype and drama. So I'm a happy man. I'm looking forward to retaining my title on April 21st in the ATL."

It's not a lock yet though, as Evans will have to pass a post-fight physical and hope to avoid any lengthy medical suspensions.

If Evans can't make the quick turnaround, former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Dan Henderson is likely to get the headlining slot opposite Jones.

The 41-year-old Henderson (29-8) is coming off his thrilling unanimous decision win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 139, a scrap that many have called the greatest MMA fight of all time.

Jones originally won the belt at UFC 128, battering Rua en route to a fourth-round TKO. He then successfully defended it twice, beating Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Lyoto Machida to cap a banner 2011.

UFC 145 takes place on April 21 from Philips Arena.

vCash

Jon Jones Heavy Favorite Over Rashad Evans in Early Odds

Rashad Evans has only lost one match in his MMA career, but oddsmakers strongly believe that when he and Jon Jones face off in Atlanta on April 21, Jones will hand him his second defeat.

According to the earliest line released on the fight, Jones (15-1) is a massive 6-to-1 favorite to successfully defend his belt for the third straight time.

Evans will only have 12 weeks to recover and prepare following his five-round unanimous decision win over Phil Davis at last Saturday's UFC on FOX 2 event.

Evans (17-1-1) has been the No. 1 contender in waiting since beating Quinton Jackson back in May 2010, but a series of circumstances including injuries and timing have left him unable to cash that chip in until now.

The two were quite infamously training partners at Team Greg Jackson in New Mexico before a Jones interview in which he said he would fight Evans if ordered to by UFC president Dana White fractured the pairing.

Jones captured the belt last March with a TKO destruction of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and subsequently defended it with wins over Jackson and Lyoto Machida.

Evans admitted it was difficult to prepare for the Davis match with the title bout possibility hanging in the background. Now he finally gets it, but if odds are to be believed, he also faces a major uphill battle.

The fight takes place as the main event of UFC 145 at Philips Arena in Atlanta.

vCash

vCash

Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Hasn't Progressed, Phil Davis Looked 'Like a Sheep'

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had a comfortable seat as a FOX Sports analyst for Saturday night's main event in Chicago, but he wasn't particularly impressed with what he saw from either Rashad Evans or Phil Davis at the UFC on FOX 2 event, he told Ariel Helwani on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

Though Evans won the decision and the right to challenge for the belt, Jones said he "didn't really see much progression" from the former champion, and suggested that Evans hasn't benefited much from a change in training camps.

"I think his top control looked a little tighter," Jones said. "I think his guard passes looked pretty decent. With that being said, Phil, man, I don't know what got into him. He did not look like a lion. I think with fighters, no matter how tough you are, there's just lions and there's wolves and there's sheep. He just kind of looked like a sheep out there. He didn't come with much."

Though Jones admitted that his new role at the analysts' table caused him a little apprehension, he said the nerves might have likewise gotten to Davis, who was blanked on the scorecards by the more experienced Evans.

"I think he got a little intimidated by Rashad," said Jones. "And the pressure of being on FOX, how many millions of people were watching the fight, I just don't think he handled the situation well. That's why, when I was broadcasting, I said this is where we'll see where Phil's at, if he's going to be a top-level guy or a mid-tier fighter. Judging by the performance [Saturday] night, I don't know if I can consider himself a wolf."

Evans' victory cleared the way for him to face Jones for the UFC 205-pound title, most likely in Atlanta on April 21. While Jones said he plans to "do what I always do and tear him up," he suggested that Evans' lack of improvement in recent fights would cost him in the cage.

"I think that's going to be the biggest difference in the fight, is my youth, my ambition, my drive, my creativity. Rashad's been fighting for, I don't know, maybe eight years. Many of the years, he trained with the coaches that are coaching me to beat him. I definitely didn't see any progressions. I feel like he's coming down the other side of the hill. Even his body looked softer."

While Jones and Evans briefly trained side-by-side at Greg Jackson's gym in New Mexico, Jackson has said he wants no part of a fight between the former teammates. For that reason alone, Jones said, Jackson likely won't be in his corner when he defends his title against Evans.

"Rashad and Greg had some genuine moments and I wouldn't put him in that position. ...I could never imagine [Jackson] coaching against me, and I wouldn't put that pressure on him to coach against Rashad."

Thanks in part to Jones' own acrimonious history with Evans, the champ described the bout as one that he's much more interested in and motivated for than he was for his last title defense against former champ Lyoto Machida. And while he knows the trash-talk will be intense in the weeks leading up to the fight, Jones isn't going to shy away from it, he said.

