NOG GEEN LID?
MELD JE HIER GRATIS AAN!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    vCash

Advertentie door Mixfight.nl
    Advertentie van Mixfight

Be a Warrior, not a Worrier

vCash

Ik heb echt kapot veel zin in deze partij, ik hoop stiekem dat Rashad wint...

vCash

RASHADDDDD
    Professionele video van uw Event of Bedrijf? Nu ook gebruik van Drones! ELEVATEDHEROES.com

vCash

Ik zou echt niet weten voor wie ik moet gaan. Rashad heeft in het verleden mooie gevechten geleverd. Maar het verleden biedt geen garantie voor de toekomst.

vCash

#EXCITED

vCash

Jon Jones 8 van de 10 keer en ik denk dat Jones gaat winnen. Kan erg genieten van zijn creativiteit in de ring. Hoop dat Jackson dat er niet uit haalt. my 0.02 cents
    MORAALRIDDER 1st klas - "Behandel anderen zoals je door hen behandeld wil worden"

vCash

vCash

war Jones!

vCash

ik hoop rashad maar ik denk jones

vCash

WAR Rashad Evans

vCash

The Moment Everything Supposedly Changed for Jon Jones and Rashad Evans

Last February, I flew to Albuquerque, N.M., to interview then-No. 1 contender Jon Jones at Jackson-Winkeljohn Mixed Martial Arts for the UFC on Versus 3 pre-fight show, which would air on March 3.

Jones was days removed from his win over Ryan Bader at UFC 126 and was getting ready to fight Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 128 for the UFC light heavyweight title. As you may recall, Jones got the title shot after his then-friend and training partner Rashad Evans had to pull out of the fight due to a knee injury.

At the time of the interview, which you can watch here, Jones and Evans were still friends, but it seemed more and more likely that they would someday have to fight each other. I asked Jones (8:50 mark) what he planned on doing if UFC president Dana White asked him to fight Evans.

"It's Dana's world when you're a UFC fighter and we live in it," Jones said. "So, I respect Dana a lot, and if that's what he absolutely wanted to happen, I guess that's what would have to happen. Me or Rashad would not want to get fired over the situation. It would just be majorly awkward for us. Rashad and I have a lot in common: we're both young, African-American men with families. We both like to sing, have fun. We're both elite MMA fighters. We have a lot in common, and we both really clicked really well. There's just so many other great fighters in the world that we could compete against. And you know, we're not animals. We're friends, we're human beings. I would hate to have to fight my own teammate. I would never want to."

So, why am I bringing this up now? Well, ever since the Jones-Evans fight became a reality, Evans has pointed to this response as the moment everything changed. In fact, the latest UFC 145 preview video, which can be seen below, credits this moment as the beginning of the end of their friendship.

Now, I'm not trying to rehash a year-old interview. I'm just a little surprised that this is the moment that created the rift heard around the MMA world.
    So I'll turn to you, our loyal readers. Do you think Jones' answer was really that disrespectful? Should he have been a little more emphatic in expressing his desire to never fight Evans, or was he only being a good company man weeks before his first title shot? Was Jones being a bad friend or is Evans being too sensitive?

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

vCash

Wedden dat Hashad haar na de opnames nog even wat ground and pound heeft geleerd

vCash

vCash

vCash

Miguel Torres on UFC 145 Opponent Michael McDonald: ‘I’m Going to Show Him What’s Up’

Stat sheets may list Miguel Torres as inactive for the past four months, but for a so-called break, the fighter's life has been awfully eventful.
    Back in December, Torres' hammer dropped swiftly and without remorse. After posting a misguided Workaholics joke on Twitter, the 31-year-old bantamweight found himself drowning under a firestorm of outrage, and soon after, exiled from the UFC.

Torres eventually worked his way back into Dana White's good graces, expressing remorse and donating money to local rape centers on his own dime, however the experience of losing everything in a split-second left him a changed man.
    "I learned to watch what I say and to appreciate what I have," Torres candidly admitted on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

"I had no idea what was going to happen. The situation was all fun and games, and then it got real really quick. ... Now my mindset is this could be taken away from me at any time. I have to make the most of what I have, while I have it."

It's easy to lose sight of such things after twelve years of fighting for a living. But facing the stark reality of a life without the UFC, Torres quickly began to realize the implications of what he initially thought was a harmless joke.

"I just didn't take it into perspective like I do now," he said. "I was too busy taking care of everything else. Running my business, being with my family, traveling, fighting, training, training other people, just doing so many things that I didn't appreciate little things, like being hired in the UFC. So something like that makes a huge difference in your life, and I appreciate that now."

Ultimately, Torres' renewed self-awareness has become a blessing in disguise. After experiencing such an eye-opening downslide, his commitment to fighting is the strongest it has ever been, and as he prepares for a potential number-one contender match against upstart prospect Michael McDonald at UFC 145, everything from his diet to his training has transformed for the better.

"My whole career has been about proving people wrong," Torres asserted. "Ever since the beginning, people have never given me a benefit of the doubt and never given me a chance.

"For me, I look at this as a second chance to be able to show everybody what I'm about. I haven't had a clear mind in a long time. The fact that I get to solely focus on training is going to make me a 100-percent different person. I already know, the way I'm training now, I feel different. It's unexplainable. People that watch me train have noticed a huge difference. They ask if I've been eating different or doing something different. The biggest thing is that my mind is clear. I have no worries."
    With three recent wins sandwiched between a loss to top contender Demetrious Johnson, Torres (40-4) appears poised to make another run at the belt that once rested on his mantle.