"My plan is to let it get the best of me, and to train and bring out the best in me," he said. "...This is just a fight that I'm not going to lose. It's not happening."

Once it's all over, however, Jones said he hopes the two of them can put their differences aside and once again be cordial to one another, even if they may never be friends.

"I'd love to have a respectful relationship with him, because actually, deep down, I kind of just liked hanging with the guy," said Jones. "He was cool. We had good times. We did a lot of cool stuff together and it sucked that competition came between our friendship. After this fight, I just hope that the respect can be restored. Friendship is not necessary, but the respect should be restored."

vCash

UFC 145 Fight Card: Jones vs. Evans

The UFC 145 fight card is slated to be headlined by Jon Jones putting his light heavyweight title on the line against Rashad Evans in the UFC's return to Atlanta on April 21 at the Phillips Arena.

The two are former training partners and friends that grew apart when Jones stated his willingness to face Evans even though the two had a pact to not fight one another. Jones ended up beating Mauricio "Shogun" Rua for the title and Evans soon after left Greg Jackson's camp in order to distance himself from Jones.

Check out the rest of the current UFC 145 card below.

Jon Jone vs. Rashad Evans
    Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
    Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage
    Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
    Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
    Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
    Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
    Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman
    Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
    Anthony Njokuani vs. John Makdessi
    Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski

vCash

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans
    Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
    Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
    Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
    Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman
    Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
    Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
    Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
    Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero
    Featherweight bout: Marcus Brimage vs. Maximo Blanco
    Welterweight bout: Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements

vCash

Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson to Face Matt Brown at UFC 145

Undefeated striking phenom Stephen Thompson won't have a long wait on the sidelines to follow up his spectacular debut. The South Carolinian, who has now won 63 straight kickboxing and MMA fights, will take on Matt Brown at UFC 145.

The UFC confirmed the welterweight pairing on Saturday, following a report from Thompson's hometown paper, Greenville Online.

Thompson showed no first-time octagon jitters at UFC 143, knocking out Dan Stittgen with a headkick at 4:13 of the first round. That made him a perfect 6-0 in his pro MMA career since moving over from the kickboxing world.
    Brown will certainly represent his biggest test thus far.

The Ultimate Fighter veteran also fought at UFC 143, earning a second-round TKO of Chris Cope. Brown (13-11) has won two of his last three overall. Brown brings with him a great deal of experience, having fought 11 times in the UFC dating back to his debut in 2008.

UFC 145 takes place at Philips Arena in Atlanta. The main event matches UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones against No. 1 contender Rashad Evans in a long-awaited grudge match.

vCash

Is er iemand die denkt dat Rashad een goede kans maakt?

Ben benieuwd naar meningen, ik ben namelijk meer Evans fan dan Jones, alleen schat zijn kansen heel laag in. Jones is te goed op dit gewicht.

Snapte ook dat laatste bericht niet, dat Jones naar heavyweight wilde gaan na twee succesvolle defenses nog. Dat de UFC dat te vroeg vond... In de heavyweight zie ik hoop leuke partijen voor hem, in LHW domineerd hij keihard, zie niemand een kans maken, de laatste was Machida en dit had een goede eerste ronde, tweede trouwens ook leuke momenten maar daarna was het snel weer over helaas.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheCarnage View Post
    Is er iemand die denkt dat Rashad een goede kans maakt?

Ben benieuwd naar meningen, ik ben namelijk meer Evans fan dan Jones, alleen schat zijn kansen heel laag in. Jones is te goed op dit gewicht.

Snapte ook dat laatste bericht niet, dat Jones naar heavyweight wilde gaan na twee succesvolle defenses nog. Dat de UFC dat te vroeg vond... In de heavyweight zie ik hoop leuke partijen voor hem, in LHW domineerd hij keihard, zie niemand een kans maken, de laatste was Machida en dit had een goede eerste ronde, tweede trouwens ook leuke momenten maar daarna was het snel weer over helaas.
    Nee, het enige wat Evans in staat is tegen Jones is overleven. Wellicht houdt Evans het 4 rondes vol. En ik zie Evans geen schade aanrichten tegen Jones, daarvoor komt ie lengte te kort. Jones is net als Diaz, maakt goed gebruik van zijn reach! Jones is onverslaanbaar komende maanden, jaren!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by El Bambino View Post
    Nee, het enige wat Evans in staat is tegen Jones is overleven. Wellicht houdt Evans het 4 rondes vol. En ik zie Evans geen schade aanrichten tegen Jones, daarvoor komt ie lengte te kort. Jones is net als Diaz, maakt goed gebruik van zijn reach! Jones is onverslaanbaar komende maanden, jaren!
    Tja.... Mee eens man