McDonald's stock may be skyrocketing, but at just 21 years old, having barely grazed the legal drinking age, the young Californian is still extremely untested, and he hasn't yet had to fight anybody like Torres. According to the former WEC champion, that chasm of inexperience is going to become very clear, very quickly. "I'm going to give him his introduction to the real world of MMA," Torres finished intensely.

"I'm not going to test him at all. I'm going to show him what's up. Big difference: when you give a test, you can pass and fail a test. When you show somebody what's up, that's what you show them. I'm going to show him what's up."

vCash

UFC 145 Pay-Per-View to Feature Six Live Fights

The Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald bantamweight fight was officially added to the UFC 145 pay-per-view lineup on Thursday, which means that the April 21st main card will feature six live fights.

UFC pay-per-views traditionally feature five live fights, however, the organization has recently started to deviate from the norm, as they aired seven fights at UFC 144.

"Fighting on Pay-Per-View is special to me," Torres stated on UFC.com. "I would watch the big boxing cards with my father as a kid, and my father would well up with pride and emotion when guys like Julio Cesar Chavez fought. I'd never seen my father show so much emotion and I am proud to become an extension of that great Mexican fighting legacy in the UFC."

Torres (40-4) is 3-1 in his last four fights, while the 21-year-old McDonald (14-1) has won his last seven fights in a row.

Below is a look at the full UFC 145 lineup, which will take place at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta.

Pay-Per-View main card
    Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans -- UFC light heavyweight title
    Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
    Ben Rothwell vs. Brendan Schaub
    Michael McDonald vs. Miguel Torres
    Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
    Mark Bocek vs. Matt Wiman

FX Prelims
    Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
    Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
    John Makdessi vs. Anthony NjokuaniMac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero

Facebook prelims
    Chris Clements vs. Keith Wisniewski
    Maximo Blanco vs. Marcus Brimage

vCash

Greg Jackson Explains Decision to Corner Jon Jones Against Rashad Evans

Greg Jackson's decision to corner Jon Jones against Rashad Evans was made in the 1860s. Not literally, of course. Instead, Jackson turned to Civil War history to help him through his personal struggle of how to handle a situation that saw him stuck between one of his most revered former students and his current standout.

Jackson originally planned to sit out the Jones-Evans fight, but after Jones and others in his fight team spoke to him about his decision, he reconsidered by reflecting on history. One day, he was reading about the Civil War, and was struck by the way many were forced to take action to a cause they believed in, even if it was an inconvenient battle to fight.

While he acknowledged his decision was nowhere near as profound as the one that ripped the country apart, he at least saw a small parallel that ultimately pushed him to take Jones' side when he opposes former Team Jackson member Evans at UFC 145.

"I felt I had kind of a duty to the team," Jackson said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "What I mean by that is Jon Jones is on the team, Rashad has left the team and has made it pretty clear he’s not coming back. My personal feeling, if I wanted to be a little selfish, I would say, 'I don’t want to deal with any of it. I don’t want to be there at all.' But it has to mean something to be on a team. It has to mean something, and I felt I had a duty to do that, because Jon’s on the team, so it’s my responsibility to corner him. Even though it’s a really hard decision, I decided to go with it."

Jackson has been working with Jones throughout the entire fight camp, but that doesn't mean it's been a comfortable feeling given everything he's gone through with Evans over the years. The two were together for most of Evans' career, through his championship victory, until the tension with Jones caused a rift that ultimately became a rip.

"It’s not fun," he said of the situation. "I wouldn’t call it weird, it’s just not fun. I love Jon to death, but I love Rashad, too. And so it’s not a position I enjoy at all. It’s not something I like, but it something I think I have to do."

Jackson took the blame for the situation's genesis, saying he didn't have protocols in place to prevent it. Instead, it was simply an unwritten rule that teammates wouldn't fight each other.

Now he admits that's no longer realistic, and that especially if a championship is on the line, teammates may have to square off. When that happens in the future, Jackson won't corner either fighter, but coaches from his camp will take each side. That's already happening to a degree, as campmates UFC welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre and interim champ Carlos Condit were once scheduled to fight, and will again face that situation when St. Pierre is healed.

Jackson hopes that now that there is a procedure in place, things won't blow up again.

"Our camaraderie has been great," he said. "I thought it might wreck morale, but it didn't. In fact, because everybody knows this is the reality of the situation, everybody's OK with it. It's like being surprised. If you're surprised, if you're caught off-guard, things can go really badly. But if you know this is the way it is, when it happens, you're like, 'Well, we knew this would happen. Let's just get through it and move on.'"

For now though, he's left with a difficult situation. When he arrives in Atlanta, he knows he may be contributing to the downfall of someone he still cares for. Ironically, the city was a key battleground in ending the Civil War, and Jackson hopes it is the place where this personal war reaches its end.

"In a perfect world, they have a great fight and everybody squashes it and moves on from there, but we’ll see," he said. "Life is not a perfect thing. Everyone makes mistakes. I make mistakes, everybody else does as well, so yeah, I hope it gets squashed and everything works out after that. That’s my hopeful scenario."

vCash

vCash

Ik hoop Rashad, maar denk Jones.
    weblog voor producers, artiesten en gear lovers: Zerolatency.nl

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    X2

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post